Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,234 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. (49960 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo: I Have Never Been Married At 56 Because I Won't Submit To A Man / Virginity At 35, Is It A Thing Of Pride Or Shame? / Pastor Ibiyeomie: If You Are Not Married At 35, You Are An Irresponsible Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by JohnBullMySon: 9:29am On Jul 20, 2021
VTJN:
Lol

Are you indirectly saying a house wife can't be a companion?

Are you indirectly saying a woman must be a career woman before she can build a successful home or a companion?

This is another reason why the lady affirmed guys senses are perhaps not complete or outrightly slow compare to his female counterparts
Go and live with couples with significant age gaps first, then you'll get me better. No one is talking about career or no career. There is difference between having a close confidant and companion than an ordinary housewife. Some men are too "matured" for their wifes, so she can only bring food and sex to the table. They find it very difficult to synthesize issues together and this causes the man to look down on his lady. On the outside they may look okay, but inside they do not resonate mentally.

The best bet is to marry someone you connect with, with similar characteristics. Someone close to your age. Even if there's immaturity, you'll both grow into each other with time.

A happy marriage is not about who is matured enough to take care of a girl but who fits with a girl.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by vickydevoka(m): 9:29am On Jul 20, 2021
englishmart:
I understand age is just a number, but all numbers are not equal still. The society tend to fix a standard for everything. Most guys will want to get married on or before they turn 30, but a couple of uncontrollable factors preclude that from happening.

What's your take concerning marrying at 35 for guys. Do you think it's a bit late?
How much u get
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by lakesidepapa(m): 9:29am On Jul 20, 2021
femo86:

Research shows what.....where is your source?

Bros.. Long time, How's everything in Gemo..Do you remember me?
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by mailemy(m): 9:30am On Jul 20, 2021
Myopic thinking. Must you be retired or you think every man is private or public worker. Why not think of having investments and businesses. I don't blame you,most likely the current condition of your life that has affected your thought and utterances.
dingbang:
So by 60, your kids will be entering uni? By that that you will be retired and not capable to support them in university.

7 Likes

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by VTJN(m): 9:31am On Jul 20, 2021
LebenNG:

Generally many guys below 30 only reason petty relationships, show offs, education and cruise.. the word is many not all. right boss.
Absolutely

I'm below 30 and all what i think of now is how to get a good paid job, have a feasible business moving, get scholarships abroad for studies and many more. My poor background shouldn't be a limit to achieving success

Definitely on getting to that age range 35 and above, chances has it that i might be responsible enough to start a family of mine

Btw, that doesn't mean that all guys within that age range; 35 and above are responsible enough to house a wife

7 Likes

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by Karleb(m): 9:33am On Jul 20, 2021
frankpro27:

Just calm down. In most cases, girl of 25 has more sense than boy of 25. Doesn't mean the guy doesn't have sense at all. But in terms of marriage, in most cases guys below 30 lacks the sense it takes to sustain marriage

This is pure nonsense sha.
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by stupidmod3: 9:34am On Jul 20, 2021
shadeyinka:

dingbang actually spoke very maturely.
There is no fun when at 60 years you are spaying school fees.

Late marriages usually for men is due to economic uncertainties. The earlier you make your money for men the earlier they settle down except they are playboys.
u are obviously child wat as age got to do with fees seriously where una keep una Brain
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by limcar: 9:35am On Jul 20, 2021
PAWG:

She’s right, some married women are just struggling in marriages that should’ve been avoided. Societal pressure just messes with some ladies.
My brother, the truth is 90percent of people marry out of pressure.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by stupidmod3: 9:35am On Jul 20, 2021
Verysmart101:

He is saying the truth bro.This is wat people don't with the way people die during their 40s to 50s it should really be considered
u are obviously one wat as age got to do with fees seriously where una keep una Brain.

wat happens to people who are in their early age n can't even feed family seriously wise up

2 Likes

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by Skyfly007: 9:35am On Jul 20, 2021
StPete:
Do not let anyone deceive you, marrying at 35 is a tard late. Looking at the present state of Nigeria, except you have planned billions down for your unborn children, you will probably have to keep struggling in old age or after retirement to keep them alive and in school.

More so, research shows that the best time to give birth to healthy looking kids should be from 18-28 years
Stop wallowing in ignorance with your fake research bro....

5 Likes

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by ike95: 9:36am On Jul 20, 2021
simplepee:
It's not late or abnormal.

Infact I'm not sure I can marry a man under 35. Men are very slow with sense. That 35 sef, some of them still don't have sense.
women are they most unwise creature on earth so far, na me talk am

1 Like

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by Teaser4(m): 9:36am On Jul 20, 2021
ibechris:

At retirement u will know if u are right or not.

Wait when pampass would be 10k.
Children Vaccines would be 10k
Milk would be 10k.

U better start reasoning now,the sleepness night men go through to assist their wife's can be frustrating and consuming at the same. Old age isn't good for nurturing children.
Time shall tell.
lmao, I don’t live in the shithole bro
Mind your business

1 Like

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by OJURONGBE1(m): 9:36am On Jul 20, 2021
StPete:
Do not let anyone deceive you, marrying at 35 is a tard late. Looking at the present state of Nigeria, except you have planned billions down for your unborn children, you will probably have to keep struggling in old age or after retirement to keep them alive and in school.

More so, research shows that the best time to give birth to healthy looking kids should be from 18-28 year

This research is flawed.
Bill gate got married late and had his children in his 40's , are the children not looking healthy enough?
There are so many 28-34year olds, whose parents got married & had them early but due to their economic woes, they are living off their 50-55year old parents cos they have no means of survival, while some 20-26year olds, whose parents got married late, are doing just fine & are giving back to their 60-70+ parents.
Some single people are focused on their goals rather than marriage at the moment. They will eventually get married and have kids. Whenever they decide on that is their choice. People get married for diverse reason.
You people should stop shoving this nonsense down our throat.

14 Likes

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by VTJN(m): 9:37am On Jul 20, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Go and live with couples with significant age gaps first, then you'll get me better. No one is talking about career or no career. There is difference between having a close confidant and companion than an ordinary housewife. Some men are too "matured" for their wifes, so she can only bring food and sex to the table. They find it very difficult to synthesize issues together and this causes the man to look down on his lady. On the outside they may look okay, but inside they do not resonate mentally.

The best bet is to marry someone you connect with, with similar characteristics. Someone close to your age. Even if there's immaturity, you'll both grow into each other with time.

A happy marriage is not about who is matured enough to take care of a girl but who fits with a girl.
Yes bro

You are absolutely right

What i mean by an 18years old girl having the prerequisite to build a home is being matured enough to be a wife and a mother

She actually needs to be his companion before moving in or considering him

On the aspects of age gap, you could be right though but differ

Different stroke for different folks

Omotola jolade got married at her young age and her marriage still glows. While someone might marry at her mid 20s and didn't marriage may not work out

It differ

4 Likes

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by efelico: 9:38am On Jul 20, 2021
StPete:

More so, research shows that the best time to give birth to healthy looking kids should be from 18-28 years

While I agree 35 is late. It's better you train your children on how to start making money on their own early in life. Every environment has marketable skills both online and offline they can under in less than 8yrs and they are good to go. My closest friend started wiring at age 18, that guy lives independently of whether his parent provide for him or not. Currently one of my students in J.s.s 3 makes Atleast 5k from graphic design every month. Everything na training plus say God bless our hustle

1 Like

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by Karleb(m): 9:39am On Jul 20, 2021
Blessed4sure:
Maybe it's granted that females attain maturity and "have sense" earlier than males, on the average. Maybe it's because they're by nature more tender and responsible.

But I'm sure you don't have any fact to prove they are "intellectual ahead" of a male child.

Outcomes from most research limit it to only physical, emotional and behavioural maturity, not intellectual.

Girls are only physically more mature than boys of their age.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by babyfaceafrica: 9:39am On Jul 20, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Go and live with couples with significant age gaps first, then you'll get me better. No one is talking about career or no career. There is difference between having a close confidant and companion than an ordinary housewife. Some men are [b]too "matured" for their wifes, [/b]so she can only bring food and sex to the table. They find it very difficult to synthesize issues together and this causes the man to look down on his lady. On the outside they may look okay, but inside they do not resonate mentally.

This depends on a lot of things not just age gap. What's the age gap between joke silver and olu jacob?.. Close to 20... Life no balance. You can be age mates with your wife and still not have peace

4 Likes

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by byinks(f): 9:41am On Jul 20, 2021
siofra:
Useless old evening newspapers angry
Mansluts who have wasted their youth away and now want women to settle for less. angry

Lol...!
Bitter much..
35 is a fine age for a man to get married

1 Like

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by VTJN(m): 9:41am On Jul 20, 2021
berrystunn:

Ask your Dad when he got married.
I asked my Dad he said he got married at the age of 25yr and my mom was 16yr then

I think at that time they behave more mature.. more then is generations.

Take a look at General Yakubu Gowon become head of state... Married with kids at age
31. And you know he did not just start and become the head of state. Started at age 18.

Lieutenant Colonel Ojukwu 33 years Old
General Murtala Muhammed 37 years Old.
General Olusegun Obasanjo (39 years old).
Major General Muhammadu Buhari (41 Years Old).
Major General Aguiyi-Ironsi (42 Years Old).

All General and head of state at that age .. if you agree with me that they did not start and become the head of state.

At that age with top responsibility...

yes you are absolutely right

My dad got married @27 and their marriage today is 37 years still counting forever

I guess something is foundamentally wrong with this generation guys honestly

I never wish or pray to raise my kids in this country

Expecially the female ones

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by Karleb(m): 9:44am On Jul 20, 2021
ibechris:

At retirement u will know if u are right or not.

Wait when pampass would be 10k.
Children Vaccines would be 10k
Milk would be 10k.

U better start reasoning now,the sleepness night men go through to assist their wife's can be frustrating and consuming at the same. Old age isn't good for nurturing children.
Time shall tell.

Let's say he married at 35 and retires at 60.

So at 60 he would still be buying pampers for his kids abi?

I know many of you are pro marriage but make una dey reason before una go post.

5 Likes

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by Sirwallace(m): 9:44am On Jul 20, 2021
simplepee:

Infact I'm not sure I can marry a man under 35. Men are very slow with sense. That 35 sef, some of them still don't have sense.

This is an aberration on the male gender.

How did you come up with that.

I thought the contrary is the case when it comes to women.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by Beface(m): 9:44am On Jul 20, 2021
simplepee:

Lol see as you take finished your uncles.
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by Truvelisback(m): 9:44am On Jul 20, 2021
It's late but not too late.
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by KingOKON: 9:45am On Jul 20, 2021
dingbang:
So by 60, your kids will be entering uni? By that that you will be retired and not capable to support them in university.

You are the type that born anyhow with the children lacking in every basic thing
You for marry at 18
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by Muhylonaire007: 9:45am On Jul 20, 2021
VTJN:
she's absolutely right with the Men are slow with sense

Accept what is ours man

We are not the same, I'm not accepting what isn't mine bro.
Responsibilities made so many men assume elderly role as you say all men are slow with sense and I should accept that?
When it comes to human related issue, do not ever generalise it.
This is not litmus paper that will turn blue in every lab.

3 Likes

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by limcar: 9:45am On Jul 20, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Sagging or hairstyle doesn't determine who makes a good husband. An 18-24 year old marrying a 35 year old is a potential disaster. Unless the woman wants to be a housewife and not a companion.
it's not a given
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by nomenclature(m): 9:46am On Jul 20, 2021
Corrections
1 there is nothing like true love,humans marry who they can be of benefit to.
2 your clergy does not have power to certify who you marry,he is mortal like you .
nokspos:
it depends on the age you found true love or when you found whom your heart is contented with and the feelings is mutual. And after prayer your clergy man certify you two compatible for the long ride regardless the bumpy road ahead, some people find this at age 20, some 25 some 35 some 55.

4 Likes

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by limcar: 9:47am On Jul 20, 2021
BlueAir:
I swear. Marriage is a trap that favors women only. If u want to achieve more in this life,avoid marriage. At worst,get a babymama as last resort
people will talk
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by limcar: 9:47am On Jul 20, 2021
BlueAir:
I swear. Marriage is a trap that favors women only. If u want to achieve more in this life,avoid marriage. At worst,get a babymama as last resort
what will people say
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by Ugonna62: 9:47am On Jul 20, 2021
dingbang:
So 60year old cannot support someone in the university? Is that what you mean?
Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by redirect(m): 9:47am On Jul 20, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]TO MARRY IS NOT THE PROBLEM BUT CAN YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR FAMILY,NO BE TO THE BEG MONEY FOR STREET UP AND DOWN. BE WISE!

1 Like

Re: Getting Married At 35. Is It Late, Normal Or early For Guys. by Gbest90(m): 9:48am On Jul 20, 2021
simplepee:

Slow with sense kee you there. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

I Want To Arrest My Girlfriend's Mother / Masturbation, Betting Have Killed Me Help Out / 8 Things Nigerian Girls Say That Are Annoying.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.