Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires (14852 Views)

APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo / Southern And Northern Kaduna Agree To Split Kaduna State At Constitution Review / American Lady Asked Difference Between Igbo & Yoruba- See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by FakeUnity: 6:23am On Jul 19, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Traitor, e done remove ipob & Kanu from front page. People are celebrating in the East, stoning themselves with Naira & Dollars, Mazi is incarcerated anguishing shouting imaginary Biafra? Mumu Separatist.

Muslim mugu.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by DesChyko: 6:25am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

You are an ignorant and thoughtless dunce to baselessly presume my place of origin.

When you learn to debate without making such stupid, ignorant presumptions, you can come back.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Mchawi(f): 6:39am On Jul 19, 2021
Yankee101:

Check the thread up, someone listed how BUA gave 5bnN for covid relief

No one is as generous as a hausa man in nigeria. None. Ask anyone who has lived in all the major parts of Nigeria

Generous you say? How many Hausa men can do what Sir Arthur Eze is doing for the North! BUA did that because he needs continuous biased support government. And he can recoup that in a matter of months not because he is generous

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by rosinkkit: 6:40am On Jul 19, 2021
DesChyko:

Have a nice day.

You should read your own signs before posting. It is extremely insulting to insinuate a person's place of origin simply from their political viewpoint. Get that fact into your thick head.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Mfetenang: 6:45am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

Exactly. That is why you are marginalised and dominated. This primitive mentality that fails to realise that empowering those around you is empowering yourself and protecting your interests in the long run.

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Mfetenang: 6:53am On Jul 19, 2021
Your problem is unemployment, if you start working hard and stop going around begging people for money you will know that hard work and independence is the key to success.
I'm not dominated by nobody, I have enough to feed myself and my family for the next 200 years while you are the one being dominated by people who give you handouts.
Nobody owes you anything, I repeat, NOBODY OWES YOU ANYTHING.
This is the problem with Africans,you expect people to give you money, ain't you ashamed?
Go and make your own money, stop begging.
Talk to your politicians so they can set up a good welfare system so that poor people like you will get monthly
handouts from the government instead of bothering people who suffered to make their money.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by rosinkkit: 7:01am On Jul 19, 2021
Mfetenang:
Your problem is unemployment, if you start working hard and stop going around begging people for money you will know that hard work and independence is the key to success.
I'm not dominated by nobody, I have enough to feed myself and my family for the next 200 years while you are the one being dominated by people who give you handouts.
Nobody owes you anything, I repeat, NOBODY OWES YOU ANYTHING.
This is the problem with Africans, you expect people to give you money, ain't you ashamed?
Go and make your own money, stop begging.
Talk to your politicians so they can set up a good welfare system so that poor people like you will get monthly
handouts from the government instead of bothering people who suffered to make their money.

The Rothschilds are not Africans. Elite family dynasties are actually a western concept to a large degree, so it is illiterate to call it ''a problem with Africans''.

You clearly have a low IQ, which is why you cannot grasp what is being discussed here, and have reduced it to people ''begging for money''.

I think you belong in the village to be frank, if you're not there already.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by tandy2013: 7:04am On Jul 19, 2021
I disagree 100% A northern will steal money and share amongst close family or fellow rich class but a rich Igbo man will go to village pick up a boy from a poor family and establish the boy that is the reason why you see evenly distributed wealth in Igboland

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Donaluta(m): 7:05am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

I'm sorry but that is nonsense.

A typical Igbo millionaire will not give you enough to start a business that is on a gargantuan scale of his level, that can earn you millions of dollars in revenue.

He might give you 20,000 dollars if you're really lucky. ''Go open a shop somewhere and stop bothering me. Family! Can you see? I've helped him o! Let him not come back next month and say he wants another money ....'''

An Hausa-Fulani millionaire is ready to give his brother 1 to 5 million dollars CASH to, start a business, and that is what they do. That's why their wealth is generational.

Your hatred towards Igbos I glaring ... Every thread you open is about Igbos... Stop this nonsense

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by rosinkkit: 7:09am On Jul 19, 2021
tandy2013:
I disagree 100% A northern will steal money and share amongst close family or fellow rich class but a rich Igbo man will go to village pick up a boy from a poor family and establish the boy that is the reason why you see evenly distributed wealth in Igboland

Your post is filled with ignorance and stereotypes. Igbos steal as well as northerners do. Igbos traffic drugs and humans, and engage in ritual crimes. So take your biased analysis and stick it right up there.

Plus NO. A rich Igbo man will not just go and pick some boy in a village to ''establish'' - whatever the hell that means. They normally go there to get cheap household labour whom madam can beat up and shout at, and pay peanuts. That is not the sort of wealth transfer under discussion.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by rosinkkit: 7:12am On Jul 19, 2021
Donaluta:

Your hatred towards Igbos I glaring ... Every thread you open is about Igbos... Stop this nonsense

You are a dunce. I do not criticise without basis or foundation, and nothing I say is based on 'hatred', oh LOVER of us Nigerians [no longer zoo animals are we?].
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by WhatCanIsay(m): 7:26am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

Sure... get lost.

See as you just de reason like pig, although pig has more intelligence.

I just de laugh at the level of your intelligence. No matter how bigoted, stupid and obtuse you are in Nigeria, you surely know that no tribe has raised themselves more than the Igbo people. Even commonsense would have impacted that knowledge to you...but would do I know kwanụ

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Allsouls: 7:35am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:
90% of igbo millionaires and billionaires are EXTREMELY selfish. THEIR OWN FAMILIES SUFFER, apart from the wife and kids.

They rarely do anything for their own communities apart from maybe distribute rice and provisions to the villagers at christmas.

You will see an Igbo man worth several millions of dollars. Some of his brothers/cousins etc will still be hustling on the streets, some even hawking.

You never see that with northerners. Once one of them is rich, and you see the brothers, you won't even know the one that is the big shot, because they're all solid.

When they travel to Dubai, you'll see up to 20 of them at the airport, from Alhaji to his brothers, sisters, mum, dad, cousins, drivers, hairdressers, house helps etc.

An Igbo man, if he travels with anyone, na him wife and maybe his kids. Finish.

More often than not, he just sneaks out alone.

I think the refusal of wealthy Igbos to share their wealth among their relatives and close kinsmen is a reason for the continued marginalisation of Igbos in Nigeria. Political influence requires that you have a large base of well-to-do elite. When you restrict that elite to a tiny club of monied men, your base is weakened, and easy to manipulate. It is very easy for others to take advantage of your group.

When an enemy writes you will know, all Igbo communities are developed by their rich people & the community people, from building schools, to community hospital, roads, scholarships, etc.
Poster is envy.

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by EmmanuelScott1(m): 7:45am On Jul 19, 2021
Educationalserv:
b.u a gave out 5bn naira in covid donation.

Did you know how much Emeka offor donated? Just STFU

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Yankee101: 7:50am On Jul 19, 2021
Mchawi:

Generous you say? How many Hausa men can do what Sir Arthur Eze is doing for the North! BUA did that because he needs continuous biased support government. And he can recoup that in a matter of months not because he is generous

Lol, don't forget Dangote's biggest businesses are in the south. You want to hear how many KM or roads he has built, donations etc, BUA too
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Obdk: 8:06am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:
90% of igbo millionaires and billionaires are EXTREMELY selfish. THEIR OWN FAMILIES SUFFER, apart from the wife and kids.

They rarely do anything for their own communities apart from maybe distribute rice and provisions to the villagers at christmas.

You will see an Igbo man worth several millions of dollars. Some of his brothers/cousins etc will still be hustling on the streets, some even hawking.

You never see that with northerners. Once one of them is rich, and you see the brothers, you won't even know the one that is the big shot, because they're all solid.

When they travel to Dubai, you'll see up to 20 of them at the airport, from Alhaji to his brothers, sisters, mum, dad, cousins, drivers, hairdressers, house helps etc.

An Igbo man, if he travels with anyone, na him wife and maybe his kids. Finish.

More often than not, he just sneaks out alone.

I think the refusal of wealthy Igbos to share their wealth among their relatives and close kinsmen is a reason for the continued marginalisation of Igbos in Nigeria. Political influence requires that you have a large base of well-to-do elite. When you restrict that elite to a tiny club of monied men, your base is weakened, and easy to manipulate. It is very easy for others to take advantage of your group.

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by NewDelhi(m): 8:10am On Jul 19, 2021
yanabasee1:

The op, stanluiz is braindead and thinks below normal....

In the North here, begging is a norm... Some will go to NASS and get pass just to go and beg... Some go to offices and beg... The begging is very normal here....
And have you taken their population into consideration? That's why the ratio of rich folks to poor peeps is very high
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Mchawi(f): 8:10am On Jul 19, 2021
Yankee101:

Lol, don't forget Dangote's biggest businesses are in the south. You want to hear how many KM or roads he has built, donations etc, BUA too
Because its in the south that the market is. If he builds roads or whatever its his social responsibility not because he is generous.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by BanevsJoker(m): 8:11am On Jul 19, 2021
udele1:
Moderator remove this thread like u did mine " The north needs an OBI CUBANA". Else ill conclude that this nairaland is a platform to ridicule Igbo's.
Are you just finding out?
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Yankee101: 8:12am On Jul 19, 2021
Mchawi:

Because its in the south that the market is. If he builds roads or whatever its his social responsibility not because he is generous.

And you didn't read that Arthur made his money from building radio stations in the North and getting favors from northerners to enter oil and gas?

It's his social responsibility too kwa
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 8:46am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

Are you a foreigner?

Has the abiding cry in Nigeria not been of ''northern domination'' since the 1960s?

Of Igbo political marginalisation?

Have you heard of the Kaduna Mafia?

Even today people are talking of breaking up the country because they can't stand the dominance of the Hausa-Fulanis and their president!

You must be from a different country, not Nigeria. The north are in political control, and even when Jonathan was in power, there was always that sense that he wasn't quite the power behind the throne... You can CHANGE THAT by strengthening your elite power in the south-east and south in general, so that when a southerner is president, he is REALLY president, not some agreeable-to-the-northern-elite stooge like OBJ and Jonathan.

How do you strengthen your elite power? By creating powerful family dynasties that band together to act in their interests. In creating such dynasties, there is no room for ''I struggled for my money so go and struggle for yours''. Mba. That is not the way. That individualism must be thrown out the window. With it, you can never challenge the dominance of the Kaduna Mafia, and other northern elite power brokers.

Ten Alhajis, all millionaires, some related, walk into a room to negotiate, versus one Igbo millionaire businessman with a retinue of twenty hangers-on and broke ass assistants, who will dominate the other?

No need for speeches How do millionaires empower people that Ibo millionaires do not
Have you heard of Nnewi mafia

You are being obtusse

Assuming your claim about northern dominance is true WHY should it be attributed to EMPOWERMENT BY MILLIONAIRES

that is the question you are being asked not to give us a random irrelevant speech
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 8:50am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

Are you a foreigner?

Has the abiding cry in Nigeria not been of ''northern domination'' since the 1960s?

Even today people are talking of breaking up the country because they can't stand the dominance of the Hausa-Fulanis and their president!

You must be from a different country, not Nigeria. The north are in political control, and even when Jonathan was in power, there was always that sense that he wasn't quite the power behind the throne... You can CHANGE THAT by strengthening your elite power in the south-east and south in general, so that when a southerner is president, he is REALLY president, not some agreeable-to-the-northern-elite stooge like OBJ and Jonathan.

How do you strengthen your elite power? By creating powerful family dynasties that band together to act in their interests. In creating such dynasties, there is no room for ''I struggled for my money so go and struggle for yours''. Mba. That is not the way. That individualism must be thrown out the window. With it, you can never challenge the dominance of the Kaduna Mafia, and other northern elite power brokers.

Ten Alhajis, all millionaires, some related, walk into a room to negotiate, versus one Igbo millionaire businessman with a retinue of twenty hangers-on and broke ass assistants, who will dominate the other?

No need for speeches How do millionaires empower people that Ibo millionaires do not
Have you heard of Nnewi mafia

You are being obtusse

Assuming your claim about northern dominance is true WHY should it be attributed to EMPOWERMENT BY MILLIONAIRES

that is the question you are being asked not to give us a random irrelevant speech

We can say the opposite and say

YOU HAVE A BANDITRY PROBLEM BECAUSE northern millionaires FAILED TO EMPOWER......

So the point is you cannot just make a random attribution of cause and effect in your mind and proclaim that to be reality

Even if there is an observed phenomenon the explanation is not what you declare it to be because of your observations since the time of Methuselah

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 8:52am On Jul 19, 2021
DesChyko:

Have a nice day.
Totally right and apropos

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 8:52am On Jul 19, 2021
DesChyko:

Have a nice day.
Totally right and apropos
He is a very ignorant and base fellow

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by ceejay10(m): 8:53am On Jul 19, 2021
Another mumuric post! No go find work, be here posting rubbish.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by lastempero: 8:54am On Jul 19, 2021
Obi cubana come and see what you have caused to your brothers. Every dick and harry carry our matter for head now like gala.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by aribisala0(m): 8:57am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

Are you a foreigner?

What we need you to explain to us is how sharing wealth with close relatives, as you claimed, translates into this "dominance"

Is there no one crying marginalization in the north?

Are we not fighting a war keeping Borno in Nigeria. If we stopped will it not break away?
Are the bandits not crying marginalization?
Do they not have rich people in their families

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by jimyjames(m): 9:06am On Jul 19, 2021
Yankee101:

You don't know what studying integrated science, social studies, maths and English in primary school does to the brain

Innosson has at least primary education. There's very much non attendance in hausa land. Almajiri goes to only Islamic school to learn by rote what he dosen't understand
Are you telling me igbo traders do well because of their primary education? No my friend it's an inbuilt thing in the igbo, the igbo apprenticeship is like a practical business training school an igbo who passed through apprenticeship will do better than most business graduates who studied theory in class
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Mfetenang: 9:06am On Jul 19, 2021
rosinkkit:

The Rothschilds are not Africans. Elite family dynasties are actually a western concept to a large degree, so it is illiterate to call it ''a problem with Africans''.

You clearly have a low IQ, which is why you cannot grasp what is being discussed here, and have reduced it to people ''begging for money''.

I think you belong in the village to be frank, if you're not there already.

Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by CALEB1590(m): 9:07am On Jul 19, 2021
We don't dash money, we help each other by bringing you out from your village and train you in our businesses and after a couple of years we settle you to set up your own trade of what we trained you on.That is why you see many successful igbo traders. And mind you 90% of them were helped to set up there own trade by fellow igbos.
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by anungangampu: 9:09am On Jul 19, 2021
udele1:
Moderator remove this thread like u did mine " The north needs an OBI CUBANA". Else ill conclude that this nairaland is a platform to ridicule Igbo's.
thats what it is. Have been saying it. It's propaganda site to jest igbos
Re: The Difference Between Igbo Millionaires And Northern Millionaires by Mfetenang: 9:13am On Jul 19, 2021
You're a fool for trying to deny what you actually wrote yourself.
Your post clearly insinuates that Igbo millionaires don't share their wealth to their communities while Hausa millionaires do the opposite. I have attached a screenshot of your post to shame you.
In case you are still confused, expecting or asking people to give you their hard earned money is called begging, especially when they are not even related to you.
Why should someone with a brain start giving out his money to people he doesn't even know?
Is he your father ?
From your post I can easily tell that you're a small boy,only a small boy thinks like you.
I will repeat this- NOBODY OWES YOU ANYTHING, GO AND MAKE YOUR OWN MONEY.
EWU.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Tribunal Upholds Dino Melaye’s Election / Train Attack: Senate Asks Buhari To Declare Full-Scale War On Bandits / What Is Your Take On The Fuel Subsidy Removal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.