Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,858 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires (14876 Views)

APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo / Southern And Northern Kaduna Agree To Split Kaduna State At Constitution Review / American Lady Asked Difference Between Igbo & Yoruba- See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by jimyjames(m): 10:05am On Jul 20, 2021
aribisala0:
Top it how? Explain
That is just what you want to believe
I am not a villager
Not everyone comes from a village
There is nothing more to explain , I spoke to you in plain language not codes
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 10:22am On Jul 20, 2021
jimyjames:

There is nothing more to explain , I spoke to you in plain language not codes

It is plain but it is just a fantastic wish
Explain the basis. What is it based on?
You can claim Ibos own Amazon and Intel
That is plain

but just plain foolishness
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by jimyjames(m): 10:43am On Jul 20, 2021
aribisala0:

It is plain but it is just a fantastic wish
Explain the basis. What is it based on?
You can claim Ibos own Amazon and Intel
That is plain

but just plain foolishness
I'm pretty sure you don't travel, travel and see things for yourself, a kid who claims he has never been to a village is poorly raised, children who are raised in front of a television in a lock and key fenced houses are confused kids
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 10:45am On Jul 20, 2021
jimyjames:

I'm pretty sure you don't travel, travel and see things for yourself, a kid who claims he has never been to a village is poorly raised, children who are raised in front of a television in a lock and key fenced houses are confused kids
Again another delusion
That is what you want to believe
You come online and tell an anonymous person you are pretty sure blabla bla

What does that say about your mental health?

Anyone who does not believe Ibos own TikTok does not travel
You cannot comprehend simple English. Who said they have never been to a village?

Ibos own Amazon
Ibos discovered Coronavirus
Ibos discovered the moon............
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by FacelessStuart: 10:54am On Jul 20, 2021
Is there really any obvious difference between them? I personally have always thought that it does not matter with what you have acquired millions of dollars. Whether it's underwear trading, or USA approved forex affiliate programs. In any case, I believe that money cannot be earned in an honest way.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by jude79(m): 3:48am On Jul 21, 2021
yanabasee1:

Asshole.... wealth transfer is wealth transfer and no matter the means you use... enriching others and changing their poverty status is what matters....

You can't be this stupid and be defensive of your foolishness...

Is like telling me that getting filled is different from eating to my satisfaction...

The guy is dense in ignorance, while he's still there deceiving himself thousands of Igbo boys will be settled by their masters this coming weekend to start a new life, in few years time, billionaires and millionaires will start emerging from them.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by iLegendd(m): 11:46pm On Jul 22, 2021
Muna4real:

Your political affluence and dominance have not helped your people. Go to your roots and teach them how you made money. That's how sensible people reason.

I love it when a girl spells and punctuates correctly like this. Come take a kiss. Not a free kiss sha. You've got to pay per kiss.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Muna4real(f): 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2021
iLegendd:

I love it when a girl spells and punctuates correctly like this. Come take a kiss. Not a free kiss sha. You've got to pay per kiss.

Crazy guy. I'll steal the kiss and you can't do nothing grin
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by iLegendd(m): 12:08am On Jul 23, 2021
Muna4real:

Crazy guy. I'll steal the kiss and you can't do nothing grin

See your punishment by the police below.

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Muna4real(f): 12:10am On Jul 23, 2021
iLegendd:

See your punishment by the police below.

grin
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by iLegendd(m): 12:10am On Jul 23, 2021
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by saajus: 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2021
Is your write up based on facts and figures (data)? If Northerners are that open handed to their fellow Northerners, why is the region D poverty capital of Nigeria. I've lived in the North before. All the description u gave Igbos fit the Northerners most. If there is one Billionaire in a locality in the North, d man won't mind sharing token(ridiculous money) every Friday. Everyone will be shouting rankadede. The ppl he's sharing d token too are satisfied. They won't hurt him, they will even be praying more for him than for themselves. Hausa/Fulani are contented in that area.

I am not Igbo but I know of Igbo trading program where you serve a Boss and he will establish you after a few years of serving him. According to stats, Igbo has d highest per capital in Nigeria. I have seen tons Hausa/Fulani beggers and some Yorubas, but I've never met one Igbo beggar. They may be existing in the SE but I've not met one in the SW.
One Achilles heels of d Igbos that I know is that they invest more outside than inside. I don't know may be it's d civil war PTSD that is causing that.. You know the majority of them lost almost everything in their region and have to start all over. Igbo Billionaires have investment outside their region than in their region.

rosinkkit:
90% of igbo millionaires and billionaires are EXTREMELY selfish. THEIR OWN FAMILIES SUFFER, apart from the wife and kids.

They rarely do anything for their own communities apart from maybe distribute rice and provisions to the villagers at christmas.

You will see an Igbo man worth several millions of dollars. Some of his brothers/cousins etc will still be hustling on the streets, some even hawking.

You never see that with northerners. Once one of them is rich, and you see the brothers, you won't even know the one that is the big shot, because they're all solid.

When they travel to Dubai, you'll see up to 20 of them at the airport, from Alhaji to his brothers, sisters, mum, dad, cousins, drivers, hairdressers, house helps etc.

An Igbo man, if he travels with anyone, na him wife and maybe his kids. Finish.

More often than not, he just sneaks out alone.

I think the refusal of wealthy Igbos to share their wealth among their relatives and close kinsmen is a reason for the continued marginalisation of Igbos in Nigeria. Political influence requires that you have a large base of well-to-do elite. When you restrict that elite to a tiny club of monied men, your base is weakened, and easy to manipulate. It is very easy for others to take advantage of your group.

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by rosinkkit: 11:00pm On Jul 23, 2021
saajus:
Is your write up based on facts and figures (data)? If Northerners are that open handed to their fellow Northerners, why is the region D poverty capital of Nigeria. I've lived in the North before. All the description u gave Igbos fit the Northerners most. If there is one Billionaire in a locality in the North, d man won't mind sharing token(ridiculous money) every Friday. Everyone will be shouting rankadede. The ppl he's sharing d token too are satisfied. They won't hurt him, they will even be praying more for him than for themselves. Hausa/Fulani are contented in that area.

I am not Igbo but I know of Igbo trading program where you serve a Boss and he will establish you after a few years of serving him. According to stats, Igbo has d highest per capital in Nigeria. I have seen tons Hausa/Fulani beggers and some Yorubas, but I've never met one Igbo beggar. They may be existing in the SE but I've not met one in the SW.
One Achilles heels of d Igbos that I know is that they invest more outside than inside. I don't know may be it's d civil war PTSD that is causing that.. You know the majority of them lost almost everything in their region and have to start all over. Igbo Billionaires have investment outside their region than in their region.

This is about sharing money and resources within their families to make their families more powerful and multi-generational. Think the Rothschilds. They can then combine with similar families to create Kaduna mafia - type entities that influence national policy from behind the scenes. This is about power politics, the way the big boys of the world play it, not this stuff you people are typing here about your apprenticeship systems for poor people.

The Kaduna Mafia has families which joined in the 1930s, and are still active today. Dynasties. Wealth passed through generations. Among Igbos it's more a case of when the big shot dies, it all goes downhill. You'll see his family fighting over his known possessions. Unknown possessions, such as some of his foreign accounts, disappear for good.

The entire family must be made a corporation, so that the passing of the founder does not lead to the demise of the corporation and its interests.

Think the Gambino family.

For this, the mentality of ''I suffered for my money, go and suffer for yours'' is inappropriate and counter-productive.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by rosinkkit: 4:33am On Jul 24, 2021
Educationalserv:
the dantata family is the wealthiest family in Nigeria. If u have any family name it ? Dangote,Aminu dantata ,dantata and sawoe , Mrs oil plc ,adnadayyria farm (biggest in Nigeria) usman dantata, Nasiru dantatan ,adbdulkadir dantata .northern Nigeria flour mills , Mohammed dantata dancola,dansa juice,mamadu dantata founder of wapa currency exchange. Illo dantata owner of belmari dreging , dini dantata owner red star petroluum. Audu dantata owns 200 trucks

Thank you very much. This is what I'm talking about.

Alhassan Dantata did not say to his family, ''I worked for my millions, go and work for yours..''

He built a family corporation, in which financial resources were shared freely for business pursuits, leading to multiple millionaires, billionaires, and business tycoons in the family. That's why they are such a powerful and influential family today, and of course, are long time members of the Kaduna Mafia.

I can't think of ONE Igbo family that has done this with its wealth.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by saajus: 9:28pm On Jul 26, 2021
My brother, this mentality of ''I suffered for my money, go and suffer for yours'' is not bad. You are right, Igbos don't like to give people fish, they like to teach people how to fish. That's why if one of them is even into illegal biz, he would bring all his family and friends into it. Instead of giving them chop-chop money, he will expose them to the source. People don't value what they don't work for. Even if I am a Billionaire, my kids will work for their money. I may give them some lifting like Igbos always do in their trading training program. In that program, after you serve a Boss for a few years, he would open a shop for you to kickstart. A Hausa/Fulani Billionaire in the North sometimes will be sharing 500 naira after J'umaat on Friday. Their ppl will be very happy because they are naturally contented ppl, but technically he has not helped them. If truly Hausa/Fulani builds good dynasties, that region shouldn't be the poverty, illiteracy, and crime capital of Nigeria.

When a big shot dies in an Igbo family, most times the big shot had helped a lot of people during his lifetime but it is greediness that still makes some family members be dying to inherit his wealth. I think our Igbo brothers are greedy a little bit, that's why inheritance sharing over there na war. Data says wealth is more evenly distributed (per capita) among the Igbos than any other ethnic group in Nigeria. Yes, they have some big shots but their backbones are their middle class like spare parts dealer, Alaba electronics seller, puff-puff seller, etc. They have a strong middle class. Their middle class may not be popular like their upper-class, but they are the ones running the show.

If our Igbo brothers can heal themselves from the civil war PTSD hindering them from seeing the East as home and go invest heavily there, that place could be Nigeria Dubai. Unfortunately, they love the outside more than the inside. A typical Igbo man quickly adopts a place as his home. That's their Achilles heel. Look at Abuja, do you know they own the larger percentage of real estate in Abuja? In Nigeria, you will see Igbo speaking Yoruba/Hausa language more than Yoruba or Hausa speaking another Nigerian language.

rosinkkit:

This is about sharing money and resources within their families to make their families more powerful and multi-generational. Think the Rothschilds. They can then combine with similar families to create Kaduna mafia - type entities that influence national policy from behind the scenes. This is about power politics, the way the big boys of the world play it, not this stuff you people are typing here about your apprenticeship systems for poor people.

The Kaduna Mafia has families which joined in the 1930s, and are still active today. Dynasties. Wealth passed through generations. Among Igbos it's more a case of when the big shot dies, it all goes downhill. You'll see his family fighting over his known possessions. Unknown possessions, such as some of his foreign accounts, disappear for good.

The entire family must be made a corporation, so that the passing of the founder does not lead to the demise of the corporation and its interests.

Think the Gambino family.

For this, the mentality of ''I suffered for my money, go and suffer for yours'' is inappropriate and counter-productive.

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Sunday2021: 9:55pm On Jul 26, 2021
yanabasee1:

You just make post from your shitty brain....

Go ask.... Igbos take sales boys and settle them after a brief period of 10years and stuck up their shops for them... They inturn take house helps and keep enriching themselves....

Never heard a northerner give themselves money to go do business...
Lots of Northerners I know starts from scratch.. They pick scraps and sell and save money to change line of business to shoe mending and then okada to Keke to buying and selling cows and so on...

Some get lucky and get empowered by government...

I know a guy who is selling pure water and his brother is very rich.... The day police collected my car and he saw me without my car and asked me what happened and I told him.. He spoke with his brother and the police traced me to my area to return my car to me...
you called 10 years of slavery "brief"?
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Sunday2021: 9:57pm On Jul 26, 2021
tandy2013:

Igbo hater spotted. And yet the north has the country's poorest while they have been in power for over 40 yrs and Igbos never. In the north the money stolen from govt circulate amongst the rich .For One Igbo billionaire , 2000 Millionaire have been produced through Igba boy or serving your master in trading that is the reason Igbos have dominated trading and business in Nigeria.
don't forget that the north has the richest in all Africa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Consensus Moves Crash In PDP, APC Aspirants Rule Out Option / No/limited Cash Will Cause Low Voters Turnout / El-Rufai’s Book Is An Intellectual Fraud - Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.