Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence (80545 Views)

"Thank God I Had A Little Savings While I Was There" - Sacked Winners Pastor / Yahushua Did Not Sack Judas, Daddy Freeze Reacts To Winners Pastors Sack / Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Kobojunkie: 2:50pm On Jul 22, 2021
FRANKOSKI:

THIS IS AS EMPTY AND DELUDING AS IT COMES.
Ofcourse.... that diet of delusions and lies you eat daily from the mouths of men , you definitely have to have .... Jesus Christ warned of this sort of blindness - Matthew 15 vs 14 undecided
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by GRACEGLORY: 2:51pm On Jul 22, 2021
You want to see what we see, go and do what we do.

cheesy
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2021
DEAR CHILDREN OF GOD ,LETS READ 1ST Corinthians 3,6-7 .GOD HAS TAUGHT US ALL WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GROWTH & INCREASE .
SHALOM SHALOM SHALOM !
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by eddyroyal(m): 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2021
Antoeni:
But it was God that called the pastors not oyedepo
And Oyedepo Uncalled them.
Issorit.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2021
Image123:

Come as you are, but don't remain as you are. Why should anyone remain a blatant failure?

Nobody is a blatant failure. Nobody is a failure!

If the most important resources are available, anyone can be successful with time. That is anyone who so cares to be whatever you call successful.

When you say don't remain as you are, what do you even mean?

Don't remain as you are is that, you can learn to wear the mask of a 'serious Christian' but it is okay to be an entirely different and questionable personality behind the scene? ...just wear the mask so that we can boast that our 'god' has changed you and is working through you. What a miraculous wonder!

Infact please educate me, WHO IS A BLATANT FAILURE?

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2021
FRANKOSKI:
DEAR CHILDREN OF GOD ,LETS READ 1ST Corinthians 3,6-7 .GOD HAS TAUGHT US ALL WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GROWTH & INCREASE .
SHALOM SHALOM SHALOM !
Yes, God now wants His followers to go get themselves MBAs, become better marketers, so they can properly grow and increase His business in the kingdom of men undecided
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Nauttyprof(m): 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

How do they quantify how many souls won? By the number of people in the church?

You shouldn't ask this question honestly.

If there are people who do not know Christ and they are preached to, with some giving their lives to Christ, will you abandon them after giving their lives to Christ? What is the right and sensible thing to do?

Except maybe you feel winning souls mean you go meet a deeper life member and start forcing them to go to winners.

I just don't understand questions as this.
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by FarahAideed: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2021
imam07:
firstly did d sacked letter contains anything about money or income that u all relate this to money. Is it just because of hatred for the man of God.
Secondly, did u read anything in their letter that says u are sack from being a member of living Faith church. Is d letter showing the pastors should not attend living Faith church. I ask u

Oga the fruitful there is money
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2021
ensamy:

They was a Mad man of the Gatheren that had Legions of demons that Jesus healed by casting out 2000 demons out of him. They was a blind Bahtemus and Above all they was a man at the pool of Bethsaida impotent ( unfruitful) for 38years , Behold Jesus Christ never gave up on these ones. 38years of no income or increase by the man at the pool of Bethsaida but still Christ found him worthy to receive his grace of healing. So the way we humans sees success is not how God sees it because God looks at the heart.
As a man of God he should never have given up on them, keep looking for how make them fruitful.

You don't get it. The pastors are not sick or infirmed. They are not productive according to him.
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by FarahAideed: 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
Nauttyprof:

It does not translate to low income. It only translates to the Pastor just being after the monthly salary and free accommodation.

Are we not saying the same thing? Money money money ..it's all about money and there is nothing wrong with that
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by EmmanuelScott1(m): 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
More souls == More income
else {
Small souls == low income
}

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by salford: 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
of course (more souls meaning more church members) equates to more tithes and offerings.
They are directly proportional to each other.
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Sebgajere(m): 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
Wetin I go give dis man? There's sense in everything u said.
BafanaBafana:
The sacked pastor in this case was explicitly told about income. He was told the church should be able to generate money to run itself, and shouldn't be running at loss.
They made a mistake in giving him the explanation, thinking he won't go public because of the fear of the wrath of God, but nigga is a Tiv man, dem no dey fear like that, he spilt everything.
Imagine if the church was in bonny island, and they couldn't grow in numbers, but have a fat income, would they sack the pastor?
Besides, when they talk about winning souls, do they mean leading people to Christ, or bringing members to their church? Because I don't see why you will be dragging someone who is attending a church already to come to your church, claiming to be winning souls.
Furthermore, I don't know if I have ever seen a living faith member who is living a Christlike life. Church is just gymnastic for most of them. The only thing they take seriously is paying of tithe, which is the emphasis of their messages by the way

2 Likes

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
EmmanuelScott1:
More souls == More income
else {
Small souls == low income
}

grin grin grin
Straight forward!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Nauttyprof(m): 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
OloshoMan:
Since God called them, Why not wait for God to sack them automatically from heaven, or is it now that you people know that the most effective way is human action not by praying.

When God called them, did LFC stop them from operating in the calling elsewhere?

God called them, they were employed somewhere to function. If you don't function, what's the next thing to do?

So, when you go to school and become a graduate in a field and you are employed but do not meet expectations, should the employer rely on the fact that you are a graduate and keep you in his company?
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
salford:
of course (more souls meaning more church members) equates to more tithes and offerings.
They are directly proportional to each other.
I don't understand the denial of this simple formula. undecided
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Peterosky(m): 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2021
SexyBabe001:

Lol... So you now know more than the owner and commission which employed them? Did you read their Letter when they were employed? Did you read their TOS?

Its easy for any disgruntled sacked member to come up with any story to blackmail his or her employer but the truth will always surface one day..

.My dear there's no need defending what can't be defended. The sacked Pastor and Bishop Oyedepo said the same thing, meaning that the sacked Pastor never lied. You are sounding this way maybe because you didn't read the sack letter. Let's be sincere to ourselves, Bishop Oyedepo messed up big time with that sack letter. The truth about the matter is that low income turn out from those Pastors is the reason for their sack.What Bishop Oyedepo is trying to do right now is damage control. With the number of churches springing up every nook and cranny, getting members become very difficult. And besides, more members only translates to more income. You were not expecting Bishop Oyedepo to come out and say low income turn out from those Pastors is the reason for their sack. Last last, Church this days na pure business.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by studM(m): 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2021
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

Lying oyedepo at it again

We all know you sacked the pastors because of low income turn-in

But the time comes when all false prophets will be disgraced

By that time, thier yeye followers will be shouting "this is war against christians'

They won't know they are paying for thier crimes

a fool
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by kennyamusan(m): 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2021
You sack a pastor Because he is not winning souls ? Do you employ him to win souls or to propagate the gospel ?

3 Likes

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by soojar(m): 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2021
SexyBabe001:

Lol... So you now know more than the owner and commission which employed them? Did you read their Letter when they were employed? Did you read their TOS?

Its easy for any disgruntled sacked member to come up with any story to blackmail his or her employer but the truth will always surface one day..

I don't support what the pastor said about his sack. But we should ask ourselves one truthful question, what is the KPI to measure fruitfulness or soul winning? We will all agree that it's by the number of members attending services and not the number of souls really won for Christ who can decide to fellowship in another bible believing church.

Invariably those that are saying it's all about money should not be crucified because I'm sure one of the main teachings those coming to the church will be hearing from time to time is that there is curse of God on them if they don't pay their tithe and offerings. Meaning more members = more money

Meanwhile, more souls won for Christ NOT attending your church = less money = no productivity = sack

That is why I have always been against church employing ministers as full staff because there is no clear terms of employment between employer and employee, because the employer will never come out plainly to tell the pastors that they must generate more than they are being paid but will imply it in the way they treat or address you so you get the message and if you don't, then expect your sack letter

I come in Peace

3 Likes

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Semaj77(m): 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2021
OloshoMan:
Since God called them, Why not wait for God to sack them automatically from heaven, or is it now that you people know that the most effective way is human action not by praying.

When God called them was it not through men that he called , now that they have been sacked you want God to come down to sack them himself. Na the same people wey God send before when dem wan employ them na him God go call again to sack them , shikena!
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by triplechoice(m): 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2021
SexyBabe001:
I know the sacked pastors were lying

Nothing in what your pastor has said has proven the pastors were lying.

If someone accuses you for being a thief or a scammer because of the extravagant way you spend money and reports you to the police, the only way you can defend yourself is to provide proof of how you earn your money legally to show that you're not involve in any criminal activity whatsoever.

Now , the sacked pastors have said the reason for the sack was because the church told them that they were not generating enough income.

Since the accusation has to do with money, we expected your pastor to have directly address it by providing enough proof of how exactly the church makes its money to build those churches and also pay the pastors their salaries regularly so as to clear the church name that they never at anytime asked the pastors to bring new members for money.

Unfortunately, there's nothing in his address that has shown exactly how his church earn its revenue other than a very embarrassing attempt to pull the wool over people's eyes.

Or does winners chapel, print money secretly?

My opinion is that if your pastor believes he his doing good for the larger society through his church business he should have remain silent and allow people say whatever they want.

As for the pastors themselves, I think they were stupid for complaining. They can't pretend not to know what the person who employed them wanted them to do or not to know how the church makes money to pay their salaries.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by castiello(m): 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
Man of God yes you sack them not because of income but because of souls they did not win, but in all your explanations it’s all about how much you’re spending money money money we understand the income is low the money souls they win the money money and offerings come in, let me ask you a question winning of souls dose not have an earthly logic your talk can’t win souls the Holy Spirit is the only one who can convert a person, but I understand that you know how to brainwash your members to give all the have and first fruit etc, I will advice maybe you should open a university for your pastor where they will be thought the art of brainwashing

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Indispensable85(m): 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
Which ever way you look at it, membership strength is directly proportional to revenue generation. However, it's his right to sack his employees.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Mutaultope(m): 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Organization or business is the more accurate term here. undecided

Ministry pls ...... that's what we were called to
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by olaeffect(m): 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

Lying oyedepo at it again

We all know you sacked the pastors because of low income turn-in

But the time comes when all false prophets will be disgraced

By that time, thier yeye followers will be shouting "this is war against christians'

They won't know they are paying for thier crimes

Yet the least amongst his yeye (faithful) followers are still greater than you grin grin grin cool
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by bigcasava1(m): 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
SexyBabe001:
I know the sacked pastors were lying
Was that ur initial comment, abi the wrong notion was just cleared off after the explanation.
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by lomprico(m): 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
its about money oga, more members more money.

only God know souls that are saved. a member coming to your church does not mean they are saved!

4 Likes

Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by Baba40(f): 3:05pm On Jul 22, 2021
Enyimbamercedes:
David, please what do you mean by they were unfruitful ?

What fruits are they to produce?

You sacked them cos they were not making money...simple

Weyrey re ooo... who is David? Is ASUU on strike again?
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by SatanKeepOff: 3:05pm On Jul 22, 2021
Glink2018:

Daughter of Jezebel...you don't have any saying in this matter because you are under the rulership of the devil...

When a purpose is not known abuse is inevitable...Bishop doesn't want those lazy youth to abuse heavenly mandate and ask them to leave ....

why call her the daughter of Jezebel ? you both are saying the same thing in a different way
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by bigcasava1(m): 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
FarahAideed:

He just confirmed what the pastors said and you even saw the explanation in the letter yet you said they are lying....He did no wrong by sacking unproductive staff ...if the can't be.fruitful for the church the should go and become regular members let pastors that understand the game takeover. .. for example I hate going to any church with Luke warm Akamu spirit that will kill your ginger once they open their mouth talking Slurred
pls throw more light on what you mean by game.
Re: Why We Sacked Winners Pastors - Oyedepo Breaks Silence by BafanaBafana: 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
Nauttyprof:

Where you there when he was told it's all about income? Was it stated in the letter made available online? What proof do you have of this allegations against the church?

Sometimes, I just wonder why people have this hatred in them against the church. Now, you want to support the pastor without verifying if this is true or now because you just need any ground to attack the church.

Back to some of the issues you raised, will souls won be left roaming the street or led to attend church for spiritual growth? Or do you abandon someone won to Christ and not followup on his spiritual growth? Even the Bible affirms this.

You don't have to see any LFC members living godly life, it's not meant for you to see but for God to see. Judgment day does not take into consideration what you see but what God saw. Let's be guided.
Well, I don't hate the church, I don't really see Winners as a church too. It's more of a religious profit making organization. Oyedepo brags about creating jobs opening branches, etc. Is that what Christ sent us to do?
The only thing sacred in those Pentecostal organizations and is the pastor.
For instance, a girl will wake up from her boyfriend's house and go and lead praise and worship on Sunday morning. No regard for God.
A guy will go to church to pick girls, no regard for God. But once you insult their pastors... serious problem

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

COZA Had First Physical Church Service In Abuja After Ease Of Lockdown (Photos) / I Stepped On A Fetish Thing While Going To 5am Mosque (PICTURE) / Lady Who Followed Her Friend To A 'Church Event' In Lagos In Unstable Condition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.