Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others (62426 Views)

Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages / Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others / NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Obason22(m): 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2021
This is what we are suppose to be hearing.
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by galaxy2020(m): 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2021
It's about time we stopped foreign companies from exploiting innocent Nigerians
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by GuntersChain(m): 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
Who have time for DStv when I can watch free to air satellites anytime, the only good thing about DStv is sports.. It's a good development
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Jodasy: 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
Islie:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/reps-approve-pay-as-you-go-price-reduction-for-dstv-others/
.we have been hearing all these. The problem has been poor implementation . I heard metro digital is on air and we're showing matches
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by SparklingWindow(f): 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
Bb9ja will be easier to watch
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Nostring: 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

You are not a real niggarr
The funny thing be say if them even check your account balance now....one naira you nor get
grin I swear..u no lie
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Person2person(m): 12:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hmm
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by worlexzy(m): 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
wereh
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Babaibeji2020(m): 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
PENNYSWAP:
thank you Jesus
You involve Jesus in this trash?
You get mind ohhhh
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Saig: 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:
DSTV is not a government agency it is a private owned business federal government has no right to dictate the price of their services!

Will government also subside their operational cost??

IF YOU CANT AFFORD DSTV THEN GO FOR OTHER CHEAPER ONES! PERIOD.

People like you are confused individuals and example of everything that is wrong with this country. Your are making this comment probably because you are better off than many compatriots. You are not patriotic
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by mexite: 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
You are right but why is it that DSTV doesn't want to provide pay-per-view service as it is done in other climes?

obiekunie01:
DSTV is not a government agency it is a private owned business federal government has no right to dictate the price of their services!

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by MICHEALADEX(m): 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

Who bi dis wan
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by ozo13(m): 12:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

The funny thing be say if them even check your account balance now....one naira you nor get
lol
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by ejimatic: 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2021
Islie:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/07/reps-approve-pay-as-you-go-price-reduction-for-dstv-others/
. I know they will delay in approving what masses will benefit from.
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by lizdammy: 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

grin
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by COMPAQ(m): 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
mexite:
You are right but why is it that DSTV doesn't want to provide pay-per-view service as it is done in other climes?

Which other climes?? Nigerians can assume based on gist sha? Na why dem dey mumu us globally.

internet makes it easy, yet we will still never search and verify anything by ourselves.

Give us link to the multichoice website of that country where its PAYG

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Richie0001: 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
But they must obey the regulating laws of every country they are operating
obiekunie01:

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by lizdammy: 12:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
Saig:

People like you are confused individuals and example of everything that is wrong with this country. Your are making this comment probably because you are better off than many compatriots. You are not patriotic
Kuda HOT!
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by zombieHUNTER: 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

edit: too many mentions.

PLEASE STOP MENTIONING ME AM NOT THE CAUSE OF YOUR POVERTY!

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH DSTV PAYS TO PARTNER CHANNELS? OR YOU THINK THEY ARE GETTING THOSE CHANNELS FOR FREE?

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THEY BRIBE YOUR SENATORS AND GOVERNMENT AGENCIES PER YEAR?

AM A BUSINESSMAN - ONLY A BUSINESS MAN WILL UNDERSTAND THE DIFFICULTIES, BOTTLENECKS AND VERY HIGH COST OF OPERATING A BUSINESS IN NIGERIA!

Please go mind the cause of your poverty and stop mentioning me - if you cant afford DSTV there is still Startime, TSTV, Strong and loads of other free-to-air channels for you to watch! cheesy

And they said Nigeria Will get better with your lots parading as citizens...

Please don't mind the moniker

This dude is Lost in translation
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by ntyce(m): 12:18pm On Jul 15, 2021
ogbiwa:

Bros I see many people bashing you here and I don't blame them. You gave them no option with this your comment. How can you say government can't regulate a company because it's private? Do you know how many government licences and approvals DStv had to obtain to operate in Nigeria? So what will you say about mtn, glo and co that are also privately owned but being heavily regulated by NCC?
Secondly, your comment also shows gross insensitivity. The national assembly has for once passed a bill that will help alleviate sufferings of the masses and you're here criticising it with ill informed analysis?

Let me come to defend him.

Dstv isn't the only cable TV platform.

There are several others to choose from.

Benz is sold for 50m, Kia is 6m, will the govt enforce Benz to reduce their price?

Dstv spends billions in acquiring TV deals of the best leagues in the world.
They pay for these rights in USD and GBP, with the ever increasing exchange rate, I was even expecting a price increase from them.

Would you have them drop the quality service they render and operate like other platforms.

What the govt can do is to allows competition challenge DStv.

4 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by prepresh(f): 12:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
This is good news, I will use my 3500 for one whole year, I watch TV for approximately one hour daily.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by sunshineV(f): 12:21pm On Jul 15, 2021
McOluOmo:
Good
the outcome of the picture pls
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Judolisco(m): 12:24pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH DSTV PAYS TO PARTNER CHANNELS? OR YOU THINK THEY ARE GETTING THOSE CHANNELS FOR FREE?

AM A BUSINESSMAN - ONLY A BUSINESS MAN WILL UNDERSTAND THE DIFFICULTIES, BOTTLENECKS AND VERY HIGH COST OF OPERATING A BUSINESS IN NIGERIA!

Please go mind the cause of your poverty and stop mentioning me - if you cant afford DSTV there is still Startime, TSTV, Strong and loads of other free-to-air channels for you to watch! cheesy
they are not government own but they are operating in Nigeria... No b everything u go dey chuk mouth
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Ratedgang: 12:24pm On Jul 15, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Slawomirr has finished this guy oooooo
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by stormborn28(m): 12:26pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

In 2001 before Glo, MTN calls were Charged per minute. So even if you make 3 secs, you were charged for a minute. Government policies and fierce competition from Glo changed that.

Anyway, you probably weren’t even born then so I forgive your senseless level of reasoning.

Though I know you reason through your ANUS....the shiit represent the grey matter....nonsense everywhere

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by michaelbills(m): 12:27pm On Jul 15, 2021
Rest!

obiekunie01:

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by becky39000(m): 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

All this epistle & foaming in the mouth over a company that doesn't belong to your father?

If the government policy is disturbing U too much then go and stage a protest nahw instead of forming spitting cobra here!!!

Nonsense & Iranrun angry

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Jonegonu: 12:28pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

what do you understand about international business. Pls if you font no what to say you can as well keep your data. What you are trying to say is that dangote can wake up one morning and increase the price of cement and Nigeria government will not ask the reason for the increment.

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by SouthSouth1914: 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2021
phemmyfour:
And what's the economic situation of the country? You can't be buying a bunch of plantain N1000 and expect the price of DStv to come down

First I said in my opinion! Secondly, entertainment and food prices cannot be compared! Conclusively, inflation will drive them to reduce their price anyway!

2 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by dmbb: 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

We have a lot of South African slaves in this forum
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Parisfran(f): 12:29pm On Jul 15, 2021
COMPAQ:

Which other climes?? Nigerians can assume based on gist sha? Na why dem dey mumu us globally.

internet makes it easy, yet we will still never search and verify anything by ourselves.

Give us link to the multichoice website of that country where its PAYG

Why are you bothering yourself? Even the countries that tried PPV had to change it because it was too expensive. Like someone said House of Rep should also fix price cap on Sallah ram and price of brand new car.
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by proxillin(m): 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2021
They will increase their tariff for per second viewing. They will ensure the billing payload ends up being the same with the old.

Na mathematics.

IF YOU LIKE off your TV for 2 weeks, once you ON the decoder, they will use straw sip your stored credit...no be DSTV?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Download Full Movie: A Trip To Jamaica | By Ay, Funke… / Ilebaye Wins Big Brother Naija All Stars 2023 / "Thin Tall Tony Looks Like Diego Costa" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.