Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) (137423 Views)

Winners Chapel Sack Pastors For Not Meeting Financial Targets / Pastor Adeboye: I Paid A Surprise Visit To One Of RCCG Branches / Woman Used By 5 Pastors For Miracles Traced, Reveals What Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by LebenNG: 9:00am On Jul 19, 2021
Krismas:
coolAnother trash news! How can a man be employed in August 2020 and in less than a year, he becomes the head pastor of any church in Living faith? Really?? Well he was discharged for POOR CHURCH GROWTH. Nowhere in the discharge letter was POOR OFFERING GENERATED, mentioned as reason.
Oh you expected something like that to be spelt on paper? paper that can be exposed anytime? and you know nobody wants controversy, talk more of a church?,its only the pastors that understand that meaning. Its okay to engage the pastors to know what caused low membership in their church so they can strategise ways to redeem that than outright sacking. I bet the affected churches now have newly posted pastors whose offer letters and instruction to deliver has been duely stamped and signed.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by fnb68: 9:23am On Jul 19, 2021
orisa37:
GOOD. SACK THEM ALL FOR MISAPPROPRIATING CHURCH FUNDS. THEY'RE THIEFS AND LOOTERS OF CHURCH ASSETS.
your brain need to be formatted. gullible follower
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by anthropizzy(m): 9:24am On Jul 19, 2021
AmandaTalks:
A pastor at Winners Chapel has cried out after he was sacked for not generating enough money in his branch.

According to the pastor, mr Peter Godwin, he was invited by the state pastor and getting there he met other pastors about 40 and they were all sacked over low income in their branches.

Watch the video below from 2.44 minutes as a Living Faith Church Pastor reveals how he was sacked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLhcBEjpwxg

Blogger, Maureen Badejo also talks about the sack too. Watch from 40 minutes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_IpH8dndJk

https://punchng.com/winners-chapel-sacked-me-for-failing-to-generate-enough-income-pastor/

Please stop using English to confuse us. You claim that they were sacked because of membership growth, Fine.
Membership growth dictates the revenue that is coming to the church coffers, low membership means low income revenue while high membership means high income revenue to the church. The more the members the more the money coming in
Please they were sacked because of low income revenue. Simple as ABC

I will always say this most pentecostal churches in Nigeria are running like commercial banks.

Lord have mercy on us in this part of the world. We have turned Christianity into a money making venture in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by LebenNG: 9:27am On Jul 19, 2021
kinggSamuel:

stay there make pant dey wear you
hahaha so funny
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by orisa37: 9:52am On Jul 19, 2021
fnb68:

your brain need to be formatted. gullible follower

Ok Thief Pastor, God is my Life and my Goodness.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by TrueNigerian300: 10:28am On Jul 19, 2021
egbetokuns:

Many of this sacked pastors deserved to be sacked.
I witness some report that some pastors posted to rural area’s in some state don’t even open their church for some month. They doctored their attendance and reporting it accordingly until the MIS official visited the church physically and discovered that the church has been locked down for so many month. Infant the whole place was filled with grass.
Many of this pastors just looking for salary not to serve God and winners mandate is winning souls to God kingdom even a member of winners church must come along to church with new souls.imagine pastor posted to a church and unable to increase the attendance of that particular church and you are expecting the leadership to start praising you.
If you can’t go about your father’s business don’t expect rewards from your father. You must be disciplined. Do things of God as yourself. As at this moment. I’m praying at this midnight to God for more souls to our church and the more souls the more everything increases in the house of the lord.

Typical brainwashed nigerian!!! Before your fore fathers started being Christians, Europeans have been Christians for over a thousand years. But to you now you are a better christian than them, right People that brought Christianity to you is this how they practise it? It is just plain business stop deceiving yourself. How are the souls already won faring? Are they acting christlike why not focus on making the souls that have been won already do the right things according to the Bible or it is all about the number of people that say I am a Christian and pay tithe?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by generationz(f): 10:29am On Jul 19, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
[s]Such a lame excuse from an ITK who thinks she knows about what it takes to run a church than one of the first bishops of Church of God Mission, and also those in charge of the church who decided to retrace their steps back to their founding principles after his death.

Do not be surprised that the Truth and Words of the Spirit evokes yawns from you and makes you feel, being someone led of the flesh and the things of this world.

This wasn't meant for the carnally minded, who can't comprehend the things of the Spirit, but those who are born of the Spirit who can.

So next time, please kindly ignore[/s].
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by generationz(f): 10:30am On Jul 19, 2021
focus7:

When did you really know Oyedepo? My discussion with you is over seeing that you are new catch mugu

Don't be slow I attended the church for years. Stop spreading lies.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by generationz(f): 10:31am On Jul 19, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
You mean am? This man don openly talk of personal battle with sickness before? undecided

Yes, he had Tuberculosis up to his early adult years. It left through prayers.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by jaxxy(m): 10:34am On Jul 19, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Salary and pension benefits for full time clergy is not wrong ooooo

Is being a pastor a job or a calling?? undecided

Christianity is being turned into religion fully based on money. U can even put advert out for Pastors wanted and they apply. Give them salary and pension or hire them from bible skol.

What is worse is they all answerable to one man the founder in Pentecostalism and not to the church body like Catholics and others types.

Where did the Bible say pay Pastors salary? undecided did apostles paul or the disciples collect salary? undecided

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by jaxxy(m): 10:40am On Jul 19, 2021
mastermaestro:

Most people will abuse you for this statement of fact. This is the exact reason why Nigeria is dying daily. People want to enjoy salaries, allowances and wages without being productive. How can a nation grow if its people don't add anything to it?

The Living Faith Church I know pays their pastors monthly salary. Does it mean that the said pastor wants to be getting paid for doing nothing? Free salary from headquarters accounts while you gallivant as a branch pastor with no fruits? He is a criminal! He needs to return what has been paid to him so far.

I like the way LFC has applied the law of redundancy. Whatever is not fruitful should be chopped off! People can cry blood for all I care. Sentiments don't achieve goals. And only a leader without set goals will condone unproductive subordinates.

It’s is obvious the church is now a business organization and venture. See talk.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by LebenNG: 10:41am On Jul 19, 2021
chloride6:

A non-profit needs to make profit?

You sabi be meaning of non?

grin grin grin grin grin

Some NGOs hide under non profit, to so what they want.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:51am On Jul 19, 2021
jaxxy:

Is being a pastor a job or a calling?? undecided

Christianity is being turned into religion fully based on money. U can even put advert out for Pastors wanted and they apply. Give them salary and pension or hire them from bible skol.

What is worse is they all answerable to one man the founder in Pentecostalism and not to the church body like Catholics and others types.

Where did the Bible say pay Pastors salary? undecided did apostles paul or the disciples collect salary? undecided

Full time clergy should be paid salaries that will be approved by the diocesan and parish church council.

The clergy are in charge of the spiritual affairs, parish church council is responsible for the finance, budget, funding and administration.

Different groups and societies in the parish have a representative in the Parish Church Council and not a one man show as we have in most Pentecostal churches

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by jaxxy(m): 10:53am On Jul 19, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Full time clergy should be paid salaries that will be approved by the diocesan and parish church council.

The clergy are in charge of the spiritual affairs, parish church council is responsible for the finance, budget, funding and administration.

Different groups and societies in the parish have a representative in the Parish Church Council and not a one man show as we have in most Pentecostal churches

It is man made religion it is not biblical.

Pastors for hire.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by focus7: 11:41am On Jul 19, 2021
generationz:

Don't be slow I attended the church for years. Stop spreading lies.

You attended the church for years how much of him and the family do you know? You can only have a ground to argue with me if you know him as much as I do or more. I don't discuss with crowd members because the more they see the less they know.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Krismas(m): 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2021
LebenNG:

Oh you expected something like that to be spelt on paper? paper that can be exposed anytime? and you know nobody wants controversy, talk more of a church?,its only the pastors that understand that meaning. Its okay to engage the pastors to know what caused low membership in their church so they can strategise ways to redeem that than outright sacking. I bet the affected churches now have newly posted pastors whose offer letters and instruction to deliver has been duely stamped and signed.
coolDid it occur to u, that 40pastors were discharged? And only one came to media to complain. If there was an injustice, the number of complaints wud have been more. U obviously don’t know the level of indiscipline among these pastors. So hold ur peace
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by LebenNG: 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2021
Krismas:
coolDid it occur to u, that 40pastors were discharged? And only one came to media to complain. If there was an injustice, the number of complaints wud have been more. U obviously don’t know the level of indiscipline among these pastors. So hold ur peace
I commend the pastor for taking a bold step to voice out...do you know others that have been unjustly removed do they come out to say anything, to me if he has skeletons in his cupboard wouldn't he have quietly left with any corruption in his coffers and start a new life than risk that opportunity or double his problems by making his fellow pastors dig deeper into what he is hiding? where do they want him to start from? if he was accuse of misappropriation it would have been reflected in his letter and better still valid for this your point, so its you that should your peace.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 3:26pm On Jul 19, 2021
dahdopedaniels:

Before talking or writing a thing, ensure you get your facts right. Kenneth Hagin is dead, so I wonder where your idea of "he will not live a minute less than 120..." is coming from. SMH!
before talking or writing a thing... engage your human language comprehension space in your head...

Or maybe longer like Kenneth Hagin , I think, who believes he will not live a minute less than 120 in his kingdom here on earth. undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 3:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
2dominate:

You can tell me that when the mosque sacks 40 imams, as for now na this matter we dey try settle
So I have to wait for a mosque to fire 40 people before I can know it it is a business or not? undecided

Try to engage your brain on this one abeg. Again....
Same thing with mosques.... they are all "glorified" business ventures built by men to the purpose of power and wealth over other men. It's all about controlling access to God and the things of God, as well as the narrative. undecided

So don't delude yourself for one second thinking this is only a Christian thing.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2021
patani:

You obviously don't read to understand or ure basing ur assertion on emotion... Are you saying organization of christ's body (or a congregation who profess to propagate gospel should be setup for profit? so If I am intrested in a profit venture, church is one of the things I should consider to set up?

What you do not know is that Methodist and Anglican you guys criticize even have pure intention than 80% of Pentecostals today (Including those in America)...I am a member of a Pentecostal but to be honest...if you do not use ur relationship with holy spirit and have a personal time to study the word u will do many things blindly that will mess u up....for instance issue of thithin...the only one getting rich in the equation is the collector...I know many many many thithers strugling and I know a few making it...but wat I realised is that its not a factor....may non tithers too are making it...

Even bishop Oyedepo we are talking about has said many times that he is in business ...I heared him say it not that I was told...not withstanding...everybody to his belive...we will all knmow what is right when we meet our maker...enjoy
Again that part of your brain that aids you in comprehending what is written to you....
The NEW Covenant Law of God, Jesus Christ , in the Kingdom of God is an agreement between God and individuals , not to nations or peoples or even your churches or nonprofit organizations. undecided

So when Jesus Christ said what He did in Matthew 10 vs 8 is instead a direct commandments to you as a person , not to a church or nonprofit group you subscribe to. undecided

Anglican, Methodist etc., are organizations set up by men in order to gather for themselves power and wealth over their fellow men in the name of God. Jesus Christ never asked anyone to build Him churches or kingdoms here on earth, nor did he ask for business in his honor. He didn't ask anyone to set up schools on his name or acquire education in his name undecided

So stop confusing that which is of God with that which is not. undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by patani(m): 4:52pm On Jul 19, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Again that part of your brain that aids you in comprehending what is written to you....

Na you sabi...its baseless arguing with you...since i see you don't reason matter...Keep using emotions na u know
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 5:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
patani:

Na you sabi...its baseless arguing with you...since i see you don't reason matter...Keep using emotions na u know
I am not the emotional one here undecided

Jesus Christ said His Church is built by Him. So, that means your churches which are built and managed by your Pastors and their Mogs are not Jesus Christ's Church. undecided

Your churches are registered and managed as business according to the world and not God's Laws since God never gave laws for such to begin with. undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Matrixlord2021: 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2021
IAM not surprised,it's clear now.whennsix weeks ago a cobra appeared in his office .I knew it was a sign if the devil and the covenant he had entered into manifesting.
People are now tired of the lies and it is glaring that the work of the ministry has been blamed.
Secret here is God never called oyedepo,He called himself into the ministry and he began to read Christian's books by great revivalist late T.L Osborne and Moody.
It is as easy as it is before he did a ritual money.
That church is LovePeddler of Babylon drunken with wine .
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Jacksparrow7(m): 5:13pm On Jul 19, 2021
AmandaTalks:
A pastor at Winners Chapel has cried out after he was sacked for not generating enough money in his branch.

According to the pastor, mr Peter Godwin, he was invited by the state pastor and getting there he met other pastors about 40 and they were all sacked over low income in their branches.

Watch the video below from 2.44 minutes as a Living Faith Church Pastor reveals how he was sacked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLhcBEjpwxg

Blogger, Maureen Badejo also talks about the sack too. Watch from 40 minutes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_IpH8dndJk

https://punchng.com/winners-chapel-sacked-me-for-failing-to-generate-enough-income-pastor/
My hope is in the Lord. Please I want to encourage us to listen to Apostle Joshua selman 2021 preaching on doctrine. Koinonia 2021 sermons
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by patani(m): 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
I am not the emotional one here undecided

Jesus Christ said His Church is built by Him. So, that means your churches which are built and managed by your Pastors and their Mogs are not Jesus Christ's Church. undecided

Your churches are registered and managed as business according to the world and not God's Laws since God never gave laws for such to begin with. undecided

God never gave law for such?

Are you a Muslim or you just don't read bible?

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

We are all here condeming the act of church as a business enterprises and you seems not to even understand my post of even desern the context of my point...

Oga abeg leave me....to everyone his belive...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2021
patani:

God never gave law for such?

Are you a Muslim or you just don't read bible?

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

We are all here condeming the act of church as a business enterprises and you seems not to even understand my post of even desern the context of my point...

Oga abeg leave me....to everyone his belive...
Stop with the emotional rambling! Get straight to providing an answer. If you claim God did in fact command your churches, then show us where He did that. undecided

Calling your churches business enterprises is simply stating an over 1700 years old fact. If you are able to show it is not, go ahead but stop wasting my time and yours with the drawn out ridiculousness. undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by patani(m): 6:35pm On Jul 19, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Stop with the emotional rambling! Get straight to providing an answer. If you claim God did in fact command your churches, then show us where He did that. undecided

Calling your churches business enterprises is simply stating an over 1700 years old fact. If you are able to show it is not, go ahead but stop wasting my time and yours with the drawn out ridiculousness. undecided

I think i get you now....Can we please stop mentioning each other ogbeni?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by TiglathPILESER: 8:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Wetin concern me with morals? undecided

You have lost it. From henceforth I cease to caution you about any topical issue on Christianity. Ofcourse nothing bothers you about morals. Do you know the man called Aleister Crowley....look him up...his motto was 'do as thou wilt' - in other words ' morals can go to hell'. I knew I would come to know what you truly stand for. Christianity is fatherhood and nuturer of morals...everything morals stand for except self-righteousness.

If everything about our present day doctrine of Christianty is wrong as you wildly claim on many occasions, how about evangelism - The great commission what stops you from engaging in it. Again, what on Earth stops you from leading your pack of believers and let's see how God will back you with his power?

Ofcourse you won't, or if you were, nairaland would know. Instead you leave the few lovers of the gospel in disarray....contempt and uneasyness with your deep rooted abraviseness! Blocking others from joining the flocks!

You keep using the name Jesus but have never for once applied the doctrine of the great commission to your portfolio of arm chair criticism against the kingdom work of others.

Enforcing your ill-conceived perceptions of your twisted mind forbidding the truth as it comes then binding it with a false misinterpretion of the scriptures. The scriptures put it clearly the Kingdom of God is not word but in power 1 Corinthians 4:20.

If truly your words of atagonism were in power the whole nairaland would have gone after you but since you lack that I can decisively and authoritatively put it clearly to your heavy ears my fathers-in-Lord are good and okay doing the right thing and that's why the power of the gospel backs them. Mark 16:17-18

If it's that easy go gather folks and preach to them weekly let's see how many of them will remain for a month with you! It's way better if a native doctor or an occultist have all the money in the money and there won't be by problem with that but for a man of God ahhh!!!!! It's forbidden....

Just as --- it is up or down, light or darkness, forward or backwards, sowing or reaping, storm or peace, ignorance or knowledge, heaven or hell, good or evil(not bad) hatred or love, death or life, rainfall or sunshine....The great KING has made all these in line to differentiate the two kingdoms struggling over the souls of men...you have chosen your doom and there is no mistake in that.

It's either a you are with us or against us. Period.

Nonsense. I know how my God answers me..I can't table you in prayers for a week and won't see results.

Leave us a alone...

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 9:12pm On Jul 19, 2021
TiglathPILESER:

You have lost it. From henceforth I cease to caution you about any topical issue on Christianity. Ofcourse nothing bothers you about morals. Do you know the man called Aleister Crowley....look him up...his motto was 'do as thou wilt' - in other words ' morals can go to hell'. I knew I would come to know what you truly stand for. Christianity is fatherhood and nuturer of morals...everything morals stand for except self-righteousness.

If everything about our present day doctrine of Christianty is wrong as you wildly claim on many occasions, how about evangelism - The great commission what stops you from engaging in it. Again, what on Earth stops you from leading your pack of believers and let's see how God will back you with his power?

Ofcourse you won't, or if you were, nairaland would know. Instead you leave the few lovers of the gospel in disarray....contempt and uneasyness with your deep rooted abraviseness! Blocking others from joining the flocks!

You keep using the name Jesus but have never for once applied the doctrine of the great commission to your portfolio of arm chair criticism against the kingdom work of others.
Jesus Christ never preached morals to you so you insistence that Christianity has to do with morals is baseless. undecided

Jesus Christ gave you a law to live by, God's own standard of righteousness, not to be confused with Man's idea of morals which like everything else is ever changing. God's Law is eternal, unchanging, so I am not sure what you are trying to argue but it fails right at the door. undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by mastermaestro(m): 9:49pm On Jul 19, 2021
jaxxy:

It’s is obvious the church is now a business organization and venture. See talk.

Start one, let's see how you would fare after 10 years. To criticize is very easy. sad sad
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkie: 11:34pm On Jul 19, 2021
AjanleKoko:

Wow, Kobojunkie still dey this lungu�
Longest time! Where have you been hiding? I came back out of my hole , back on to nairaland, about April of last year and have stayed on since then in this here section. undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by 1Sharon(f): 12:04am On Jul 20, 2021
sisisioge:

Hmmmm....even if he's hiding under financials, some element of the story will help you see that the church is still wrong.

1. 40 pastors involved. All of them are corrupt?
2. They were sacked! How can God's people cast away theirs? We dont cast away our own, we sort to improve them.

The rest of the story isn't relevant.

What makes them god's people?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

RCCG Prophecies For 2020 By Pastor E.A. Adeboye / Pastor TB Joshua Of Synagogue Church Of All Nations Is Dead / At Last, Linda Ngaujah Exposed! She Is An Agent Of Satan From The Pit Of Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.