Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri (53339 Views)

10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy / "I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by MT: 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2021
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by pezeji(m): 2:51pm On Jul 19, 2021
advanceDNA:

I don’t think this is about money..

In winners, the main duty of resident pastor is church growth i.e in numbers of people...

the fact is...no pastor can force people to give...Increase in number of people doesn’t necessarily translate to increase in money...

For example...if number of women( mothers are on the increase in a particular month. Automatically that’s double or triple because mothers will come with kids... but that won’t mean increase in offering or tithe...as children don’t give...

A pastor can’t drag rich people to church or force them to give so really he has no control over increase in money....

My opinion shaa

So does it mean souls won are only in Winners Chapel?
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by advanceDNA: 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
pezeji:
So does it mean souls won are only in Winners Chapel?

How can you deduce this weird question from my comment...

There are millions of people and thousands of churches in Nigeria..every one doing their own outreach and making disciples of those they reach out to....I don’t even get where you are driving at..
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by pezeji(m): 3:42pm On Jul 19, 2021
advanceDNA:

How can you deduce this weird question from my comment...

There are millions of people and thousands of churches in Nigeria..every one doing their own outreach and making disciples of those they reach out to....I don’t even get where you are driving at..

Oga not every soul a winner wins will worship at any winners chapel. Am only trying to make you see just a reason why maybe the growth was poor or low. Simple

1 Like

Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by lookingfly: 3:51pm On Jul 19, 2021
advanceDNA:

I don’t think this is about money..

In winners, the main duty of resident pastor is church growth i.e in numbers of people...

the fact is...no pastor can force people to give...Increase in number of people doesn’t necessarily translate to increase in money...

For example...if number of women( mothers are on the increase in a particular month. Automatically that’s double or triple because mothers will come with kids... but that won’t mean increase in offering or tithe...as children don’t give...

A pastor can’t drag rich people to church or force them to give so really he has no control over increase in money....

My opinion shaa

how do you expect a pastor to force someone to he'schurch after preaching to that person and person tells you he's attached to another assembly?

1 Like

Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by advanceDNA: 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2021
pezeji:
Oga not every soul a winner wins will worship at any winners chapel. Am only trying to make you see just a reason why maybe the growth was poor or low. Simple

Oh...so every body in the church including his church worker’s and members that go on outreach has been preaching to people that always go to their house or other church...

See, churches conduct audits..they ddnt just send this people away...It might also be that the church has been recording a significant drop in number as well....

I once relocated and attended the branch of my church in that state only for me to notice the pastor doesn’t even drive our usual Friday vigils and Friday/Saturday evening outreach..
The pastor was just lazy...always talking about giving him big coolers with meat when he comes to name your child at christening..

Someone eventually reported the branch and auditors came secretly to confirm..they eventually demoted the pastor to an assistant before sacking him.....

My point is it takes more than just money to sack pastors...
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by advanceDNA: 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
lookingfly:
how do you expect a pastor to force someone to he'schurch after preaching to that person and person tells you he's attached to another assembly?

Force??
Who said anything about force??
People preach and invite...
If you invite preach regularly.. u will meet all kinds of people..
People that are tired of their church
People that don’t go to church
Muslims
Traditional worshippers
Etc...
U can’t always meet people that belong to other denomination...in fact some people belong to other denomination but haven’t really repented...when they hear message of repentance for you..they usually feel they can start coming to ur church... u don’t even have to beg or ask them....

see I’ve been there and I know for a fact that any church actively involved in evangelism/ outreach at least twice a week will grow
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by lookingfly: 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2021
chyzoo4u:

I don't know how this sound to people's ears but it irritates me badly. Like, "he was sacked for not being effective in evangelism" how does that sound?

Do you think Jesus will do same? Even if that's the reason, what happens to praying for the pastors and giving them more training? Or is this what prayers cannot do?

People left even while Jesus our Lord was preaching on earth with only His disciples remaining, and He asked why they're still with Him, why didn't they leave too.

The Bible says even if no one will praise God He'll raise up stones to praise Him. Must there be population growth in Church before you know that you're winning souls? Can't someone win a soul that is attending another Church?

Besides, it's not everyone that was preached to will repent. God knows about this when He says when you go to preach the gospel and weren't accepted by a house, you should dust your foot and leave.

Mind you, these Pastors started working in the Lord's vineyard just last year, and in one year or so they're thrown out for poot growth index.

Let's be careful with what we defend.
no mind them, this kingdom growth we're talking about, is it on Earth or in heaven!........ Socrates said "Know thyself", that's why i go to church but it's not everything a mog preaches i adhere to, some i go back and pass it through fire.......just like i was chatting recently with a friend, I told him that most denominations now are competing for church capacities to see who owns the largest church auditorium in Nigeria or world which entirely different from the mandate Jesus gave us.

1 Like

Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by lookingfly: 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2021
advanceDNA:

Force??
Who said anything about force??
People preach and invite...
If you invite preach regularly.. u will meet all kinds of people..
People that are tired of their church
People that don’t go to church
Muslims
Traditional worshippers
Etc...
U can’t always meet people that belong to other denomination...in fact some people belong to other denomination but haven’t really repented...when they hear message of repentance for you..they usually feel they can start coming to ur church... u don’t even have to beg or ask them....

see I’ve been there and I know for a fact that any church actively involved in evangelism/ outreach at least twice a week will grow
so you're inferring the pastor doesn't preach well or go out for outreach to win souls?
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by nyiamfrank: 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
davidque:

You are forcing meaning into the church's letter...................stop it man
Forcing meaning?

Church?

The whole thing is comprehension!

Study FIGURE OF SPEECH well. Jesus also spoke figuratively.
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by advanceDNA: 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2021
lookingfly:
so you're inferring the pastor doesn't preach well or go out for outreach to win souls?

Evangelism of a church is not only the pastors job... how many souls can he alone win....he has to drive his team.. assistant, pastors, deacons, workers.. etc

Perhaps he’s not actively involved in carrying is worker’s and members along in outreach...

Mayb he’s unlucky...

But I know for a fact that Some pastors don’t even have designated days for outreach as a church, let alone personal engagement....

every church has every reason to grow...if nations like United state and other western countries with large number of atheist still have large Christians, it’s easier in Nigeria, where almost every Tom is religious
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by smartNerd: 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2021
"Nothing in the world can take the place of
Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more
common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a
proverb. Education will not; the world is full of
educated derelicts. The slogan 'Press On' has
solved and always will solve the problems of the
human race." —Calvin Coolidge
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by TrueNigerian300: 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2021
Lifestone:

All these because of a Pastor that accepted a job and couldn't perform and was released. Why do you guys thinks your way is the only way, all Churches leaders must be condemned!
I am not surprised that we are where we are today if the type of insane argument I have seen today is what pervades. What is wrong with an organization demanding for accountability and sanctioning deviants? The point is most of you already had your biases and it only found a place to play out

Get people argument which is very logical. Let them stop hiding under religion and accept the fact that they are just running a business rather than a church. Ofcourse, if I hire you in my business and you do not perform I will fire you which is what happened here too. But don't pretend like you are doing the work of God, he is only after his own empire rather than the empire of God. Do you see people complaining when businesses sack their employees

The day we start using our brain and question things on our own that is the day we will have a good country. Ask yourself a question the white people that brought religion is this how they practise it??

Pastors sell water for protection and the stupid followers buy, meanwhile pastors are using armed security everywhere they go, is this not stupidity? Black people are just stupid and they not even try to use their brain. Everything is all about emotion.
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Teymanhenry(f): 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2021
Church growth entails many things. It could be money, members or spiritual growth. But then why not call a spade a spade and move on. Jesus said, it is easier for a Carmel to pass through a needle eye than for a rich man to enter the gates of heaven. Well we've got so many rich men. e.g
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by StUriah(m): 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2021
Lifestone:
Some lazy anti church elements never bothered to read the letter anyway, they ran to town screaming Church is a Business.
What's in a Pastor that could not bring in souls into the Kingdom of God? What was he hired to do?
Am not surprised where we are today as a nation when we could not hold people accountable for the assignments that they were given.
The attitude of the Pastor is the more reason he failed, an entitlement mentality and he was rightly sacked.

Very irrational submissions from you, sir. Is it only Winners Church that exists in Nigeria? Proliferation of churches in every nooks and cranny in this country only shows how competitive the church business is these days.

Stop being a fool, brother. The sacked 'pastor' was never a pastor in the real sense of it. He was employed as a Marketer to drive traffic to the church. His sack is not surprising to me because there are certain conditions attached to the job as a Marketer. You just have to meet your targets and give reports of your success only since it is a Winners Church no matter how crooked and dubious your efforts might be, and regardless of whether those that joined the Church did so for redemption of their souls.

How can Church be run the same way Corporate business is run in a secular world. Just like when Access bank sacked some employees during the Coronavirus, Winners is sacking a 'pastor' like a contract worker.

What infuriate most is a sentence in the letter where the man was commanded to hand over all the company properties and the Staff Identity card.

Nonsense
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by wirinet(m): 9:14pm On Jul 19, 2021
StUriah:

What infuriate most is a sentence in the letter where the man was commanded to hand over all the company properties and the Staff Identity card.

Nonsense

And when government proposed to regulate and tax church companies, Christians were up in arms screaming blue murder.
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:01am On Jul 20, 2021
Love of a greater number WILL GROW COLD! Matthew 24:12
If Mr David is sacking his workers because there is a decline in the number of attendees in his church then he should be prepared to close the business center because many people are waking up to realise that they've been deceived by religion.
So if the doctrine is not rooted in the Bible it will become so difficult and somehow impossible for a member to convince himself that he's got the truth talkless going out to convince others!
We are in the last our! undecided

Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by wirinet(m): 8:09am On Jul 20, 2021
ubola:
I personally don't pay my employees for unproductivity. Where will the GO pay him from. The Pastor has to work for his pay.

I will like to add that you are a bad businessman. Good businessmen don't bail out on their employees at the first sign of trouble. It will not build trust and loyalty between employer and employee. No business can expect to always be in profit not to talk of increase in productivity. Oyedepo's church business has existed for over 30 years and had made huge profit in the past. A few months or years of decreasing productivity will not kill his business.

During the lockdown in Nigeria which lasted about 2 months, I did not sack any of my staff of 6, and I paid them full salary even though they sat at home and there was no productivity at all. My staff are fiercely loyal to me.
Business and ethics, compassion and morals should go together.

This whole saga will have negative long term implication to Oyedepo's church business. Other pastors would learn that all the senior pastor cares about is "productivity" irrespective of conditions or situation, and does not care for their personal or even spiritual wellbeing. It might happen to them also anytime soon. So they would not be able to give themselves 100% to the business and will be looking for ways to secure themselves instead.

1 Like

Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by davidque: 8:57pm On Jul 20, 2021
nyiamfrank:
Forcing meaning?

Church?

The whole thing is comprehension!

Study FIGURE OF SPEECH well. Jesus also spoke figuratively.

Very funny, seems you must hv skipped some classes in school. pls go and reread your comment again
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by nyiamfrank: 4:41am On Jul 21, 2021
davidque:

Very funny, seems you must hv skipped some classes in school. pls go and reread your comment again

This is the compression I'm talking about!
Concentrate on FIGURE OF SPEECH
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Angela4life(f): 11:32pm On Aug 09, 2021
The truth of the matter is that oyedepo is a fraudster while winners chapel is a scam, he setup the witche craft home-winners chapel to manipulate people and make money for himself from their pocket.

You must know oyedepo is a satanist and he started that pastoral program basically to frustrate young men and drive pleasure in seeing them suffer
Re: Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri by Angela4life(f): 7:23am On Aug 15, 2021
Maybe you should go to those local villages your self and pastor lets see your church growth within six months.

Is only insane person that sack staff like that in a circular / corporate organization but not church even thou we know winners chapel is huge witchcraft coven and oyedepo is satan himself.

So we were not suprised that happening and coming from ONLY oyedepo and winners chapel
nyiamfrank:
Reno Omokri wrote on his Facebook page

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=310019004236878&id=111647580740689

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Steps Where Jesus walked Healed a Blind Man Unearthed In Jerusalem / T.B Joshua: Woman Gives Birth During Church Service (graphic Video) / Florida Pastor Caught In Bed With The Wife Of A Church Member (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.