Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. (14872 Views)

How Do You Deal With A Toxic Boss / Bento Africa Suspends CEO Ebunoluwa Okunbanjo After ‘Toxic Workplace’ Report / First Class Graduates Work For Me - Lady With Third Class Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by kings59: 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2021
olusegun2025:

Wow

Many Nigerians are suffering from that. Only if they could do like that man, things would go well.
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by chaiks: 8:32pm On Jul 19, 2021
Please brethren, what's thevUI/UX design all about?. Any other valuable and easy to learn digital skills one can master before the end otlf this year? I am seriously being overworked in my current place of employment and the pay is low. Am just bearing it until I finish a certificate program in marketing management with a business school abroad and get my cert. I just need t
a skill that will help me get the money to write Ielts and apply for scholarship abroad this year. My brothers am dying slowly and only me knows that. Kindly help me if u can please
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2021
Seniorwriter:

The latter is a Digital / Online Skill and Online Skill is Bae....there is no better feeling of knowing you alone control your time, resources and earings without restrictions.
With time you'll build yourself to financial Sufficiency.

Do you know you can even start earning @least $50 - $100 monthly before you are done with the UI/UX training or learning process? It's called Drop-servicing !!!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity

Wow...sick for 4yrs? Show proof of this and ill mentor you to earn @least $5daily or $150 monthly as long as you have access to Internet + browsing gadgets....then you pay me what ever you deem fit for the earning knowledge.

Well you alone know how to show proof for your claims of been sick that long....FYI I don't pity rather I prefer to show empathy!
The yam and knife is now in your possession...do the needful.

@Seniorwriter

Thanks... This will be useful for now! How can I contact you.
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by elonmuskbaby: 8:42pm On Jul 19, 2021
olusegun2025:
Thanks Bro, there's a particular day that I looked at myself, shake my head and Ive this feelings talking to me that I might not make it in life, because I've look so less of myself and it's look like I'll not be useful in the society!
resign ASAP before you loose yourself and your senses.you are better than a job
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Coded78: 8:54pm On Jul 19, 2021
Please what do u mean by saying that u have blown foreex 3 times

Is it not working or not

olusegun2025:

I can't teach you FX because I've blown 3 account already.. but crypto, I don't have the chance... I'm so sorry �

I don't know how fast you can learn but I learn crypto by just googling questions and I'm applying it everyday.. Don't let anybody chop your money Google and YouTube is your best bet!
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Coded78: 8:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
olusegun2025:

Thanks... This will be useful for now! How can I contact you.
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 8:58pm On Jul 19, 2021
Goldbw122:
Just go to a place that will be comfortable for you and your soul, and practice with all sincerity then you will experience peace of mind, and I like that new skill that you want to learn too, it will show you the real value of hard work.. peace

Thanks!
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 9:01pm On Jul 19, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:

Save your salary. Save up N200k and open your own barbing salon.

All those other things you are mentioning will not give you financial stability immediately.

It takes 6 months to learn barbing if you are serious.
thanks for you candid advise.
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Coded78: 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
Seniorwriter:

The latter is a Digital / Online Skill and Online Skill is Bae....there is no better feeling of knowing you alone control your time, resources and earings without restrictions.
With time you'll build yourself to financial Sufficiency.

Do you know you can even start earning @least $50 - $100 monthly before you are done with the UI/UX training or learning process? It's called Drop-servicing !!!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity

Wow...sick for 4yrs? Show proof of this and ill mentor you to earn @least $5daily or $150 monthly as long as you have access to Internet + browsing gadgets....then you pay me what ever you deem fit for the earning knowledge.

Well you alone know how to show proof for your claims of been sick that long....FYI I don't pity rather I prefer to show empathy!
The yam and knife is now in your possession...do the needful.

@Seniorwriter

I went to hospital to do a medical check-up but the results show that I'm physically healthy, while I'm not.
So should I send the results.

I have no other proof. Except asking from my family members that knew me
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
Jacksparrow7:
I don't like an abusive boss, but please the fact that you are not self sufficient yet, is real.
I will suggest you ask your parents for advice on what next trade to enter, there is barbing, solar, house wiring, vulcanizer, mechanic. Yes you have graduated and stepping into dirty, grease works like mechanic, might be insult to ones certificate. But seek advice, from parents and friends.
May God bless the labour of you hand.
Amen. Thanks,
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 9:09pm On Jul 19, 2021
drehenry:
First; most jobs in naija has its own backside. It's either you're underpaid or you're abused but that's what d system gives. Learning d computer skills u mentioned is a super idea that will definitely pay in future BUT IT NEEDS A LOT OF COMMITMENT.
I will advise u to stick to d work and use d little earn to develop yourself IT wise. Forget about street, it doesn't work for everyone. IT related jobs are needed even in the country where there's no job let alone of overseas. If u suddenly manage to cross border with good IT skills. Your two months pay will surpass that of naija manager's six months pay.
Concentrate on IT, make real friends with IT skills not yahoo guys, invest in IT trust me u will over make it

Thanks Sir, I really appreciate!
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by TheStrongest: 9:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:

Good advice

Most of these online skills just appear like football betting, anybody putting all his trust in them is sore confused.

Breakthrough in online business comes on its own, when you are busy doing other physical businesses.
You're not informed Sir.
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Okworigeorge(m): 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2021
SKYHIGHfx:
Still learn that forex trading but this time around learn it from me
hi, which state are u base?
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by brownskilo(m): 9:23pm On Jul 19, 2021
Please leave that job as soon as possible.i was once in your in shoes thinking of how family will react if I should quit the job.but guess what I quited without informing any one.spent just two months at home to get my self back together and fix all other aspects of my life the so called job took away from me and I got two nice offers immediately.

I would advise you to go for the UIX, uix is a very high demanding skills at the moment and you can easily get internship or remote job.

Working with a toxic boss or environment can affects your mental health,your dressing,your eating habits, your self worth and everyother aspects of your life and even when you eventually get a new job your self esteem will still be affected.
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by zakkyzakes: 9:30pm On Jul 19, 2021
Geestarry:
@OP, it appears as though you are not really settled on WHAT YOU WANT to do.

I see that you have your mind on so many things already.

I advise that you choose ONE and give yourself time to learn and grow through it. If you are looking for IMMEDIATE results, you may not get it with the attitude of not focusing.

Give yourself time to learn and grow. While at it, you may try your hands on things that can give you some income e.g. Affiliate Marketing. I am willing to walk you through this. You could send a PM.
i'm interested in the affiliate marketing ma'M
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 9:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
brownskilo:
Please leave that job as soon as possible.i was once in your in shoes thinking of how family will react if I should quit the job.but guess what I quited without informing any one.spent just two months at home to get my self back together and fix all other aspects of my life the so called job took away from me and I got two nice offers immediately.

I would advise you to go for the UIX, uix is a very high demanding skills at the moment and you can easily get internship or remote job.

Working with a toxic boss or environment can affects your mental health,your dressing,your eating habits, your self worth and everyother aspects of your life and even when you eventually get a new job your self esteem will still be affected.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Thanks for the heads-up too... God bless you!
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 9:37pm On Jul 19, 2021
Geestarry:
@OP, it appears as though you are not really settled on WHAT YOU WANT to do.

I see that you have your mind on so many things already.

I advise that you choose ONE and give yourself time to learn and grow through it. If you are looking for IMMEDIATE results, you may not get it with the attitude of not focusing.

Give yourself time to learn and grow. While at it, you may try your hands on things that can give you some income e.g. Affiliate Marketing. I am willing to walk you through this. You could send a PM.
.. P.M you already!
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by SeunOshewaWife(f): 10:34pm On Jul 19, 2021
LordSkyy:
Oga learn barbing or driving - for uber. [b]All those ui/ux, digital marketing etc go just frustrate u.[/b

How? But, they are digital skills and should make him earn better.

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Obakashdee(m): 10:44pm On Jul 19, 2021
DissTroy:

Stop lying to him. UI/UX design isn't something you learn in one day or week or month. It has a learning curve, with the least being 6 months. Does he have that time and patience?

To be hired, he also needs to build his portfolio which means he'd have to charge almost peanuts at first to build his profile before getting gigs.

And the competition in UI/UX design as a standalone skill is high. He'd have to learn proper graphics and/or web design to measure up so he can source for gigs locally.

Why would you be so callous to lie to a man who is desperate so you can scam him? Is something wrong with you?

Are you a ui/Ux designer
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by DissTroy(m): 12:00am On Jul 20, 2021
Obakashdee:

Are you a ui/Ux designer
Positive.
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by FatherCHRISTMAS: 12:08am On Jul 20, 2021
I'd suggest you b patient

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olaodun: 1:50am On Jul 20, 2021
Before you leave get a good laptop and good smart handset then get small money to sell online like jumia and konga and others free online advert site like Jiji and others But skills will pay you anywhere any time IT is the skills of the future you can see everything goes online and digital so learn good IT skill that will earn you good income

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by SKYHIGHfx: 6:54am On Jul 20, 2021
Okworigeorge:
hi, which state are u base?

Am based in damaturu.... But distance is not a barrier.. We will use Google Meet and fully record....
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Okworigeorge(m): 8:11am On Jul 20, 2021
SKYHIGHfx:

Am based in damaturu.... But distance is not a barrier.. We will use Google Meet and fully record....
lemme have ur WhatsApp number
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by temitope27(m): 8:25am On Jul 20, 2021
olusegun2025:
NO I can't do that! How many have you kidnap so far?
I don't need it, cos I've got good job already
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by SKYHIGHfx: 8:29am On Jul 20, 2021
Okworigeorge:

Drop yours I will message u ASAP
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by escapadechuks: 10:07am On Jul 20, 2021
I left a toxic job too in 2020, in the middle of a pandemic. Got another job early this year.

1 Like

Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 11:33am On Jul 20, 2021
olaodun:
Before you leave get a good laptop and good smart handset then get small money to sell online like jumia and konga and others free online advert site like Jiji and others But skills will pay you anywhere any time IT is the skills of the future you can see everything goes online and digital so learn good IT skill that will earn you good income

I use Redmi Note 8 and I have good laptop also.... How can I go about the jumia stuff?
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by olusegun2025(m): 11:34am On Jul 20, 2021
temitope27:
I don't need it, cos I've got good job already
Good for you!
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by SKYHIGHfx: 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2021
Okworigeorge:

Pls drop your I will contact you asap.. Or send an email to skyhigh_fx@outlook.com
Re: Leaving A Toxic Boss/work For Unknown Skill. by Goldiness: 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2021
olusegun2025:

I won't lie you this has increase my low self esteem, I hardly talk because I am an extreme introvert, well reversed..., But this Man keep taking all the chances ��

See brother move on, to the brightest side of life and don't let bitter people keep you and your destiny in one spot. He is not the owner of your life and should not determine it, because you work for him, you better leave that place before it's to late. These are the things that make some people go into wrong choice in life simply because of someone made them look down on themselves. Leave that your boss he doesn't like himself, so he can't like others, he will be like that forever because he is formed already, no one can change him. Move on and be your own boss.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SEAFARERS Messroom / 150 Federal Deputy Directors Fail Promotion Exams / N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.