Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? (28420 Views)

What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Dating Or Marrying Younger Women / What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jan 25, 2023
You know, so many people have wrong notion and say alot of things about soldiers out ignorance. And another thing: a man meant to die on operation wont escape it and meant to die quietly on his bed wont also escape it. Its about destiny and personal belief.
Lamanii22:
okay I never knew, and the fear of them not coming back when they go for operations….
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Emdebby2: 5:23pm On Jan 25, 2023
Any job that is illegal.
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by achimendy(m): 5:42pm On Jan 25, 2023
spiceadole:

Even if he is the richest man in the world, what does he do?

"Entrepreneur" is not an occupation.

It's like me saying "I'm in the medical line" when I should clearly state..I'm a medical doctor.

It's not always about being wealthy.
Some women are interested in knowing the real source of income /occupation of a man

Exactly....
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by 1Sharon(f): 6:41pm On Jan 25, 2023
spiceadole:

Someone would just say.."I'm a business man"... What does that even mean?

I know right? Thank you!
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by 1Sharon(f): 6:44pm On Jan 25, 2023
achimendy:

If you really understand the dictionary meaning of the word entrepreneurship, you won't say how is selling watches and wig entrepreneurship.

I sense you only regard big and new businesses as entrepreneurial ventures. You need to read and understand your dictionary properly.

To be an entrepreneur is to venture into innovation.

What is innovative about selling wigs and watches?

The correct term they should use for themselves is a sole trader, not entrepreneur.

1 Like

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by 1Sharon(f): 6:48pm On Jan 25, 2023
Babatunjo:

But do you agree with his last point?
A real entrepreneur today can become poor tomorrow.
A "poor" doorman today can become a wealthy man today.

The point is that " current occupation" should be the least attribute to lookout for in a potential partner.

Look deeper at their focus, motivation, psychology, how self driven they are, dreams, goals, passion, maturity.

if a guy introduces himself as an "entrepreneur" or says he's a "business man"

What does that even mean?

Why not get straight to the point if it wasn't all smokes and mirrors
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by FAT17(f): 8:37pm On Jan 25, 2023
Religious head
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by achimendy(m): 9:42pm On Jan 25, 2023
1Sharon:

To be an entrepreneur is to venture into innovation.

What is innovative about selling wigs and watches?

The correct term they should use for themselves is a sole trader, not entrepreneur.

Let me enlighten you, an entrepreneur is one who operates a business venture and assumes much of the associated risk involved, with the sole aim of making profits.

When you talk about innovation, it means a new idea or creativity. However, is not a most that the business-venture will be new before you can consider it as an entrepreneurial venture.

The watches and wig business might be old to you, but the strategy use in selling it might be new and smart for the owner, and that's what matters most.

Strategy is key for every business-venture.

That's just the fact.

1 Like

Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by 1Sharon(f): 10:18pm On Jan 25, 2023
achimendy:

Let me enlighten you, an entrepreneur is one who operates a business venture and assumes much of the associated risk involved, with the sole aim of making profits.

When you talk about innovation, it means a new idea or creativity. However, is not a most that the business-venture will be new before you can consider it as an entrepreneurial venture.

The watches and wig business might be old to you, but the strategy use in selling it might be new and smart for the owner, and that's what matters most.

Strategy is key for every business-venture.

That's just the fact.

Yes it is! Without that factor, the definition doesn't fit.
Where would the world be without their "entrepreneurship"? How has selling wigs changed the world?
As I said before, people that call themselves entrepreneuers aren't truly entrepreneurs in the true sense of the word, they are sole traders.
They need to stop forming familiarity with what they're not.

Steve jobs was an entrepreneur and before you start, I'm not mentioning him because he's rich. The reason why he got rich to begin with is because he was innovative and brought new ideas that added to the world.
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 26, 2023
samcolee:

Lols it happens in other professions
off course. Every profession actually.
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by toujurs: 8:55am On Jan 26, 2023
faito:
Anybody in entertainment industry and police officer..
You are still single, like this . Hmm wahala o!
Re: What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? by achimendy(m): 9:52am On Jan 26, 2023
1Sharon:

Yes it is! Without that factor, the definition doesn't fit.
Where would the world be without their "entrepreneurship"? How has selling wigs changed the world?
As I said before, people that call themselves entrepreneuers aren't truly entrepreneurs in the true sense of the word, they are sole traders.
They need to stop forming familiarity with what they're not.

Steve jobs was an entrepreneur and before you start, I'm not mentioning him because he's rich. The reason why he got rich to begin with is because he was innovative and brought new ideas that added to the world.

Sweetheart I think you're missing the point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Lose Confidence Whenever I'm Complimented About My Looks / My Landlady Seduced Me, But I Saw This In Her Vagina (graphic Content) / Nigerian Man Publicly Humiliates His Girlfriend With A Fake Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.