Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. (14876 Views)

How Do You Deal With A Toxic Boss / Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report / First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by adonaimart(m): 6:18pm On Jul 19, 2021
Leave with out looking back if you have what will survive u for at least 6 months or even 3 months.

I always say this never accept anything less than what you expect for yourself.

Your back up plans are good, build your followership and keep honing your skills.

Note you will have bad days while on your own but if what motivates you is bigger than your fears, you will succeed.

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Coded78: 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2021
Seniorwriter:

The latter is a Digital / Online Skill and Online Skill is Bae....there is no better feeling of knowing you alone control your time, resources and earings without restrictions.
With time you'll build yourself to financial Sufficiency.

Do you know you can even start earning @least $50 - $100 monthly before you are done with the UI/UX training or learning process? It's called Drop-servicing !!!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity

Wow...sick for 4yrs? Show proof of this and ill mentor you to earn @least $5daily or $150 monthly as long as you have access to Internet + browsing gadgets....then you pay me what ever you deem fit for the earning knowledge.

@Seniorwriter

Please I really need to learn about the work

How can I show u the proof of my sickness
Can I send my picture, even my picture can't tell whether I'm sick or not

Moreover, I can say that I'm sick for 4 years to attract favour or pity,
I don't like it that I'm sick,. But that's how I saw it since 4 years,

Please if u can help me I will highly appreciate it
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by temitope27(m): 6:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
Jamahyel:
Its not everything you joke with.
do you think an joking, that's my advice egbon
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by RichAbujaGuy: 6:38pm On Jul 19, 2021
Op, how's ur hustle game? Dem say this guy lived a very luxurious lifestyle before him got caught. cheesy

Chukwudi Dumeme Onuamadike Evans Mansion & Its Interior (Photos, Video) - Crime - Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/3856847/chukwudi-dumeme-onuamadike-evans-mansion

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Energyking(m): 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2021
Best case scenario, learn Copywriting

With that skill, you can generate money for yourself anywhere. It is a core service that almost every other jobs rely on in one way or the other, if you know your onions well

If you start it now, by the time December will reach you should have made your first million writing for foreign brands and earning in dollars. Just practicing at least an hour everyday will get you to the top in no time

But it's all dependent on how interested you are and how committed you want to be. And the good part is that you don't need to have a B.Sc certificate and such to be good at it

My two cents
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
koxi:
You should NEVER stay in a place that is uncomfortable for you…move!
Good enough, you have a passion. Follow it. Put your all into it and reap the dividends later on…

Thanks for your Candid reply.... Pardon my typos tho.

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
lauryy:
op I can relate honestly
oh really, How did you survive? Have you leave the Job?
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
aalejobss:
A lot of people has been in your at one time or the other. Every experience must teach you a life lesson. I will prefer you take UI/UX design as that can change your story if you master the craft. You can work remotely and earn foreign currencies even while in Nigeria. Should power be a challenge to towards achieving that, I sell LiFePO4 powerbank for Laptop with solar, phcn and generator recharging capabilities. We have two sizes, 300WH and 480WH guaranteed to power you for 10hrs, 18 hours respectively. Price goes for 50k and 75k respectively. It can be easily made to work for your lighting, fan,Tv and other basic needs, we are reachable on 0806.53.16307. For more info, pls.check us out on wwwdotcooldipodotcom

Thanks boss
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 7:18pm On Jul 19, 2021
temitope27:
You can go and learn kidnapping, that's the only lucrative job in Nigeria
NO I can't do that! How many have you kidnap so far?
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
safesurfer:
Only you want to learn barbing, UI/UX, app development, etc. Bros calm down and choose one before your brain overheat and you break down mentally.

That said, you need to leave that work urgently and give that useless man a piece of your mind before you do.

May God help you.

Thanks for your advice... I've not conclude yet on what to do but I just love UI/UX.. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 7:23pm On Jul 19, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Most privately owned business in Nigeria have toxic bosses, the black man derives pleasure in making life miserable for his fellow black man. I see you getting a much better job, I see you going far in life.

This I have seen.
.. I claim that bro... Thanks
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:25pm On Jul 19, 2021
olusegun2025:

Thanks... I'll chat you up

If You Are Serious Minded Person
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 7:35pm On Jul 19, 2021
Geestarry:
@OP, it appears as though you are not really settled on WHAT YOU WANT to do.

I see that you have your mind on so many things already.

I advise that you choose ONE and give yourself time to learn and grow through it. If you are looking for IMMEDIATE results, you may not get it with the attitude of not focusing.

Give yourself time to learn and grow. While at it, you may try your hands on things that can give you some income e.g. Affiliate Marketing. I am willing to walk you through this. You could send a PM.
. Thanks so much for advise.. I'll definitely send you PM, God bless you!
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 7:37pm On Jul 19, 2021
paulsibility:
The post is so confusing?
Do you want us to tell you how to deal with the abusive boss.
Or how to convince your uncle that you work in a toxic environment.
Or suggest for you some profitable skills.

Oh sorry bro, I'm leaving the toxic BOSS this December to learn a skill.

Please suggest a profitable skills.
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 7:38pm On Jul 19, 2021
zombieHUNTER:
Leave such establishment

Definitely, thanks
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2021
LutanFyah:
Can you learn the UI/UX while still working with your Boss?

If yes,and you don't have a good capital, liquidity and support system, I'll advise you to stay there,learn the skill, get a better job and leave your Boss.

But if you can't stay there whilst learning the new skill, you can move out and continue your lessons away from him.

Well, I work from 8-6PM but now he has stylishly shift it to 8PM I work on Saturdays too..

The chance of me learning the skill while working is slim even tho I've videos materials and Laptop but I've planned to engage myself on Sundays.

I'm leaving the work this December to focus more on the skill.
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by fortune1968: 7:47pm On Jul 19, 2021
FalseProphet1:
Most privately owned business in Nigeria have toxic bosses, the black man derives pleasure in making life miserable for his fellow black man. I see you getting a much better job, I see you going far in life.

This I have seen.
Another Primate Ayodele OR T. B Joshua .
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Livesimple: 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2021
Seniorwriter:

The latter is a Digital / Online Skill and Online Skill is Bae....there is no better feeling of knowing you alone control your time, resources and earings without restrictions.
With time you'll build yourself to financial Sufficiency.

Do you know you can even start earning @least $50 - $100 monthly before you are done with the UI/UX training or learning process? It's called Drop-servicing !!!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity

Wow...sick for 4yrs? Show proof of this and ill mentor you to earn @least $5daily or $150 monthly as long as you have access to Internet + browsing gadgets....then you pay me what ever you deem fit for the earning knowledge.

Well you alone know how to show proof for your claims of been sick that long....FYI I don't pity rather I prefer to show empathy!
The yam and knife is now in your possession...do the needful.

@Seniorwriter

Why not drop ur WhatsApp number for chat
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 7:54pm On Jul 19, 2021
NobleSeed:
the devil you know is better than the devil you don't

just know how to create potions.keep your options open as long as you can .be ready to sacrifice a lower value option for a higher value option. Remember all options have an expiry date ...exercise or make your peace.
Remember_ a man without options is a man without power..
PEACE BRO
Thank you
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
CelestineNelson:
Any digital skill you possessed is marketable world wide...if it IT you are on the right track!
Be consistent
Patient
And gather all the necessary information in that field ...in the next five months, if you are also building your portfolio towards a nich trust me you will start removing the L in Learning and start using the remaining letters.
Good luck Bro. Being a domestic staff is a crucible where leaders are refined
You will know exactly how human should behave
What true loyalty is ...
Self denial
Total humility
How to manage things...
You will deep sense of responsibility required to manage anything on earth...
If you can manage a man for a year am sure you will manage anything.
Just be truthful, don't be lazy, do what is required of you at the right time, don't be be arrogant, to try to fill among, don't be intimidated, see it as a phase.
God bless your journey bro
And
...don't forget the lessons lernt. And don't adopt a servitude mentality ...

Thanks for the kind words!
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Godisfaithful: 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
A toxic boss is a death sentence to your skills. You are better off leaving than staying
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
okwadatigbogal:
My dear I was in your shoes some years back! I left too, but in my case I didn't have a plan at all. I was soo tired and depressed. Very very toxic place. I will not advice anyone in a toxic workplace to stay. When I left, i didnt know what to do, I used that time to pray like my life depended on it. i really needed a breakthrough. I'm in a much better place now. Thanks be to God.

Wow, Sorry for passing through that phase... I'm happy for you!

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by juman(m): 8:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
Toxic.

I cant stand it.
Either he kill you, or you kill him.
I run away from such person.
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 8:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
HRSweetness:
Honestly, you have made the best decision. Please save as much as you can and ensure you stay focused at learning this new skill. All the best.

Thanks! Lately, I've been Saving because my life depends on it!
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 8:08pm On Jul 19, 2021
Goldiness:
Since you have passion for barbing, go into it, do you can have a steady income. Toxic bosses can cause you a lot of problem, both health, psychological, emotional and reduce your self esteem. Try and be your own boss.
I won't lie you this has increase my low self esteem, I hardly talk because I am an extreme introvert, well reversed..., But this Man keep taking all the chances ��
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 8:13pm On Jul 19, 2021
Coded78:

Please teach me that criptocurrency and forex.
Me I have been sick for 4 years I don't go out no means of getting money
But I have a good phone.
I will appreciate it if u will help me by teaching me crypto and forex

I can't teach you FX because I've blown 3 account already.. but crypto, I don't have the chance... I'm so sorry �

I don't know how fast you can learn but I learn crypto by just googling questions and I'm applying it everyday.. Don't let anybody chop your money Google and YouTube is your best bet!
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2021
ford101:
Did you not hear of forex and cryptocurrency and how u would become very rich if you go into them? Same way u heard of graphics, UI/UX and programming etc. You are after Money.u shouldn't have anything to do with learning cos it takes time. Look for a business or simple skill u can learn in 3weeks eg driving, barbing, phone and PC repair etc.

Technically, everybody is after money and that's the main reasons why I learn FX and Crypto... If I had known the energy I use learning FX I would've use it learning other things, nevertheless FX has help me pick some nice Token that have great Use case.. for now I just want to learn a skill. Driving is not bad either!
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 8:25pm On Jul 19, 2021
elonmuskbaby:
Op I will tell you the truth

Toxic bosses kill self confidence, God given ingenuity and creativity

LEAVE BEFORE ALL YOUR POTENTIALS ARE KILLED.its not about having a job when you lack peace,rest of mind and job security.everyday you're never appreciated instead cursed at.that is not a job.if your uncle feels you're lazy,Na him sabi.his opinion of you doesn't determine your destination

Don't let any narcissistic boss that derive irritating joy in killing your spirit.na depression and suicidal tendencies you dey play with o

Continue developing your skills
Thanks Bro, there's a particular day that I looked at myself, shake my head and Ive this feelings talking to me that I might not make it in life, because I've look so less of myself and it's look like I'll not be useful in the society!

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 8:28pm On Jul 19, 2021
kings59:

A friend of mine just did that today. He is very happy. His salary was slashed 55:45.

How can one work and someone else is eating??

After working for a Salary of 80k
His share 45k

Person that he is under 35k

What a wicked world!!!

His boss is very mean.

Wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SEAFARERS Messroom / N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? / The Privileged #nairalife Of An Investment Banker With Multiple Side Businesses

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.