Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,583 members, 7,958,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:29 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) (139010 Views)

Winners Chapel Sack Pastors For Not Meeting Financial Targets / Pastor Adeboye: I Paid A Surprise Visit To One Of RCCG Branches / Woman Used By 5 Pastors For Miracles Traced, Reveals What Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by AlongCamePollie(m): 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2021
tillaman:
This can’t be real, so the church is truly a business enterprise

Well, it is, sadly, TRUE. grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by blaise26abj(m): 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

People should learn to worship online

And data and cameras and lighting and microphones and generator in case they take light while streaming and the graphics crew and sound crew are free right ? Besides not all people have access to internet .
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:20pm On Jul 18, 2021
blaise26abj:

And data and cameras and lighting and microphones and generator in case they take light while streaming and the graphics crew and sound crew are free right ? Besides not all people have access to internet .

Television nko, I have been worshipping online for the past 5 years
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by chinedumo(m): 6:23pm On Jul 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If true, It wouldn't be surprise because this is a sad but true reality of what the church has turn into these days.

Not much different from the world to whom the church was sent.

One man who I had great respect while growing up was Benson Idahosa. If I'd be honest, I respected him more than God. If God says a thing and he says something else, I would easily take what he says over that of God. So when I see many Christians do same today with their church leaders, i understand where they're coming from because i've been there and done that myself.

One day in late Nineties, a bishop in Idahosa's church, when there were just three of them, who was a family member lamented seriously about how it had become about how much money they brought to the headquarters in Benin City where Benson Idahosa was still in charge.

Although I wasn't yet saved at the time, I wasn't very comfortable with that news, as Benson Idahosa was a man i looked up to with great respect, and that didn't sound very nice in my ears.

It was clear that he had drifted from what he used to be, and began to chase the riches and things of this world which Jesus says chokes the Word and make it not to bear fruits to perfection in one's life.

It was that glaring that after his death his church made it a mandate to go back to their founding principles of evangelism being their supreme task.

So when i speak the way i do about the loss of focus of today's church leaders concerning the things of God, that they now prioritize the lesser things like tithing, I am not speaking because I just want to speak, but I know what I'm talking about.

It's the sad reality of what the church has become today.

I pray the church gets back to the ways of the early church where it was all about God.

God bless.
I wish to hear more
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
MIKOLOWISKA:
thunder loading. You elevate a man above God. You very stupid
Lol!

Because I was honest about it, I am stupid.

You've obviously done same but are too blind to see it.

So your case is much worse.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2021
Krismas:
coolU are a successful LIAR. In this instant case, the pastor must prove his calling by the success or better still, TESTIMONIES from his branch. U can see how he was lamenting about severance package and accommodation provision. Its clear hes d one who thinks he was in a regular employment. People don’t envy pastors for salaries and stipends. But for amazing gifts they get from those who their ministrations added value to lives. I am not surprised this man was laid off. He is in the wrong profession

Anybody can form calling and testimony for money.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Hallabee1(m): 6:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkiee:

Aje ......

okay sir
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
Business ain't booming like it used too? grin grin grin

Thank you, Jesus.

❤❤❤❤
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Gfskw: 6:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by patani(m): 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
A nonprofit organization is a business too. It needs to make profit(either through tithes and Offerings, as well as other means) if it wants to continue operating and growing too, just like any other business does, only its tax-exempt status helps it better compete with other businesses which depend primarily on profit. lipsrsealed

you call something none profite organisation and you say it makes profit too...Are you listening to your self sir?

lets even leave analogy....what is this at least church is meant to follow bible as a manual

Matthew 10:8.

“Heal the sick, raise the dead; cleanse lepers, cast out demons. Freely you* have received, freely give.”[2]

If Anglican, Methodist etc. came for profit in Nigeria, aw many of our parents would have been educated?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If true, It wouldn't be surprise because this is a sad but true reality of what the church has turn into these days.

Not much different from the world to whom the church was sent.

One man who I had great respect while growing up was Benson Idahosa. If I'd be honest, I respected him more than God. If God says a thing and he says something else, I would easily take what he says over that of God. So when I see many Christians do same today with their church leaders, i understand where they're coming from because i've been there and done that myself.

One day in late Nineties, a bishop in Idahosa's church, when there were just three of them, who was a family member lamented seriously about how it had become about how much money they brought to the headquarters in Benin City where Benson Idahosa was still in charge.

Although I wasn't yet saved at the time, I wasn't very comfortable with that news, as Benson Idahosa was a man i looked up to with great respect, and that didn't sound very nice in my ears.

It was clear that he had drifted from what he used to be, and began to chase the riches and things of this world which Jesus says chokes the Word and make it not to bear fruits to perfection in one's life.

It was that glaring that after his death his church made it a mandate to go back to their founding principles of evangelism being their supreme task.

So when i speak the way i do about the loss of focus of today's church leaders concerning the things of God, that they now prioritize the lesser things like tithing, I am not speaking because I just want to speak, but I know what I'm talking about.

It's the sad reality of what the church has become today.

I pray the church gets back to the ways of the early church where it was all about God.

God bless.

I stopped reading when mentioned respect, you lack wisdom

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by tobatele(m): 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2021
Business is dull everywhere and when a business is not making enough sales/profit the next thing is to downsize, right size,layoff etc
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Ayobami7(m): 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2021
Lol
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by judedwriter(m): 6:54pm On Jul 18, 2021
tillaman:

Unfortunately it is looking more like that this days.

Many churches are more concerned about numerical and financial increase than salvation of souls.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Kobojunkiee: 6:57pm On Jul 18, 2021
patani:

you call something none profite organisation and you say it makes profit too...Are you listening to your self sir?
lets even leave analogy....what is this at least church is meant to follow bible as a manual

Matthew 10:8.
“Heal the sick, raise the dead; cleanse lepers, cast out demons. Freely you* have received, freely give.”[2]

If Anglican, Methodist etc. came for profit in Nigeria, aw many of our parents would have been educated?
The NEW Covenant Law of God, Jesus Christ , in the Kingdom of God is an agreement between God and individuals , not to nations or peoples or even your churches or nonprofit organizations. undecided

So when Jesus Christ said what He did in Matthew 10 vs 8 is instead a direct commandments to you as a person , not to a church or nonprofit group you subscribe to. undecided

Anglican, Methodist etc., are organizations set up by men in order to gather for themselves power and wealth over their fellow men in the name of God. Jesus Christ never asked anyone to build Him churches or kingdoms here on earth, nor did he ask for business in his honor. He didn't ask anyone to set up schools on his name or acquire education in his name undecided

So stop confusing that which is of God with that which is not. undecided
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by CanadaCars(m): 7:06pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
interesting spin on things. So there are actual commandments in islam which the terrorists hold to? undecided

But there aren't actual commandments in christianity which these preachers hold to, instead, they invent ideas of their own which they then preach as if endorsed by God. undecided

Anyways, I see you have nothing to do with the topic so I will leave it here. undecided

True talk, that is how they invented the Trinity, Hellfire, Immortality of the Soul etc, as doctrines endorsed by God.
Jesus showed us the way already, he said "by their fruits you will know them".
It is very easy to know false Christians if we are sincere with ourselves and willing to recognize them.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Jayrow08: 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2021
ruggedtimi:
Lately I stopped attending church because I see most of them as a business center....one certain church in pH if you no book seat online you can't gain access to the church on sunday
Are u serious?
What is the name of the church??
God have mercy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by OtemAtum: 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2021
Shelbyboss:
look at this medman u are mentally sick
I've been hearing this for eons. Read Otem Erectus 227: 1 and see what was said about my higher self in the past world too.

Otem Erectus 227:1

1. Now after this did otem begin to say, Yahweh, Allah, Moloch, Mazda and all gods of the books are now encaged in a spiritual vacuum. And those who heard him said, keep quiet, for you are mad.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Poleski: 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2021
Religion is all about money and power!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Lastine: 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
Lies

Sack 40 pastors from one state smiley
Rest this one out abeg
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by stancydg: 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2021
Toks2008:
Anyways i will wait for a response from the Bishop himself before i will draw any conclusion.

Nice and objective thing to do but I can bet you won't get any response because the bishop only reads the Bible. He isn't aware of such fake news as always, let alone respond to it.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by azpekuliar: 7:33pm On Jul 18, 2021
Somebody said OLEdepo cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Toks2008(m): 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
stancydg:

Nice and objective thing to do but I can bet you won't get any response because the bishop only reads the Bible. He isn't aware of such fake news as always, let alone respond to it.

Sometimes silence is not the best option.

The Pastor who made this video sounds very genuine but I have learnt to always wait to hear the other side of a story before drawing any conclusion.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Neddyogu(m): 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
Nigerian brand of religion is something else. In fact, Nigerian brand of anything is something else. All these mushroom churches of nowadays sef.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Shelbyboss: 8:08pm On Jul 18, 2021
bamac:
You are telling me I am lying talking about my own church. This is something that brings me tears because I know how rich the commission is. Before we got keyboard we the choir had to raise half of the keyboard then beg the RP to help us speak with some church members. Our drumset now is something else and as it is, if we choir can not stand just like we did when we got keyboard of just 70k, no one nor the commission will rise to provide.

I know the headquarter may not be aware, but the corruption in area province and state church will not allow things to move.

The building contract was given to a pastor in state church, he was even trying to seduce the then RP to collect bribe.

Let me burst your bubble... Choir cannot use church petrol for rehearsal, the choir provides that ourselves when there was no response to our plea.

I wouldn't be saying all these if not for the incorrect statement.

I know LFC is rich, but many branches are really suffering, mine is a typical example.
Then it in your write to send a memo to headquater lagos because yearly budget is being sent to evey station across the world for yearly maintanace
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by NLmopol(m): 8:16pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ficient:

I stopped reading when mentioned respect, you lack wisdom

gringringrin

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by lilvicky68(m): 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2021
Omo.. una still dey for this matter?? grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 18, 2021
Lukb4ulip:
It might not be true, you really sure this story is true.....
As for me I don't believe it...
Werey be ur surname.............. Shey u no dey naija ni
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by Sanchez01: 8:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
pocohantas:

Hhhhmmm. If you can attest to this, then I have to believe. This one is strong sha.
It really is. The concept of today's church is what some now describe as "corporate Christianity". Branches, Parishes, Zones, Districts or whatever names they are called are similar to business branches and Pastors-in-Charge are similar to Branch Managers. Most of them are on the church's payroll and the focus is always money. Regardless of the amount they make, a sizeable part of it goes to "National", or "Headquarter Church" while the revenue-generating church is to keep a tiny fraction of the generated funds.

God help you as pastor if your tithe and offering is nothing to write home about.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by jaxxy(m): 8:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
tillaman:

If a pastor is employed and not called and is paid a monthly salary like an employee he can damn well be sacked like an employee that he is by his employer.

If the pastor had his own work and house how can u sack him when ure not paying him??

I have said the current church model is faulty and prone to corruption.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by blaise26abj(m): 8:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Television nko, I have been worshipping online for the past 5 years

Do you pay tithe or do offerings to the ministry that does the tv services ? If not someone somewhere is giving the ministry money to continue doing that .
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
blaise26abj:

Do you pay tithe or do offerings to the ministry that does the tv services ? If not someone somewhere is giving the ministry money to continue doing that .

I pay to the Anglican Church because of their accountability. Accounts are audited and explained to all members of the church at the vestry meeting, questions are also asked and answered by the Parish Church Council

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Pastor TB Joshua Of Synagogue Church Of All Nations Is Dead / At Last, Linda Ngaujah Exposed! She Is An Agent Of Satan From The Pit Of Hell / Apostle Johnson Suleman Of Omega Fire Ministries Is A Spiritualist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.