Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? (22320 Views)

Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire? / Pastor Stopped From Conducting Naming Ceremony In Ondo Over Coronavirus / Pastor Jeremiah Godman Iziduh Impregnates Widow's 2 Daughters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by justicechichex: 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2021
There's an athlete by the name Delilah Mohammed... Beautiful gal!
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by APOSTLECHUMA: 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
Munzy14:
But forget o, Women have been doing things back to the bible days o...grin

See Delilah, Jezebel, Rebecca weh collabo with Jacob run Esau street...grin.

The other that bathed in the open close to David's house..

I have forgotten the ones that got their father drunk and later taa ya vamvam...

Anyway, without them life go dey boring.
IT WAS ALL BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL SIN IN EDEN HAD TO DO WITH WHAT THEY ARE DOING TODAY BUT WE WERE TOLD THAT IN PARABLE.
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by Clintonchiedzie(m): 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2021
Check

Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by vickydevoka(m): 3:40pm On Jul 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
"Judas", "Jude", "Juda" are, I believe, variants of the name "Judah" which means "praised" or "praised one". undecided
Delilah is lilah
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by Charles121: 4:09pm On Jul 11, 2021
you have said it all na '' she does'nt have a good record in the bible'' that is the reason bro.
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by ofiko123(m): 4:17pm On Jul 11, 2021
Why should people name their children Delilah..
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by bizhop01: 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2021
Daughters of this world are worst than Delilah
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by mariahAngel(f): 4:18pm On Jul 11, 2021
Munzy14:
But forget o, Women have been doing things back to the bible days o...grin

See Delilah, Jezebel, Rebecca weh collabo with Jacob run Esau street...grin.

The other that bathed in the open close to David's house..

I have forgotten the ones that got their father drunk and later taa ya vamvam...

Anyway, without them life go dey boring.

Na all that part you go know for bible. grin
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by lauryy(f): 4:27pm On Jul 11, 2021
Do not generalise because there are many delilah scattered around the world
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by Munzy14(m): 4:33pm On Jul 11, 2021
mariahAngel:

Na all that part you go know for bible. grin
grin
In addition to 1Corinthians 7 guru gbadawa...

Ma Ephesians 5 from 22 gbadawa..
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by Bahamas95(m): 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2021
Gambit23:

People in USA n europe answer delilah as a name. It is stupid religious African Christians that avoids naming their children with such a beautiful name
Oga you can give your child any name you like, it's not against the constitution. Even if you name your child Lucifer the government won't jail you.

I am not a religious person but I got better names to give my children.
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by billyG(m): 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2021
Only Delilah name like Chidinma sef get as he be.
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by DAMN99: 4:41pm On Jul 11, 2021
It's a nice name and that's all i have to say.
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by Gfskw: 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by mastermind1759(m): 5:17pm On Jul 11, 2021
If na boy name am Judas
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by mariahAngel(f): 5:26pm On Jul 11, 2021
Munzy14:

grin
In addition to 1Corinthians 7 guru gbadawa...

Ma Ephesians 5 from 22 gbadawa..

I gbaliala nnoo. grin

I'll read them later. Ka'm mara....
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by TinaG(f): 5:42pm On Jul 11, 2021
It won't be a crime if it starts from you.
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by FRANKOSKI(m): 6:10pm On Jul 11, 2021
DO YOU THINK SHE WAS THE FIRST TO BEAR THE NAME ?
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by voizofone: 6:10pm On Jul 11, 2021
mariodko190:
This question has been ringing in my head, the fact that she doesn't have a good record in the Bible, what other reasons people are afraid

Long story short, when you have your own daughter, just name her Delilah.
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by FRANKOSKI(m): 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2021
EVEN JEZEBEL
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by Emeka71(m): 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The name "Delilah" means "delicate". How did you come to conclude that the woman so named in the bible "performed" ner name in Samson's life?. undecided
Sometimes you can't judge the action of somebody by thier name.
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by Looxenbug1: 6:32pm On Jul 11, 2021
mariodko190:
This question has been ringing in my head, the fact that she doesn't have a good record in the Bible, what other reasons people are afraid

It is because of the law of first mention in religion.

The name Delilah means delicate. If you ask me that is not a bad name for a woman. But because of her appearance and role in the Bible people dey avoid the name. Same applies to lucifer.
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
vickydevoka:

Delilah is lilah
That response was for someone who claimed no one named their kids Judas either. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2021
Emeka71:
Sometimes you can't judge the action of somebody by thier name.
I have never known it possible for one to judge the character of another by name only. undecided
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by Joseph08(m): 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2021
Another name for Delilah is Chidinma grin

Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by OgahBohz: 7:22pm On Jul 11, 2021
billynoni:
Same reason nobody's naming their son, Judas.

So whats the meaning of Jude?
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by Stanbaba30: 7:59pm On Jul 11, 2021
See wahala ooo..! If parents don't want to name their daughters Delilah, it's their own right not to. Try naming one of yours and see the power of names. But I trust men of nowadays, any body with that name around them will surely cause them to japå. Problems plenty, why add to yours?
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Jul 11, 2021
Stanbaba30:
See wahala ooo..! If parents don't want to name their daughters Delilah, it's their own right not to. Try naming one of yours and see the power of names. But I trust men of nowadays, any body with that name around them will surely cause them to japå. Problems plenty, why add to yours?
Did God tell you that there is power in a name or did your Mogs fill your heads with that lie? undecided
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by Gambit23: 11:29pm On Jul 11, 2021
Bahamas95:
Oga you can give your child any name you like, it's not against the constitution. Even if you name your child Lucifer the government won't jail you.

I am not a religious person but I got better names to give my children.

Ur post has zero connection with the content of my post.
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by Gambit23: 11:30pm On Jul 11, 2021
Stanbaba30:

Running an assumption that there is power in names is basically superstition.
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by capacino(m): 6:27am On Jul 12, 2021
Only in 9ja, I have a Ghanaian friend who bears that name Delilah
Re: Why Are People Not Naming Their Daughters “delilah” ? by J2381: 7:58am On Jul 12, 2021
mariodko190:
well you can name yours Delilah. You can even name your son Jesus because I don't remember Nigerian parents naming their kids Jesus. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Matthew Idongesit: Nsima Ekere Will Win Akwa Ibom Governorship Election / Do You Believe In Life After Death? / Bishop Bridget Eagle Okafoagu Dies, Resurrects After 3 Days - Says Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.