Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu (24101 Views)

Samuel Ohiri: Police Played No Role In My Release, I Paid Ransom - Imo Monarch / Umahi: Fani-Kayode Is A Liar, He Played No Role In My Defection To APC / CJN has no role in the selection of Election petition Tribunals - Femi Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Commentor: 7:57am On Jul 13, 2021
durangokid:
This one Na correct syndicated Report from lai Muhammed, i remember how I used to circulate most of his syndicated stories then, my Oga will give me those envelopes, with my own transport money, piam the first place ijesha, for champions newspapers next apapa for vanguard next Na Liverpool for Thisday those of them from Ikeja will come to off at iyana isolo for their envelopes, this thing I am saying is for high class editors not just anyhow editor that is why once I see any messed story I know not to talk of now I am a high class professional
Is Nigeria bad?
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by seguno2: 7:58am On Jul 13, 2021
SUGARCyprian247:

I would have Considered you point that UK is not to be trusted, had it been is 2014 down. UK seems to be losing FG of today to China. UK might make a dramatic move to side the South in the near future.

You have raised an interesting point.

Are southerners working hard for this to happen?
Do southerners have greater lobbying capacity with the UK compared to the northerners
No work no gain na so life be.

1 Like

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Commentor: 8:01am On Jul 13, 2021
Chris525:

They don’t know that even the UK is embarrassed by this human and the events and are wishing it goes away fast. They provided a passport to and aided a fugitive. Thats a big int’l row if we were a serious country. Could never pull that shit with Russia or China.

If it were China or Russia he would have gotten the Novichok treatment.
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by wattsunenergy: 8:03am On Jul 13, 2021
SARSCoV2:

Sigh....

ICC?

What did ICC do when Kashoogi was murdered? Or what did they do when Alexie Nalvany was poisoned and later arrested?

Hello, Nigeria is a sovereign state and ICC and British parliament are just toothless in affairs. So they ICC or British parliament will order Kanu`s release after been sentence by the Supreme Court of Nigeria? Please wake up to reality.

Even the British are not to b trusted as I personally see all as cosmetic. They have bigger stakes in one Nigeria and will trade Kanu who is just a naturalized citizen under the bus.

Same threat you made about dragging Buhari to ICC, till date, nothing!

ICC has bigger cases and investigations to do than Kanu, who is a nobody in affairs. What diplomatic power or affiliation does he have. He is a sacrificial lamb!

This has been my sentiment exactly.
For God's sake Nigeria is a sovereign state that also have diplomatic ties.
We all have to calm down and wait for the trial to commence. We hope he gets a fair trial( very unlikely though) since there are many concerns on the case.

I just wish that Kanu's Lawyer will leave propaganda and go prepare for the case of his Life... He must outdo himself on this one, if not hmmmnnn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Commentor: 8:06am On Jul 13, 2021
IgboWarlord:
I wont be suprised if Buhari arranged for his kidnapping in Kenya without the consent of Kenyan government.Afterall,he tried kidnapping Umaru Dikko from London and almost suceeded if not for a slight diplomatic mishap in Stansted airport..The man is versed in the art of kidnapping..

So the story of Kanu putting a knee to the solar plexus of the first guy, before the back kick to the next, and subsequently raising an alarm is a lie?
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by IgboWarlord(m): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2021
Commentor:

So the story of Kanu putting a knee to the solar plexus of the first guy, before the back kick to the next, and subsequently raising an alarm is a lie?

It is exactly what you called it,a STORY..An unsubstantiated one at that.
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Chiboy484(m): 8:10am On Jul 13, 2021
FREE MNK

1 Like

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Commentor: 8:11am On Jul 13, 2021
IgboWarlord:

It is exactly what you called it,a STORY..An unsubstantiated one at that.

Not James Bomd after all.
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Commentor: 8:12am On Jul 13, 2021
Chiboy484:
FREE MNK
No.

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by seguno2: 8:12am On Jul 13, 2021
SARSCoV2:

Sigh....

ICC?

What did ICC do when Kashoogi was murdered? Or what did they do when Alexie Nalvany was poisoned and later arrested?

Hello, Nigeria is a sovereign state and ICC and British parliament are just toothless in affairs. So they ICC or British parliament will order Kanu`s release after been sentence by the Supreme Court of Nigeria? Please wake up to reality.

Even the British are not to b trusted as I personally see all as cosmetic. They have bigger stakes in one Nigeria and will trade Kanu who is just a naturalized citizen under the bus.

ICC has bigger cases and investigations to do than Kanu, who is a nobody in affairs. What diplomatic power or affiliation does he have. He is a sacrificial lamb!

Excellent analysis that can only change if Igbos/Yorubas and southerners work on the British to see things differently
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by nlesor: 8:13am On Jul 13, 2021
The commission upon investigation is unable to establish a case of human rights violation of Nnamdi Kanu in Kenya by the special Police Forces
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Gireiboy(m): 8:15am On Jul 13, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

Thank you for admitting that there will be no fair trial!

Buhari is known for trampling on human rights

Na like this Hitler take start!

This might be Buhari's last mistake before judgement

Go and write it somewhere!
Had Buhari decided to kill him nko! would you guys have known?
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by SammyChi1988: 8:16am On Jul 13, 2021
Nigeria may likely go into another civil war if anything should happen to Nnamdi Kanu.. The best thing for Nigeria government to do is to give Nnamdi Kanu Biafra in peace...
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Gireiboy(m): 8:18am On Jul 13, 2021
chrisxxx:

If the lead judge will not be biased Kanu will come out unscathed. So far as no South West or Southern lawyer will be among the prosecuting team Kanu will meander his way to freedom. Let presidency as usual appoint the prosecuting counsel in same manner they have done with other appointments. Let it be pro-North and see if Kanu defense counsel will not tear FG to shred.
I keep wondering why Kanu was not killed in Kenya or Nigeria. Most likely he was arrested by Southern agents or some close persons to him were those who gave him out and are privy of his whereabouts.
Hey! anything to make yourself feel better men!
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by SammyChi1988: 8:20am On Jul 13, 2021
The earlier Nigeria government allow Biafra to go the better for them... Nothing is working out so allow Biafra to go... Father Mbaka has rejected FG slot and asked them to release MNK that's to tell you that every Igbo man and woman are fully in support of Biafra...
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by aspabay(m): 8:20am On Jul 13, 2021
Survivingnaija:
He was abducted by Nigerian government and its agents in Kenya. This is the truth, there was no Interpol involved or any collaboration with any government. Buhari and his people are good kidnappers, that’s what they are doing in the north.

So you know more than the IHRC. Interesting, present your facts or keep quiet.
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by zikter(m): 8:20am On Jul 13, 2021
jlinkd78:
Isn't this a confirmation of what we have all known all along that d Fulani with collaboration of corrupt and compromised Kenya security officials possibly without d consent of d Kenyan govt executed extraordinary rendition against a British citizen. Buhari and his minions have shot themselves on their feet and have really brought the country to international ridicule. They linked UK, Interpol and Kenya govt as collaborators to their charade, it turned out all lies. They claimed he was brought in with Nigerian passport but Guardian UK had already confirmed Kanu travelled with a British passport which at d moment is still in Kenya. For MNK to be brought into Nigeria without a passport means they evaded immigration clearance and was done illegally reason why he wasn't detained in any govt holding centre during d 8 days of hostage. Now think on this: If Buhari agents can go to another country and committed such crime which they would have even killed Kanu without trace then it means flooding the East with UGM to carry out criminal activities to demarket IPOB and ESN is very likely.
In as much as we are picking holes in this issue, we may also do well to be objective and not peddle falsehood, the same thing we are accusing the government of doing.

At no point in Malami's press conference did he said interpol, Kenya or UK was involved. All these you mentioned emanated from the media as no details were provided, there was a void for rumors and conjectures to fill in as usual in such circumstances.

See the extract below;

punchng.com © 1971-2020 The Punch newspaper

PunchNG
Nnamdi Kanu arrested, says Malami
Lesi Nwisagbo with agency report
29 June 2021
Kindly share this story:

Nnamdi Kanu arrested, to be tried in Nigeria
Nnamdi Kanu in handcuffs

The Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), on Tuesday, said the leader of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, has been arrested.

Malami stated this at a press briefing at the Ministry of Justice in Abuja.

He said, “The self-acclaimed leader of the proscribed secessionist Indigenous People of Biafra, Kanu, has been intercepted through the collaborative efforts of Nigerian Intelligence and Security Services.

“He has been brought back to Nigeria, in order to continue facing trial after disappearing, while on bail regarding 11 charges against him.

“Recent steps taken by the Federal Government saw to the interception of the fugitive Kanu on Sunday the June 27.

1 Like

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by aspabay(m): 8:21am On Jul 13, 2021
Racoon:
Confirming that the Buhari government truly Abduct Nnamdi Kanu from Kenya soil while claiming interpol collabo? So who is telling the truth here? There is more to this issue than met the eyes.

Did you read the report at all or you want to be sensational as usual?
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by authority2006(m): 8:23am On Jul 13, 2021
NigeriaNawa:

They have initially concluded that the Government of Kenya was not involved in the kidnap of MNK, which is likely to create serious diplomatic issues in the coming days and weeks.

But the main judgement to look out for is the International criminal court and the British Parliamentary investigations.

Get some popcorn, it’s going to get very interesting cheesy

On top one NFA lunatic matter? Wake up, it's daytime already.
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Gireiboy(m): 8:23am On Jul 13, 2021
GreenArrow1:

I'm a realist. I don't make up fairy tales in my head to make me believe that such a trial would be anywhere near a fair one. You have the a man, who jumped bail (a criminal offence), flouted all of his bail conditions, escaped to another country and started a violent uprising in his region leading to numerous murders. He manages to somehow get captured and his fate is to be decided by the very people with whom there only exists profound mutual hatred, and then you somehow expect a fair trial? Fair trail of Kanu by Buhari? For which dimension?
I believe the only reason his capture was announced was only to gloat over the fact. Else, they'd simply have put a bullet in his skull after extracting necessary information and buried him in a drum filled with wet concrete and be done with it the moment they found him.
I live in Nigeria. Not in Utopia.
No amount of screaming from the UN, FIFA or CAF can get to that man in Aso Rock and his cabal. Him kuku get ear problem before so no joy there.
Don't mind the idiot!
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Dpharisee: 8:24am On Jul 13, 2021
mu2sa2:
Men, you just have to give it to Nigeria's intelligence service. Those guys captured Nnamdi Kanu like a rat, not ones but on two different occasions. They could have easily despatched him secretly without trace, but chose to accord him a fair hearing before sending him to God.
May God continue to bless our dear native land of Nigeria and decimate her detractors.

And you can't travel from Abuja to Kaduna by road, bandits are still holding about 500 children hostage without our intelligence service finding them, Boko Haram has appointed a Governor and Chairmen of Local Governments in Borno and we can't find them, Men you just have to give it to Nigeria's intelligence service for focusing on just one individual and overlooking thousands of bandits, terrorists, herdsmen, unknown gunmen etc cheesy
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by authority2006(m): 8:25am On Jul 13, 2021
Racoon:
Confirming that the Buhari government truly Abduct Nnamdi Kanu from Kenya soil while claiming interpol collabo? So who is telling the truth here? There is more to this issue than met the eyes.

He jumped bail, ran out of the country through the backdoor. He was rearrested, brought in the same manner. What am I missing in all this? He was already a fugitive
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by ogwumgbe: 8:28am On Jul 13, 2021
NigeriaNawa:
I hope this is the beginning of the plethora of evidence to prove that the Kenyan presidency and police force were not involved in the abduction of MNK

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/ihrc-receives-25-petitions-in-support-of-nnamdi-kanu/

Years ago I lost my faith. My husband was an alcoholic and had gambling issues. We fought verbally and physically at times. Nothing in my life was going right; I was crying all the time and just could not believe that there was a God. My grandmother kept telling me to pray the rosary daily. I started to, but not every day.

Then one Saturday, I was in the garden moving a rock and crying over the issues in my life. I moved the rock and then the greatest feeling of peace came over me. Nothing changed in my life for years. My husband still drank, we were fighting, my kids were affected, but I was able to deal with this. The peace I felt and the security was the greatest feeling.

My husband has been sober for almost 5 years now. I say my rosary and I know that God is there. He never promised us a great life; he promised he would be there. I truly believe that reciting the rosary daily has given me the peace that I so longed for. My life is not perfect, I have financial issues and others but I am at peace, I can make it through with God’s help.

If you recite the rosary you cannot help but be impacted in a great way. I find ways to tell people and many of my friends have now started this devotion, maybe not daily, but it is a start.

1 Like

Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Gireiboy(m): 8:28am On Jul 13, 2021
owobokiri:

Nigeria is an independent gini? Independent country whose international waters are being guarded by some western forces as we speak? Whose president runs to the west for everything from loans , political legitimacy to personal health care? Independent country that depends almost entirely on western weapons to fight off all sorts of insurgency? Independent country with proxy spies for foreign countries as presidents? Independent country that exports only one commodity? Just a ban and you won't feed the next month! Which cave did you wriggle out from? Do you even know how vulnerable your Nigeria is with her pilling debt and ineffective defence structures? Honestly, the "earlier you wake up to reality", the better for you.
All these things that you mentioned is going to be used to force Nigeria to do their bidding because NMK, how daft can you be?
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by cyrilamx(m): 8:29am On Jul 13, 2021
Blackdisciple:
The truth of the matter is that Government can't go into a foreign soil to make an arrest without the notification of the government of the said country....

So Kenya is lying and trying to exempt herself from the Matter.
But the US could encroach on Pakistan territory to kill Bin Laden without informing the Pakistani Authority and we all applauded the indefatigability of US forces because it is US but turn blind eye to their violation of a another country sovereignty? ���
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Smartjobs4you(m): 8:32am On Jul 13, 2021
If the Kenyan government and police played no role in his arrest, so how come the Nigerian government picked him up in Kenya
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by cyrilamx(m): 8:38am On Jul 13, 2021
IgboWarlord:
I wont be suprised if Buhari arranged for his kidnapping in Kenya without the consent of Kenyan government.Afterall,he tried kidnapping Umaru Dikko from London and almost suceeded if not for a slight diplomatic mishap in Stansted airport..The man is versed in the art of kidnapping..
Is he now Buhari or still Jubril et Sudan as MNK made alot of Igbos believed and ran with this propaganda for years? I thought you all claimed Buhari is a dullard, when did he become verse in sth like "kidnapping" that requires alot of intelligence and espionage esp in another country? The propaganda alone MNK ran about Buhari being cloned which even obj has refuted us enough to send him to the gallows.
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Akolawole(m): 8:42am On Jul 13, 2021
SARSCoV2:

Sigh....

ICC?

You cannot really blame people who are naive on how these things work.

Some people were even celebrating when they heared UK Parliament will debate Kanu's arrest. Westminster will only give them a committee room to discuss.
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Akolawole(m): 8:45am On Jul 13, 2021
The clueless one just made a statement that "he will NOW treat them the language they understand"

Now, we can see that he is General Mohammedu Buhari.
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by Gireiboy(m): 8:45am On Jul 13, 2021
ogelekpomgam:

Calling nnamdi kanu a terrorist is baseless, childish and stupid.If IPOB is a terrorist group, how come they wear their t shirts and fly their flags even in US?... please don't be dumb. undecided
A terrorist is a person or an individual who uses violence to achieve a political goal. Every sincere person will admit NMK fit these definition.
Re: IHRC Says Kenya Played No Role In The Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu by cyrilamx(m): 8:47am On Jul 13, 2021
seguno2:

Was that not how he tried to kidnap Umaru Dikko in London when he was military dictator, but failed
plz tell the world why Umaru Dikko, a northerner and minister of transport under Shagari's govt was kidnapped albeit foiled? I don't know if a man rape ur wife but flee and u hv the means to track him down, whether jungle justice or not, if u will hesitate to execute it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obidients Hold Peter Obi Rally In Abiriba, Abia State On Monday (Video) / Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic / Armsgate: All Those Found Guilty Will To Go Jail – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.