Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) (6059 Views)

"You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America / Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) / It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Ofodirinwa: 7:20pm On Jul 21, 2021
There is a reward for anyone that can answer ^the exam questions on page 2 grin grin grin
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by theTranscriber: 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2021
Igbo land is land locked

Stop decieving yourselves

What kinda delusional reasoning is this?

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by theTranscriber: 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2021
Ofodirinwa:
3. A BIAFRAN boat with 3 million dollars worth of Innoson vehicles is headed to Russia after Putin makes an order for high quality SUVs, soud soud people will do which of the following

a. Bomb the boat full of Russian goods
b. hijack the boat, kill the igbos, steal the Igbo cars
c. Us resident juju to turn the boat around
d. drink all of the water in river Nigeria preventing trade
this is all borne out of a deranged mind
Of all carmakers in the world Putin will settle for innoson?
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Guestlander: 7:37pm On Jul 21, 2021
vasel15:

Na by gdp?

I merely referred to what the OP posted.
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Crofton: 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

show me an example in the past 100 years of someone blocking a river. Even in a time of war.
I'm talking about countries that are capable, not a beans and garri Nigeria.

The US went to war with landlocked Iraq. Show me the blocked river.
The US went to war with landlocked Afghanistan, Show me the blocked river.
It is like saying you will block my door with your body so I can't enter my house. I will just get one kin stop and jakapka that your dry head.

According to the UN, a landlocked state is one with no sea-coast .

So the South East is landlocked, this doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have access to the sea, Infact they do, but all access are transit through other regions and hence if the SE is to breakaway from Nigeria, they must reach an agreement with Nigeria or Niger Delta to transport goods and services to and fro .

This is how Austria and Switzerland do it, as far as the landlocked state poses no threat to the transit state, and as long as no side unilaterally withdraws from the agreements, then this should not be hectic .

We should understand that even if we stop being a country, we will remain neighbours for centuries to come and must learn to put differences aside and progress simultaneously .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by theTranscriber: 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2021
Crofton:

So the South East is landlocked, this doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have access to the sea, Infact they do, but all access are transit through other regions and hence if the SE is to breakaway from Nigeria, they must reach an agreement with Nigeria or Niger Delta to transport goods and services to and fro .

This is how Austria and Switzerland do it, as far as the landlocked state poses no threat to the transit state, and as long as no side unilaterally withdraws from the agreements, then this should not be hectic .

We should understand that even if we stop being a country, we will remain neighbours for centuries to come and must learn to put differences aside and progress simultaneously .
Exactly
You are wise
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Ofodirinwa: 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2021
Crofton:

The agreement has already been done. It's called international law and common sense, and those who believe the argeement will/can/should be broken should state how that will look like.

Lets talk about Nigeria now.

Brazil, China, India, Japan, US and the European Union. are the 6 top Nigerian trade partners.

If you block a ship, you are actually aggressing against 2 countries, not one.

If Brazil is buying Biafran oil and you block that ship, the oil has been paid for before shipping. So now you're holding Brazil's cargo hostage.
Forget that anyone in the said south south forgets that the south east is 10x more populace than any single south south ethnic group and could, without question, flatten them if there is hostility. Is the South South ready to fight both Brazil and Igbos?

If they skip Brazil and block China. Is the south south ready to hold the Chinese hostage that are coming to pick up the Igbo made products they bought? If Igbos buy Chinese products, is the South South ready to block the Chinese from selling their goods to a trade partner? Forget the liver; does the region have the ability to fight a war against 2 countries over a boat? After China it's India, Japan, the US the EU. Which one of these blocks and countries is the south south ready to kill, or kidnap, obstruct or fight? When people say 'block a river' it's on them to explain what they mean.

the 'land locked' countries that have agreements are the ones with no water access to the sea. So Ethiopia has an agreement with several neighbors because you cannot under any circumstance get a boat from the Ocean to Ethiopia, you have to unload and drive. The unloading is where the 'deal' is, not the movement of boats. If Igbos have to use a port somewhere else they will have to make that agreement with them but if they have direct water access, then no unless that other country is ready to fight every single time a boat comes to Igbo land.

This thread is exposing that many Nigerians don't know how business works.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Ofodirinwa: 10:17pm On Jul 21, 2021
China is bringing TVs to Biafra using a multi million dollar boat. One Ijaw canoe man will then block the boat. When the Chinese put a bullet in his head they will realize where they're at.

When they tried to block Shell Obansanjo bombed them and he's their president. They will now come and block 2 foreign countries with canoe. chie.

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Crofton: 10:35pm On Jul 21, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

The agreement has already been done. It's called international law and common sense, and those who believe the argeement will/can/should be broken should state how that will look like.

Lets talk about Nigeria now.

Brazil, China, India, Japan, US and the European Union. are the 6 top Nigerian trade partners.

If you block a ship, you are actually aggressing against 2 countries, not one.

If Brazil is buying Biafran oil and you block that ship, the oil has been paid for before shipping. So now you're holding Brazil's cargo hostage.
Forget that anyone in the said south south forgets that the south east is 10x more populace than any single south south ethnic group and could, without question, flatten them if there is hostility. Is the South South ready to fight both Brazil and Igbos?

If they skip Brazil and block China. Is the south south ready to hold the Chinese hostage that are coming to pick up the Igbo made products they bought? If Igbos buy Chinese products, is the South South ready to block the Chinese from selling their goods to a trade partner? Forget the liver; does the region have the ability to fight a war against 2 countries over a boat? After China it's India, Japan, the US the EU. Which one of these blocks and countries is the south south ready to kill, or kidnap, obstruct or fight? When people say 'block a river' it's on them to explain what they mean.

the 'land locked' countries that have agreements are the ones with no water access to the sea. So Ethiopia has an agreement with several neighbors because you cannot under any circumstance get a boat from the Ocean to Ethiopia, you have to unload and drive. The unloading is where the 'deal' is, not the transport.

This thread is exposing that many Nigerians don't know how business works.

Lol, That's not how things work .

Although international laws may frown on any blockade, the transit country might still do so if threatened .

Why always playing the WAR game? Is this how simple and easy you think war is ? International bodies will not engage in War for such meagre issue. In 2017, some Middle East countries implemented a Partial blockade on Qatar, which reduced their importation and exportation, what happened? Did the countries buying or selling from Qatar engage Saudi Arabia in War for obstructing trade with Qatar ?

Even if the transit country has a population and land mass 1/10th of yours, you need their permission before you move your goods through their country to yours, That's how things works.

So, instead of a hostile engagement, I'll be better for both countries to solve everything through diplomacy .

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Crofton: 10:38pm On Jul 21, 2021
theTranscriber:
Exactly You are wise
Thank you .
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Ofodirinwa: 10:44pm On Jul 21, 2021
Crofton:

Lol, That's not how things work .

Although international laws may frown on any blockade, the transit country might still do so if threatened .

Why always playing the WAR game? Is this how simple and easy you think war is ? International bodies will not engage in War for such meagre issue. In 2017, some Middle East countries implemented a Partial blockade on Qatar, which reduced their importation and exportation, what happened? Did the countries buying or selling from Qatar engage Saudi Arabia in War for obstructing trade with Qatar ?

Even if the transit country has a population and land mass 1/10th of yours, you need their permission before you move your goods through their country to yours, That's how things works.

So, instead of a hostile engagement, I'll be better for both countries to solve everything through diplomacy .

a blockade is an act of war. Those countries had an embargo on qatar, which means they themselves refused to buy qatar products. Saudia Arabia and others refused to buy qatari products. They didn't abduct Chinese people coming to do the same or hijack or bomb their boats.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-55538792

a blockade (root word block) is the restriction of movement and countries don't import and export to themselves lol. If you're not able to differentiate blockade and embargo then you're in trouble and you need to use this thread to learn rather than argue. Nobody needs anyone's permission to move through international waterways and the Niger River is an international water way. If you're not aware of that then I don't know what I can do for you.

5 Likes

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Ofodirinwa: 10:50pm On Jul 21, 2021
In order to do a blockade you have to ATTACK the ships coming in and out. Britain had a blockade against WWII Nazi Germany (didn't work too well either). Once a blockade is started you must be ready and willing to defend it with your life because the war has begun.

Blockade - an act or means of sealing off a place to prevent goods or people from entering or leaving.
Embargo - an official ban on trade or other commercial activity with a particular country.

Explain how the blockade by the south south will be done. Who will do it, how will it be done, and why will the two countries you're aggressing against allow it to exist for more than 1 hour. If you plan on hijacking or bombing US and EU trade ships explain how this will be done. If you plan on blocking Igbo products from reaching Russia, China, Brazil and India, what's the plan for getting it done? Canoe? Oyel?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by IGBOSON1: 11:02pm On Jul 21, 2021
Ofodirinwa:
China is bringing TVs to Biafra using a multi million dollar boat. One Ijaw canoe man will then block the boat. When the Chinese put a bullet in his head they will realize where they're at.

When they tried to block Shell Obansanjo bombed them and he's their president. They will now come and block 2 foreign countries with canoe. chie.

You’re giving these mumus free tutorial on international relations as pertains laws of sea access and shipping!

Nice one bros! wink

4 Likes

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Idiko1: 11:35pm On Jul 21, 2021
Nigeria is a total waste.
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Idiko1: 11:37pm On Jul 21, 2021
theTranscriber:
Igbo land is land locked

Stop decieving yourselves

What kinda delusional reasoning is this?

Only fools talk about land locked in terms of a country.

3 Likes

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Nwaide01: 12:22am On Jul 22, 2021
Officialgarri:
SE is landlocked within a single country. Use your senses and check its implications
Hello,i think you are the one who fail to make use of your senses here. Do you think there will still be anything like Nigeria when Igbo leaves this entity?

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Nobody: 12:44am On Jul 22, 2021
Sammy07:

Don't rivers have source?
If the source is affected what do you think will happen?

Lol, jokes on you.
Do you know the amount Ethiopia is paying the small country besides her just to import and have access to sea.

Lol, of will ships from no where disappear into Onisha or imo river without coming from Somewhere?

Lol, If South South Stop ur access to sea and river Niger and Benue are dredge in Kogi state.
There is nothing YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.
cos it will affects all rivers connecting to River Niger and Benue except those states that have boundaries to Ocean and seas.
this your comment got me!!! Now let me ask you, Even if Biafra (Igbo nation) comes, what makes you think that the south Southerners / Nigeria would block the access to occean If not that we Nigerians are filled with hate, we wouldn't have been in this level of development.. .. ..

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Masterito(m): 12:45am On Jul 22, 2021
The funny things is if Biafra is allowed to go, many countries will join them.
legendgalas:
Austra is landlocked to many countries
Biafra is landlocked to only Nigeria

If you get sense, you for reason first before you talk this nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Ofodirinwa: 5:46am On Jul 22, 2021
Grgton:
this your comment got me!!! Now let me ask you, Even if Biafra (Igbo nation) comes, what makes you think that the south Southerners / Nigeria would block the access to occean If not that we Nigerians are filled with hate, we wouldn't have been in this level of development.. .. ..

Because the person saying it has so much hate in him that the only thing his mind can imagine a person doing when they see and Igbo boat is try to destroy or obstruct it. He has so much has in him that he automatically thinks others will naturally try to assure nobody in the SE eats.

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Sammy07: 6:07am On Jul 22, 2021
Grgton:

I didn't say they should block it.

But the method OP and his Igbo guys used to abuse and curse us make me to replied him

If you notice I wrote IF
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by cheruv: 7:12am On Jul 22, 2021
Sammy07:

Omo, you need serious orientation.

So you know that, if River Niger was dredge in Niger and her surrounding countries.
Hope you know it will stop flowing to Nigeria?

Why do you think they have access to Electricity.
Lol, Oga River Niger from Kogi can be dredge and it will affect Onitsha .

Stop typing ignorantly.
Isn't the river flowing to South South states?

How will the ship have access to SE if its blocked from SS?

Typing ignorantly and you're still proud of if.
Seems you like all these tit for tat stuffs...
Have you thought about the consequences eg flooding that'd happen if you block off the Niger from Kogi
And you know that aside Nigeria, Mali is another country that houses a significant length of the Niger... So what if we make them cut off the river just before the Nigerien border and then redirect it to the desert expanse in their country's North, what'd you do
Moreover the Niger, just like the Danube are international waterways.. blocking another country's access to trade on these rivers is a justifiable causus belli

3 Likes

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Sammy07: 7:17am On Jul 22, 2021
[s]
cheruv:

Seems you like all these tit for tat stuffs...
Have you thought about the consequences eg flooding that'd happen if you block off the Niger from Kogi
And you know that aside Nigeria, Mali is another country that houses a significant length of the Niger... So what if we make them cut off the river just before the Nigerien border and then redirect it to the desert expanse in their country's North, what'd you do
Moreover the Niger, just like the Danube are international waterways.. blocking another country's access to trade on these rivers is a justifiable causus belli
[/s]

You guys always educate the wrong person!

Shouldn't you tell the OP ur brother not to insult and abuse to make his point?
Why abusing Yorubas at first?

BTW, I'm not in any way supporting it, I only educate his ignorance.

Let's assume SE is granted biafra.
You can't stop FG from not Dredging river Niger and Benue in Kogi
And you can't force SS to let u make their waters.

You can only negotiate with them
Go and learn what happened to Ethiopia and the country beside her.

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Kinematics: 7:22am On Jul 22, 2021
legendgalas:
Austra is landlocked to many countries
Biafra is landlocked to only Nigeria

If you get sense, you for reason first before you talk this nonsense

Allow the ipig miscreants to be mumuing grin themselves

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Ngorbungor(m): 8:44am On Jul 22, 2021
Sammy07:
Olodo people everywhere.

Imagining dredging river Niger and Benue in Kogi

And South South Blocking the access to sea.

Maybe the ships will fly to SE grin

Mumunis Una no wan learn from ertria and Ethiopia saga and Ethiopia and Egypt saga

grin

Please how can that be achieved, without taking cognisance of flooding, so my question would be where will the river be diverted to? Because I know you don't have the capacity to store that large body of water.

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by tishbite41(m): 9:02am On Jul 22, 2021
Sammy07:

You guys always educate the wrong person!

Shouldn't you tell the OP ur brother not to insult and abuse to make his point?
Why abusing Yorubas at first?

BTW, I'm not in any way supporting it, I only educate his ignorance.

Let's assume SE is granted biafra.
You can't stop FG from not Dredging river Niger and Benue in Kogi
And you can't force SS to let u make their waters.

You can only negotiate with them
Go and learn what happened to Ethiopia and the country beside her.
do you know the meaning of dredging??

If yes, how does it affect the Igbo?!

Or you think dredging means blocking a river?!

Question is dredge to where?!

3 Likes

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by tishbite41(m): 9:10am On Jul 22, 2021
theTranscriber:
this is all borne out of a deranged mind
Of all carmakers in the world Putin will settle for innoson?
He gave a hypothetical situation but your little mind can't grab it.

Mind you, Biafra will be a manufacturing hub.

Don't look down on Innoson, big companies started in similar fashions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Sincinnati: 9:12am On Jul 22, 2021
Penguin2:

Lol! Stop explaining these things to idiots without brain who argue against facts and reason.

Aside the River Niger, remember the River in Abia that is said to be even more nautical miles closer to the ocean than Port Harcourt seaport.

So leave matter for Mathias let’s get Biafra first.

But fun fact is that Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Bayelsa and Some parts of Rivers will be part of Biafra.

So the landlock argument is totally needless
You don come spoil the thread!!

Amaghi m ka emere unu ihe a eme.

Nna eh, tufia kwa!
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Sincinnati: 9:23am On Jul 22, 2021
FreeIgbos:

Which Abuja? A rent seeking city with no viability nor production base. Without Igbos and Oil and gas resources from Niger Delta which Igbos constitute a significant percentage, Abuja would become a ghost town and die a natural death.
There’s actually no reason to boast in such manner.

You guys should get your shîts together, posts like the above have proven countless times to draw more envy and hate towards us. Quit making yourself easy to hate. Na wa oo.
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by theTranscriber: 9:41am On Jul 22, 2021
tishbite41:

He gave a hypothetical situation but your little mind can't grab it.

Mind you, Biafra will be a manufacturing hub.

Don't look down on Innoson, big companies started in similar fashions.
I don't believe in fantasies

Not to talk of a delusional fantasy from a deranged IPOB's crooked mind
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by theTranscriber: 9:46am On Jul 22, 2021
Sincinnati:
There’s actually no reason to boast in such manner.

You guys should get your shîts together, posts like the above have proven countless times to draw more envy and hate towards us. Quit making yourself easy to hate. Na wa oo.
thank God you guys are getting wiser
Such comments only breed hate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chaotic Ports Require Fresh Ideas - Punch Editorial / Benin People Found Lagos — Oba of Benin / Origin Of 'Naira' And 'Kobo'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.