Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? (1518 Views)

Eat To Live OR Live To Eat, Which Do You Belong To ? / How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Obasempiree(m): 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2021
There are about 4,200 religions in the world or more do you think God cares about the religion you belong to? Or infact he just cares about we treating each other with love like Jesus did as a requirement to eternal life, why I asked this is because churches (in Christianity)
are very much separated in these times and the doctrines of these seperated churches are endless, tho most share some similar and common beliefs but their teachings and practice are completely different from each other. Opinions are welcomed
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Kobojunkiee: 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2021
Obasempiree:
There are about 4,200 religions in the world or more do you think God cares about the religion you belong to? Or infact he just cares about we treating each other with love like Jesus did as a requirement to eternal life, why I asked this is because churches (in Christianity)
are very much separated in these times and the doctrines of these seperated churches are endless, tho most share some similar and common beliefs but their teachings and practice are completely different from each other. Opinions are welcomed
Your churches are built on the doctrines and traditions of men, that which Jesus Christ declared were antichrist and an abomination to God. So what good can come of that which is against God? None! undecided

Going to church only assures you a place in Hell, not Heaven as that which is against God cannot be where God is. undecided
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Amotolongbo(f): 4:34pm On Jul 18, 2021
God commanded love

Mankind brought religions
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Ammishaddai: 4:44pm On Jul 18, 2021
OP, you can belong to any religion in world so long as you remain sinless. Which brings the question: are you sinless? No. So what's God's provision? Accepting the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ as a pardon for your transgressions. This is something all churches teach but where they deviate is in doctrinal idealogies.
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Kobojunkiee: 4:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ammishaddai:
OP, you can belong to any religion in world so long as you remain sinless. Which brings the question: are you sinless? No. So what's God's provision? Accepting the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ as a pardon for your transgressions. This is something all churches teach but where they deviate is in doctrinal idealogies.
"Accepting" the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ does not result in the pardoning of your sins but instead in salvation from Death, the consequence of sin, and in exchange, you are gifted with eternal life(grace) that you can spend either in Heaven or in Hell afterwards. undecided

The very foundation of your churches are built atop of lies, doctrines and traditions of men which Jesus Christ openly declared an abomination to God. Can a thing that is against God be of God or be said to teach God's Truth? undecided
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Ammishaddai: 4:52pm On Jul 18, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkiee:
"Accepting" the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ does not result in the pardoning of your sins but instead in salvation from Death, the consequence of sin, and in exchange, you are gifted with eternal life(grace) that you can spend either in Heaven or in Hell afterwards. undecided

The very foundation of your churches are built atop of lies, doctrines and traditions of men which Jesus Christ openly declared an abomination to God. Can a thing that is against God be of God or be said to teach God's Truth? undecided
[/s] Your talk is always baseless and without fact. The bible clearly says " the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus. "(Rom6:23). So oga mumu, you can still die even after this life if you don't accept the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Simple
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Obasempiree(m): 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Your churches are built on the doctrines and traditions of men, that which Jesus Christ declared were antichrist and an abomination to God. So what good can come of that which is against God? None! undecided

Going to church only assures you a place in Hell, not Heaven as that which is against God cannot be where God is. undecided

I think God some how permits and allows some things because this is what majority of people in the world have been trained to believe from birth, alot are so ignorant of so many things even till they pass on.
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Kobojunkiee: 4:58pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Your talk is always baseless and without fact. The bible clearly says " the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus. "(Rom6:23). So oga mumu, you can still die even after this life if you don't accept the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Simple
Baseless Or is it that you struggle to understand what is clearly before you. undecided

The "wages of sin" aka the "condemnation of sin" is Death by perishing in the grave, God's judgement against man's sin since Adam - Genesis 3 vs 15-19... that is what that verse tells you right there, the very same thing that Jesus Christ told in John 3 vs 16 - 21 that Jesus Christ saved you from. undecided

You are gifted with Eternal life(grace) inplace of Death which you were previously condemned to by God for that very reason too. undecided

If you dont understand, ask questions next time. undecided
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Ammishaddai: 5:07pm On Jul 18, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkiee:
Baseless Or is it that you struggle to understand what is clearly before you. undecided

The "wages of sin" aka the "condemnation of sin" is Death by perishing in the grave, God's judgement against man's sin since Adam - Genesis 3 vs 15-19... that is what that verse tells you right there, the very same thing that Jesus Christ told in John 3 vs 16 - 21 that Jesus Christ saved you from. undecided

You are gifted with Eternal life(grace) inplace of Death which you were previously condemned to by God for that very reason too. undecided

If you dont understand, ask questions next time. undecided
[/s] Oga, shut up and stop being a fool. In Roman6:23 the KJV of the bible interprets wages as a price that is paid for sin, not condemnation as you mórons often tag it as.

Secondly, eternal life is only given Jesus (John10:28-30). Which is why you must first accept Him before granted eternal life(acts16:31).

But you can continue deceiving yourself. After all, na you get your mumu sef
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Obasempiree(m): 5:11pm On Jul 18, 2021
Amotolongbo:
God commanded love

Mankind brought religions

I agree with this, Jesus Christ was the incarnation of the word of God, he loved everyone I mean everyone even Judas that betrayed him, he told his disciples if they truly want to be his disciples they must love everyone as he has loved them (John 13:34) . This love is what is lacking in churches today, some of the hierarchy built in churches today have made people worship religious leaders, in real sense this hierarchy should be means of people occupying these positions to live an exemplary life.
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Kobojunkiee: 5:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Oga, shut up and stop being a fool. In Roman6:23 the KJV of the bible interprets wages as a price that is paid for sin, not condemnation as you mórons often tag it as.

Secondly, eternal life is only given Jesus (John10:28-30). Which is why you must first accept Him before granted eternal life(acts16:31).

But you can continue deceiving yourself. After all, na you get your mumu sef
A price paid for sin against God is the same as the judgement or consequence of sin against God or the condemnation of sin against God. undecided

Eternal life(grace) is given to all those who believe in Jesus Christ and by believing in or accepting(trusting in) Jesus Christ - John 3 vs 16 - 21 & John 3 vs 36 and John 6 vs 47 - 58 & John 10 vs 28 - 30 .
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2021
Obasempiree:

God wants our religion to be that which does Only the Highest Good (Up Right) and the zeroest wickedness or bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Kobojunkiee: 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2021
Obasempiree:

I think God some how permits and allows some things because this is what majority of people in the world have been trained to believe from birth, alot are so ignorant of so many things even till they pass on.
Every human being comes equipped from birth with capability of independent thought so ignorance is not bliss even for those who were indoctrinated from childhood in these things. undecided

Sadly many will chose still to allow themselves fall into the same pit that their equally blind leaders/parents when all is said and done. undecided
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Ammishaddai: 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkiee:
A price paid for sin against God is the same as the judgement or consequence of sin against God or the condemnation of sin against God. undecided

Eternal life(grace) is given to all those who believe in Jesus Christ and by believing in or accepting(trusting in) Jesus Christ - John 3 vs 16 - 21 & John 3 vs 36 and John 6 vs 47 - 58 & John 10 vs 28 - 30 .
[/s] You're fúcking liar who didn't go to school. Before I engage you further, kindly check the meaning of wages and compare it to condemnation and see if it tallies. Mumu undecided

1 Like

Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Kobojunkiee: 5:26pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] You're fúcking liar who didn't go to school. Before I engage you further, kindly check the meaning of wages and compare it to condemnation and see if it tallies. Mumu undecided
Again a consequence is a price or wage you pay for an act....a judgment or condemnation for that act. undecided

When reading even the bible, you need to apply basic human language comprehension skills since that book was to you by humans in human language to be understood using the human mind. The dictionary is meant as your friend, not an enemy! undecided
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Ammishaddai: 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkiee:
Again a consequence is a price or wage you pay for an act....a judgment or condemnation for that act. undecided

When reading even the bible, you need to apply basic human language comprehension skills since that book was to you by humans in human language to be understood using the human mind. The dictionary is meant as your friend, not an enemy! undecided
[/s] Bro, your stupidity is greater than you and the sooner you acknowledge this the better. If at your age you don't know that wages and condemnation are two different things then I'm sorry to say that your existence is just not worth it. Excuse me
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Kobojunkiee: 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Bro, your stupidity is greater than you and the sooner you acknowledge this the better. If at your age you don't know that wages and condemnation are two different things then I'm sorry to say that your existence is just not worth it. Excuse me
Ok,since you seem stuck on the word "wages"...

So, what of what Jesus Christ tells you in John 3 vs 16 -21. Is that a lie because you obviously have an issue with me? undecided
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Onlykwaffy(m): 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2021
I don't really Care about Religion because it has done more harm than Good

but I have a philosophy guiding me in my life which says :Do Unto others as you would want others to do unto you .

1 Like

Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Kobojunkiee: 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
Onlykwaffy:
I don't really Care about Religion because it has done more harm than Good

but I have a philosophy guiding me in my life which says :Do Unto others as you would want others to do unto you .
The question is does God care what religion you subscribe to. In your case, what relation is there between your chosen philosophy and God? undecided
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Onlykwaffy(m): 5:54pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
The question is does God care what religion you subscribe to. In your case, what relation is there between your chosen philosophy and God? undecided

My Religion is 'Advocacy for Humanity'
oya rest

1 Like

Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Kobojunkiee: 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2021
Onlykwaffy:
My Religion is 'Advocacy for Humanity'
oya rest
So, you have no relations to God then? undecided
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Onlykwaffy(m): 5:58pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
So, you have no relations to God then? undecided

Oga no dey Stress me
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Kobojunkiee: 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2021
Onlykwaffy:

Oga no dey Stress me
Na simple question! undecided
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:40pm On Jul 18, 2021
Obasempiree:

if a person needs a holybook to know right from wrong then the problem is NOT religion, the problem is YOU
but sadly, these religions know that and therefore use these same holy books to control these weak lost men.

1 Like

Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by kingxsamz(m): 6:48pm On Jul 18, 2021
Which of the gods and which of the religions?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by 1Sharon(f): 6:59pm On Jul 18, 2021
Isn't Christianity a religion?
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Obasempiree(m): 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

if a person needs a holy to know right from wrong then the problem is NOT religion, the problem is YOU
but sadly, these religions know that and therefore use these same holy books to control these weak lost men.

Exactly, but the problem here is that most Christians dnt read their bible and even the ones that do misinterpret it alot which alters our one believe on the basis of love. Humanity is in deep trouble with this possible threat on human extinction in the next century cnt be written out.

1 Like

Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Mystery9(m): 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2021
Jesus Christ is the only hope of mankind
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Obasempiree(m): 7:55pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Every human being comes equipped from birth with capability of independent thought so ignorance is not bliss even for those who were indoctrinated from childhood in these things. undecided

Sadly many will chose still to allow themselves fall into the same pit that their equally blind leaders/parents when all is said and done. undecided

Sure but as far as the world is manipulated by fear which these doctrines concentrate on knowingly and unknowingly people therefore will always be afraid, the Bible infact mentions "fear not" about 365 times stressing on the need not to be afraid except total fear of God (Job 28:28), (psalm 2:11) This world needs the kind of love Christ showed to everyone and the only hope will be establishing something universal that will be globally accepted that can bring love, then again these power hungry religious leaders will still find a way to bring structures to manipulate and control the world!
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Obasempiree(m): 8:03pm On Jul 18, 2021
Mystery9:
Jesus Christ is the only hope of mankind

Yes Truly, I must say Jesus paid the highest price anyone in the universe could pay (John 3:16), he denied himself everything just to show us how we should live, imagine if some of our religious leaders had the power Jesus had? first some will make themselves the richest in the world first before we even talk of love. How many are even truly called by God?

1 Like

Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Image123(m): 11:18pm On Jul 18, 2021
kingxsamz:
Which of the gods and which of the religions?
The One you care so much about and wish every single day not to exist. If wishes were horses, Sammy would ride.
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by trillest1960: 12:48am On Jul 19, 2021
God has no concern with whatever religion you practice... If the devotion in your heart is true God himself will pull you to himself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Am For Real For Real This Time. Ww3 Officially Starts This July 2023 / Strictly For Christians! / Why Do Religious People Fast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.