Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban (20295 Views)

Bride Insists Her Brother Walks Her Down The Aisle Despite (Photos) / Today In Kano State During The Hauwan Nassarawa Durbar Festival / Lady Holds Surprise Wedding In Hospital As Her Father Has Weeks To Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Mitsurugi(m): 10:57am On Jul 23, 2021
KillMNKnow:
okay then.. let us just pray something bad happens

Are you this demented? undecided
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 23, 2021
Simbrixton:
e pain am

Set awon sla.ve itsekiri

He who goes to equity must go with clean hands.

Unless you have something upstairs, you must bounce and resort to gibberish while trying to drag me into it.

I have accessed you. I will give blind eyes
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by BSsniffer: 11:07am On Jul 23, 2021
Xbee007:

But Christmas in your land is not absurd? The cognitive dissonance!

Durba festival isn't a religious festival, even Christmas.
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Proffdada: 11:09am On Jul 23, 2021
post=103995984:
Our heritage is our culture.

Meanwhile.....
Our Mavic Air2 Drone did a very good job as always kiss
equiped with a payload of semtex will be perfect
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Xbee007(m): 11:15am On Jul 23, 2021
BSsniffer:

Durba festival isn't a religious festival, even Christmas.
That is not the point! The point is they were both introduced by colonialists and embraced by locals. I'm from Kwara state. Myself and everybody love watching the Durban, only children of hate and perdition have issues with it.
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by asobo1: 11:17am On Jul 23, 2021
KillMNKnow:
See how IPOB insulting Yorubas. Y'all lowlifes don't come up with Christianity and Judaism. It's all started in the middle east so what am I missing. Fcking morons. I pray something similar to 1967 happens, I will personally recruit and form my own guerrilla group....

100+1 percent of Northerners passionately hate these people IPOB. Will gladly let BH and ISWAP on them
Rephrase your nonsense to Muslims hate IPOB. Adade irin ka
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by BSsniffer: 11:19am On Jul 23, 2021
Xbee007:

That is not the point! The point is they were both introduced by colonialists and embraced by locals. I'm from Kwara state. Myself and everybody love watching the Durban, only children of hate and perdition have issues with it.

People shouldn't be comfortable with the traditions of colonialists. Would you consider the sultan of sokoto a child of hate and perdition simply because he would have issues if sango worshippers brought their festival to sokoto.
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Simbrixton(m): 11:20am On Jul 23, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:

You are a talkative
yesso like joker boy wey insult your oba

Esan gbe do
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Eagba(m): 11:21am On Jul 23, 2021
KillMNKnow:
See how IPOB insulting Yorubas. Y'all lowlifes don't come up with Christianity and Judaism. It's all started in the middle east so what am I missing. Fcking morons. I pray something similar to 1967 happens, I will personally recruit and form my own guerrilla group....

100+1 percent of Northerners passionately hate these people IPOB. Will gladly let BH and ISWAP on them
you and your sponsor won't see these your comment as an hate speech, if it's the other way around, all of you guys will start fuming at the mouth
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Eagba(m): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2021
post=103996081:

That is one of the few ones that makes Nairalanders say rubbish about our great igbo tribe,
Not knowing that people like that are less than 5% of we true igbos.
Those are the ones that call themselves Igbos and fortunately, there is nothing we can do about their choice in life.

We true igbos love and respect every tribe and persons in our darling nation.
For those other ones, posterity will judge them for all they are doing. It's only a matter of time.
since when did you become Igbo? Grill I sense you're trying to unite Nigeria, but I hope you will tell your handlers that if they shun nepotism, corruption, religion and focus on Nigeria first and human capital development, nobody would want to leave this entrapment.
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Xbee007(m): 11:28am On Jul 23, 2021
BSsniffer:

People shouldn't be comfortable with the traditions of colonialists. Would you consider the sultan of sokoto a child of hate and perdition simply because he would have issues if sango worshippers brought their festival to sokoto.
Did Sango worshipper colonize Sokoto state? Was Sango worshipping introduced to Sokoto traditional practice at any point in history? The answer is "NO!"

It is perfectly okay to be comfortable with tradition of colonialists as long as it is a good one and it doesn't harm anyone. Who does the Durban in Kwara harm? Apparently, the infantile ego of children of hate and perdition.

They celebrate Christmas as if it was their forefathers tradition but can't handle a simple Durban that does not affect them in any shape or form. Can you spot the cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy?

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Simbrixton(m): 11:31am On Jul 23, 2021
BSsniffer:

same way we feel you shouldn't be comfortable with the influence of binis in onitsha and amongst delta igbos and ikwerres

We feel you shouldn't be comfortable that Sunday oliseh Governor Wike and prominent ikwerres and ika deny they are igbos
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Angeltjazz2017(m): 11:37am On Jul 23, 2021
In 2021,this is very deep
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by frog12: 11:38am On Jul 23, 2021
see those THIN horses.... they don't feed them . grin grin grin grin
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by EdoFirstBorn(m): 11:38am On Jul 23, 2021
Simbrixton:
yesso like joker boy wey insult your oba

Esan gbe do

undecided
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by BSsniffer: 11:50am On Jul 23, 2021
Simbrixton:
same way we feel you shouldn't be comfortable with the influence of binis in onitsha and amongst delta igbos and ikwerres

We feel you shouldn't be comfortable that Sunday oliseh Governor Wike and prominent ikwerres and ika deny they are igbos

What concerns me with onitsha or igbos.... I am Yoruba and I also do not subscribe to the christain extremist nature of igbos. Answer the question and stop gaslighting.
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 23, 2021
Karlovych:
embarassed embarassed Just look at the way a former Yoruba colony has been turned into an Emirate, this is what the drug addict is planning for Lagos and other neighbouring colonies. Soon they'll have Emir of Lekki and Sardauna of Badagry, spits
Why is it paining u? grin grin
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 23, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
grin

That's the southwest for you. This can Never ever happen in Edo state

My darling Edo , pride of the black race, cradle of civilization.

The diamond in the zoo called Nigeria

To all Edo sons and daughters on this forum.

Love all around

Kisses and hugs

Religious bigot. Accept globalisation and move in from this religious fanaticism and extremism undecided

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by BSsniffer: 11:56am On Jul 23, 2021
Xbee007:

Did Sango worshipper colonize Sokoto state? Was Sango worshipping introduced to Sokoto traditional practice at any point in history? The answer is "NO!"

It is perfectly okay to be comfortable with tradition of colonialists as long as it is a good one and it doesn't harm anyone. Who does the Durban in Kwara harm? Apparently, the infantile ego of children of hate and perdition.

They celebrate Christmas as if it was their forefathers tradition but can't handle a simple Durban that does not affect them in any shape or form. Can you spot the cognitive dissonance and hypocrisy?

The hypocrisy goes both ways....but it's far worse when you replace your culture with that of the colonizer. Even tho am a Yoruba christain with Muslim relatives I still honour the customs and traditions of my fore fathers and so does numerous obas who are Muslims in yoruba land. Because the land has been conquered doesn't mean that your mind and culture should be conquered.
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by BSsniffer: 11:59am On Jul 23, 2021
Coronabirus:
Religious bigot. Accept globalisation and move in from this religious fanaticism and extremism undecided

Hypocritical much? undecided
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Simbrixton(m): 12:10pm On Jul 23, 2021
BSsniffer:

What concerns me with onitsha or igbos.... I am Yoruba and I also do not subscribe to the christain extremist nature of igbos. Answer the question and stop gaslighting.
who cares all we want and need is stability in yorubaland I am a Christian traditionalist too but that doesn't mean I want isese to cover and dominate everywhere
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2021
FakeUnity:
The fulani conquerors and colonizers of the yorubas.
How were this fulani come to be this powerful such that were able to overcome the whole of Kwara State? And their influence is even felt in Lagos State. The other day they wanted to establish sharia court in Lagos. How did they come this far?
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by geemd434: 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2021
jneutron4000:
All those you see there are 80% Yoruba. They are Yoruba Muslims that willing adopted the emirate style of rulership. They even fought against the Yoruba traditionalist. They were never conquered rather they willing choose that part.

Keep lying to yourself. I know later Yorubas will come up with stories of how igboho defeated the fulani and eat their horses. The fulanis know the truth
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Sammerboi: 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2021
Ilorin? A Yoruba city ruled by Futa Jallon tribe. No Yoruba Oba go climb horse and bear Shehu.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Joetttimua1811(m): 1:14pm On Jul 23, 2021
Ok
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by kendological(m): 1:20pm On Jul 23, 2021
KillMNKnow:

Eyah, poverty reasoning.
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Emilokoiyawon: 1:27pm On Jul 23, 2021
You sold your Yoruba heritage to Fulani for a bowl of porridge.
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by BeansAndBread(m): 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2021
jneutron4000:
All those you see there are 80% Yoruba. They are Yoruba Muslims that willing adopted the emirate style of rulership. They even fought against the Yoruba traditionalist. They were never conquered rather they willing choose that part.
You dey mind the wereys, wait until they find out the Chief guards of the Emir are descendants of Ijesa warriors. They all chose to adopt this way and no one's going to apologize for whatever they choose to adopt

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by BeansAndBread(m): 1:38pm On Jul 23, 2021
Kolisky:

It sickens me anytime I remember these sets of people are actually from my State. The worst of all is this old scallywag Lai Mohammed.

Well, I don’t see anything good coming out of Kwara unless these people that stands as an impediment to the development are eradicated
So durbar is making you cry? I'm from Kwara too and the durbar gives me joy, now cry more Yoruba Christian!
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by BeansAndBread(m): 1:42pm On Jul 23, 2021
mukthar2000:
They we soon have sence why Fulani's would be ruling in Yoruba land,
Ode Mukhtar, you didn't know Muslims used to wear turbans or lawani in the past? The image below is Muhammad Shitta Bey, a full blooded Yoruba man with Lawani.

Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by BeansAndBread(m): 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2021
PARACLETOS:

How were this fulani come to be this powerful such that were able to overcome the whole of Kwara State? And their influence is even felt in Lagos State. The other day they wanted to establish sharia court in Lagos. How did they come this far?
Antics of Yoruba Christians, very Islamophobic but hide under the guise of Fulanis. Lagos Muslims have been asking for Shari'ah since as far back as 1896, that's 125years ago. How many Fulanis influenced that?

Most of the people you see in that picture are Yorùbás and cultures influence each other. Funny how you were conquered by the British, made to embrace their religion and you celebrate Christmas like fools yet, you scream out aloud when it comes to Muslims

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies: Can You Sponsor Your Wedding? / Guinness Gold: Guinness Unveils New Premium Golden Lager Beer At Lagos Event / Amaechi Hosts Nollywood Stars To A Special Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.