Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? (1519 Views)

Eat To Live OR Live To Eat, Which Do You Belong To ? / How Do I Explain To My Parents That I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: Hundreds Of Child Sex Abuse Claims In The Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:40am On Jul 19, 2021
Obasempiree:

There are about 4,200 religions in the world or more do you think God cares about the religion you belong to? Or infact he just cares about we treating each other with love like Jesus did as a requirement to eternal life, why I asked this is because churches (in Christianity)
are very much separated in these times and the doctrines of these seperated churches are endless, tho most share some similar and common beliefs but their teachings and practice are completely different from each other. Opinions are welcomed

I would have pretended i never saw your post had it been you never mentioned the name of that man called "Jesus"
Most of you people already had preconceived thought on matters before bringing it to the public so opinions are irrelevant as long as it doesn't go down well with what you've already concluded in your mind.

According to Jesus of Nazareth the religion you practice MATTERS A LOT and it will play a vital role in your SALVATION!

Now let's try to read Jesus' mind on the topic by meditating on his words. Remember he said whoever listens to his words and took no action on it is like someone building his house on sandy soil! Matthew 7:24-27

These are the WORDS Jesus spoke himself regarding the topic of discussion:

Before Jesus' arrival on planet earth the one and only nation God was dealing with directly with regards to salvation is Israel. So whatever religion you practice aside from what God stated for this people is worthless before the true God. Now the same Israelites had issues within them and they divided ten out of twelve separated themselves as the northern Israel known as Samaritans in Jesus' days while the remaining three tribes (including Levites) were in the south known as Jews. So there was an ongoing contention between the two nations, the Samaritans believed that since they're also Israelites (descendants of Jacob) God approves their worship but the Jews kept insisting that any form of worship aside from what involves the Levitical priesthood is Idolatry.
This contention lasted for centuries and the Jews despices the Samaritans for this reason.

Now what did Jesus have to say on the matter?

Well a certain Samaritan woman was curious so she kept nursing this thing deeply in her heart until one day that she's so fortunate to meet the promised Messiah (Christ) one on one at Jacob's well! undecided

So after perceiving that Jesus is a prophet of God she threw the question bothering her mind for years at Jesus:

The woman said to (Jesus): “Sir, I see that you are a prophet. Our forefathers worshipped on this mountain, but you people say that in Jerusalem is the place where people must worship.”  Jesus said to her: “Believe me, woman, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews! John 4:19-22

This was Jesus himself declaring that God has always had a choice in the form of worship we engage in! Genesis 4:3-5
Even Jesus when he walked the earth shows that he is selective when it comes to the matter of salvation:

These 12 Jesus sent out, giving them these instructions: “Do not go off into the road of the nations, and do not enter any Sa·marʹi·tan city; but instead, go continually to the lost sheep of the house of Israel! Matthew 10:5-6

He answered: “I was not sent to anyone except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” Matthew 15:25

Time and time again Jesus demonstrated that the person that sent him had a particular people in mind in respect to salvation!

The woman was a Greek, a Sy·ro·phoe·niʹcian by nationality; and she kept asking him to expel the demon from her daughter. But he said to her: “First let the children be satisfied, for it is not right to take the bread of the children and throw it to the little dogs.” Mark 7:26-27

In all of these Jesus proved again and again that there's a form of worship that you must engage in before God recognizes you as part of His own people! John 4:24

So don't deceive yourself thinking salvation could be found in any form of worship, you must belong to a certain group of people and practice the same sacred service with them before you can be saved! John 3:16; 17:3

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by achorladey: 7:17am On Jul 19, 2021
Obasempiree:
There are about 4,200 religions in the world or more do you think God cares about the religion you belong to? Or infact he just cares about we treating each other with love like Jesus did as a requirement to eternal life, why I asked this is because churches (in Christianity)
are very much separated in these times and the doctrines of these seperated churches are endless, tho most share some similar and common beliefs but their teachings and practice are completely different from each other. Opinions are welcomed

James 1:27

New International Version
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

New Living Translation
Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

English Standard Version
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

Berean Study Bible
Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Berean Literal Bible
Pure and undefiled religion before the God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their tribulation; to keep oneself unstained from the world.

King James Bible
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas[b]”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul?

What I mean is this, that each one of you says: “I belong to Paul,” “But I to A·polʹlos,”“But I to Ceʹphas,” “But I to Christ.”Is the Christ divided? Paul was not executed on the stake for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

So then, no more boasting about human leaders! All things are yours, whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas[c] or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours, and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.

So let no one boast in men; for all things belong to you, whether Paul or A·polʹlos or Ceʹphas or the world or life or death or things now here or things to come, all things belong to you; in turn you belong to Christ; Christ, in turn, belongs to God.
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Obasempiree(m): 2:47pm On Jul 20, 2021
achorladey:

James 1:27

New International Version
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

New Living Translation
Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

English Standard Version
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

Berean Study Bible
Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Berean Literal Bible
Pure and undefiled religion before the God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their tribulation; to keep oneself unstained from the world.

King James Bible
Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

My brothers and sisters, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephas[b]”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul?

What I mean is this, that each one of you says: “I belong to Paul,” “But I to A·polʹlos,”“But I to Ceʹphas,” “But I to Christ.”Is the Christ divided? Paul was not executed on the stake for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

So then, no more boasting about human leaders! All things are yours, whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas[c] or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours, and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.

So let no one boast in men; for all things belong to you, whether Paul or A·polʹlos or Ceʹphas or the world or life or death or things now here or things to come, all things belong to you; in turn you belong to Christ; Christ, in turn, belongs to God.

Very interesting I love the teachings of Jesus, he demonstrated his teachings in his actions as a living example and it is clearly started in John 14:6 no one comes to the father except through him, I still dnt know why the teachings of Paul, John and some other prophets and apostles are being so emphasized more than the teachings of Jesus today.
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Obasempiree(m): 2:54pm On Jul 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I would have pretended i never saw your post had it been you never mentioned the name of that man called "Jesus"
Most of you people already had preconceived thought on matters before bringing it to the public so opinions are irrelevant as long as it doesn't go down well with what you've already concluded in your mind.

According to Jesus of Nazareth the religion you practice MATTERS A LOT and it will play a vital role in your SALVATION!

Now let's try to read Jesus' mind on the topic by meditating on his words. Remember he said whoever listens to his words and took no action on it is like someone building his house on sandy soil! Matthew 7:24-27

Before Jesus' arrival on planet earth the one and only nation God was dealing with directly with regards to salvation is Israel. So whatever religion you practice aside from what God stated for this people is worthless before the true God. Now the same Israelites had issues within them and they divided ten out of twelve separated themselves as the northern Israel known as Samaritans in Jesus' days while the remaining three tribes (including Levites) were in the south known as Jews. So there was an ongoing contention between the two nations, the Samaritans believed that since they're also Israelites (descendants of Jacob) God approves their worship but the Jews kept insisting that any form of worship aside from what involves the Levitical priesthood is Idolatry.
This contention lasted for centuries and the Jews despices the Samaritans for this reason.

Well a certain Samaritan woman was curious so she kept nursing this thing deeply in her heart until one day that she's so fortunate to meet the promised Messiah (Christ) one on one at Jacob's well! undecided

So after perceiving that Jesus is a prophet of God she threw the question bothering her mind for years at Jesus:

The woman said to (Jesus): “Sir, I see that you are a prophet. Our forefathers worshipped on this mountain, but you people say that in Jerusalem is the place where people must worship.”  Jesus said to her: “Believe me, woman, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews! John 4:19-22

This was Jesus himself declaring that God has always had a choice in the form of worship we engage in! Genesis 4:3-5
Even Jesus when he walked the earth shows that he is selective when it comes to the matter of salvation:

These 12 Jesus sent out, giving them these instructions: “Do not go off into the road of the nations, and do not enter any Sa·marʹi·tan city; but instead, go continually to the lost sheep of the house of Israel! Matthew 10:5-6

He answered: “I was not sent to anyone except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” Matthew 15:25

Time and time again Jesus demonstrated that the person that sent him had a particular people in mind in respect to salvation!

The woman was a Greek, a Sy·ro·phoe·niʹcian by nationality; and she kept asking him to expel the demon from her daughter. But he said to her: “First let the children be satisfied, for it is not right to take the bread of the children and throw it to the little dogs.” Mark 7:26-27

In all of these Jesus proved again and again that there's a form of worship that you must engage in before God recognizes you as part of His own people! John 4:24

So don't deceive yourself thinking salvation could be found in any form of worship, you must belong to a certain group of people and practice the same sacred service with them before you can be saved! John 3:16; 17:3

Another interesting debate, I believe Mathew 18:20 says for when two or three are gathered in my name I am in their mist, does that mean the church is not an actual place but the church is a group of people? There are so many conflicting beliefs among what different church denominations practice today and this conflicting beliefs have caused a high level of seperation among people who practice the same thing, love is the most important virtue to have after we become born again and seek salvation that is the same virtue lacking today in some churches.
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Obasempiree(m): 2:56pm On Jul 20, 2021
trillest1960:
God has no concern with whatever religion you practice... If the devotion in your heart is true God himself will pull you to himself.

Interesting, so we dnt need to accept Christ for us to be saved?
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2021
Obasempiree:

Another interesting debate, I believe Mathew 18:20 says for when two or three are gathered in my name I am in their mist, does that mean the church is not an actual place but the church is a group of people? There are so many conflicting beliefs among what different church denominations practice today and this conflicting beliefs have caused a high level of seperation among people who practice the same thing, love is the most important virtue to have after we become born again and seek salvation that is the same virtue lacking today in some churches.

The truth is there is just one group of true Christians today on earth just as it was in the first century. Satan only created false religion and multiplied them into so many sects all claiming Christians. 2Corinthians 11:12-14

The true Christians surely have LOVE, JOY and PEACE permeating their gathering, it's Satan's agents disguising as worshipers of God that can't produce the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit! Matthew 7:16-18 compare to Galatians 5:22-23
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by maximunimpact(m): 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The truth is there is just one group of true Christians today on earth just as it was in the first century. Satan only created false religion and multiplied them into so many sects all claiming Christians. 2Corinthians 11:12-14

The true Christians surely have LOVE, JOY and PEACE permeating their gathering, it's Satan's agents disguising as worshipers of God that can't produce the FRUIT of God's Holy Spirit! Matthew 7:16-18 compare to Galatians 5:22-23

True believers grin

“Jehovah God is the Grand Identifier of his true messengers. He identifies them by making the messages he delivers through them come true. Jehovah is also the Great Exposer of false messengers. How does he expose them? He frustrates their signs and predictions. In this way he shows that they are self-appointed prognosticators, whose messages really spring from their own false reasoning – yes, their own fleshly thinking!” (Watchtower, 1997 May 1, pg. 8 ).
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by maximunimpact(m): 3:27pm On Jul 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

This confusion is made by so call true religion that MaxInDHouse belongs to:

But if anyone is going to argue it they better do it right without speaking from both sides of their mouth like watch-tower did below:

Is Jesus supposed to be worshipped or not?

Yes, Jesus is supposed to be worshipped:

Question : The fact that our Lord received worship is claimed by some to be an evidence that while on earth he was God the Father disguised in a body of flesh and not really a man. Was he really worshiped, or is the translation faulty?

Answer: Yes, we believe our Lord Jesus while on earth was really worshiped, and properly so . . . It was proper for our Lord to receive worship in view of his having been the only begotten of the Father, and his agent in the creation of all things, including man,” (Watchtower, July 15, 1898, p. 216).

“For example, to which one of the angels did he ever say: ‘You are my Son; today I have become your Father’? And again: ‘I shall be a Father to him, and he will be a Son to me’? But when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: ‘And let all God’s angels worship him,'” (New Heavens and a New Earth, 1953, p. 27-28).

No, Jesus is not supposed to be worshipped:

“He taught men, not to worship him, but to worship Jehovah his Father . . . ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God,'” (Make Sure of All Things, p. 283).

“What I learned was so different from what I had heard at the “Christian” school I had attended. Jehovah’s Witnesses do not worship Jesus. Rather, they worship Almighty God, the One that Jesus himself worshipped,” (Awake, Dec. 22, 1987, p. 22).
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by achorladey: 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2021
Obasempiree:

Very interesting I love the teachings of Jesus, he demonstrated his teachings in his actions as a living example and it is clearly started in John 14:6 no one comes to the father except through him, I still dnt know why the teachings of Paul, John and some other prophets and apostles are being so emphasized more than the teachings of Jesus today.

The model to follow is already given even the apostles who lived after the death of Christ stated that clearly. But man will always sort out ways that it ends leads to death to himself and those following such men.

Looking at the words of James 1:27 earlier it captures the summary of what God wants the Israelites to do before Jesus came and after. Jesus you will agree did all what James stated and kept himself blameless from the world.
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Obasempiree(m): 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Quite well u have full idea what you are saying seeing your biblical references but the true Christians you say today are very few and far fetched that's why we are encouraged not to judge Mathew7:1 that's the only way we could have have complete submission to God with the fruit of the spirit Galatians 5:22-23, God knows the human nature isnt perfect but the deviation we have today in religious gatherings have put us on course away from love and the truth, everything we have seen in from the book revelation by John is gradually playing out but then again the world needs help real help.
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Shawl001(m): 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2021
Obasempiree:

Truth is, God doesn't care about your religion. All He is interested in is, that you have received the Life of the Son (Jesus Christ) into your heart and you've confessed Him as your Lord and Savior. That's what will count when everything ends.
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by trillest1960: 8:57pm On Jul 20, 2021
Obasempiree:

Interesting, so we dnt need to accept Christ for us to be saved?
Of course As a christian your devotion to christ is needed for salvation on ur path, it'll be ignorant nd stupid of you to suppose that people of other paths are doomed... See this is exactly the problem with religion, it is not practical, it is mere theory and all u people ever want to do is prove that your own theory is the truth without any concrete basis... If religion is practical a man wld hv no interest to prove the doctrine of his religion because he'll be busy practicing it and that practice is the real prove.. Mind you, christ is more than a personality, he is the abstraction of truth, he is the way the truth and the life remember?? Christ himself said that only the truth will set man free.. Weather u believe in the man called jesus or not if your desire for the ultimate truth of existence is burning enough then by that quality personified by christ which is grace will decend nd guide one to emancipation weather you're a muslim or budhist or whatever religion u practice. �
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:05pm On Jul 20, 2021
Obasempiree:

Quite well u have full idea what you are saying seeing your biblical references but the true Christians you say today are very few and far fetched that's why we are encouraged not to judge Mathew7:1 that's the only way we could have have complete submission to God with the fruit of the spirit Galatians 5:22-23, God knows the human nature isnt perfect but the deviation we have today in religious gatherings have put us on course away from love and the truth, everything we have seen in from the book revelation by John is gradually playing out but then again the world needs help real help.

Jesus said we should not judge because the same kind of judgment you render is what you will get in return! Matthew 7:1

The judgment Jesus meant here when you're against your fellow believer with whom you share the same line of thought but due to his/her shortcomings you are castigating him. All of us have shortcomings so it's totally wrong to start castigating your fellow believers over their shortcomings. Luke 18:10-14

But in this case we are talking about a whole assembly of worshipers claiming they belong to the same God with another assembly of religionists while their doctrines and teachings is totally conflicting! John 4:20-22

Jesus gave us marks of identification to know the true Christian assembly today so if you're interested you and i can consider those marks together then you can later figure out the rest on your own! smiley
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by maximunimpact(m): 9:13pm On Jul 20, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus said we should not judge because the same kind of judgment you render is what you will get in return! Matthew 7:1

The judgment Jesus meant here when you're against your fellow believer with whom you share the same line of thought but due to his/her shortcomings you are castigating him. All of us have shortcomings so it's totally wrong to start castigating your fellow believers over their shortcomings. Luke 18:10-14

But in this case we are talking about a whole assembly of worshipers claiming they belong to the same God with another assembly of religionists while their doctrines and teachings is totally conflicting! John 4:20-22

Jesus gave us marks of identification to know the true Christian assembly today so if you're interested we can consider those marks then you can now figure out the rest on your own! smiley

It's well documented that JWs have made many predictions that fail to come to pass, for example they said amageddom will happen in 1975 but the year came and nothing happened!

Now see below what watchtower have to say about false predictions:

“Jehovah God is the Grand Identifier of his true messengers. He identifies them by making the messages he delivers through them come true. Jehovah is also the Great Exposer of false messengers. How does he expose them? He frustrates their signs and predictions. In this way he shows that they are self-appointed prognosticators, whose messages really spring from their own false reasoning – yes, their own fleshly thinking!” (Watchtower, 1997 May 1, pg. 8 ).

In light of the above quote from Watch Tower, putting into consideration of all predictions made by Watch-tower that have failed to come to pass do you think they are true messengers of Jehovah?
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Myer(m): 12:20am On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Your churches are built on the doctrines and traditions of men, that which Jesus Christ declared were antichrist and an abomination to God. So what good can come of that which is against God? None! undecided

Going to church only assures you a place in Hell, not Heaven as that which is against God cannot be where God is. undecided

Lol this is where you often create enemies with church-goers.

No where in the bible does it say going to he church is wrong.
In fact it is encouraged that you fellowship with other believers to help strengthen you as iron sharpens iron.

However like you rightly adjudged, most churches have become perverted and turned to businesses and social gatherings which often times defeats the purpose of church.

And this was what Jesus himself came to fight when he attacked the established "church system" in his own days.

Note. Though Jesus attacked the temples.
He himself had his own church.
His church being a gathering/fellowship of his followers.
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Kobojunkiee: 6:13am On Jul 21, 2021
Myer:

Lol this is where you often create enemies with church-goers.

No where in the bible does it say going to he church is wrong.
In fact it is encouraged that you fellowship with other believers to help strengthen you as iron sharpens iron.

However like you rightly adjudged, most churches have become perverted and turned to businesses and social gatherings which often times defeats the purpose of church.

And this was what Jesus himself came to fight when he attacked the established "church system" in his own days.

Note. Though Jesus attacked the temples.
He himself had his own church.
His church being a gathering/fellowship of his followers.
You have to pay close attention to the message so you are not lost..

Your churches are built on the doctrines and traditions of men, that which Jesus Christ declared were antichrist and an abomination to God. So what good can come of that which is against God? None! undecided

Going to church only assures you a place in Hell, not Heaven as that which is against God cannot be where God is. undecided
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Myer(m): 6:18am On Jul 21, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
You have to pay close attention to the message so you are not lost..

Where should believers gather to worship God and learn of Christ since you claim going to church assures a place in hell and not heaven.
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Kobojunkie: 6:19am On Jul 21, 2021
Myer:

Where should believers gather to worship God and learn of Christ since you claim going to church assures a place in hell and not heaven.
Did Jesus Christ command "believers" to gather to worship God and learn of Him, the Christ? undecided
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by Kobojunkiee: 3:57pm On Aug 12, 2021
Myer:

Were believers told by Jesus Christ to gather and worship God, much like you do in your churches today, in His name? undecided
Did He command this of you? undecided
Re: Does God Care About The Religion You Belong To? by 22jumpstreet: 3:25pm On Aug 13, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religious Problems & Solutions / Nccf Jigawa State / Religion Illustrated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.