Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban (20343 Views)

Bride Insists Her Brother Walks Her Down The Aisle Despite (Photos) / Today In Kano State During The Hauwan Nassarawa Durbar Festival / Lady Holds Surprise Wedding In Hospital As Her Father Has Weeks To Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by MOVIC6: 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2021
Posterity will judge you brother, God is watching you closely wherever you..
post=103996081:

That is one of the few ones that makes Nairalanders say rubbish about our great igbo tribe,
Not knowing that people like that are less than 5% of we true igbos.
Those are the ones that call themselves Igbos and fortunately, there is nothing we can do about their choice in life.

We true igbos love and respect every tribe and persons in our darling nation.
For those other ones, posterity will judge them for all they are doing. It's only a matter of time.
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2021
BeansAndBread:
Antics of Yoruba Christians, very Islamophobic but hide under the guise of Fulanis. Lagos Muslims have been asking for Shari'ah since as far back as 1896, that's 125years ago. How many Fulanis influenced that?

Most of the people you see in that picture are Yorùbás and cultures influence each other. Funny how you were conquered by the British, made to embrace their religion and you celebrate Christmas like fools yet, you scream out aloud when it comes to Muslims

The British brought their influence during colonisation. They brought education, technology, civilization and many more positive social behaviour. Moreover, after independence, they left. Christianity is not as deadly and forceful like Islam. Since Islam was forcefully brought into the Western part of Nigeria, its been dangerous, nothing positive bu death, hatred and ethnic cleansing.
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Simbrixton(m): 3:58pm On Jul 23, 2021
PARACLETOS:

The British brought their influence during colonisation. They brought education, technology, civilization and many more positive social behaviour. Moreover, after independence, they left. Christianity is not as deadly and forceful like Islam. Since Islam was forcefully brought into the Western part of Nigeria, its been dangerous, nothing positive bu death, hatred and ethnic cleansing.
lol we have no issues with islam abeg
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by ifiokjohn(m): 5:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
Simbrixton:
BINI dont compare to esan even in dreams Akhigbe and Aikhomu two vice presidents under babangida and abdulsalam are esan origin Esan get money and influence pass binis Tony Anenih Oyegun tom ikimi anthony enahoro and many more national heroes are from esan land j

ESAN GBE DO
E be like something dey do you.
Na just jealoussy or you dey against Benin.
Me and you know say for kings in Nigeria well respected
Benin King dey d top 4..
There is no esan or what have you.
Them being president or vice president is of no essence. After all even Jonathan was President so go sitdown
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by sylve11: 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2021
Sammerboi:
Ilorin? A Yoruba city ruled by Futa Jallon tribe. No Yoruba Oba go climb horse and bear Shehu.

but you know this comment is kinda funny. grin grin cool
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Simbrixton(m): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2021
Sammerboi:
Ilorin? A Yoruba city ruled by Futa Jallon tribe. No Yoruba Oba go climb horse and bear Shehu.
ehya obi of onitsha a bini king in Anambra state
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Realest99(m): 2:22am On Jul 24, 2021
post=103995984:
Our heritage is our culture.

Meanwhile.....
Our Mavic Air2 Drone did a very good job as always kiss
God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Invitationn: 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2021
Veggieseedies:

Hearsay huh?

Never peddle hearsay, it is never admissible to my kind.

Lol grin
Hearsay mate. Of course no be me talk ham.
Go to Reno Omokri's to challenge him if e sure for you.
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by BeansAndBread(m): 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2021
PARACLETOS:

STFU!!! Imagine being proud of colonialism, British invaded your lands and defeated your people, after defeat they gave you Christianity, so who tha hell are you to talk about Ilorin when you guys are worse? You literally accepted the religion of your conquerors and you talking about Ilorin who weren't conquered but decided and chose to adopt such way of life?

Islam was present in the south west long before Christianity and the vast majority of Yoruba Muslims reverted through peaceful means unlike you guys who had to conquered and then pacified by Christianity lol
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by mukthar2000(m): 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2021
BeansAndBread:
Ode Mukhtar, you didn't know Muslims used to wear turbans or lawani in the past? The image below is Muhammad Shitta Bey, a full blooded Yoruba man with Lawani.
lolz, u shouldn't have called me ode, thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 24, 2021
BeansAndBread:
STFU!!! Imagine being proud of colonialism, British invaded your lands and defeated your people, after defeat they gave you Christianity, so who tha hell are you to talk about Ilorin when you guys are worse? You literally accepted the religion of your conquerors and you talking about Ilorin who weren't conquered but decided and chose to adopt such way of life?

Islam was present in the south west long before Christianity and the vast majority of Yoruba Muslims reverted through peaceful means unlike you guys who had to conquered and then pacified by Christianity lol

You should be ashamed of yourself for what you just said about Western civilization. The phone or pc you are using to type, is it not as a result of them? The English language yiu are using to express yourself, is it not because of that their colonisation? What has Islam brought if not ISIS, ISWAP, BOKOHARAM, AL'QAIDA, EZBOLA AND TERRORISM.. DEATH, SUFFERING, CRIMINALITY AND ALL SORT OF NEGATIVE SOCIAL VICES?
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by BeansAndBread(m): 9:37pm On Jul 24, 2021
PARACLETOS:

You should be ashamed of yourself for what you just said about Western civilization. The phone or pc you are using to type, is it not as a result of them? The English language yiu are using to express yourself, is it not because of that their colonisation? What has Islam brought if not ISIS, ISWAP, BOKOHARAM, AL'QAIDA, EZBOLA AND TERRORISM.. DEATH, SUFFERING, CRIMINALITY AND ALL SORT OF NEGATIVE SOCIAL VICES?
The phone and everything you talk about has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity. If you wanna play the religious card, virtually everything the Christians learned were from the Muslim scientists. Medicine, chemistry, Physics, mathematics were all pioneered by Muslim and Jewish scientists. The Christians translated the work into latin and improved on it.

The colonialism you brag about brought about the deaths and destruction of millions. The Spanish Christians exterminated native Americans, the Dutch Christians exterminated natives in south asia, the world war led to millions of deaths all by Christians.

The deaths and destructions brought about by Christians is the greatest, the above groups you mentioned are child's play when compared to the destruction Christians brought. The only reason why the west is peaceful today is because they abandoned Christianity, they're now secular and turning towards atheism.
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by BeansAndBread(m): 9:37pm On Jul 24, 2021
mukthar2000:
lolz, u shouldn't have called me ode, thanks for the enlightenment.
I'm sorry bro, I was angry due to the comments I was seeing around, mabinu

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 25, 2021
BeansAndBread:
The phone and everything you talk about has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity. If you wanna play the religious card, virtually everything the Christians learned were from the Muslim scientists. Medicine, chemistry, Physics, mathematics were all pioneered by Muslim and Jewish scientists. The Christians translated the work into latin and improved on it.

The colonialism you brag about brought about the deaths and destruction of millions. The Spanish Christians exterminated native Americans, the Dutch Christians exterminated natives in south asia, the world war led to millions of deaths all by Christians.

The deaths and destructions brought about by Christians is the greatest, the above groups you mentioned are child's play when compared to the destruction Christians brought. The only reason why the west is peaceful today is because they abandoned Christianity, they're now secular and turning towards atheism.

grin grin grin grin Islam cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
The only reason the East is terrorism ravaged is because they embraced Islam!
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by BeansAndBread(m): 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2021
PARACLETOS:

grin grin grin grin Islam cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
The only reason the East is terrorism ravaged is because they embraced Islam!
What east are you talking about? The middle east has one of the best and progressive society. If I begin to breakdown the history of Christian wars and the impacts it had on the world you go enter ground. Today, the reason why the Western world are peaceful is because they've done away with religion. They don't even go to churches anymore lol, secularism ti take over.

And yeah, most of the scientific breakthrough was by Muslims, ever heard of Muslim scientists? All their works were translated into latin by Christians and they built on it, so shut up
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2021
BeansAndBread:
What east are you talking about? The middle east has one of the best and progressive society. If I begin to breakdown the history of Christian wars and the impacts it had on the world you go enter ground. Today, the reason why the Western world are peaceful is because they've done away with religion. They don't even go to churches anymore lol, secularism ti take over.

And yeah, most of the scientific breakthrough was by Muslims, ever heard of Muslim scientists? All their works were translated into latin by Christians and they built on it, so shut up
Bokoboy abeg comot for my mention before you become violent. Ishmael your father was cursed in the Bible that's why you guys are all violent.
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by BeansAndBread(m): 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2021
PARACLETOS:

Bokoboy abeg comot for my mention before you become violent. Ishmael your father was cursed in the Bible that's why you guys are all violent.
Idiot!!! Here's what the bible said about my forefather Ishmael:

And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation. Genesis 17:20

Cry more Yoruba Christian!!! grin grin grin
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 25, 2021
BeansAndBread:

And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation. Genesis 17:20

Let me enlighten your terror ravaged brain a little about Ishmael and his descendant.

As Hagar travelled toward her homeland, she was visited by the “Messenger of Jehovah,” himself a divine being (Genesis 16:7, 13). The Messenger informed Hagar that she would bear a son and his name would be Ishmael (“God hears”).

PROPHECIES REGARDING ISHMAEL
Within this general context, a number of remarkable prophecies were made regarding Ishmael and his descendants. Some consideration of these matters should be of interest to Bible students in these days of political conflict.

IT WAS FORETOLD THAT ISHMAEL WOULD BE:

“a wild ass among men; his hand shall be against every man, and every man’s hand against him. And he shall dwell over against all his brethren”
(Genesis 16:12).
Later, it was said of Ishmael that God would “multiply him exceedingly,” and that he would be the father of “twelve princes” and a “great nation would proceed from him”
(17:20).

PROPHECIES FULFILLED
These prophecies have been stunningly fulfilled. Note the following historical facts.

Ishmael grew up, married an Egyptian woman, and begat twelve sons who became princes over their respective tribes (Genesis 25:12ff) — exactly as prophesied (17:20).

These people inhabited the territory between Havilah (probably in NW Arabia) and Shur (near the Egyptian border), and were one of the several peoples who were the ancestors of the Arabians (cf Genesis 10:7, 25-30; 25:1-4, 13-16).

Today, Arab-dominated territories are much more extensive even than in Bible times.

ISHMAEL, A WILD ASS
Ishmael was characterized as a “wild ass.” What is the significance of that expression? Several ideas have been suggested. Hamilton contends that the habitat of the wild ass is in the waste places (cf. Job 39:5-8 )

Anderson/Freedman thought that the figure hints of a “forlorn and friendless” existence (505; cf. Genesis 21:20). Baur/Harrison suggested that the wild ass was a creature proverbially skilled at escape — only a hunter of “obvious prowess” could capture him (Bromiley, 905).

All of these descriptives are traits of the bedouin tribes of the Arabian peninsula.

His Hand Against Every Man...
Of special interest, though, is the foreboding indication that the descendants of Ishmael would be a fierce people — “his hand against every man, every man’s hand against him”

Moses wrote that the Ishmaelite “abode over against all his brethren” (Genesis 25:18; cf. 16:12b). Many scholars believe that this language reflects a hostile disposition[/i]
(cf. NIV).

William Beck’s, An American Translation, renders the phrase: “They fought with all their relatives.” E.A. Speiser argued that the language depicts the attacks characteristically made upon the Ishmaelites’ various kinsmen (188).

History has amply illustrated the warlike temperament of the Arabian people. Thomas Newton, who traced the bloody history of the Arabs with precision, said these people

“live in a state of continual war with the rest of the world ... they have been such enemies of mankind, it is no wonder that mankind have been enemies to them again”
(23)

Don't mention my moniker again you son of an "enemy of mankind"
Re: Ilorin Emirate Holds Durbar Despite Ban by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 25, 2021
BeansAndBread:

Let me enlighten your terror ravaged brain a little about Ishmael and his descendant.

As Hagar travelled toward her homeland, she was visited by the “Messenger of Jehovah,” himself a divine being (Genesis 16:7, 13). The Messenger informed Hagar that she would bear a son and his name would be Ishmael (“God hears”).

PROPHECIES REGARDING ISHMAEL
Within this general context, a number of remarkable prophecies were made regarding Ishmael and his descendants. Some consideration of these matters should be of interest to Bible students in these days of political conflict.

IT WAS FORETOLD THAT ISHMAEL WOULD BE:

“a wild ass among men; his hand shall be against every man, and every man’s hand against him. And he shall dwell over against all his brethren”
Later, it was said of Ishmael that God would “multiply him exceedingly,” and that he would be the father of “twelve princes” and a “great nation would proceed from him”
(17:20).

PROPHECIES FULFILLED
These prophecies have been stunningly fulfilled. Note the following historical facts.

Ishmael grew up, married an Egyptian woman, and begat twelve sons who became princes over their respective tribes (Genesis 25:12ff) — exactly as prophesied (17:20).

These people inhabited the territory between Havilah (probably in NW Arabia) and Shur (near the Egyptian border), and were one of the several peoples who were the ancestors of the Arabians (cf Genesis 10:7, 25-30; 25:1-4, 13-16).

Today, Arab-dominated territories are much more extensive even than in Bible times.

ISHMAEL, A WILD ASS
Ishmael was characterized as a “wild ass.” What is the significance of that expression? Several ideas have been suggested. Hamilton contends that the habitat of the wild ass is in the waste places (cf. Job 39:5-8 )

Anderson/Freedman thought that the figure hints of a “forlorn and friendless” existence (505; cf. Genesis 21:20). Baur/Harrison suggested that the wild ass was a creature proverbially skilled at escape — only a hunter of “obvious prowess” could capture him (Bromiley, 905).

All of these descriptives are traits of the bedouin tribes of the Arabian peninsula.

His Hand Against Every Man...
Of special interest, though, is the foreboding indication that the descendants of Ishmael would be a fierce people — “his hand against every man, every man’s hand against him”

Moses wrote that the Ishmaelite “abode over against all his brethren” (Genesis 25:18; cf. 16:12b). Many scholars believe that this language reflects a hostile disposition
(cf. NIV).

William Beck’s, An American Translation, renders the phrase: “They fought with all their relatives.” E.A. Speiser argued that the language depicts the attacks characteristically made upon the Ishmaelites’ various kinsmen (188).

History has amply illustrated the warlike temperament of the Arabian people. Thomas Newton, who traced the bloody history of the Arabs with precision, said these people

“live in a state of continual war with the rest of the world ... they have been such enemies of mankind, it is no wonder that mankind have been enemies to them again”
(23)

Don't mention my moniker again you son of an "enemy of mankind"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Guinness Gold: Guinness Unveils New Premium Golden Lager Beer At Lagos Event / Amaechi Hosts Nollywood Stars To A Special Dinner / Tony Anenih's 80th Birthday Celebration Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.