Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) (6058 Views)

"You Can Not Record Me" Aregbesola Spotted "Arguing" With Nigerian In America / Why Igbos Cannot Accept That Fact That Igboland Is LANDLOCKED (evidence) / It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Sincinnati: 9:51am On Jul 22, 2021
theTranscriber:
thank God you guys are getting wiser
Such comments only breed hate
You guys?

Where are you from?

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by kponkedenge(m): 10:03am On Jul 22, 2021
Penguin2:

Lol! Stop explaining these things to idiots without brain who argue against facts and reason.

Aside the River Niger, remember the River in Abia that is said to be even more nautical miles closer to the ocean than Port Harcourt seaport.

So leave matter for Mathias let’s get Biafra first.

But fun fact is that Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Delta, Bayelsa and Some parts of Rivers will be part of Biafra.

So the landlock argument is totally needless

Statements like this is what is making them say we are attaching them by force.... There's no need to mention all those states.... This is a new era.... Unlike during the time of Ojukwu.

We should fight for the indigenous Igbos in SS to join us.... Rather than lumping every Tom Dick and Harry in the SS together with Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by theTranscriber: 10:06am On Jul 22, 2021
Sincinnati:
You guys?

Where are you from?
I'm Yoruba
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by theTranscriber: 10:07am On Jul 22, 2021
Idiko1:

Only fools talk about land locked in terms of a country.
tell that to your brother that opened the thread undecided
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Olidamotors: 10:11am On Jul 22, 2021
sad
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Xbobtage: 10:14am On Jul 22, 2021
A very low iq'd thread by a low iq'd OP. Your thread serves no actual purpose besides display of utter ignorance. Get a life!
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Ekpeitit(m): 10:18am On Jul 22, 2021
Ofodirinwa:
Now that I have your hateful attention, check this out

Land boardaries with Ocean: 0
Access to Sea: Danube River.

The country of Austria can only access the sea using the danube river.

Danube River Width: 200 meters at Vienna (Austria's capital)
Niger River Width: 240 metres

Danube River Depth: 1 - 8 meters
Niger River Depth: 30 meters

Trade Volume
All of Nigeria: $10.4 billion a year
Austria: $168.21 bn

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Ekpeitit(m): 10:19am On Jul 22, 2021
I thought this matter was settled a long time ago,are we still about something that will never happen?
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Sincinnati: 10:20am On Jul 22, 2021
theTranscriber:
I'm Yoruba
Ok
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by AfricanColumbus: 10:40am On Jul 22, 2021
PedroEastman:

How dare you put Eleme ( Onne) as Biafra?

Study the map properly.

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by melodyogonna(m): 10:47am On Jul 22, 2021
Ofodirinwa:
In order to do a blockade you have to ATTACK the ships coming in and out. Britain had a blockade against WWII Nazi Germany (didn't work too well either). Once a blockade is started you must be ready and willing to defend it with your life because the war has begun.

Blockade - an act or means of sealing off a place to prevent goods or people from entering or leaving.
Embargo - an official ban on trade or other commercial activity with a particular country.

Explain how the blockade by the south south will be done. Who will do it, how will it be done, and why will the two countries you're aggressing against allow it to exist for more than 1 hour. If you plan on hijacking or bombing US and EU trade ships explain how this will be done. If you plan on blocking Igbo products from reaching Russia, China, Brazil and India, what's the plan for getting it done? Canoe? Oyel?

When they say blockade I think they're really thinking of constructing some obstruction on the sea route. I don't know exactly how they think that will be done but yeah, na how their mind they work

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by GerogeI(m): 11:00am On Jul 22, 2021
Guys lets be realistic.

Yes, it's possible for Northern Nigeria to dam the Niger like someone has been saying, but ignorantly calling it dredging.

But if you Dam the Niger unilaterally in Kogi ( a huge capital object that will cost several years value GDP of Northern Nigeria), you must also find an alternative route for water to be released from the Dam, else you will flood your areas.
1. If you are not consuming the water for any other purpose, the dam will fill up in a couple of years, water will overflow, and the river will return to its previous volume before daming, so an exercise in futility.

2. If you are highly industrialised like China, and you use the water and manipulate the water levels all the time, you must have an alternative route to the sea.
Sudden release of water from the dam into the old channel will be an act of war that will justify Biafra to bomb the dam, with support of most countries that conserve water resources and environment (EU).

3. The lower Niger, is not entirely dependent on the Northern lands for water. The north has only about 3 months of rainfall in the year, the south east has about 7 months of rainfall, with so many river emptying into the Niger. And additional two major rivers emptying into the ocean. Assuming the upper Niger is damed In Kogi, the lower part will not dry up, rather water levels will reduce. But there is a solution for that on the Biafran side, Water gates. Biafra will build, two water gates that will ensure the river remains navigable.

Further, by spending several times its GDP, Biafra can create a combined river from the existing three, and pass it where ever it please down her territory to the ocean.

4. Rechanneling the river.
Should any South South Group refuse us free access to either Imo River or Calabar River, we can channel the River through another path, because 90% of these rivers pass through our lands. When we do so at a very costly price, it will create an environmental crisis for the South South Region. The North being further up cannot use this strategy of re-channeling as the cost considering the distance will be prohibitive.

So looking at all these realities, all Rivers will remain freely navigable by all parties. As no one is helpless.

5 Likes

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by cheruv: 11:51am On Jul 22, 2021
Sammy07:

You guys always educate the wrong person!

Shouldn't you tell the OP ur brother not to insult and abuse to make his point?
Why abusing Yorubas at first?

BTW, I'm not in any way supporting it, I only educate his ignorance.

Let's assume SE is granted biafra.
You can't stop FG from not Dredging river Niger and Benue in Kogi
And you can't force SS to let u make their waters.

You can only negotiate with them
Go and learn what happened to Ethiopia and the country beside her.
People with inferiority complex always make issues about themselves... That's why you'd call Yorubas when no one made any reference to them!
As for the SS, they're as useless to us as the k in knight is, so who has need for liabilities like them?
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by tishbite41(m): 12:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
theTranscriber:
I don't believe in fantasies

Not to talk of a delusional fantasy from a deranged IPOB's crooked mind

At least Innoson is an Igbo product.

Hope that's not delusion!
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by theTranscriber: 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2021
tishbite41:

Get a life

U can't spend your whole life trolling on Nairaland!
me trolling? undecided
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Crofton: 2:20pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

a blockade is an act of war. Those countries had an embargo on qatar, which means they themselves refused to buy qatar products. Saudia Arabia and others refused to buy qatari products. They didn't abduct Chinese people coming to do the same or hijack or bomb their boats.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-55538792

a blockade (root word block) is the restriction of movement and countries don't import and export to themselves lol. If you're not able to differentiate blockade and embargo then you're in trouble and you need to use this thread to learn rather than argue. Nobody needs anyone's permission to move through international waterways and the Niger River is an international water way. If you're not aware of that then I don't know what I can do for you.

Bro, Saudi Arabia and UAE imposed a blockade and also an embargo on Qatar .
Qatar Airplanes were stopped from using Saudi Airspace, Qatar was prevented from using their only land border and Qatar was ban from UAE territorial waters .

The effect was hectic at the beginning, so much that Qatar had to rely on Turkey and Iran for Logistical Support .

Like I said earlier, If you have to transit through any Sovereign Nation's Airspace or Waterways, You can't do it unilaterally and must request their permission .

That aside, I wonder where you got the information that the Niger is an international water and hence each country in it's path has exclusive right to usage even if it transcends their territory. Please show backings, proof and example of where such scenario has played out.

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by skywalker240(m): 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2021
Sammy07:

Don't rivers have source?
If the source is affected what do you think will happen?

Lol, jokes on you.
Do you know the amount Ethiopia is paying the small country besides her just to import and have access to sea.

Lol, of will ships from no where disappear into Onisha or imo river without coming from Somewhere?

Lol, If South South Stop ur access to sea and river Niger and Benue are dredge in Kogi state.
There is nothing YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.
cos it will affects all rivers connecting to River Niger and Benue except those states that have boundaries to Ocean and seas.
Which stupid south south?

If the igbos leaves the south south would gladly trade with them

Or you think if the igbos leave, the south south would agree to stay in stupid one Nigeria?
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by skywalker240(m): 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr104:

You've just shown to the world that sense is very very far from you.
Your parents must be a shame of you, at this age look at the no sense you're typing online.
Which kain OLODO be this sef?
Egba mi nitori Olohun!
grin
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by skywalker240(m): 3:48pm On Jul 22, 2021
Sammy07:

Omo, you need serious orientation.

So you know that, if River Niger was dredge in Niger and her surrounding countries.
Hope you know it will stop flowing to Nigeria?

Why do you think they have access to Electricity.
Lol, Oga River Niger from Kogi can be dredge and it will affect Onitsha .

Stop typing ignorantly.
Isn't the river flowing to South South states?

How will the ship have access to SE if its blocked from SS?

Typing ignorantly and you're still proud of if.
Sir it seems like those countries don't have needs for the waters so they need to dredge it ba??

where would Niger and surrounding countries dredge (Dam) the waters to??

Omo Nairaland is filled with geographer's and scientist

So they would be able to contain the flood because they want to block access to the sea??

School 101

Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by skywalker240(m): 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2021
GerogeI:
Guys lets be realistic.

Yes, it's possible for Northern Nigeria to dam the Niger like someone has been saying, but ignorantly calling it dredging.

But if you Dam the Niger unilaterally in Kogi ( a huge capital object that will cost several years value GDP of Northern Nigeria), you must also find an alternative route for water to be released from the Dam, else you will flood your areas.
1. If you are not consuming the water for any other purpose, the dam will fill up in a couple of years, water will overflow, and the river will return to its previous volume before daming, so an exercise in futility.

2. If you are highly industrialised like China, and you use the water and manipulate the water levels all the time, you must have an alternative route to the sea.
Sudden release of water from the dam into the old channel will be an act of war that will justify Biafra to bomb the dam, with support of most countries that conserve water resources and environment (EU).

3. The lower Niger, is not entirely dependent on the Northern lands for water. The north has only about 3 months of rainfall in the year, the south east has about 7 months of rainfall, with so many river emptying into the Niger. And additional two major rivers emptying into the ocean. Assuming the upper Niger is damed In Kogi, the lower part will not dry up, rather water levels will reduce. But there is a solution for that on the Biafran side, Water gates. Biafra will build, two water gates that will ensure the river remains navigable.

Further, by spending several times its GDP, Biafra can create a combined river from the existing three, and pass it where ever it please down her territory to the ocean.

4. Rechanneling the river.
Should any South South Group refuse us free access to either Imo River or Calabar River, we can channel the River through another path, because 90% of these rivers pass through our lands. When we do so at a very costly price, it will create an environmental crisis for the South South Region. The North being further up cannot use this strategy of re-channeling as the cost considering the distance will be prohibitive.

So looking at all these realities, all Rivers will remain freely navigable by all parties. As no one is helpless.

Am from Delta State, you have said it all
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Ofodirinwa: 7:49pm On Jul 22, 2021
Crofton:

Qatar Airplanes were stopped from using Saudi Airspace, Qatar was prevented from using their only land border and Qatar was ban from UAE territorial waters .

The effect was hectic at the beginning, so much that Qatar had to rely on Turkey and Iran for Logistical Support .

Like I said earlier, If you have to transit through any Sovereign Nation's Airspace or Waterways, You can't do it unilaterally and must request their permission .

That aside, I wonder where you got the information that the Niger is an international water and hence each country in it's path has exclusive right to usage even if it transcends their territory. Please show backings, proof and example of where such scenario has played out.

If I prove you wrong, will you stop posting on this website?
Say what you have confidence in. If I prove that Saudi and Co. have NEVER blockaded any country and did not blockage UAE, will you stop posting on this website?

Yes or No?
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Ofodirinwa: 7:51pm On Jul 22, 2021

one brainiac just asked me how I decided the Niger River is international. This is the same person that doesn't know what a blockade is or the difference between a blockade and an embargo.

Nna, if I prove that Saudi arabia did not blockade UAE, will you delete your account?
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Crofton: 9:49pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

If I prove you wrong, will you stop posting on this website?
Say what you have confidence in. If I prove that Saudi and Co. have NEVER blockaded any country and did not blockage UAE, will you stop posting on this website?

Yes or No?

No, but I will acknowledge your superior point and modify all my comments concerning this matter .
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by oyatz(m): 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

show me an example in the past 100 years of someone blocking a river. Even in a time of war.
I'm talking about countries that are capable, not a beans and garri Nigeria.

The US went to war with landlocked Iraq. Show me the blocked river.
The US went to war with landlocked Afghanistan, Show me the blocked river.
It is like saying you will block my door with your body so I can't enter my house. I will just get one kin stop and jakapka that your dry head.

If this is the case, then why do Biafran agitators complain daily about Nigeria effecting a blockade of Warri leading to starvation of millions of Biafrans?
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by GerogeI(m): 4:39am On Jul 23, 2021
Crofton:

The Niger is an international water, it transacted several countries. None of the countries can exact absolute control over the Niger. That is why Nigeria is giving Niger free electricity. And Niger is refraining from building another dam. Either party upstream or down stream can take actions that will affect the other.
If Niger River was Navigable, Niger will be passing through it freely without payment or permission. Not only Niger, but Mali as well. Stopping them from doing so will lead to daming, flooding rechanneling etc.
Can Northern Nigeria do same to Biafra, yes, but with a limit. They will only be able to reduce the water levels in the Niger, maybe about 40 to 50%, which can be remedied with Watergates.

Reducing the volume of the Niger will also be an ecological disaster for Ijaws and surrounding areas who live in mangrove and swamps. So will be a battle against international environmental concerns. So it is highly unfeasible.

Hope yo got that and stop dreaming.
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Ofodirinwa: 5:14am On Jul 23, 2021
Crofton:

No, but I will acknowledge your superior point and modify all my comments concerning this matter .

so you're not 100% sure of what you're saying? I will stop posting if I'm wrong. Will you?
I'm not interested in trying to convince you because it makes no difference, so if you're willing to stop posting it will be worth while.
Otherwise you can google embargo and google blockade and figure out what I'm going to say
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Ofodirinwa: 5:22am On Jul 23, 2021
GerogeI:

The Niger is an international water, it transacted several countries. None of the countries can exact absolute control over the Niger. That is why Nigeria is giving Niger free electricity. And Niger is refraining from building another dam. Either party upstream or down stream can take actions that will affect the other.
[b]If Niger River was Navigable, Niger will be passing through it freely without payment or permission. [/b]Not only Niger, but Mali as well. Stopping them from doing so will lead to daming, flooding rechanneling etc.
Can Northern Nigeria do same to Biafra, yes, but with a limit. They will only be able to reduce the water levels in the Niger, maybe about 40 to 50%, which can be remedied with Watergates.

Reducing the volume of the Niger will also be an ecological disaster for Ijaws and surrounding areas who live in mangrove and swamps. So will be a battle against international environmental concerns. So it is highly unfeasible.

pass through it and go to which port?

lol, this is embarrassing.
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by GerogeI(m): 6:01am On Jul 23, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

pass through it and go to which port?

lol, this is embarrassing.

You think ports fall from heaven? You build a river port where ever you desire it to be. Better get some education, ignorance stinks.

Problem with navigating the Niger is actually the low water depth on the upper side above Kogi, and the occurrence of rapids (that's if you know what's those are). Not lack of ports
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Ofodirinwa: 6:07am On Jul 23, 2021
GerogeI:

You think ports fall from heaven? You build a river port where ever you desire it to be. Better get some education, ignorance stinks.

Problem with navigating the Niger is actually the low water depth on the upper side above Kogi, and the occurrence of rapids (that's if you know what's those are). Not lack of ports
so youre saying Niger republic can use the Niger if they wanted (minus the rapids in Kogi)
Re: Igboland Is LANDLOCKED, STOP ARGUING (proof) by Crofton: 7:48am On Jul 23, 2021
GerogeI:

If Niger River was Navigable, Niger will be passing through it freely without payment or permission. Not only Niger, but Mali as well. Stopping them from doing so will lead to daming, flooding rechanneling etc.

Several West African countries are Damming the Niger .
www.ipsnews.net/2011/10/west-africa-niger-river-under-pressure-from-dams/

The only point I was trying to make to that fellow was that Even if a river flows through more that one country, it doesn't necessarily guarantee an Landlocked country on it's path an exclusive usage to transit through the River outside their territory .

It requires agreement and negotiation, For the downstream Nation to preserve the economical and ecological feasibility of the River, they will reach agreements with the upstream states not to Dam the River or carry out any project that may affect their region negatively, In exchange for Power and Maybe Freedom of Transit .

Let's assume the River Niger is Navigable, does it mean Niger Republic cargoes can transit through Nigeria without prior information or agreement ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Registration: Senator Orji Kalu Revalidates Membership / Chaotic Ports Require Fresh Ideas - Punch Editorial / Origin Of 'Naira' And 'Kobo'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.