Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,447 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? (17089 Views)

9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" / My Girl Friend Is About Going For NYSC Service / My One Year Nysc Experience In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2021

Taraba State Governor, Darius Ishaku, says that as part of the country’s efforts to combat insecurity, the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) should be extended to two years, and members be allowed to undergo military.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/07/07/insecurity-corps-members-should-undergo-compulsory-military-training-ishaku/amp/

I thought the idea was insane, but a friend of mine said 50per of youth corps members would be happy about it.

What's your take (eligible candidates)

Modified: I just watched the video on the interview, and I think it's a great idea. Isreal is a good example .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T10CnDJ-8iw

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by NobleEngineer(m): 5:27pm On Jul 08, 2021
Some lazy corp members are never happy when it's almost time for POP...they be like "so allawi don finish be dat"

Copas like them would definitely hope for additional year...lol

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2021
NobleEngineer:
Some lazy corp members are never happy when it's almost time for POP...they be like "so allawi don finish be dat"

Copas like them would definitely hope for additional year...lol

An opinion shared wink

6 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Badabada(m): 5:32pm On Jul 08, 2021
Misplaced priorities.

We have more pressing issues that needs to be addressed urgently. Most of this our politicians self...

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Kingpin1000: 5:41pm On Jul 08, 2021
Aboki and Cow mentality.

13 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 08, 2021
The essence of nysc is to foster national unity. And then comes the money aspect. The unity is hardly achieved and the money will barely change your life.

Let him talk about giving every graduating student an estimated 300k as empowerment for a skill acquired instead of going to a remote village to spend a year or two

129 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:13pm On Jul 08, 2021

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by SamuelLoch: 11:43pm On Jul 08, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Taraba State Governor, Darius Ishaku, says that as part of the country’s efforts to combat insecurity, the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) should be extended to two years, and members be allowed to undergo military.

https://www.channelstv.com/2021/07/07/insecurity-corps-members-should-undergo-compulsory-military-training-ishaku/amp/

I thought the idea was insane, but a friend of mine said 50per of youth corps members would be happy about it.

What's your take (eligible candidates)

Modified: I just watched the video on the interview, and I think it's a great idea. Isreal is a good example .

https://youtube.com/shorts/T10CnDJ-8iw?feature=share

So I went to school to study Finance. With the many hardship attached to my four-year course, I'd graduate then spend 2 years doing military combat. 2years o!!! Upon graduation, I can't remember all I learnt at school because it's not in my working memory. Now, I'd for the next two years not practice or learn a skill, but doing military combat undecided

What's good about this idea? If it's going to be optional, no problem sad

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Goldenrod1: 12:49am On Jul 09, 2021
Aboki will always be an aboki

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Providence2020(m): 6:07am On Jul 09, 2021
A very useless idea. When most of the population is dying from poverty and hunger, the fact that these idiots think adding an extra year to the already useless youth service scheme will salvage the country is just sad. When these old men have no answer to problems they simply try to stall or create distractions and sadly enough people gobble it up.

The caliphate has been given the keys to the Bus and they'll never let go, it's just a matter of time before it's clear to the whole world that Nigeria is no longer a democracy, they'll never let 2023 be free and fair, look around and see the game being played with the INEC nominee.

You really know what I think? I think this country has been on autopilot for a long while now, the only reason it hasn't fallen apart completely is because most people are just compliant and docile in the country, so the government gets to keep their illusion of control and order, if you disagree with me then explain why they're Nigerians who live under ISWAP and BH rule, yes there's people who haven't seen a Nigerian flag in their community for months, even if NA liberates the town they immediately get reoccupied once the army pulls out. It's a reality for hundreds of thousands of people. Yet the FG considers most of its enemies as Southerners

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Jeromejnr(m): 6:08am On Jul 09, 2021
Second year should be optional for those interested. Especially as some people need small funding due to low jobs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by nkem1992: 6:08am On Jul 09, 2021
Haha
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by greenie77: 6:09am On Jul 09, 2021
Waste of time!
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Franckly62(m): 6:09am On Jul 09, 2021
How does it make sense? The real reason for the establishment of the NYSC is to promote unity in the country. Right now, it's not working. Will adding a year automatically make everything better?
The problem with Nigeria is truly her Legislative Arm. They have the most power under the Constitution but either they use the power for corruption purposes or they become docile when it's time to show their strength.

10 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by temitope27(m): 6:09am On Jul 09, 2021
I even hate the program sef, it should be scrap

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by HeavenlyHolines(m): 6:09am On Jul 09, 2021
The fact is that we don't have visionary leaders.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Dialpad: 6:10am On Jul 09, 2021
This scheme has outlived its relevance, this is 2021, empower these kids to be more useful and resourceful.

Graduate from university and be mandated to learn a skill, whatever the skill is, so you can become useful to yourself and the society.

Now one mallam who found himself as governor not by merit thinks they should waste another 2 years of their lives.

Ridiculous!!!!

12 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by n3xt(m): 6:10am On Jul 09, 2021
SamuelLoch:

So I went to school to study Finance. With the many hardship attached to my four-year course, I'd graduate then spend 2 years doing military combat. 2years o!!! Upon graduation, I can't remember all I learnt at school because it's not in my working memory. Now, I'd for the next two years not practice or learn a skill, but doing military combat undecided

What's good about this idea? If it's going to be optional, no problem sad

This simply means graduates will be missing the ideal time to consolidate their knowledge from school.
By the time they hit the job market and are ready to practice, they’d have completely forgotten all that they’ve learnt in school and their employers will not be getting the full benefit as it's almost as if they're learning it again from scratch.

#misplacedpriority if you ask me.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by AirBay: 6:10am On Jul 09, 2021
I think the service year should be extended to 3years grin, Alawi to 45k. Second and third year should be optional. Lastly, the military training should be excluded. What's the purpose of staying in a shit hostel for 3weeks.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Generalwoodz(m): 6:10am On Jul 09, 2021
Anything to hasten the break away of this contraption is welcome.
But this don't sound like what Buhari will do...It looks all shades of the first bill Tinubu would sign if he becomes President.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by sureukraine111: 6:10am On Jul 09, 2021
For this Buhari hardship Era, it is OK o...

At least 30k sure for 2 years than minimum wage wey some governors can't even pay
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by eagleonearth(m): 6:10am On Jul 09, 2021
Gowon shouldn't hear that oo.

Well the only reason any corper should be happy about that is because the hopes of graduates are continually dashed in this country. They discovered the unity is not really being promoted and now they want to turn innocent corp members to canon fodders.

military combat ko mortal combat ni
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Drsnives(m): 6:11am On Jul 09, 2021
Them won just waste 2years of people's life..
Why not calculate the total sum amd pay them to start up something??
Even the 1year self is boring
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by fkj950ax(m): 6:11am On Jul 09, 2021
Absolutely unnecessary.
The police training is 6 months for the basic program, what will corpers be doing for 12 months extra.
Are we suppose to use corpers as reserves to fight criminals who are violent and better armed than the police force?
Even the standard issue for NArmy is the AK47, while bandits, terrorists have PK guns
A nation grappling with proliferation of illegal arms and ammunition will now have a youth population trained in weapons.

AK47 has a range of 350m
PK is 1000m (1km)
AK47 bullet speed is 2350ft/secs
PK speed is 2750ft/secs
AK47 fires 40-100 rounds a min
PK is 250 rounds a min
AK47 bullet type or size 7.62x39mm
PK bullet is 7.62x54mm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by sugarlyn: 6:11am On Jul 09, 2021
Hmmmmm
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Roon9(m): 6:11am On Jul 09, 2021
Nice one Mr governor. 2 years is even small sir I was even thinking 5yrs. Hope your sons are good in guerilla warfare, cos all politicians sons & daughters would be leading each unit that'd be sent deep into the heart of Boko qtrs.

And as for you OP, you and that your friend and the 50% suppose receive better flogging

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Karleb(m): 6:11am On Jul 09, 2021
Bullshit!
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Kuginzi: 6:12am On Jul 09, 2021
I am against it. If care is not taking, FG will stylishly train them on how to shoot gun in the name of self defense and deploy them to fight insurgency.

7 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by DenreleDave(m): 6:12am On Jul 09, 2021
[center][/center] grin
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by sureukraine111: 6:12am On Jul 09, 2021
Drsnives:
Them won just waste 2years of people's life..
Why not calculate the total sum amd pay them to start up something??
Even the 1year self is boring
free money or what?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Nobody: 6:12am On Jul 09, 2021
It's just a scheme to engage lazy Nigerian youths.
Re: What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? by Gbadespet(m): 6:12am On Jul 09, 2021
Na waste of time,why not say the federal government should pay corpers certain amount after service like 400k to start up life....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Service Year Of 158 Corpers Extended / Ex-Corpers Drop Your Tribute For Henry Amadi / A Nairalander, Frank Umeadi Won The 2M NYSC Business Plan Competition(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.