Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,546 members, 7,823,396 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others (62464 Views)

Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages / Reps’ Bill Empowers NBC To Decide Tariffs For DSTV, Others / NBC Directs Gotv, DSTV, Others To Allow Local Stations Run Without Subscription (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Kingrefreshed: 2:58pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:
DSTV is not a government agency it is a private owned business federal government has no right to dictate the price of their services!

Will government also subside their operational cost??

IF YOU CANT AFFORD DSTV THEN GO FOR OTHER CHEAPER ONES! PERIOD.

edit: too many mentions.

PLEASE STOP MENTIONING ME AM NOT THE CAUSE OF YOUR POVERTY!

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH DSTV PAYS TO PARTNER CHANNELS? OR YOU THINK THEY ARE GETTING THOSE CHANNELS FOR FREE?

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THEY BRIBE YOUR SENATORS AND GOVERNMENT AGENCIES PER YEAR?

AM A BUSINESSMAN - ONLY A BUSINESS MAN WILL UNDERSTAND THE DIFFICULTIES, BOTTLENECKS AND VERY HIGH COST OF OPERATING A BUSINESS IN NIGERIA!

Please go mind the cause of your poverty and stop mentioning me - if you cant afford DSTV there is still Startime, TSTV, Strong and loads of other free-to-air channels for you to watch! cheesy

Traffic dey inside your brain. Your brain network dey Jam!

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Kaytixy: 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:
DSTV is not a government agency it is a private owned business federal government has no right to dictate the price of their services!

DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH DSTV PAYS TO PARTNER CHANNELS? OR YOU THINK THEY ARE GETTING THOSE CHANNELS FOR FREE?

AM A BUSINESSMAN - ONLY A BUSINESS MAN WILL UNDERSTAND THE DIFFICULTIES, BOTTLENECKS AND VERY HIGH COST OF OPERATING A BUSINESS IN NIGERIA!

Please go mind the cause of your poverty and stop mentioning me - if you cant afford DSTV there is still Startime, TSTV, Strong and loads of other free-to-air channels for you to watch! cheesy
your post shows that you are suffering from poverty and also lack a sense of comprehension. Mumu

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by pegix(m): 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

You are not a real niggarr
The funny thing be say if them even check your account balance now....one naira you nor get
My niggeeee
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by harmony75: 3:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
For real? That's long over due �❤
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by BARITUAKA: 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

Mr. Rich man, understand the topic first before you react.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Ayoemrys(m): 3:58pm On Jul 15, 2021
CoolAmbience:

My wife and I discussed this same topic last week.

Cable TV charges should be based on pay-as-you-go.

Imagine, the gas in your cylinder disappearing into thin air because you didn't use it up within a stipulated period.

Which scam reach this one?

In my house, everyone is out for at least 11 hours every day, except on Sundays.

I can now see another people oriented move by the NASS.

I go like know the person wey sponsor this bill.

lol

Everything in Nigeria is a scam
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Abdoolbuster: 3:59pm On Jul 15, 2021
AuroraB:
You well so shocked
Or deh undecided

He's definitely sick to the head

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by BlueBlackPackag(m): 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

See this one, proudly talking about bribing senators... staring at him with disgust!

If u can't follow the rules of the Nigerian State then get out. You need the money more than we need your services obviously!

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Ayoemrys(m): 4:03pm On Jul 15, 2021
lexy2014:

D NBC is more concerned about regulating d media all in d name of fighting fake news. They have no idea what consumer protection is
the bitter truth is that most of them don't know their responsibility ,

Abi how do you expect the person that read accounting in school to perform well as the minister of works
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Ayoemrys(m): 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2021
kenddys:

3600 boss
thank you
3600 monthly, can u imagine
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ayoemrys:
thank you
3600 monthly, can u imagine

The matter sef
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by systematica(m): 4:28pm On Jul 15, 2021
Dstv did not force anybody to use them. It is you that is tying yourself to them. Leave them alone. Why have they not ask dangote to reduce price of cement?
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

IF YOU CANT AFFORD DSTV THEN GO FOR OTHER CHEAPER ONES! PERIOD.I am not trying to disagree with you brother, I use DSTV too. But did you know that DSTV in south Africa, Ghana etc use 'pay as you use'? At least, so I heard from my husband. May I know if it's wrong to introduce such in Nigeria that is if truly some other nations use 'pay as you go?

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by dreu2fine(m): 4:38pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

Who are u?
If dey cnt cope with d price let go

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by MadeMan01(m): 4:40pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

DSTV is a monopoly in the real sense. Their prices aRe exploitative. This development will compel them to change or competition will steal their market share
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Unemadu: 4:41pm On Jul 15, 2021
Government has no right whatsoever to regulate pricing for private businesses.
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Govocrete: 4:41pm On Jul 15, 2021
Since I switched to TSTV, am glad to patronize a Nigerian owned.

The good things about it is I can suspend my subscription from my phone app if am leaving town and continue from where I stopped when I return.

I can decide to pay #2 daily for my favorite channel.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Fuckyoumod: 5:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

na can you see how you have made a mockery of yourself and your generation on nairaland?
You thought you were making sense but you ended up been foolish.

Think before you talk next time, e get why

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Gfskw: 5:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ok
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Dee60: 5:24pm On Jul 15, 2021
Unemadu:
Government has no right whatsoever to regulate pricing for private businesses.

How do they encourage other entrants? That is what they need to look at. It is somewhat funny when you kill existing businesses (local and foreign) and at the same time you are spending money to go out looking for foreign investors!
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by SouthSouth1914: 5:42pm On Jul 15, 2021
phemmyfour:
You probably didn't do economics in school

Which particular commodity is cheap right now in Nigeria

Probably your father didn’t do economics, not me! Too many frustrated and dumb people here on nairaland!
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by AdaAwka1: 5:56pm On Jul 15, 2021
Ayoemrys:
Good development, dstv Bern cheating Nigerians since 1930

I haven't been viewing my gotv for 2 weeks now and I subscribe 3500 for a month,

That's why you ain't viewing there is no 3500package.
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Okortor: 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2021
Biggest fool on NL. Ozwor
obiekunie01:

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Sholaco: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2021
Hope it will work
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by notoriousbabe: 6:17pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

Dangote pikin wehdone sir

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Ayoemrys(m): 6:48pm On Jul 15, 2021
AdaAwka1:

That's why you ain't viewing there is no 3500package.
lol...u no serious
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by leosahm(m): 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by leosahm(m): 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

idiot
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by lala45: 7:11pm On Jul 15, 2021
House Of Representatives is looking for bigger bribery and lobbying from DSTV,since I knew them they always bring this issue up of "pay as you go",At the end of everything, nothing is achieved from them rather their own selfish interest. They should GETAT.
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by Oluwademilade: 7:18pm On Jul 15, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

You are not a real niggarr
The funny thing be say if them even check your account balance now....one naira you nor get

Don't mind the idiot. He's even asking if we know how much dstv pay our senators as bribe. Of their hands are clean, do they need to bribe anyone? Is it by force to operate in Nigeria?
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by tobatele(m): 7:31pm On Jul 15, 2021
If the story is true, then, it is first time a good news will come from Naija area
Re: Reps Approve Pay-as-you-go, Price Reduction For DSTV, Others by JenniferEkubo(f): 7:56pm On Jul 15, 2021
obiekunie01:

empty skull

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Download Full Movie: A Trip To Jamaica | By Ay, Funke… / Ilebaye Wins Big Brother Naija All Stars 2023 / "Thin Tall Tony Looks Like Diego Costa" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.