Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) (75203 Views)

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die / Bishop Abioye In Winners Chapel's Jet Enroute A Mission Trip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by sangresan(m): 9:30am On Jul 19, 2021
rollywise:
Malachi 3:10
Proverbs 3:9-10
Proverbs 11:24
Please read them carefully

So, the church of Christ was in existence during the time Malachi was written?

You haven't read where Jesus said he came to establish a new covenant with the people?

You're referring to eras of 'temple worship' when sacrifices were burned at the temple in Jerusalem. They had a priestly order who collected those tithes.

But Jesus sacrificed himself to establish a new priestly order.

I will ask you again: who collected tithes from Paul, Peter, and John?

Sit down and read your Bible pls.

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by switspin(f): 9:32am On Jul 19, 2021
eRex:
Were the "generating income" part ...

What I see is "growth index"

Una sabi interprete sha...

None the less .... If he "employed" them, he can as well SACK them.... If e pain u.... Employ them yourself....

Or better still they can float their own church...

Nah bank work?, wahala dey

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by phemmyfour: 9:33am On Jul 19, 2021
iamdapsyj:

Our understanding is quite different from each other. He doesn't know that the pastor can still do his calling privately without the Living Faith Church.....
Exactly the point I m trying to make. If I sack you as an engineer in my Company, does that stop you from using the title elsewhere

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by faceland: 9:33am On Jul 19, 2021
sisisioge:
grin grin grin

We have heard the second side of the story and na same same. So they are to vacate their homes too....chai!

Nothing is free. They are not sending profile yet they are enjoying free accomodation.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by karkel(m): 9:34am On Jul 19, 2021
Even in benue state where fulani jihadist will slaughtering christians how the pastor no go get low inlow
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by phemmyfour: 9:34am On Jul 19, 2021
Ddokie:

Oga they have been sacked from the church. They are no longer pastors in the Church. How can you call someone a shepherd when he has no sheep?
fixed

The last time I checked, the sheep does not always reside in the Church
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by foreshore(m): 9:35am On Jul 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Read earlier thread https://www.nairaland.com/6655958/bishop-oyedepo-sacks-40-pastors#103813771

Picture of Sacked Letter of Pastor in Winners Chapel for not generating enough Income

One of the letters reads in part, “Consequent upon the recent performance reviews which revealed that your church growth index falls below expectations.

“Please be informed that your services as a pastor in charge are no longer required from this commission with immediate effect.

“You are to vacate the official accommodation (where applicable) and hand over all properties of the ministry in your custody, including your staff identity card to the area pastor before departure.

“May you find grace for a new beginning. Peace.”

Enemies of progress has said it's because they were not generating enough money for the Church but we can see clearly that it has to do with Church growth.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by SILVERLINES: 9:35am On Jul 19, 2021
eRex:

None the less .... If he "employed" them, he can as well SACK them.... If e pain u.... Employ them yourself....

this why you couldn't graduated from the University with a better grade
Simple growth index you couldn't understand
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by perdollar(m): 9:35am On Jul 19, 2021
This is y some desperate pastors do juju
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by hohafrank(m): 9:37am On Jul 19, 2021
Before commenting let the OP post the engagement letter to enable us see the terms of engagement.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Legendrysailor(m): 9:38am On Jul 19, 2021
lovebishop:

IN THE COMMISSION, ITS NOT A CALLING, PER SE... ONCE YOU HAVE A GOOD DEGREE (BSc/Masters, etc), and you've done all the Bible School and Certificate courses, and you're articulate and active in the church activities, homecell groups, etc , with a good reputation to boot... Nwanne, if you submit CV, they'll give you the job. That's why it's a salaried job.
It is the General Overseer that has the calling and vision. The pastors who submit CV and get employed,are only ENLISTED INTO THE VISION...

U are on point bro
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by hohafrank(m): 9:40am On Jul 19, 2021
Elzakzaky:

Stop trying to justify this. You and I know that the the growth index here is money
No.You are wrong.The church can't sack any pastor that has 500 members even though his returns is below #1,000 a week.Let us be reasonable for once.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Tekzyflex(m): 9:41am On Jul 19, 2021
Acidosis:

In your context.

Let's even imagine that you're right. The pastor receives monthly salary, gets an apartment for himself and family (and maybe a car). If people did not drop money, how would he get that luxury? How will Oyedepo build more churches and homes for more pastors like him?

The work of God is not a business center. Seriously, we are drifting from what Christianity stands for and what Christ stands for. You cannot force a horse to drink water.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by kiwi007: 9:44am On Jul 19, 2021
lovebishop:

IN THE COMMISSION, ITS NOT A CALLING, PER SE... ONCE YOU HAVE A GOOD DEGREE (BSc/Masters, etc), and you've done all the Bible School and Certificate courses, and you're articulate and active in the church activities, homecell groups, etc , with a good reputation to boot... Nwanne, if you submit CV, they'll give you the job. That's why it's a salaried job.
It is the General Overseer that has the calling and vision. The pastors who submit CV and get employed,are only ENLISTED INTO THE VISION...
God bless you
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by miqos02(m): 9:45am On Jul 19, 2021
rittanie:
I thought been a pastor is a calling.
depends on who called.

Lol
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by iswallker(m): 9:45am On Jul 19, 2021
Ceenachi:
Read the letter well, it didnt say money, but church growth. May be members have been leaving or the church hasn't been growing which means, they don't go out for evangelism and do kingdom advancement prayers.
They didnt sack them cause of money but for church growth.
I'm not a member of winners but read the letter very well before concluding and say its cause of money

Oyedopo grew d church and should not keep idiots in d name of pastors to destroy his labour in d vein yard of God.

If u are pastor in Assemblies of God they will give u demotional transfer .

If u must be a pastor preach to ur family members and people in ur street gradually u will have a congregation again

Deception is a sin and crime

Church growth is a broad term that means members finances activities etc all are related as a matter of fact you can't have finance without more members, or activity and you need finances to have more members too

To think of it - you think branches don't remit

Siddon there grin
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Coldie(m): 9:48am On Jul 19, 2021
If being a pastor is an official position that u can be sacked at anytime.

Why do people go to their fellow man in suit seating in an office to pray for them for miracles?
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by kiwi007: 9:48am On Jul 19, 2021
phemmyfour:
Exactly the point I m trying to make. If I sack you as an engineer in my Company, does that stop you from using the title elsewhere
Yes it can if you only trained me to work in your company alone. A God called pastor can easily start his/her church after been sacked by a commission but a trained particular commission pastor without God's calling but only Papa's anointing oil on their head might find it difficult to move ahead
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Coldie(m): 9:49am On Jul 19, 2021
iswallker:

Deception is a sin and crime

Church growth is a broad term that means members finances activities etc all are related as a matter of fact you can't have finance without more members, or activity and you need finances to have more members too

To think of it - you think branches don't remit

Siddon there grin
You said it all. If they have only 5 members but remit enuf money the headquarters is ok with the growth but if u have 100members and remit small money u are gone, your job there is to form more styles to get money from the congregation

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by BBBmall25: 9:49am On Jul 19, 2021
I thought been a pastor is a calling..imagine them sack your calling. But why all the confusions? Patiently waiting for some sheeples an their normal cook up defense grin tongue lipsrsealed
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by walexsho(m): 9:53am On Jul 19, 2021
Ceenachi:
Read the letter well, it didnt say money, but church growth. May be members have been leaving or the church hasn't been growing which means, they don't go out for evangelism and do kingdom advancement prayers.
They didnt sack them cause of money but for church growth.
I'm not a member of winners but read the letter very well before concluding and say its cause of money

Oyedopo grew d church and should not keep idiots in d name of pastors to destroy his labour in d vein yard of God.

If u are pastor in Assemblies of God they will give u demotional transfer .

If u must be a pastor preach to ur family members and people in ur street gradually u will have a congregation again

I reside in Otta and I know how their pastors lure non members with job or other means just to have more population. They will tell you initially that you don't need to attend their church service as a worker in their Businesses but story changes later. Once you step in hunger won't let you step out. I blame the victims for their misfortune cos it is stated on their employment form that they are converts, hence the Job is meant for convert.
If their pastors could be so desperate, it's a signal that they are employed as marketer and not for winning soul.

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by williams85(m): 9:54am On Jul 19, 2021
Religion is a scam! Know this and know peace....
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by BlackLaw: 9:54am On Jul 19, 2021
It's the "Peace" for me. �

Like you're fired. Peace ✌️
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by tegrianonigltd(m): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2021
eRex:

What is growth index
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by sangresan(m): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2021
Winners Chapel sacked their marketing managers for low performance....

1 Like

Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by pius49(m): 9:58am On Jul 19, 2021
Those of you saying read read read... Have you watched the video of the pastor that leaked this sacking
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by tegrianonigltd(m): 9:59am On Jul 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:

Interpret "growth index" for us

Now I know why buhari na Presido
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by Niorte: 9:59am On Jul 19, 2021
Excuse me, where did you see inability to generate income in the letter....

Church growth index was written there.

If you are a pastor and you cannot win 50 souls per year, then you probably don't carry grace or anointing.

Enough of being paid for work not done.

The work of the father require haste.

If you are working in a regular company and you do not meet target, will the company still keep you?

Church growth index includes, increase in church attendance, increase number of new workers while retaining the old, increase number of ministers, and also increase number of new converts. If this certainly increase, then tithes and offering will also increase...but tithes and offering are not the main reason or target.

If you are an employer, you must set target for your employees...it is on that basis that you can evaluate them....call it KPI.

Remember he who hires you can fire you.

Give God your best service.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by itoski(m): 9:59am On Jul 19, 2021
The painful aspect here is that he was sacked.
Why can't they have FAITH that the growth index will increase or did they ran out of Faith??
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by am4truth(m): 10:01am On Jul 19, 2021
richiemcgold:
what does it profit a pastor that cannot generate income and even make a profit. Have they forgotten that christian ministry is now a business entity and the main target of all business is to GENERATE PROFIT?

What does a befit a person who lack common sense? Growth is part of the characteristics of life. Can you employ someone who is not willing to improve your business despite several trainings?
Common sense is not common.
Re: The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) by isaacsegun(m): 10:02am On Jul 19, 2021
BiggyB242:

Is the soul purpose of a church to increase in number or win souls for Christ irrespective of the church they decide to attend. Winners are so desperate to have a large population. They know an increase in growth is equivalent to an increase in income.

You had the correct interpretation to the who scenario!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Noah's ark Hunters Claim boat Found in Mountains Using 3D Scans(Pics) / Scientists Reportedly Discover Gate To Hell (picture) / Church Of Satan Replies Nigerian Man Who Wants To Join Illuminati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.