Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. (14877 Views)

How Do You Deal With A Toxic Boss / Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report / First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by benzene00: 4:59pm On Jul 19, 2021
Jj
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Idamond: 4:59pm On Jul 19, 2021
k
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by lauryy(f): 5:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
A toxic boss is a death sentence to your skills.
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by SeriouslySense(m): 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2021
Maybe try Microverse (Warning be ready, and committed its intensive)

Microverse is an online school for remote software developers, where you don't pay anything until you get hired. What makes Microverse different from other online schools or bootcamps? Microverse helps you learn faster than you could on your own, and you don't pay anything until you've landed a well-paying job.

Before you Do, you can also read up and prastise HTML, CSS and Javascritpt using (MDN) https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/.

You can also try Jetbrains academy (depends on your proficiency), but you have to be very proficient in programming, because you would solve problems which can be used to build up your track or profile.

Just a suggestion. cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by okwadatigbogal: 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
My dear I was in your shoes some years back! I left too, but in my case I didn't have a plan at all. I was soo tired and depressed. Very very toxic place. I will not advice anyone in a toxic workplace to stay. When I left, i didnt know what to do, I used that time to pray like my life depended on it. i really needed a breakthrough. I'm in a much better place now. Thanks be to God.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by LordSkyy(m): 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
Oga learn barbing or driving - for uber. All those ui/ux, digital marketing etc go just frustrate u.

6 Likes

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by HRSweetness(f): 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
Honestly, you have made the best decision. Please save as much as you can and ensure you stay focused at learning this new skill. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Goldiness: 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
Since you have passion for barbing, go into it, do you can have a steady income. Toxic bosses can cause you a lot of problem, both health, psychological, emotional and reduce your self esteem. Try and be your own boss.

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Coded78: 5:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
olusegun2025:
Good Afternoon Nairalanders,

Please take your time to read my epistles and I really need your advice, last year February I apply for a Job (Office Assistant) but, before I even start the work they've vacant the office so I was told I'll be working at home as an House boy, I accepted without thinking twice because I really needs the job.

Long story short, My boss is the most toxic BOSS I've ever work with my first 2weeks was hell..., He's an abusive man, he'll abuse me curse me join..., I don't want to leave because my uncle that I stay with will think I'm lazy, me looking into his eyes show that he really hate me, I was threatened on daily basis that he will sack me....

This prompt to learn Forex trading thinking it will be a financial freedom, I actually blown my account 3times before I calm down..

I abandoned FX and steps into Cryptocurrency and ever since then, This January I've been building my portfolio which amount to 15 different token I'm holding right now.

I would be leaving this work this December and I've difficulty in choosing a skill to learn, I've been thinking of (barbing) but recently I fall in love with UI/UX designs and I'm planning to give it a shot, leaning App development along with it.

Any other suggestions are welcome, Suggestions of Materials to use too are also welcome. Thanks!

Please teach me that criptocurrency and forex.
Me I have been sick for 4 years I don't go out no means of getting money
But I have a good phone.
I will appreciate it if u will help me by teaching me crypto and forex

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Skillsnigeria: 5:06pm On Jul 19, 2021
The Lord will deliver you, calm down and think very very well. What do you want to do?

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by ford101: 5:12pm On Jul 19, 2021
olusegun2025:

Please take your time to read my epistles and I really need your advice, last year February I apply for a Job (Office Assistant) but, before I even start the work they've vacant the office so I was told I'll be working at home as an House boy, I accepted without thinking twice because I really needs the job.

Long story short, My boss is the most toxic BOSS I've ever work with my first 2weeks was hell..., He's an abusive man, he'll abuse me curse me join..., I don't want to leave because my uncle that I stay with will think I'm lazy, me looking into his eyes show that he really hate me, I was threatened on daily basis that he will sack me....

This prompt to learn Forex trading thinking it will be a financial freedom, I actually blown my account 3times before I calm down..

I abandoned FX and steps into Cryptocurrency and ever since then, This January I've been building my portfolio which amount to 15 different token I'm holding right now.

I would be leaving this work this December and I've difficulty in choosing a skill to learn, I've been thinking of (barbing) but recently I fall in love with UI/UX designs and I'm planning to give it a shot, leaning App development along with it.

Any other suggestions are welcome, Suggestions of Materials to use too are also welcome. Thanks!
Did you not hear of forex and cryptocurrency and how u would become very rich if you go into them? Same way u heard of graphics, UI/UX and programming etc. You are after Money.u shouldn't have anything to do with learning cos it takes time. Look for a business or simple skill u can learn in 3weeks eg driving, barbing, phone and PC repair etc.

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by elonmuskbaby: 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
Op I will tell you the truth

Toxic bosses kill self confidence, God given ingenuity and creativity

LEAVE BEFORE ALL YOUR POTENTIALS ARE KILLED.its not about having a job when you lack peace,rest of mind and job security.everyday you're never appreciated instead cursed at.that is not a job.if your uncle feels you're lazy,Na him sabi.his opinion of you doesn't determine your destination

Don't let any narcissistic boss that derive irritating joy in killing your spirit.na depression and suicidal tendencies you dey play with o

Continue developing your skills

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by kings59: 5:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
olusegun2025:

A friend of mine just did that today. He is very happy. His salary was slashed 55:45.

How can one work and someone else is eating??

After working for a Salary of 80k
His share 45k

Person that he is under 35k

What a wicked world!!!

His boss is very mean.
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Seniorwriter(m): 5:19pm On Jul 19, 2021
olusegun2025:

The latter is a Digital / Online Skill and Online Skill is Bae....there is no better feeling of knowing you alone control your time, resources and earnings without restrictions.
With time you'll build yourself to financial Sufficiency.

Do you know you can even start earning @least $50 - $100 monthly before you are done with the UI/UX training or learning process? It's called Drop-servicing !!!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity
Coded78:

Please teach me that criptocurrency and forex.
Me I have been sick for 4 years I don't go out no means of getting money
But I have a good phone.
I will appreciate it if u will help me by teaching me crypto and forex
Wow...sick for 4yrs? Show proof of this and ill mentor you to earn @least $5daily or $150 monthly as long as you have access to Internet + browsing gadgets....then you pay me what ever you deem fit for the earning knowledge.

Coded78:

Please I'm ready to learn the 5$or 150$earning.

How can I send the proof of my sickness,
Should I send my picture or what, my picture can't tell whether I'm sick or not

Secondly I can't I'm sick for 4 years to gain favour or to attract pity.i not my desire to be sick.

But that's how I found myself since 4 years that's why I'm looking for how to support myself.

Please if u can help , I will highly appreciate it

Coded78:

I went to hospital to do a medical check-up but the results show that I'm physically healthy, while I'm not.
So should I send the results.

I have no other proof. Except asking from my family members that knew me

Well you alone know how to show proof for your claims of been sick that long....FYI I don't pity rather I prefer to show empathy!
The yam and knife is now in your possession...do the needful.

Livesimple:

Why not drop ur WhatsApp number for chat

olusegun2025:

Thanks... This will be useful for now! How can I contact you.

Coded78:

Hey please I have search for u on Facebook but I didn't see u
What name are u using on Facebook
Or give me your WhatsApp number let me chat u please.
What names or facebook Id did you search for? read and follow as written below:
Kindly reach out via the facebook Id on my profile's personal text....no need sending email request because I no longer honor / respond to such.....mentorship(hold you by the hand to start earning) comes with a fee charge but ordinary course exposé (1day) is free and you can then find your way.

@Seniorwriter
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Jamahyel(m): 5:19pm On Jul 19, 2021
Its not everything you joke with.
temitope27:
You can go and learn kidnapping, that's the only lucrative job in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Goldbw122(m): 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2021
Just go to a place that will be comfortable for you and your soul, and practice with all sincerity then you will experience peace of mind, and I like that new skill that you want to learn too, it will show you the real value of hard work.. peace

2 Likes

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Coldie(m): 5:24pm On Jul 19, 2021
Forex trading and sport's betting no difference

2 Likes

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 19, 2021
olusegun2025:

Save your salary. Save up N200k and open your own barbing salon.

All those other things you are mentioning will not give you financial stability immediately.

It takes 6 months to learn barbing if you are serious.

2 Likes

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Jacksparrow7(m): 5:26pm On Jul 19, 2021
I don't like an abusive boss, but please the fact that you are not self sufficient yet, is real.
I will suggest you ask your parents for advice on what next trade to enter, there is barbing, solar, house wiring, vulcanizer, mechanic. Yes you have graduated and stepping into dirty, grease works like mechanic, might be insult to ones certificate. But seek advice, from parents and friends.
May God bless the labour of you hand.

5 Likes

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2021
LordSkyy:
Oga learn barbing or driving - for uber. All those ui/ux, digital marketing etc go just frustrate u.

Good advice

Most of these online skills just appear like football betting, anybody putting all his trust in them is sore confused.

Breakthrough in online business comes on its own, when you are busy doing other physical businesses.

5 Likes

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Kobicove(m): 5:33pm On Jul 19, 2021
Learn as much as you can then leave...do not stay long in a place where you will be subjected to abuse and insults by your boss

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Coded78: 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2021
Seniorwriter:

The latter is a Digital / Online Skill and Online Skill is Bae....there is no better feeling of knowing you alone control your time, resources and earings without restrictions.
With time you'll build yourself to financial Sufficiency.

Do you know you can even start earning @least $50 - $100 monthly before you are done with the UI/UX training or learning process? It's called Drop-servicing !!!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity

Wow...sick for 4yrs? Show proof of this and ill mentor you to earn @least $5daily or $150 monthly as long as you have access to Internet + browsing gadgets....then you pay me what ever you deem fit for the earning knowledge.

@Seniorwriter

Please I'm ready to learn the 5$or 150$earning.

How can I send the proof of my sickness,
Should I send my picture or what, my picture can't tell whether I'm sick or not

Secondly I can't I'm sick for 4 years to gain favour or to attract pity.i not my desire to be sick.

But that's how I found myself since 4 years that's why I'm looking for how to support myself.

Please if u can help , I will highly appreciate it
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Majestybaba92(m): 5:49pm On Jul 19, 2021
olusegun2025:

I'm a barber! I will advise you learn barbing.. You will never regret doing so

2 Likes

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Yeecar(m): 5:54pm On Jul 19, 2021
olusegun2025:

Mushroom cultivation business, please check my signature...
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
First; most jobs in naija has its own backside. It's either you're underpaid or you're abused but that's what d system gives. Learning d computer skills u mentioned is a super idea that will definitely pay in future BUT IT NEEDS A LOT OF COMMITMENT.
I will advise u to stick to d work and use d little earn to develop yourself IT wise. Forget about street, it doesn't work for everyone. IT related jobs are needed even in the country where there's no job let alone of overseas. If u suddenly manage to cross border with good IT skills. Your two months pay will surpass that of naija manager's six months pay.
Concentrate on IT, make real friends with IT skills not yahoo guys, invest in IT trust me u will over make it

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Ayo2004: 6:08pm On Jul 19, 2021
Na hunger go kee this one grin
Which boss in Nigeria is not toxic

Be like say nairaland motivation speakers of "I left my unhappy job and now I have a net worth of two planets,five rolls royce and three mansions in Miami" don dey enter ya mumu head

By the time u see say Forex na Bet9ja wey wear better suit,ya eye go shine

E even add unknown skill join sef grin
Be like say u get rich papa

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by DissTroy(m): 6:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
aalejobss:
A lot of people has been in your at one time or the other. Every experience must teach you a life lesson. I will prefer you take UI/UX design as that can change your story if you master the craft. You can work remotely and earn foreign currencies even while in Nigeria. Should power be a challenge to towards achieving that, I sell LiFePO4 powerbank for Laptop with solar, phcn and generator recharging capabilities. We have two sizes, 300WH and 480WH guaranteed to power you for 10hrs, 18 hours respectively. Price goes for 50k and 75k respectively. It can be easily made to work for your lighting, fan,Tv and other basic needs, we are reachable on 0806.53.16307. For more info, pls.check us out on wwwdotcooldipodotcom

Stop lying to him. UI/UX design isn't something you learn in one day or week or month. It has a learning curve, with the least being 6 months. Does he have that time and patience?

To be hired, he also needs to build his portfolio which means he'd have to charge almost peanuts at first to build his profile before getting gigs.

And the competition in UI/UX design as a standalone skill is high. He'd have to learn proper graphics and/or web design to measure up so he can source for gigs locally.

Why would you be so callous to lie to a man who is desperate so you can scam him? Is something wrong with you?

2 Likes

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Fortez: 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2021
Really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? / The Privileged #nairalife Of An Investment Banker With Multiple Side Businesses / Employer Fired A Staff And Asked Him To Come Back To Resign Should He ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.