Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others (62438 Views)

Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages / Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others / NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Waakanda: 11:35am On Jul 15, 2021
Great news
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Penguin2: 11:35am On Jul 15, 2021
aylive02:
Nonsense!
Something way no go take effect
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by abah001: 11:36am On Jul 15, 2021
That is how it been done in south Africa, Pay as u go. How many times do u have stable power Supply in this country

obiekunie01:
DSTV is not a government agency it is a private owned business federal government has no right to dictate the price of their services!

Will government also subside their operational cost??

IF YOU CANT AFFORD DSTV THEN GO FOR OTHER CHEAPER ONES! PERIOD.

12 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by rayvelez(m): 11:36am On Jul 15, 2021
So who is going to enforce this new policy is it the clueless FG,oga lie or them Presidency.

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by NewFolm4(m): 11:36am On Jul 15, 2021
[s]
obiekunie01:
DSTV is not a government agency it is a private owned business federal government has no right to dictate the price of their services!

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by butpro(m): 11:36am On Jul 15, 2021
This is going to be a long legal battle between the government and the multi choice company.....
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Bigfish121(m): 11:36am On Jul 15, 2021
Omo to sub my dstv these days Is just somehow.12400 for compact plus and before you say jack the month has ended.

11 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by splendorian(m): 11:36am On Jul 15, 2021
very nice
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by gulfer: 11:37am On Jul 15, 2021
Rubbish, it will not work....what we need is enabling environment for competition to come in and rival DSTV; I cannot recall any legislation on phone network tariffs, competition forced it down

4 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Olamideayomide(m): 11:37am On Jul 15, 2021
Good moves by our Reps.
Thumb up for this
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by mashad(m): 11:37am On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

Asswipe like you....if no regulations in all we do, everybody will keep doing anyhow.

9 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Seniorwriter(m): 11:37am On Jul 15, 2021
Clueless lots....

Regulating a non essential to their own benefits....
sylve11:

I think he's right to a very large extent. cool
ivolt:

Thank you!
The hypocrites hailing this decision will resist any attempt to set prices for their own business.
Exactly...many young persons here won't see the bigger picture.
They should make sure they regulate Dangote's crude oil by products once it kicks off next year then....clueless people.
Well @least they'll allow some citizens pay less....majority of the masses can't feed themselves to 3 healthy square meals and you are creating a regulatory for paid TV ....
Na who get excess dey watch paid TV.
Nowadays Netflix and other Online viewership services has made me forget about DSTV.
Geenosko:
This is what happens when you elect idiots
Someone7:
Why/how are the reps "approving" prices for a privately owned company?
Geenosko:

Forcing prices is a big error
For starters, these guys pay for content in USD, we all know the exchange rates.

Does Nigeria have 247 power supply?

C'mon
COMPAQ:

First of all the real masses do not watch DSTV. Anyone who pays even N5000 bouquet of DSTV a month cannot be called masses.

If NASS cannot regulate price of foodstuffs in the market that are killing Nigerians and putting them into poverty, or regulate the insecurity in the land, then why regulate DSTV of all things.
COMPAQ:

Why would the comply with a senseless directive? How can NASS 'approve' tarrif reduction for a private company? Does that make any sense? Does NASS 'approve' how much money you give to your wife? or how many times you eat a day? or the price of garri and yam in the market?
We need young visionary leadership abeg.

@Seniorwriter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Ournolly: 11:37am On Jul 15, 2021
Wow, best news in 2021! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by 77up(m): 11:37am On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

We are our own problem.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Awesome007(m): 11:37am On Jul 15, 2021
Welcome development, this people have milk Nigerians to the fullest
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Sirchef: 11:37am On Jul 15, 2021
Will it ever be implemented?
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by kissdreyalltime: 11:38am On Jul 15, 2021
For how many times ?lie lie Reps
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by UltimateSpice: 11:38am On Jul 15, 2021
Good move.
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Ournolly: 11:38am On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

That's not true, NCC can regulate any telecom network, they do have such power.

6 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by SavageMaster: 11:38am On Jul 15, 2021
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

shut up!!..the measures prevent unnecessary exploitation of zombies like you

4 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by obynocute(m): 11:38am On Jul 15, 2021
I HATE TO SAY THIS, BUT YOU ARE RIGHT, BUT MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WON'T UNDERSTAND THIS.
obiekunie01:

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Antoeni(m): 11:38am On Jul 15, 2021
Our
National Assembly don wake up
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by bellosulaiman(m): 11:38am On Jul 15, 2021
DSTV operations can be regulated by the government and as part of its measures in doing that, the government is approving Pay-as-you-go and price reductions. I am a customer and I know how much I subscribe every month and I have been doing that for quite a number of years.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Tremple8v: 11:38am On Jul 15, 2021
You dey among people wey sell this country.

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by vikgreen01(m): 11:39am On Jul 15, 2021
Them never reduce am I just viewed my app
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by 77up(m): 11:39am On Jul 15, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

What do you say about DSTV prices in SA? In my opinion, I think prices of goods and services are suppose to be reflective of the current economic situations.
I think the idiot is a South African.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by 77up(m): 11:39am On Jul 15, 2021
SouthSouth1914:

What do you say about DSTV prices in SA? In my opinion, I think prices of goods and services are suppose to be reflective of the current economic situations.
I think the idi**t is a South African.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by KarlWhyte(m): 11:39am On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

To slap u dey hungry me

6 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by MrHighSea: 11:39am On Jul 15, 2021
Lack of Enforcement will cripple it.
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by PHIPEX(m): 11:40am On Jul 15, 2021
I've seen this kind of news more than twice in the past, how is this different?

5 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Rolly22(m): 11:41am On Jul 15, 2021
benqo01:

You should atleast have sense no matter how small it is

Lmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Download Full Movie: A Trip To Jamaica | By Ay, Funke… / Ilebaye Wins Big Brother Naija All Stars 2023 / "Thin Tall Tony Looks Like Diego Costa" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.