Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,803 members, 7,862,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:12 PM

Worse Past: But Has He Changed? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Worse Past: But Has He Changed? (678 Views)

18 Years Past But Haven't Yet Moved On From My Ex-BoyFriend! / Help Oooo! My Girlfriend Says She Has Dated Guys In The Past But She's Still A V / My Fiancee Went To NYSC And Changed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worse Past: But Has He Changed? by creamyy: 3:32pm On May 10, 2011
hi everyone.i need your honest opinion.

I met this guy who happens to be my family friend in a wedding sometime last year.our families are pretty close,it made the friendship easier for me.before i met him,i kept hearing stories about him,especially the part that says hes a  womanizer.but i never knew we would one day meet becos he actually just relocated from where he was before.the wedding was actually my second time of meeting him(met him once when i was growing up).

We actually exchanged numbers during this same wedding ceremony,and he called a week after.we got talking on the phone and he wanted to know if i was hooked(i had issues den)told him the truth about myself and all, and he did not mind at all(he never judged me), we hung out for weeks,then i discovered i really liked him.i am actually in love with this guy.just want i wanted.(understanding,funny,intelligent,not d exact physcial properties but am grateful)and he wanted something serious with me,

i also took my time to check him and i actually saw he was straight forward with me, he told me about his past(60% percent i guess,cos what i heard was worse) and with time i fell in love wih him, but right now my dad got the wind of my relationship and has threatened to disown me(i think its the womanizing ish), but right now am thinking to myself, what if everyone is judging him and he has change, what if d next guy i meet is worse, i love my dad,i love my boyfriend, pleas what do i do
Re: Worse Past: But Has He Changed? by MMM2(m): 4:00pm On May 10, 2011
creamy
old habit never die hard,
once a womanizer alwayz a womanizer.
Re: Worse Past: But Has He Changed? by LordReed(m): 4:07pm On May 10, 2011
This is a tricky one.

I am gonna assume his change is genuine but he has spoilt it by dating you. How? He is know for womanising and he has changed and yet the next available woman he meets he is in a relationship with her. Your dad and those that know his past reputation will not be so willing to believe his change because it is the very same behaviour they condemned that he is still doing.

What he should have done was to keep you guys at the friendship level for as long as possible IMO like a year at least since he is serious. That'll give everyone a chance to see the change. You dad's nonacceptance of your relationship bears this out.

I think what you guys should do is put the brakes on for a while maybe say 6 months? Let those around you get a chance to see the new him. If within 6 months he can prove himself then I think you are good to go.

Lemme add that the element of prayer can not be denied. Add it to any solution you choose.
Re: Worse Past: But Has He Changed? by creamyy: 4:28pm On May 10, 2011
lord reed, thanks so much i really appreciate
Re: Worse Past: But Has He Changed? by tosyne007(m): 4:49pm On May 10, 2011
M M M:

creamy
old habit never die hard,
once a womanizer alwayz a womanizer.

there's somin called change and it can happen to anybody, even the worst offenders.

@poster, there's a possibilty that the guy has changed and he is in love with u for real. only u can say if he is though cos u r he one that's been with him and i guess before u fell in love, u must have taken ur time to study him thoroughly. as per ur dad, he's only looking out for you and that's wat a responsible father should do cos if eventually, u get hrtbroken (i dont pray it happens), u will run back to ur family.

so u are the one that can bridge the gap and make tihis work. if u are sure the guy has trully changed, u can alwas covince ur dad and make him see reasons that this is where ur heart lies.

just be careful and dont let urs emotions get the best of u cos this things called LOVE can cloud our reasoning attimes.

all da best.
Re: Worse Past: But Has He Changed? by creamyy: 5:02pm On May 10, 2011
thank u very much, i noticed he has changed.and i ll commit it to God too.buh not to let emotions clud my judgement i need everyones point of view, i appreciate dis forum, thanks

(1) (Reply)

I Do I Know If She Love / To Stay Or To Move On: Luv Sumtyms? / Why So Many Unmarried Ladies/men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.