Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) (75193 Views)

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die / Bishop Abioye In Winners Chapel's Jet Enroute A Mission Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:50am On Jul 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Read earlier thread https://www.nairaland.com/6655958/bishop-oyedepo-sacks-40-pastors#103813771

Picture of Sacked Letter of Pastor in Winners Chapel for not generating enough Income

One of the letters reads in part, “Consequent upon the recent performance reviews which revealed that your church growth index falls below expectations.

“Please be informed that your services as a pastor in charge are no longer required from this commission with immediate effect.

“You are to vacate the official accommodation (where applicable) and hand over all properties of the ministry in your custody, including your staff identity card to the area pastor before departure.

“May you find grace for a new beginning. Peace.”

grin grin grin

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by VTJN(m): 8:51am On Jul 19, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
I like morayos stance on this matter
i swear

She's perfectly right

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by rollywise(m): 8:51am On Jul 19, 2021
I refuse to slap sense into you. Go work for your sense. I struggled to get mine. Today I suffer so my child wouldn't suffer. Mind you, hec has a son right here with in on ota. He could be in the USA, but he's here.
Winners will never force you to give. We got no tithe card like others. No special group that contributes a dime in church. No Levy. You do as your might and spirit leads. What is your problem

Wickedfact:
[s][/s]

Winners Chapel Nigeria Limited. Oyedepo and Sons Business Enterprises.

Oyedepo refused to move his children to the upcountry branches to be hustling for members and scraping of pennies from members, he made them Pastors in first world countries. It is a pity that hypocrisy and foolishness has blinded you lot from saying the truth.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Tekzyflex(m): 8:51am On Jul 19, 2021
ThankGod I don't go to church! Growth index kee you there. Growth in this context means people(their money). Religion go kill Nigerians one day.

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:52am On Jul 19, 2021
BiggyB242:

Is the soul purpose of a church to increase in number or win souls for Christ irrespective of the church they decide to attend. Winners are so desperate to have a large population. They know an increase in growth is equivalent to an increase in income.
They wouldn't mind having fraudsters, yahoo boys and professional prostitutes as members all in the name having numerical strength. What a shame.

2 Likes

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Gravity56: 8:53am On Jul 19, 2021
Benue State When Hausa and Fulani people don slaughter all the indegenes finish . Na spirit on attend church service ?

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Acidosis(m): 8:53am On Jul 19, 2021
We will keep making mistakes if we continue to interpret what we don't understand. Growth index could mean anything with different KPIs.

The only justifiable reason should be issues related to commitment of the pastor in charge, not necessarily the volume of the congregation. There's little anyone can do to grow the church. If membership rate is declining because of the pastor's attitude, commitment, knowledge, turnout to services, etc. then Winners chapel reserves the right to dismiss. Anything short of that is wrong.

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Wickedfact: 8:53am On Jul 19, 2021
rollywise:
Offering and tithe is a commandment in the bible. If you attend a church at all, you'll probably be attending one beautiful church with good edifice. Those interments, beautiful chairs, the air condition, name them. I guess they were burrowed on a free right? Hypocrite. Do you want me to show you places in the bible where people gave their all? Someone even sold his own land and decided not to give all after intending to give all, he died for that action lol. What gave you given that you feel you have the moral ground to judge?

When less intelligent beings like you are cornered with superior arguments, you shout don't judge.
Church buildings are NOT built with tithes and offerings. All churches in Nigeria collect special offerings, pledges and stuff for building. There is no church that erected buildings with tithes and offerings.
Talking about someone selling his land, if you had knowledge of the Bible and not doing houseboy to a backslider, you will know that Ananias was not punished for not giving all the proceeds, he was punished for LYING that he gave all.
Bible, you don't know. Sense, you don't have. That is why Satan finds it easy to use your lives to play tennis.

4 Likes

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by seyz91(m): 8:54am On Jul 19, 2021
Yea sorry my bad
sonofElElyon:

The bolded pass your mouth

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Laslaslala: 8:54am On Jul 19, 2021
rittanie:
I thought been a pastor is a calling..imagine them sack your calling.
If you don't know anything stop being a keyboard nuisance
Nobody sacked his calling
God self sabi sack unproductive people pass anything
Depart from you you unfaithful servant
Abi e no dey your Bible
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 19, 2021
Ceenachi:
Read the letter well, it didnt say money, but church growth. May be members have been leaving or the church hasn't been growing which means, they don't go out for evangelism and do kingdom advancement prayers.
They didnt sack them cause of money but for church growth.
I'm not a member of winners but read the letter very well before concluding and say its cause of money

Oyedopo grew d church and should not keep idiots in d name of pastors to destroy his labour in d vein yard of God.

If u are pastor in Assemblies of God they will give u demotional transfer .

If u must be a pastor preach to ur family members and people in ur street gradually u will have a congregation again

And you said you are not a member of Winners but you know what we call "Kingdom advancement prayers". Only in winners I have heard this term used.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Ishilove: 8:55am On Jul 19, 2021
lakefist:

Youths of today can't think on their own. They just follow bandwagon. I also waited before i made a comment. I was expecting to see Income or money in the letter.
There is so much falsehood in the media of today that I'm always sceptical of virtually everything I read online

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Matrixoba: 8:56am On Jul 19, 2021
Does the scriptures not state "I planted, Apollos watered. But God made it grow"?
So who measures the growth index as number of new members when it is God that controls that factor?
Is the pastor supposed to take over God's responsibility and make it grow?
This sack is all about money �����.
I dey Oba dey observe
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Stanweezy(m): 8:56am On Jul 19, 2021
Ceenachi:
Read the letter well, it didnt say money, but church growth. May be members have been leaving or the church hasn't been growing which means, they don't go out for evangelism and do kingdom advancement prayers.
They didnt sack them cause of money but for church growth.
I'm not a member of winners but read the letter very well before concluding and say its cause of money

Oyedopo grew d church and should not keep idiots in d name of pastors to destroy his labour in d vein yard of God.

If u are pastor in Assemblies of God they will give u demotional transfer .

If u must be a pastor preach to ur family members and people in ur street gradually u will have a congregation again

That's why I will always remain a Catholic no matter the kind hogwash preaching all this Pentecostal ppl carry reach my side.

I allow them to preach for me no matter the hour they use but at the end I end up in my Catholic church.

If it were Catholic if they observe u pull crowd they post u to new church where u will continue the Gods work and the ones that are not buoyant will always have assistant priest.

No priest stay permanently in a church, no matter how good the priest is

If Mbaka were to be Pentecostal pastor, by now they would have sacked him.

I love Catholic and I will remain their till death
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Wickedfact: 8:58am On Jul 19, 2021
rollywise:
I refuse to slap sense into you. Go work for your sense. I struggled to get mine. Today I suffer so my child wouldn't suffer. Mind you, hec has a son right here with in on ota. He could be in the USA, but he's here.
Winners will never force you to give. We got no tithe card like others. No special group that contributes a dime in church. No Levy. You do as your might and spirit leads. What is your problem.

Go and slap sense into your elders at home, you foolish mongrel.
What is Oyedepo's son doing in Ota? Is that not the HQ where the business interests lie? Oyedepo should have sent him to Nkalagu, Shendam or Okemesi.
Shebi Church business is now hereditary and God's calling is now hereditary.
20 years from now, you will still be where you are shouting "I receive" while others have gone far in life. Dumb oaf.

4 Likes

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by NairaMaster1(m): 8:58am On Jul 19, 2021
oloriooko:
Tell me what's true

Hang yourself Sir
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by NoFap123: 8:58am On Jul 19, 2021
ogascomax:

When you don't have understanding about church institution you can afford this type of talk. Go and read your Bible and see how the church grow in the book of Acts. Read from Acts 2-5 chapters and see. You don't evening understand soul winning. Who are you winning the souls for, you think is to lead some one to Christ, that is when soul winning ends. Learn something today, that is if you are ready to learn. A soul as been completely won when the person start doing what you are doing. When you win a soul, you bring them to the church where you can build, train them and send them back to become a soul winner themselves. If I win you and leave you how do I monitor your growth. Those that the apostles won the Bible says and they continue in the Apostles doctrines and the church increase daily. The church is about expansion. Many of you are just christians that know nothing about the structure of the kingdom of God. Always looking for who to attack and they know nothing thinking that they know lots.

I am glad you said to the church and not your church. In other words, the new convert can decide to attend another Bible believing church
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by noble2faith(m): 8:59am On Jul 19, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:
It's 2021 and some idiots still believe there's a "God" up there ...

No wonder these thieving, cunning pastors keep milking you fools.

I weep for the future of humanity.

SMH.

Righteousness2, Werey! What do you have to say?

Na a whole righteousness u dey address werey! grin
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by hardbody: 8:59am On Jul 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Read the letter painstakingly:

One of the letters reads in part, “Consequent upon the recent performance reviews which revealed that your church growth index falls below expectations.

“Please be informed that your services as a pastor in charge are no longer required from this commission with immediate effect.

“You are to vacate the official accommodation (where applicable) and hand over all properties of the ministry in your custody, including your staff identity card to the area pastor before departure.

This (bolded) only happens when one is either resigning or being fired. All these people twisting the narratives can't just stand for the truth for once.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by iamdapsyj(m): 9:00am On Jul 19, 2021
phemmyfour:
open your eyes

Our understanding is quite different from each other. He doesn't know that the pastor can still do his calling privately without the Living Faith Church.....
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by lovebishop(m): 9:00am On Jul 19, 2021
eRex:
Were the "generating income" part ...

What I see is "growth index"

Una sabi interprete sha...

What does "CHURCH GROWTH INDEX falling BELOW EXPECTATIONS" mean, from the letter's perspective? What are these "EXPECTATIONS"?
An understanding of the contextual framework of the author of the letter, and its receiver, is the only key to understanding its meaning.
Furthermore, only 2 parties here, are privy to the actual meaning and intent of the letter, viz: The Author, and The Receiver (in this case, the pastor(s)).
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by TruthinAction: 9:00am On Jul 19, 2021
Henrydonland:
That is why I don't carry church on my head, I'd rather pray in my house.

Two wrongs cannot make a right. You still need to part of a fellowship group. This is instruction from the Lord. Hebrews 10:25-31. Violating it will cost you your soul.

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 19, 2021
Its not about salvation,

Its not about soul winning,

Its not about prosperity.

Its business, money.

The god of oyedepo is broke after all, if not why sack these ministers if you don't need worshippers money?

Its all a con, FG can start taxing churches they have my support.

As if the church put these pastors on a pension plan.

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by akdjr(m): 9:02am On Jul 19, 2021
[Did you attend economics at all in secondary school? quote author=eRex post=103844664]Were the "generating income" part ...

[/quote]
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by thinkmoney(m): 9:02am On Jul 19, 2021
eRex:
Were the "generating income" part ...

A pastor that was sacked explained the said growth to mean low money generation

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by abeliver: 9:02am On Jul 19, 2021
oloriooko:
Growth index should include numerical church growth which will translate to financial church growth

who translate am to finances?

no put ur head for wetin u fit understand
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Restructure9ja(m): 9:02am On Jul 19, 2021
Henrydonland:
That is why I don't carry church on my head, I'd rather pray in my house.

You can't be a believer and ignore the church (gathering)[color=#006600][/color]
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Buharidgeneral: 9:03am On Jul 19, 2021
New forty church loading
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by iamdapsyj(m): 9:04am On Jul 19, 2021
hardbody:

This (bolded) only happens when one is either resigning or being fired. All these people twisting the narratives can't just stand for the truth for once.

Get understanding bro......yes, he is fired but he can continue is pastoring ministry but not with Living Faith. That is what that letter is saying.

Its just like sacking someone from a job doesn't mean they cannot continue their professional life. I honestly think this doesn't need arguments.

Na them sabi jo!!
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Acidosis(m): 9:04am On Jul 19, 2021
Tekzyflex:
ThankGod I don't go to church! Growth index kee you there. Growth in this context means people(their money). Religion go kill Nigerians one day.

In your context.

Let's even imagine that you're right. The pastor receives monthly salary, gets an apartment for himself and family (and maybe a car). If people did not drop money, how would he get that luxury? How will Oyedepo build more churches and homes for more pastors like him?
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by thinkmoney(m): 9:04am On Jul 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Read earlier thread https://www.nairaland.com/6655958/bishop-oyedepo-sacks-40-pastors#103813771

Picture of Sacked Letter of Pastor in Winners Chapel for not generating enough Income

You wont see righteousness respond to this kind of post...very sentimental, hypocritical and partisan somebody
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by AnI77: 9:04am On Jul 19, 2021
So, the LFCWW employs a pastor in August 2020 in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic, and he heads a church branch somewhere in Benue State - a State where Christians are not protected. This operational base is a place where known killers like Miyetti Allah and Fulani herdsmen are slaughtering people and burning churches on a daily basis, and Christians are regularly attacked. Then, by June 2021, you sack the same pastor for the low "church growth index". Is the LFCWW no longer making decisions based on rational thinking?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Noah's ark Hunters Claim boat Found in Mountains Using 3D Scans(Pics) / Scientists Reportedly Discover Gate To Hell (picture) / Church Of Satan Replies Nigerian Man Who Wants To Join Illuminati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.