Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? (11379 Views)

Who Really Is Qualify For Heaven / Can Good Exist Without Evil? / Qualification For Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by tctrills: 6:56pm On Dec 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Go back through your own posts to see what it is you don't accept as True of His own teachings. undecided
It's easy to accuse others without evidence but it does not make it right. If you believe I have a problem with any commandment, be bold, be open, say your mind and stop hiding.
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Dec 31, 2022
tctrills:
You obviously don't. You believe Christ is not capable of obeying his own commandment.
You have a false idea of Christ.
Christ is not capable of obeying His Own commandments? That is as silly as insinuating that because God gave the Law "thou shall not kill" to the Israelites, means God also has no right to kill the Israelites as He did — He should have obeyed His own commandments. undecided

Abeg, if you no get better to add, make you close shop and enter the New year! undecided
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Dec 31, 2022
tctrills:
It's easy to accuse others without evidence but it does not make it right. If you believe I have a problem with any commandment, be bold, be open, say your mind and stop hiding.
I didn't accuse you of anything as your posts clearly show you that which you reject and that which you accept. undecided
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by tctrills: 7:01pm On Dec 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Christ is not capable of obeying His Own commandments? That is as silly as insinuating that because God gave the Law "thou shall not kill" to the Israelites, means God also has no right to kill the Israelites as He did — He should have obeyed His own commandments. undecided

Abeg, if you no get better to add, make you close shop and enter the New year! undecided
Wait oh, are you saying that while the Father and the followers of Christ should love their enemies but Christ is exempt?
Those this even make sense to you.
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by tctrills: 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I didn't accuse you of anything as your posts clearly show you that which you reject and that which you accept. undecided
Again I ask which of my post. Be a man and speak.
Or is it because I say that Christ loved all men?
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2022
tctrills:
Wait oh, are you saying that while the Father and the followers of Christ should love their enemies but Christ is exempt?
Those this even make sense to you.
Wow... Does God "love" His enemies? Where exactly did God say that? According to Jesus Christ, God love in Jesus Christ is reserved only for those who obey His teachings and commandments John 14 vs 15 - 20 and John 15 vs 9 -11. Is that another one of Jesus Christ's teachings you don't accept? undecided
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by tctrills: 7:07pm On Dec 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Wow... Does God "love" His enemies? Where exactly did God say that? According to Jesus Christ, God love in Jesus Christ is reserved only for those who obey His teachings and commandments John 14 vs 15 - 20 and John 15 vs 9 -11. Is that another one of Jesus Christ's teachings you don't accept? undecided
I thought you even know a little of the bible.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Clearly, you equate Christ to the publicans
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 7:13pm On Dec 31, 2022
tctrills:

I thought you even know a little of the bible.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Look, you are free to believe as you want of these things. When you are ready to accept as true all that Jesus Christ said then we can move forward. undecided
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by tctrills: 7:23pm On Dec 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Look, you are free to believe as you want of these things. When you are ready to accept as true all that Jesus Christ said then we can move forward. undecided
Oga calm down. This is the problem with you Nairaland Christians when you are faced with the truth, you begin a holier than thou attitude.
You asked for scriptures, I gave them to you and now you start that bad habit that Nairaland Christians are known for.
I have always said, the biggest hypocrites are here on Nairaland.
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 7:26pm On Dec 31, 2022
tctrills:

Oga calm down. This is the problem with you Nairaland Christians when you are faced with the truth, you begin a holier than thou attitude.
You asked for scriptures, I gave them to you and now you start that bad habit that Nairaland Christians are known for.
I have always said, the biggest hypocrites are here on Nairaland.
OK undecided
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by tctrills: 7:37pm On Dec 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
OK undecided
Which one is ok? Stop the hypocrisy. Yes we don't agree and that's why we discuss but claiming that you are right even when the scriptures are against you shows that you lack humility and honestly.
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On Dec 31, 2022
tctrills:
Which one is ok? Stop the hypocrisy. Yes we don't agree and that's why we discuss but claiming that you are right even when the scriptures are against you shows that you lack humility and honestly.
Again.... Look, you are free to believe as you want of these things. When you are ready to accept as true all that Jesus Christ said then we can move forward. undecided
OK!
Have a Happy new year! undecided
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by tctrills: 7:44pm On Dec 31, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again.... Look, you are free to believe as you want of these things. When you are ready to accept as true all that Jesus Christ said then we can move forward. undecided
OK!
Have a Happy new year! undecided
Lol. When I believe your doctrine bah. Nigerian Christians, you guys were made differently. Enjoy.
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by ogwumgbe: 2:41am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Wrong! None of the scriptures I quote say it is simply by mentally acknowledging Jesus Christ —believing— that you are saved. That idea is not of the Gospel of Jesus Christ who instead told you, over and over, that only those who obey His teachings and commandments belong to Him, and are of HIm. undecided

And what is the commandment He was talking about? The commandment is to love one another, is it to be saved? People misinterpret the scripture, subject of salvation is purely by faith and not of works, as simple as ABC, people mix salvation and ethics of Christianity together, salvation is purely purchased by the blood of Jesus Christ for us, and whoever that tries to obtain salvation by adding his own works mocks the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and simply the same as the old testament Pharisees and the Saducees that Jesus Christ rebuked. Salvation is based on the faith on the finish work of Jesus Christ on the cross of calvary, which is grace, no addition, no subtraction,

1 Like

Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 2:49am On Jan 01, 2023
ogwumgbe:
1. And what is the commandment He was talking about? The commandment is to love one another, is it to be saved? People misinterpret the scripture, subject of salvation is purely by faith and not of works, as simple as ABC, people mix salvation and ethics of Christianity together, salvation is purely purchased by the blood of Jesus Christ for us, and whoever that tries to obtain salvation by adding his own works mocks the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and simply the same as the old testament Pharisees and the Saducees that Jesus Christ rebuked. Salvation is based on the faith on the finish work of Jesus Christ on the cross of calvary, which is grace, no addition, no subtraction,
1. At first you claimed that all Jesus Christ asked for was for mental acknowledgement which I showed you was wrong. Now you pretend Jesus Christ gave only 2 commandments for His followers to obey? undecided

Please take time to in fact read through the Gospels so you can learn about Jesus Christ. He actually gave almost 100 commandments in His Law aka Gospel declaring those who obey them all are those who love and belong to Him. undecided
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by ogwumgbe: 2:55am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. At first you claimed that all Jesus Christ asked for was for mental acknowledgement which I showed you was wrong. Now you pretend Jesus Christ gave only 2 commandments for His followers to obey? undecided

Please take time to in fact read through the Gospels so you can learn about Jesus Christ. He actually gave almost 100 commandments in His Law aka Gospel declaring those who obey them all are those who love and belong to Him. undecided

All his commandments does not contradict the fact that salvation is based on what he did and not what you do. If it's based on what you do, then His coming is irrelevant because many old prophets lived exemplary life styles yet were not saved except through Jesus Christ, Your flesh is corrupt brother, and no righteousness of yours can give you a perfect flesh except the sacrifice of Jesus Christ by paying for your perfect flesh with His blood. This is the scripture brother and many Pharisees and Saducees of our time are blind to this fact. Without faith, it's impossible to please God brother, this is reason Bible said that many will come from the East and West and join with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the Kingdom of God but the children of the Kingdom ( those trusting in their works for salvation) will be thrown to outer darkness

1 Like

Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 3:04am On Jan 01, 2023
ogwumgbe:
All his commandments does not contradict the fact that salvation is based on what he did and not what you do. If it's based on what you do, then His coming is irrelevant because many old prophets lived exemplary life styles yet were not saved except through Jesus Christ, Your flesh is corrupt brother, and no righteousness of yours can give you a perfect flesh except the sacrifice of Jesus Christ by paying for your perfect flesh with His blood. This is the scripture brother and many Pharisees and Saducees of our time are blind to this fact. Without faith, it's impossible to please God brother, this is reason Bible said that many will come from the East and West and join with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the Kingdom of God but the children of the Kingdom ( those trusting in their works for salvation) will be thrown to outer darkness
Look, again, I showed you what Jesus Christ said which is that those who belong to Him are those who accept and obey His teachings and commandments and it is only those among them who stand faithful - in continuous submission and obedience- that will be saved in the end - Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Mark 13 vs 13. undecided

In regards to being saved from Old Way and entering into the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ told Nicodemus that except a man be born of water and born of spirit - born-again- He cannot enter into the Kingdom of God, that is He cannot be considered repented from His Old ways - John 3 vs 1 - 21. And being born of water and born of spirit are actions that require more than your mental acknowledgement of Jesus Christ. So, again, as Jesus Christ said, those who belong to Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments. undecided
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by ogwumgbe: 3:07am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Look, again, I showed you what Jesus Christ said which is that those who belong to Him are those who accept and obey His teachings and commandments and it is only those among them who stand faithful - in continuous submission and obedience- that will be saved in the end - Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Mark 13 vs 13. undecided

In regards to being saved from Old Way and entering into the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ told Nicodemus that except a man be born of water and born of spirit - born-again- He cannot enter into the Kingdom of God, that is He cannot be considered repented from His Old ways - John 3 vs 1 - 21. And being born of water and born of spirit are actions that require more than your mental acknowledgement of Jesus Christ. So, again, as Jesus Christ said, those who belong to Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments. undecided

Your action is like a filthy rag brother, if it's based on actions, people from other religions will be entering heaven above Christians, because in other religions is where you will see pure action based sincere life, just by their nature
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 3:16am On Jan 01, 2023
ogwumgbe:
Your action is like a filthy rag brother, if it's based on actions, people from other religions will be entering heaven above Christians, because in other religions is where you will see pure action based sincere life, just by their nature
Again, stop misquoting what is stated in Isaiah 64 vs 6 where you are instead told that your sin renders your good works filthy and hence worthless to God. Please go back to that chapter and read carefully what is in fact written so you do not continue to misconstrued it undecided

Jesus Christ informed you that by living your life in continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments - The Truth of God --, you will come to know the Truth of God and the Truth will see you free from slavery to sin, and transform you into a Son of God - a holy and acceptable vessel for God - John 8 vs 31 - 36 . undecided

Please go back and read the Gospel so you can learn the truth from Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by ogwumgbe: 6:32am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again, stop misquoting what is stated in Isaiah 64 vs 6 where you are instead told that your sin renders your good works filthy and hence worthless to God. Please go back to that chapter and read carefully what is in fact written so you do not continue to misconstrued it undecided

Jesus Christ informed you that by living your life in continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments - The Truth of God --, you will come to know the Truth of God and the Truth will see you free from slavery to sin, and transform you into a Son of God - a holy and acceptable vessel for God - John 8 vs 31 - 36 . undecided

Please go back and read the Gospel so you can learn the truth from Jesus Christ. undecided

Christ like is different from Salvation brother, My point is that your works does not save you but what Christ did, every other thing is just secondary, if works guarantees salvation, then none, I repeat none will ever be there because all are hypocrites and none practices what he preaches, that's why Bible based our salvation purely on faith and not works. None is good says the scripture

1 Like

Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 6:42am On Jan 01, 2023
ogwumgbe:
Christ like is different from Salvation brother, My point is that your works does not save you but what Christ did, every other thing is just secondary, if works guarantees salvation, then none, I repeat none will ever be there because all are hypocrites and none practices what he preaches, that's why Bible based our salvation purely on faith and not works. None is good says the scripture
Notice how you keep shifting between terms and all I keep focusing on is what is in fact written in the Gospels. If you are truly a follower of Jesus Christ, please endeavor to catch up on the truth as taught by Jesus Christ Himself so you really understand where all those terms your keep spitting really fall within His teachings. It is meaningless if all you have are terms that do not directly connect to any of HIs teachings. undecided

As He made clear there, obedience is the Key to the Kingdom of God. It is the key to Repentance and entering into the Kingdom of God, it is the key to gaining access through the Narrow gate vs the Broad gate into the Kingdom of God. Obedience is the key to holiness and also the key to becoming righteousness. Only the righteous will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven as Jesus Christ made certain in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 undecided
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by ogwumgbe: 6:48am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Notice how you keep shifting between terms and all I keep focusing on is what is in fact written in the Gospels. If you are truly a follower of Jesus Christ, please endeavor to catch up on the truth as taught by Jesus Christ Himself so you really understand where all those terms your keep spitting really fall within His teachings. It is meaningless if all you have are terms that do not directly connect to any of HIs teachings. undecided

As He made clear there, obedience is the Key to the Kingdom of God. It is the key to Repentance and entering into the Kingdom of God, it is the key to gaining access through the Narrow gate vs the Broad gate into the Kingdom of God. Obedience is the key to holiness and also the key to becoming righteousness. Only the righteous will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven as Jesus Christ made certain in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46 undecided

Hahahaha, brother this preaching is for those that don't know their scripture, You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free, in John 8: 32 you quoted, yes there are many things to be set free from in this world by Knowing the word of God ( the truth) it didn't say that you will know the truth and the truth shall take you to heaven , then about Mathew 25 you quoted, the goats are simply those that think that Christ's sacrifice is not enough to guarantee then salvation but based their own on their works, they the goats and are equal to the Pharisees and Saducees that Christ rebuked, that's the simple truth the spiritually blind can't grasp, Salvation is by Faith and not of works, Bible even used Abraham as an example of getting salvation by faith when he believed God and it was accounted to him as righteousness. And Christ is our righteousness brother,

Also in Psalms 32: blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven and whose sin is covered, blessed is the one that God does not in put iniquity: This is purely the grace of God upon such person and not his works, many examples of the scripture that shows it's by grace are all over the scripture but the scribes, Pharisees and the Saducees of this time keep trying to subject people to their own doctring. God sees you through Christ brother and not through your works, You as human is completely stained by sin and only the blood of Jesus Christ can wash it away and not your own hypocritical works

1 Like

Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 7:11am On Jan 01, 2023
ogwumgbe:
Hahahaha, brother this preaching is for those that don't know their scripture, You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free, in John 8: 32 you quoted, yes there are many things to be set free from in this world by Knowing the word of God ( the truth) it didn't say that you will know the truth and the truth shall take you to heaven , then about Mathew 25 you quoted, the goats are simply those that think that Christ's sacrifice is not enough to guarantee then salvation but based their own on their works, they the goats and are equal to the Pharisees and Saducees that Christ rebuked, that's the simple truth the spiritually blind can't grasp, Salvation is by Faith and not of works, Bible even used Abraham as an example of getting salvation by faith when he believed God and it was accounted to him as righteousness. And Christ is our righteousness brother,

Also in Psalms 32: blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven and whose sin is covered, blessed is the one that God does not in put iniquity: This is purely the grace of God upon such person and not his works, many examples of the scripture that shows it's by grace are all over the scripture but the scribes, Pharisees and the Saducees of this time keep trying to subject people to their own doctring. God sees you through Christ brother and not through your works, You as human is completely stained by sin and only the blood of Jesus Christ can wash it away and not your own hypocritical works
No need for this epistle at all! undecided

All I am saying is rebase whatever your belief with that which is in fact the teaching of Jesus Christ Himself because as He said, many people will enter into the Kingdom of God — become born-again— through the broad gate which leads to destruction(Hell) and only a few will enter into the Kingdom of God through the narrow gate which leads to true life(Heaven). The reason why the Narrow gate is narrow is that there are many laws to obey in order to become worthy to enter in through it. Again, this information is found in the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ. What people don't realize is that all of those folks who will end up in Hell(eternal damnation) at the end of the day are all born-again and have eternal life. undecided
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by ogwumgbe: 9:13am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
No need for this epistle at all! undecided

All I am saying is rebase whatever your belief with that which is in fact the teaching of Jesus Christ Himself because as He said, many people will enter into the Kingdom of God — become born-again— through the broad gate which leads to destruction(Hell) and only a few will enter into the Kingdom of God through the narrow gate which leads to true life(Heaven). The reason why the Narrow gate is narrow is that there are many laws to obey in order to become worthy to enter in through it. Again, this information is found in the Gospel teachings of Jesus Christ. What people don't realize is that all of those folks who will end up in Hell(eternal damnation) at the end of the day are all born-again and have eternal life. undecided

The reason for that narrow gate is that many will base their salvation through their work and will be so blind to grasp the truth of the Bible that it's purely by faith and no work is needed.

1 Like

Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 2:09pm On Jan 01, 2023
ogwumgbe:
The reason for that narrow gate is that many will base their salvation through their work and will be so blind to grasp the truth of the Bible that it's purely by faith and no work is needed.
Your formulation there is of your mind since it does not align with that written in the Gospels where instead Jesus Christ gives about 5 commands, instructions regarding how to enter into true life(the Narrow gate) which He, Jesus Christ, is ---- in John 10 Jesus Christ revealed Himself as the gate(The Truth and The Life) through which only those who are His sheep can enter into. undecided
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by ogwumgbe: 10:39pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Your formulation there is of your mind since it does not align with that written in the Gospels where instead Jesus Christ gives about 5 commands, instructions regarding how to enter into true life(the Narrow gate) which He, Jesus Christ, is ---- in John 10 Jesus Christ revealed Himself as the gate(The Truth and The Life) through which only those who are His sheep can enter into. undecided

His sheep are those that believe His works and not their works, every teaching Jesus Christ is centered on believing in Him and not by works, even the miracles he performed are based on faith, believe and trust in Him, none ever received miracle from Him by self righteousness
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Jan 01, 2023
ogwumgbe:
His sheep are those that believe His works and not their works, every teaching Jesus Christ is centered on believing in Him and not by works, even the miracles he performed are based on faith, believe and trust in Him, none ever received miracle from Him by self righteousness
Again, you keep formulating ideas that have nothing to do with what is in fact stated in scripture only to turn around to suggest it applies, why? Jesus Christ Himself explained who His sheep are in John 10, John 14, and John 15. Are you somehow of the mind that you decide for Jesus Christ what the Truth of God ought to be? undecided
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by ogwumgbe: 11:27pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Again, you keep formulating ideas that have nothing to do with what is in fact stated in scripture only to turn around to suggest it applies, why? Jesus Christ Himself explained who His sheep are in John 10, John 14, and John 15. Are you somehow of the mind that you decide for Jesus Christ what the Truth of God ought to be? undecided

Brother everything I have been saying is scriptural, I formulated nothing,. you have been so indoctrinated brother, take your Bible, read and open your eyes to the truth, the same thing Jesus Christ condemned in the Pharisees, Saducees, and even the scribes are the same thing you still cling on. It's not by your works brother, your work can't transform your sinful human nature, it's only through Christ you are transformed brother during the resurrection of the dead, and going to meet Christ in Heaven on a twinkling of an eye, stop your holier than thou attitude, your works are irrelevant simple, it can only get you some crown, that's if you are doing it for that purpose but if you are doing it to be saved,, you have missed the mark brother and make the sacrifice of Jesus Christ non significance, which is un believe, as deadly as the sin of witchcraft , Read the entire book of Romans to open your mind
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Jan 01, 2023
ogwumgbe:
1. Brother everything I have been saying is scriptural, I formulated nothing,. you have been so indoctrinated brother, take your Bible, read and open your eyes to the truth, the same thing Jesus Christ condemned in the Pharisees, Saducees, and even the scribes are the same thing you still cling on.

2. It's not by your works brother, your work can't transform your sinful human nature, it's only through Christ you are transformed brother during the resurrection of the dead, and going to meet Christ in Heaven on a twinkling of an eye, stop your holier than thou attitude, your works are irrelevant simple, it can only get you some crown, that's if you are doing it for that purpose but if you are doing it to be saved,, you have missed the mark brother and make the sacrifice of Jesus Christ non significance, which is un believe, as deadly as the sin of witchcraft , Read the entire book of Romans to open your mind
1. So you believe that stating exactly that which was proclaimed by Jesus Christ means I am indoctrinated? Do you really think that is what Jesus Christ accused the Pharisees and Sadduccees of? Because clearly in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 Jesus Christ explained that instead, the Pharisees were guilty of selling their own lies — doctrines, and traditions— in place of God's own teachings and commandments, to the people using the Name of God. undecided

2. Basically, if Jesus Christ Himself says that those who belong to Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments yet you instead claim that the ones who don't do what Jesus Christ said to do are His sheep, don't you see that your problem here isn't me but Jesus Christ? You don't accept any of what Jesus Christ says at all. undecided

And for this reason, I keep telling you to stop formulating and start instead accepting what Jesus Christ says, just as He told you to. undecided
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by ogwumgbe: 11:41pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So you believe that stating exactly that which was proclaimed by Jesus Christ means I am indoctrinated? Do you really think that is what Jesus Christ accused the Pharisees and Sadduccees of? Because clearly in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 Jesus Christ explained that instead, the Pharisees were guilty of selling their own lies — doctrines, and traditions— in place of God's own teachings and commandments, to the people using the Name of God. undecided

2. Basically, if Jesus Christ Himself says that those who belong to Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments yet you instead claim that the ones who don't do what Jesus Christ said to do are His sheep, don't you see that your problem here isn't me but Jesus Christ? You don't accept any of what Jesus Christ says at all. undecided

And for this reason, I keep telling you to stop formulating and start instead accepting what Jesus Christ says, just as He told you to. undecided

Romans is there for you to read, self righteousness takes you to no where
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 11:42pm On Jan 01, 2023
ogwumgbe:
Romans is there for you to read, self righteousness takes you to no where
Jesus Christ did not tell you anything in Romans. undecided
Re: Can Good Works Qualify One For Heaven? by ogwumgbe: 11:43pm On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ did not tell you anything in Romans. undecided

Really? so Romans is not the word of God? please explain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? / What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 / Tithing: Where Does The Money Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.