Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Matured Advice Urgently Needed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Matured Advice Urgently Needed (1365 Views)

Should I Continue This Relationship Or Just End It.. Matured Advice Only / I Need Matured Advice / How Can I Break A Blood Oath ..matured Advice Plls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matured Advice Urgently Needed by Benard5050: 5:59pm On Jul 09, 2021
Pls friends this story is long but I will try my best to summarize it...

After staying at home for 9months after Nysc without a job, a woman who is a family friend told me to come and teach in her school, this was timely as I was getting depressed due to my joblessness...

I relocated to d town which is a rural area, and but with time I adapted. She's has been doing well to me to d extent of even bringing lunch for me every day.

I've been doing this job for 2 years now but there's no significant progress and my life. I'll be 29yrs in a few days from now but still not ok with d way my life is...

I had a plan to get a loan of 200k from family and friends to open a laundry business in the town I'm teaching as d business is not common there and I wish to use d opportunity to explore this.

My great concern is how will my boss react if I resign and she noticed I'm not going home but staying in her then doing laundry business.

She pays me 20k per month for teaching in her school, she even made me V.Principal and increased my salary by 5k of recent.

Guys pls advised me on what to do that will not hurt anyone...

I need to go into business so I can have proper planning for myself and my future.
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by lilvicky68(m): 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2021
Are you dating the woman?? If not move on with your life..she no expect you to remain with her forever na..

5 Likes

Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by Benard5050: 6:03pm On Jul 09, 2021
lilvicky68:
Are you dating the woman?? If not move on with your life..she no expect you to remain with her forever na..

She's a family friend but more like aunt to me...
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by lilvicky68(m): 6:08pm On Jul 09, 2021
Benard5050:

She will understand.. but make sure you have everything planned out before leaving cos she won't accept you back..
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by Militant30: 6:10pm On Jul 09, 2021
If I meet you one on one I will help you delete the spirit of stupidity from your bossom by giving 30 dirty slaps.

What has the feeling of your boss gat to do with your brokeness?

My friend get up and do something with your life either you are browsing her network or not.

Will you allow to molested by poverty of the mind.

Wake up now

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by nokspos: 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2021
Don't displease yourself to please others. Give her a month notice, if she pays you off or not, find your way out. You have to be selfish to be successful in life. Meanwhile, starting a business with loan is not a good idea, all you need is a washing machine , you won't even need an office at the beginning, just do flyers, meet bankers and corporate guys one on one, do free trial services to build your client base. All the best...

6 Likes

Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by Divoc19(f): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2021
Vice Principal hmm
Do you have interest in education as a career?
If not let her know in advance (3months notice) that you want to move on.

If you have interest in education as a career then remain there and strategize on how to grow the school and your salary.

Note: you won't succeed with your laundry business around her. Go where she won't monitor your business.

1 Like

Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by Benard5050: 6:23pm On Jul 09, 2021
nokspos:
Don't displease yourself to please others. Give her a month notice, if she pays you off or not, find your way out. You have to be selfish to be successful in life. Meanwhile, starting a business with loan is not a good idea, all you need is a washing machine , you won't even need an office at the beginning, just do flyers, meet bankers and corporate guys one on one, do free trial services to build your client base. All the best...

Thank u
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by greatcrown: 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2021
Are you sure laundry business will sell in that location as you claimed it's a rural area?

I will advise you start on a small scale first while still retaining your current teaching job without going into too much debt.

Depending on performance you may then decide to resign or not to resign.

1 Like

Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by Benard5050: 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2021
greatcrown:
Are you sure laundry business will sell in that location as you claimed it's a rural area?

I will advise you start on a small scale first while still retaining your current teaching job without going into too much debt.

Depending on performance you may then decide to resign or not to resign.

It's a rural but d development rate is high currently and currently some institutions is in d verge of moving there
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by Harrykn: 6:48pm On Jul 09, 2021
If I 35k add buy laptop. I for dey use 200px font size read this story, chai!!
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by Angelacruz: 6:52pm On Jul 09, 2021
Dont borrow to start any bizness
Benard5050:

It's a rural but d development rate is high currently and currently some institutions is in d verge of moving there
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by EzegeNdiigbo: 7:10pm On Jul 09, 2021
Man what do ya think?

Let's first start from there!!!
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by Wawelexy(m): 7:21pm On Jul 09, 2021
Old kpekus wey get big back syd and saggy borbi still they sweet u abi?
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by Benard5050: 7:25pm On Jul 09, 2021
EzegeNdiigbo:
Man what do ya think?

Let's first start from there!!!

How do u mean?
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by Benard5050: 10:41pm On Jul 09, 2021
More advice needed guys
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by AfroKnight: 11:08pm On Jul 09, 2021
Benard5050:
More advice needed guys
Do you stay in her house?
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by Benard5050: 12:48am On Jul 10, 2021
AfroKnight:

Do you stay in her house?

No
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by AfroKnight: 1:43am On Jul 10, 2021
Benard5050:

No

Then no problem. Her behaviour during your last month will let you know how your relationship with will be after leaving.

25k is not enough for you. You have to think of your future. You have served her, and now I t’s time to move on. Try to make your transition as smooth as possible. Don’t burn bridges.

1 Like

Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by Benard5050: 1:48am On Jul 10, 2021
AfroKnight:

Then no problem. Her behaviour during your last month will let you know how your relationship with will be after leaving.

25k is not enough for you. You have to think of your future. You have served her, and now I t’s time to move on. Try to make your transition as smooth as possible. Don’t burn bridges.

Thanks
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by Benard5050: 8:48am On Jul 10, 2021
Good morning
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by EzegeNdiigbo: 8:28pm On Jul 10, 2021
Benard5050:

How do u mean?

What i mean?

What do you think about your present condition cus with that am gonna give my own pieces of advice's ASAP
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by Clinghton: 8:31pm On Jul 10, 2021
If she has your best interest at heart she won't be angry if you leave, after all you're a man who would have a family so you need to up your game.

1 Like

Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by SavageResponse(m): 8:46pm On Jul 10, 2021
Benard5050:

They are on the verge of coming there but have not yet done so.

You need to first do a trial run of the laundry business while still retaining your job, do not resign yet cos you will have bills that will start weighing down the laundry business if you don't have the back up which your job at the school offers.

Ensure that you and the woman part as friends when you finally decide you want to leave especially since you admitted she was nice to you
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by Oviebright: 9:12pm On Jul 10, 2021
Benard5050:

Nigga quiet yourself before I kill you. What nonsense family would and should want the best for you.

1 Like

Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by frozen70(f): 9:31pm On Jul 10, 2021
Benard5050:
Pls friends this story is long but I will try my best to summarize it...

After staying at home for 9months after Nysc without a job, a woman who is a family friend told me to come and teach in her school, this was timely as I was getting depressed due to my joblessness...

I relocated to d town which is a rural area, and but with time I adapted. She's has been doing well to me to d extent of even bringing lunch for me every day.

I've been doing this job for 2 years now but there's no significant progress and my life. I'll be 29yrs in a few days from now but still not ok with d way my life is...

I had a plan to get a loan of 200k from family and friends to open a laundry business in the town I'm teaching as d business is not common there and I wish to use d opportunity to explore this.

My great concern is how will my boss react if I resign and she noticed I'm not going home but staying in her then doing laundry business.

She pays me 20k per month for teaching in her school, she even made me V.Principal and increased my salary by 5k of recent.

Guys pls advised me on what to do that will not hurt anyone...

I need to go into business so I can have proper planning for myself and my future.

The way out is for you to get accommodation then you can as free as a bird

Laundry requires your presence and time as customers will come at their own timing not your timing, Meaning that you have to be on ground
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by AKAyomide(m): 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2021
I sincerely the love the way she was opened up to you earlier to avoid playing eith your emotions not even the finance you would you spend in fake and pretend relationship. I wish I were you, I would had forgotten about the existence of her and put my mind in a good frame of mind...
She had saved you for future sorrow bro!
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by Benard5050: 9:53pm On Jul 10, 2021
AKAyomide:
I sincerely the love the way she was opened up to you earlier to avoid playing eith your emotions not even the finance you would you spend in fake and pretend relationship. I wish I were you, I would had forgotten about the existence of her and put my mind in a good frame of mind...
She had saved you for future sorrow bro!

Is this for this thread or another?

1 Like

Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by FashionCapital(m): 11:14pm On Jul 10, 2021
Benard5050:

Asin ..me self tire ....

I have a friend that run a dry cleaning biz along side teaching .He has employed an helping hand now as the work is too tedious but he still hasn't quite his job. He earns almost the same pay as you ,i guess 24k thereabout ..He bought a washing machine and a pressing iron for a start but now he has a generator and he even furnished his room with both streams of income ..the lesson here is that you should never quit your source for now , no need for loan save and start small when the biz grows employ an helping hand and when it boom no one will tell you to stop and they might just lay you off.

To your question

Make sure you carry the woman along in everything you do. Let her be like a mentor to you but never let her tie you down with employee tactics. Be focus and stand your ground , you can only achieve this when you start small explain to her how you intend to operate both bisiness without letting anyone clash (you must be smart, straight,manly and a little bit charismatic when telling her making it sound like an opinion but not advise ): she might even be your first client who knows. But when you "smell an attitude" kindly withdraw yourself..also plan for negativity make sure you have a financial backup cuz you might end up losing your job but who care when you are focused...
I wish nl add a voice note features ...i hate typing...
Sort and add up other advises .May God continue to pave way for we the legal hustlers, it's not easy out there.....shalom
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by Benard5050: 3:32am On Jul 11, 2021
FashionCapital:

Asin ..me self tire ....

I have a friend that run a dry cleaning biz along side teaching .He has employed an helping hand now as the work is too tedious but he still hasn't quite his job. He earns almost the same pay as you ,i guess 24k thereabout ..He bought a washing machine and a pressing iron for a start but now he has a generator and he even furnished his room with both streams of income ..the lesson here is that you should never quit your source for now , no need for loan save and start small when the biz grows employ an helping hand and when it boom no one will tell you to stop and they might just lay you off.

To your question

Make sure you carry the woman along in everything you do. Let her be like a mentor to you but never let her tie you down with employee tactics. Be focus and stand your ground , you can only achieve this when you start small explain to her how you intend to operate both bisiness without letting anyone clash (you must be smart, straight,manly and a little bit charismatic when telling her making it sound like an opinion but not advise ): she might even be your first client who knows. But when you "smell an attitude" kindly withdraw yourself..also plan for negativity make sure you have a financial backup cuz you might end up losing your job but who care when you are focused...
I wish nl add a voice note features ...i hate typing...
Sort and add up other advises .May God continue to pave way for we the legal hustlers, it's not easy out there.....shalom

Thanks so much for this

1 Like

Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by AKAyomide(m): 8:16am On Jul 11, 2021
Benard5050:

It is for the thread on the subject matter. Thanks!
Re: Matured Advice Urgently Needed by AKAyomide(m): 8:18am On Jul 11, 2021
AKAyomide:

It is for the thread on the subject matter. Thanks!
I actually made a mistake it was for another thread. I am so sorry for the wrong input.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Learn Kung-fu In Warri Delta State. / Men!!! How Are You Doing This? / Too Many Baby Mamas In Nigeria. Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.