Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,781 members, 7,955,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:38 PM

The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires (15648 Views)

APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo / Southern And Northern Kaduna Agree To Split Kaduna State At Constitution Review / American Lady Asked Difference Between Igbo & Yoruba- See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by jimyjames(m): 11:57am On Jul 19, 2021
aribisala0:
You just said something new about the civil war twenty pounds etc . and I said you have a right to tell that story f it makes you feel good
That has nothing to do with what you have been saying previously. That is a new narrative. I do not want to get into civil war , twenty pounds etc

If an argument exists it is in your own mind
The fact that you have a right to tell a story does not mean others don't too
Everyone has a right to tell stories
We remember differently

You have said so many things

I cannot agree with everything you say

That apprenticeship is responsible for Igbo success is your opinion personally are you a spokesperson for all Igbo? That is a different matter and in my experience is not borne out by any evidence

You don't need a Fulani spokesperson or evidence to prove the success of Fulanis is in cattle rearing
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by jimyjames(m): 12:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
Yankee101:

These statistics are real. They are funded internationally, in some cases, with oversight
Just because they are funded internationally doesn't mean they are accurate, you know what I'm talking about don't pretend like you don't know
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Eastcoastboy(m): 12:03pm On Jul 19, 2021
mightyhaze:
Same Igbos they accuse of using only their kinsmen in their businesses thereby retaining their wealth in their families and communities.. (BTW,a truer observation though is that other tribes will never consider the stress of igbaboyi as worthwhile..nobody has the patience, long-suffering and fortitude to endure that 7 to 8 yrs of rigorous service)

If an Igbo man was a dangote,..no single beggar will be in Kano.. but go to dangotes Ward and see a sea of alamajiris beggars

Come to my community every December and see men donating money for schools,roads,local churches,scholarships ,Town Halls and buildings.. there is no single poor family in my community,courtesy of the Igbo adage 'onye aghana nwanneya'

I know say this op dey on cruise sha..he wan just sample opinions..

True to what you said. But you have to be logical here. These guys are much you can't change all even 30 years to come. Nd that your community you're saying there are still poor people. See Dangote built hostel for Medical students in ABU Zaria top of the world class standard hostel nd they're paying below 15k. But you know our igno brothers..... You know the rest. So the thing is if a northerner really wants to help he would without underlying measures. See everyone is doing his beat. That's just it.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Eastcoastboy(m): 12:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
stanluiz:
North do all these yet they have the highest number poor people on Nigeria if not Africa.

Yet NE and NW are the poverty capital of Nigeria.

Mumu. Sense you no get. Go and get a life a useful to yourself.

That burial dey pain you people. I love you pains. You feel oppressed and traumatized.

Bunch of Inferiority low self-esteem deluded subhuman being.

Be logical nna. Just two state in the north Mano nd Niger is like the whole of south west. Plus the population. It's so appalling to seat on your phone from the comfort of your region nd generalize without experiencing first hand.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2021
jimyjames:

You don't need a Fulani spokesperson or evidence to prove the success of Fulanis is in cattle rearing
There is no success there that is my opinion not an argument.
I hope you do not see every different perspective as "argument"
I I think they are the opposite of successful
What is happening is they have no competition because no one else has been interested in that job
The same applies to the trading/apprenticeship system.
In my view there is no successful group in Nigeria when compared to global 21st century reality
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by ChiefS(m): 12:39pm On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:
90% of igbo millionaires and billionaires are EXTREMELY selfish. THEIR OWN FAMILIES SUFFER, apart from the wife and kids.

They rarely do anything for their own communities apart from maybe distribute rice and provisions to the villagers at christmas.

You will see an Igbo man worth several millions of dollars. Some of his brothers/cousins etc will still be hustling on the streets, some even hawking.

You never see that with northerners. Once one of them is rich, and you see the brothers, you won't even know the one that is the big shot, because they're all solid.

When they travel to Dubai, you'll see up to 20 of them at the airport, from Alhaji to his brothers, sisters, mum, dad, cousins, drivers, hairdressers, house helps etc.

An Igbo man, if he travels with anyone, na him wife and maybe his kids. Finish.

More often than not, he just sneaks out alone.

I think the refusal of wealthy Igbos to share their wealth among their relatives and close kinsmen is a reason for the continued marginalisation of Igbos in Nigeria. Political influence requires that you have a large base of well-to-do elite. When you restrict that elite to a tiny club of monied men, your base is weakened, and easy to manipulate. It is very easy for others to take advantage of your group.

Not true. Igbo people do more for their siblings than other tribes. The truth is that a lot of siblings of millionaires and even civil servants have too much of entitlement mentality. Even for their brothers barely trying to survive the people back home are never ready to understand.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by poiZon: 12:58pm On Jul 19, 2021
Educationalserv:
all of them. The poorest in that family can be 10 time richer than obi cubana .
Na him forbes no carry them...

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Educationalserv: 1:11pm On Jul 19, 2021
poiZon:

Na him forbes no carry them...
the dantata family is the wealthiest family in Nigeria. If u have any family name it ? Dangote,Aminu dantata ,dantata and sawoe , Mrs oil plc ,adnadayyria farm (biggest in Nigeria) usman dantata, Nasiru dantatan ,adbdulkadir dantata .northern Nigeria flour mills , Mohammed dantata dancola,dansa juice,mamadu dantata founder of wapa currency exchange. Illo dantata owner of belmari dreging , dini dantata owner red star petroluum. Audu dantata owns 200 trucks
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by jimyjames(m): 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2021
aribisala0:
There is no success there that is my opinion not an argument.
I hope you do not see every different perspective as "argument"
I I think they are the opposite of successful
What is happening is they have no competition because no one else has been interested in that job
The same applies to the trading/apprenticeship system.
In my view there is no successful group in Nigeria when compared to global 21st century reality

As long as Nigeria/west Africa is concerned the Fulani's tops the cattle rearing business that is a success

Same way the igbos top the trade/apprenticeship system

success is not really about competition the fact of getting or achieving wealth respect or fame in a particular field it's a success
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Yankee101: 2:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
jimyjames:

Just because they are funded internationally doesn't mean they are accurate, you know what I'm talking about don't pretend like you don't know

I bet you were the type that was caught with their hand in the pot and still said it wasn't me
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by jimyjames(m): 2:19pm On Jul 19, 2021
Yankee101:

I bet you were the type that was caught with their hand in the pot and still said it wasn't me
grin is that all you can say for this long back and forth lecture undecided
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Yankee101: 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2021
jimyjames:

grin is that all you can say for this long back and forth lecture undecided

Data says you're not correct

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by jimyjames(m): 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2021
Yankee101:

Data says you're not correct
But the data is incomplete some states are missing there, Nigerian statistics are always faulty
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Rrchrd(m): 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:
90% of igbo millionaires and billionaires are EXTREMELY selfish. THEIR OWN FAMILIES SUFFER, apart from the wife and kids.

They rarely do anything for their own communities apart from maybe distribute rice and provisions to the villagers at christmas.

You will see an Igbo man worth several millions of dollars. Some of his brothers/cousins etc will still be hustling on the streets, some even hawking.

You never see that with northerners. Once one of them is rich, and you see the brothers, you won't even know the one that is the big shot, because they're all solid.

When they travel to Dubai, you'll see up to 20 of them at the airport, from Alhaji to his brothers, sisters, mum, dad, cousins, drivers, hairdressers, house helps etc.

I think the refusal of wealthy Igbos to share their wealth among their relatives and close kinsmen is a reason for the continued marginalisation of Igbos in Nigeria. Political influence requires that you have a large base of well-to-do elite. When you restrict that elite to a tiny club of monied men, your base is weakened, and easy to manipulate. It is very easy for others to take advantage of your group.

Extended to SOuth-South
Am from S/S and I second the op
Our people hardly help
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by tbibuzz(m): 3:32pm On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

Wen u get ur own money dash ur community no dey analyze person money ,whatever he likes he will do with it na imm own.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by vasel15: 4:50pm On Jul 19, 2021
Fools still arguing about Millionaires since yesterday, who curse una? Make una go find work do. Jobless fools, those rich people don't give a f about you idiots
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Niwdog(m): 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
The op is somehow right on this one
If not immediate family Igbos hardly help their extended family
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 6:06pm On Jul 19, 2021
jimyjames:

As long as Nigeria/west Africa is concerned the Fulani's tops the cattle rearing business that is a success

Same way the igbos top the trade/apprenticeship system

success is not really about competition the fact of getting or achieving wealth respect or fame in a particular field it's a success

Not sure where you got the notion that Ibos top trade/apprenticeship system or how you define that
Last time I checked selling cows is trade. Ditto tomato onions and other agricultural produce., petrol, sugar, timber cocoa etc
I do not see them topping sales of food which is the most sold thing in Nigeria, neither FOREX, gold, cars,, textiles, and on and on.

They have their niche and so do others. To talk of TOP you need to have figures.
From all indications Food is TOP traded category

Success means different things to both of us .You keep yours I Keep mine

Dat one no dey tear shirt
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by orisa37: 7:13pm On Jul 19, 2021
SELFISHNESS IS UNRIGHTEOUSNESS.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Goddyj(m): 7:37pm On Jul 19, 2021
Maybe you need to research on apprenticeship, to know what you're talking about. Go to any line of business dominated by Igbos and ask questions on how they started. You'll be shocked to find out that 97% of those in that business where trained and shown the way by the remaining 3%. I won't even talk about gigantic projects scattered across Igbo communities by well to do individuals.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by rosinkkit: 12:29am On Jul 20, 2021
Bonjovi13:

If your prognosis is true how come Nigeria has the highest number of poor and indigent people in the north compared to the South east particularly.

Can you also explain how the Ibos overtook the north economically when every single one of their forebears were given 20£ to start their lives after the civil war. The northern elites took over billions of dollars of the combined wealth of the Ibos and the policy of nationalization that saw the northern elites take over the industries and assets of even the foreign companies. How come they are mostly poor if they are so generous and spread their wealth like you posited?

The only area in your write up that I agree with you is the fact that the Ibos will never give their fellow man free money. The Ibos hate laziness and rewards industry. They believe that a man should be hardworking and should fend for himself.
I hope you know that the "nwa boy" or ibo apprentiship model is a course of study in no less a university than Harvard.
That model has transferred sustainable wealth to generations of ibo families.

Lastly any money you dont work for will fizzle out. The northerners have benefited tremendously from the national wealth of Nigeria. However there is a trend common to the notherners. Today they are swimming in money tommorrow as soon as their access to the national coffers is gone, they are broke and penniless. They begin to sell their assets in order to keep up their opulent lifestyle.
The ibos believe in building a structure, one brick and mortar at a time. Thats sustainable wealth.
I will have you know that there are far more silent and unpopular billionaires in the south east than the whole of the north combined. They face their business and adapt to changing policies. Igbo Amaka

You guys are funny. One minute you're moaning about wanting to split the country because of Hausa-Fulani domination etc, and then when we show you WHY they dominate, your arrogance says ''actually no they don't dominate. We do!''

So if you have all this economic power, why are you politically marginalised?

Why is it that even when a southerner is in power, he follows a northern-friendly agenda?

He's a basically a northern stooge. Even though he's officially the commander-in-chief who controls the military, the budget, everything.

Jonathan, was in power for what....6 years?

Why didn't he restructure Nigeria to the south's content?

He was voted in by the south and by Igbos.

You know why he didn't?

Because the nation's politics and political direction are controlled by the Kaduna Mafia and other northern power blocs. How are they so powerful? They build up their wealth and combine resources to act in their interests.

Someone mentioned the Nnewi Mafia. I laugh in Greek. They are learners, whoever they are, and have zero national political influence.

Who are the Kaduna Mafia?

Let Wikipedia tell you.

Kaduna Mafia

Founded: 1966

Founding location: Kaduna, Northern Nigeria

Years active: 20th century – present

Ethnicity Hausa-Fulani, Kanuri, other regional minorities

Membership: Unknown grin

''The Kaduna Mafia is a loose group of Nigerian businessmen, civil servants, intellectuals and military officers from Northern Nigeria, who resided or conducted their activities in Kaduna, the former capital of the region towards the end of the First Republic.

Similar to the Sicilian Mafia, the group shares features of omertà, ethnicity, and patronage. It is believed the resentment of competing interests led to the creation of the acerbic idea of a clique gaining headway through its closeness to power and thereby approximating resources of the state under the banner of capitalism.

The term Kaduna Mafia was supposedly popularised by journalist, Mvendaga Jibo.

....The origins of the Kaduna mafia revolves around the fall of the First Republic. The assassination of Ahmadu Bello and other northern leaders prodded a group of young northerners to rally around and oppose the military government of General Aguiyi Ironsi. This group, a diverse mixture of aristocrats and civil servants who were predominantly Muslim and based in Kaduna....

This group was educated mostly in the United Kingdom, and had connections with the Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria. They were known for their intelligence, commitment to the traditional values and socio-political interests of Northern Nigeria and their internal camaraderie. Following the rise of the Second Republic members became involved in varied aspects of the Nigerian nation, they were bank directors, cabinet members, military colonels and owners of business; their main differentiating symbol metamorphosed into the prominence of economic interest as a driving factor in their activities.

Military era
The group supposedly achieved most success during the military regime of General Obasanjo, where many of its members were appointed to key positions of power and used its alliance to obtain patronage and disburse favour to friends and associates.

Democratic era
The group returned to prominence during the administration of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua. And later in 2015, during the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaduna_Mafia

So they are still very much around. Directing national policy by remote control.

The way to counter the influence of this powerful group is to form YOUR secret counter-alliances, with combined resources to act in your region's interest.

Every complex nation has these sort of clandestine groups which operate outside the electoral system and public view. The Freemasons etc.

Igbos are still playing junior league. Boasting about their ancient apprenticeship system! grin

That can only get you base-level economic expansion, but what you really need is political influence, and for THAT, you need big league collaboration within your elite class to form these powerful secret, stupendously wealthy pressure groups to counter the Kaduna Mafia and other northern power blocs currently directing national policy irrespective of which party is in office.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by paxx: 1:45am On Jul 20, 2021
This post is so ignorant. I'm not even mad. I realize now that people just like pissing others off. I doubt this person has even met an Igbo millionaire before. Get a job. Tribalism is stupid.

rosinkkit:

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by jimyjames(m): 9:46am On Jul 20, 2021
aribisala0:

Not sure where you got the notion that Ibos top trade/apprenticeship system or how you define that
Last time I checked selling cows is trade. Ditto tomato onions and other agricultural produce., petrol, sugar, timber cocoa etc
I do not see them topping sales of food which is the most sold thing in Nigeria, neither FOREX, gold, cars,, textiles, and on and on.

They have their niche and so do others. To talk of TOP you need to have figures.
From all indications Food is TOP traded category

Success means different things to both of us .You keep yours I Keep mine

Dat one no dey tear shirt
Everyone knows the type of trade Hausa/ Fulani tops in Nigeria and everyone knows the type of trade igbos top in Nigeria the igbos are the only tribe you will find in every state, every city every town, every local government every community in Nigeria doing that type of trade I have traveled around Nigeria I see igbos in places I don't find other tribes, I'm igbo my mother is from Benue state, from kwande local government, her village is mbanige village it's a typical village with no access roads and electricity, if you go there you will find an igbo man with a shop there, no other tribe in the whole of that village, that's how igbos are all over Nigeria all over Africa/world
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 9:52am On Jul 20, 2021
jimyjames:

Everyone knows the type of trade Hausa/ Fulani tops in Nigeria and everyone knows the type of trade igbos top in Nigeria the igbos are the only tribe you will find in every state, every city every town, every local government every community in Nigeria doing that type of trade I have traveled around Nigeria I see igbos in places I don't find other tribes, I'm igbo my mother is from Benue state, from kwande local government, her village is mbanige village it's a typical village with no access roads and electricity, if you go there you will find an igbo man with a shop there, no other tribe in the whole of that village, that's how igbos are all over Nigeria all over Africa/world
That is your opinion .It has no evidential basis
Just a delusion
Ibos are this Ibos are that we have heard all that nonsense before

Who ask you your biography? We have all travelled and do not see what you claim
Clearly you have what is called technically
"CONFIRMATION BIAS"
Food is the number one thing that people buy in this country and it is not led by Ibos
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by jimyjames(m): 9:57am On Jul 20, 2021
aribisala0:
That is your opinion .It has no evidential basis
Ibos are this Ibos are that we have heard all that nonsense before

Who ask you your biography?
Food is the number one thing that people buy in this country and it is not led by Ibos

Food is sold in shops too and igbos top that, travel around Nigeria my friend, even in your village community there are igbos there
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 9:58am On Jul 20, 2021
jimyjames:

Food is sold in shops too and igbos top that, travel around Nigeria my friend, even in your village community there are igbos there
Top it how? Explain
That is just what you want to believe
I am not a villager
Not everyone comes from a village

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Hoodlum Killed, ASP Shot In Ebonyi Gun Duel / Cardoso May Abandon Anchor Borrowers, Enaira, Currency Redesign / House Of Representatives Members Visit Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.