Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,355 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) (75181 Views)

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die / Bishop Abioye In Winners Chapel's Jet Enroute A Mission Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by ogascomax: 8:32am On Jul 19, 2021
BiggyB242:

Is the soul purpose of a church to increase in number or win souls for Christ irrespective of the church they decide to attend. Winners are so desperate to have a large population. They know an increase in growth is equivalent to an increase in income.

When you don't have understanding about church institution you can afford this type of talk. Go and read your Bible and see how the church grow in the book of Acts. Read from Acts 2-5 chapters and see. You don't evening understand soul winning. Who are you winning the souls for, you think is to lead some one to Christ, that is when soul winning ends. Learn something today, that is if you are ready to learn. A soul as been completely won when the person start doing what you are doing. When you win a soul, you bring them to the church where you can build, train them and send them back to become a soul winner themselves. If I win you and leave you how do I monitor your growth. Those that the apostles won the Bible says and they continue in the Apostles doctrines and the church increase daily. The church is about expansion. Many of you are just christians that know nothing about the structure of the kingdom of God. Always looking for who to attack and they know nothing thinking that they know lots.

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Wickedfact: 8:32am On Jul 19, 2021
rollywise:
You found excuse not to go to church or pay offering/tithe. I lie?����

Which Church did Jesus attend?
Who were the Apostles paying tithes to?
You that you're paying tithe, look at your life. How are you better than those not paying tithe?

6 Likes

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by rollywise(m): 8:32am On Jul 19, 2021
Not at all. They didn't stop him from being a pastor elsewhere. Many of them know the standard before even applying. Winners resident pastors see full time.

Mrozark:

You made alot of sense. But my question is does his being a pastor stop him from working?

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by lilyheaven: 8:33am On Jul 19, 2021
They are branch managers grin

2 Likes

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Allwell96: 8:33am On Jul 19, 2021
rittanie:
I thought been a pastor is a calling..imagine them sack your calling.
They didn't stop them from being pastors...
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 19, 2021
eRex:
Were the "generating income" part ...

What I see is "growth index"

Una sabi interprete sha...

Me too. There's nothing to it.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 19, 2021
rittanie:

You've not experienced life.

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:34am On Jul 19, 2021
Lifestone:

Your choice Bro, we that still go to Church, it's our choice.
I promise you, time will tell
yes my choice and most of you going to that church are not close to my righteousness

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by seyz91(m): 8:35am On Jul 19, 2021
cheesy

Heaven my foot undecided

You think say heaven sure for even pastors sef

Na where una hear say dem dey prepare una for heaven before undecided
ogaemma:
I hope they give them their pay off and benefits.
The hustle is real.
If you still think the churches of now are days is for soul winning or prepare people for heaven, then you are a MUGU.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by judedwriter(m): 8:35am On Jul 19, 2021
shocked

So it's true...

I remember my experiences as a "marketing" pastor

But thanks to God, I'm better off today.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by seyz91(m): 8:35am On Jul 19, 2021
grin
phemmyfour:
open your eyes
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Nonexisting1: 8:36am On Jul 19, 2021
rittanie:

2 Likes

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Judolisco(m): 8:37am On Jul 19, 2021
Ceenachi:
Read the letter well, it didnt say money, but church growth. May be members have been leaving or the church hasn't been growing which means, they don't go out for evangelism and do kingdom advancement prayers.
They didnt sack them cause of money but for church growth.
I'm not a member of winners but read the letter very well before concluding and say its cause of money

Oyedopo grew d church and should not keep idiots in d name of pastors to destroy his labour in d vein yard of God.

If u are pastor in Assemblies of God they will give u demotional transfer .

If u must be a pastor preach to ur family members and people in ur street gradually u will have a congregation again
God grew the church not Oyedepo

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by ogascomax: 8:38am On Jul 19, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

The function of the church is not to win souls. It is to preach the gospel, and feed the souls that God brings to the church. The winning of souls part is don't by God Himself.

What are you talking self. Do you know the meaning of soul winning. Sometimes I wonder where some of you guys are coming from or who you are listening to. The spirit of God can bring the conviction in their heart but the one that wins them are the persons who do the preaching. Prov 11:30, Read Dan 12:3, read 2 Cor 5:18&19.
Before you are talking what you don't know.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by pafra(m): 8:38am On Jul 19, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
If this is all about God, why measure this church growth you speak of? undecided

Did God say "church growth" is of importance? Did God assign anyone "kingdom advancement" tasks, assuming here you are referring to God's Kingdom of not Man's kingdom? undecided

What is oyedepo's labour in this? the growing of His kingdom/business here on earth or some assignment that God assigned him in secret? undecided

You are missing it.

The primary reason for church exist is to win souls then equipped the soul won to win souls. Jesus said church growth is important. "Any branch that does not bear fruit is cut away"

You lack understanding of the bible.

What is" God assignment" his assignment is soul winning.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by sonofElElyon: 8:39am On Jul 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Interpret "growth index" for us

Church planting.. new branches..
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by prophetfire: 8:40am On Jul 19, 2021
Tareq1105:

Some idiots were on the platform yesterday saying bcuz the pastor was not bringing enough tithes and offerings.

Church growth is critical bcoz that's the essence of the gospel.

Living Faith Church headquarters funds its branches and pay salaries directly.

If you were commissioned last July and a year after, you cannot bost of 10 regular members then you're underperforming.

And again, remember 10,141 pastors were engaged in 2020 and 40 (less than 1%) were disengaged a year after for underperformance, I think it's fair.

The problem I observed here is bcoz it's church and, more so, Oyedepo is involved.
. And that's the reason why churches should not open branches anyhow. It takes money to run it and by the time you open churches in every nook and cranny you will be under financial pressure. Churches are meant to teach and disciple people in any location they find themselves, no matter the number of persons that attend it. It doesn't have to be a crowd. Churches use crowd to deceive themselves that they are performing. It's not crowd that God uses to validate a person's work but obedience and faithfulness. As long as the pastor is obedient and faithful to the assignment, he should not be sacked. However our churches of today are more interested in large buildings, financial enlargement, crowd, and my Mercedes is bigger than yours mentality. Guiding souls in the way of God pales into insignificance to them when it's not in a place that is financially rewarding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by sonofElElyon: 8:41am On Jul 19, 2021
seyz91:
cheesy

Heaven my foot undecided

You think say heaven sure for even pastors sef

Na where una hear say dem dey prepare una for heaven before undecided

The bolded pass your mouth
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by PIMPAR: 8:42am On Jul 19, 2021
phemmyfour:
Do you even understand what the conversation was all about before you quote me? You are just impossible
You must defend Oledepo at all cost

2 Likes

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by NairaMaster1(m): 8:43am On Jul 19, 2021
oloriooko:
Growth index should include numerical church growth which will translate to financial church growth

Not true Sir.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Minjim: 8:44am On Jul 19, 2021
Well, growth index is subject to many interpretations. The letter wasn't specific on a particular area. Whether is population growth or Financial growth.

As such, I find it hard to take any side.

Be that as it may, the top leaders of the church should be aware of the competition of running a church in this generation. There are churches in almost all the streets of Lagos. And I heard it's even more than that in the East and NigerDelta regions. That's why some pastors now orchestrated their miracles

God wants all to he saved no doubt but He doesn't deal just crowds.
If a few are genuine believers, to God, they're better than a crowd of fake believers
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by agabusta: 8:44am On Jul 19, 2021
WibusJaga:
Nothing wrong with appraising the performance of pastors & reposting them. Even Christ in the Parable of Talents did same.

However, the title & tone of the letter is rather hash. Letter of Redeployment would have been better.

Same thing I opined. Just like in the military they should have Just re-posted them to the HQ.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Skillsnigeria: 8:44am On Jul 19, 2021
Anything NIGERIA is always different
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by NairaMaster1(m): 8:44am On Jul 19, 2021
rittanie:

They joined because there's not job, and, that's why their branches are not growing.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by NoFap123: 8:44am On Jul 19, 2021
Ishilove:
This is the reason why I wanted to see the letter before commenting. Church growth index is not the same as 'income generation' or whatever the heck was circulating on the internet.

Why sack him over a metric he can't control? He can preach, evangelize and all but he can't force people into his church. Morever, the end goal should be soul winning and not church winning..

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by PAPAFEELERS: 8:45am On Jul 19, 2021
Ceenachi:
Read the letter well, it didnt say money, but church growth. May be members have been leaving or the church hasn't been growing which means, they don't go out for evangelism and do kingdom advancement prayers.
They didnt sack them cause of money but for church growth.
I'm not a member of winners but read the letter very well before concluding and say its cause of money

Oyedopo grew d church and should not keep idiots in d name of pastors to destroy his labour in d vein yard of God.

If u are pastor in Assemblies of God they will give u demotional transfer .

If u must be a pastor preach to ur family members and people in ur street gradually u will have a congregation again

What does church growth translate to? loss or profit making

0yibo that brough christianity to africa has moved on, now dey are venturing into space and other planetary bodies while we africans still wallow in religion that they brought in the 17 century as a colonial strategy to colonize blacks.

So annoying that in this modern day we still have buffoons defending church business even in the face on mounting evidence of the frauds and money making venture going on.

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by chris51(f): 8:45am On Jul 19, 2021
It's now I am convinced that these churches are business centres.

2 Likes

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by oloriooko(m): 8:45am On Jul 19, 2021
Tell me what's true

NairaMaster1:

Not true Sir.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by rollywise(m): 8:46am On Jul 19, 2021
Offering and tithe is a commandment in the bible. If you attend a church at all, you'll probably be attending one beautiful church with good edifice. Those interments, beautiful chairs, the air condition, name them. I guess they were burrowed on a free right? Hypocrite. Do you want me to show you places in the bible where people gave their all? Someone even sold his own land and decided not to give all after intending to give all, he died for that action lol. What gave you given that you feel you have the moral ground to judge?

Wickedfact:

Which Church did Jesus attend?
Who were the Apostles paying tithes to?
You that you're paying tithe, look at your life. How are you better than those not paying tithe?
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:48am On Jul 19, 2021
BiggyB242:

Is the soul purpose of a church to increase in number or win souls for Christ irrespective of the church they decide to attend. Winners are so desperate to have a large population. They know an increase in growth is equivalent to an increase in income.
Nigerian churches is in dire need of revival my brother.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Minjim: 8:49am On Jul 19, 2021
oloriooko:
Growth index should include numerical church growth which will translate to financial church growth
Nothing necessarily true. There are certain dynamics.

A church with a few people that are high income earners will be more financially buoyant than one with many low income earners.

During offering in some church a rich man usually makes his offering not less than 5k. Imagine if you have just 10 of such.
That 5k is the total offering some churches get at a service

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Noah's ark Hunters Claim boat Found in Mountains Using 3D Scans(Pics) / Scientists Reportedly Discover Gate To Hell (picture) / Church Of Satan Replies Nigerian Man Who Wants To Join Illuminati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.