Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad (64437 Views)

Naira Appreciation: Apostle Johnson Suleman Blasts Nigerians That Are Unhappy / Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) / Chris Oyakhilome When Christ Embassy Started In 1987(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by kazeeyoung(m): 3:07pm On Jul 25, 2021
Sir , alot of people has the opportunity too, but the currency of Nigeria den was equivalent to the foreign one. So no justification for going to abroad.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by MummyD2020(f): 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2021
kingxsamz:
Who wouldn't want to stay in a country where one can open 100 churches in one area? undecided

They should start sharing chilled beer for people that make sensible contributions like this.

2 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Jakasibo(m): 3:13pm On Jul 25, 2021
NoobWriter:
if you have any articles or writings and you are looking for a writer to help write it then don't hesitate to quote me

WhatsApp number?
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Eriokanmi: 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2021
COMPAQ:

Besides the guy selling the inverter thing would never have got to that stage if he had never traveled abroad in the first place. If he had stayed back, then that opportunity would likely never had come. He would never have had the contact with that American company and with poor salary in Nigeria he'd likely not have the capital to do that business. So going to America is what helped him.
I'm not against going to America. Oyedepo never said he didn't go to America. He has church branches there. Go and learn opportunities, but come back and put it to use. That's my point. The speed of your progress would shock you, if you come back. Even the few multinationals we have around would consider those with a foreign degree more than home-baked graduates when employing. No place like naija. Forget all those hitches. They won't last forever. I only blame our youths for allowing those criminals who call themselves leaders to manipulate their brains in every election. Buhari shouldn't have been allowed to taste that position in the first place. He would be rated the most-failed leader after exit of power

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by MummyD2020(f): 3:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
Nikeballer:
Clown......werey Sorosoke shebi tithes and offerings don dey reduce na with the way lots of naija don dey japa.....

You didn't move abroad cos Americans are not as gullible and ignorant as naija peeps wey dey find miracle up and down and your "ministry" wouldnt have been this big

Rather struggle and suffer in a working society with good infastructure and healthcare than this shithole country that thinks our problems/suffering will be solved in their religious gatherings after paying offering, tithes and donations to build schools that average nigerians can't afford....

Is this for real? Chineke!!!!
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by membranus: 3:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I'm on oyedepo's side on this. I took same bold step but never regretted it. I'm an embodiment of God's favour and grace. Shebi we go the America sef, but I chose to return home after my program. I don't know if the highest earning Nigerian living overseas can match me in revenues monthly. I give them money each time I go America. Ordinary 100 dollar is like giving them millions. I had shared stories of my life and that of my uncle who used to work at Walmart in the past as stores officer. He shunned the flashy lifestyles over there and came back home, to introduce a solar inverter manufactured by trace engineering, USA which later became Xantrex. His friends booed him, they said village people had come calling, that he's been bewitched. This man today is a billionaire. He had a major leap in his business when the atm revolution erupted in Nigeria, he became favourite of old generation banks including the CBN for installation of inverters to power all their atms nationwide. Na foreigners like Indians for chop the whole money clean mouth, come pay our graduates employed with peanut.

Nigeria is a land of honey and milk. Na those in government God go punish for discouraging foreign investors from coming in through their selfish ends. Where I've stepped my feet into, none of our leaders' children had had the opportunity to reach, in their entire life. I've been with Barak Obama, courtesy my profession in DAR Hall( Daughters of American Revolution Hall) near the white House in DC.

Do we have challenges? Yes, we do. Are they surmoutable? Yes they are. Buhari can't be in government forever. If pool comes to shove, we break up and we bear our fathers' names . We can still work together as neighbours in areas where each has a comparative advantage. I have a friend who had his masters and PhD in a university in NC, where he lives. Recently, I saw him posting tokunbo cars on his status for sale...an associate Prof selling used cars...what a life! Back home he'd be an oga in one of our universities where his service would be appreciated.

This is a fake and a self advertising narrative.

That your brother or uncle, if he has not travelled abroad, would he have gotten acquainted with those complex technologies that made him a rich man?

And for you, the riches you are boasting about were made because you made use of the opportunities you saw in your journeys abroad to enrich yourself.

As for your unfortunate professor, there are many other professors like Okonjo Iweala who are on top of their profession just because they ventured abroad. Besides how many professors in Nigeria are rich?
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by sleekymag(m): 3:26pm On Jul 25, 2021
The issue i have with statements like this is that Bishop Oyedepo's second son, Pastor Isaac, lives abroad, in the US for that matter, heading the Winners church in Maryland, US. This same son of his was in charge of Winners church in South Africa before moving to the US. Also his first son, Pastor David Jnr, now resident pastor in Canaanland used to live in the UK heading the Winners church there.

If Nigerians were not migrating abroad, there would be virtually no winners chapel in many of the countries the church operates in, because most of the members there are of Nigerian descent. In US for example, most winners churches members are 80 to 90% Nigerians, if not more.

People migrate for various reasons. So long as they're making earnings legitimately, it doesn't matter the nature of their jobs. Let Nigeria get itself properly, those who choose to stay, will stay.

By the way, Bishop Oyedepo himself has been traveling to the US for long. In 1987, he planned to relocate permanently, there was nothing wrong with that plan. It was his heart desire, just like many Nigerians who may wish to relocate too. Only that in his case, God later told him not to move. There are many that God has sanctioned their move abroad. No cap size fits all. Some will go for sometime and come back to invest in Nigeria, some will never return. To each his own.

4 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by thecommunist(m): 3:30pm On Jul 25, 2021
Broveens42:

You're trying so hard to disagree of what you know already.

People migrate basically because of ECONOMY and human rights.

Education and all other factors are just a decoy for most people to travel out to experience the two factors I highlighted earlier.

Despite the advancement of China, a new documentary show that there is an increase migration of Chinese to the U S for greener pastures (using education as an easy way of escape).
Also savoring the free/human rights/Western life in U S and most European countries.
besides, the Education he claims is not standard is the same education most people use to work in white collar roles in North America. I know a lot of ppl using thier Nigerian degree to work in Canada and the United States.

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Amalekki: 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2021
My neighbors' papa refused an opportunity to move abroad in 1988, they are still regretting that decision till date o. Different strokes for different folks grin

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by thecommunist(m): 3:36pm On Jul 25, 2021
Bishop Oyedepo seems to be mocking Nigerians these days. Why can't he just Concentrate on preaching the gospel and leave stories alone!

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by thecommunist(m): 3:41pm On Jul 25, 2021
dapadawee:

Hatred...
When non of a man's generation have ever tasted glory it's normal to hate any successful person
Of all People, Bishop Oyedepo and yourself should know that all this wealth won't follow anyone out of this world. So why all the fuss? Both successful unsuccessful people will eventually share the same fate and that is death, but what matters is what God thinks and know about us not how much money we made or how big our church is or how many church branches we have all over the world or how we have the power to hire or fire unfruitful pastors up and down. May God help all of us.

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by atiku07(m): 3:45pm On Jul 25, 2021
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by 4gunners(m): 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I'm on oyedepo's side on this. I took same bold step but never regretted it. I'm an embodiment of God's favour and grace. Shebi we go the America sef, but I chose to return home after my program. I don't know if the highest earning Nigerian living overseas can match me in revenues monthly. I give them money each time I go America. Ordinary 100 dollar is like giving them millions. I had shared stories of my life and that of my uncle who used to work at Walmart in the past as stores officer. He shunned the flashy lifestyles over there and came back home, to introduce a solar inverter manufactured by trace engineering, USA which later became Xantrex. His friends booed him, they said village people had come calling, that he's been bewitched. This man today is a billionaire. He had a major leap in his business when the atm revolution erupted in Nigeria, he became favourite of old generation banks including the CBN for installation of inverters to power all their atms nationwide. Na foreigners like Indians for chop the whole money clean mouth, come pay our graduates employed with peanut.

Nigeria is a land of honey and milk. Na those in government God go punish for discouraging foreign investors from coming in through their selfish ends. Where I've stepped my feet into, none of our leaders' children had had the opportunity to reach, in their entire life. I've been with Barak Obama, courtesy my profession in DAR Hall( Daughters of American Revolution Hall) near the white House in DC.

Do we have challenges? Yes, we do. Are they surmoutable? Yes they are. Buhari can't be in government forever. If pool comes to shove, we break up and we bear our fathers' names . We can still work together as neighbours in areas where each has a comparative advantage. I have a friend who had his masters and PhD in a university in NC, where he lives. Recently, I saw him posting tokunbo cars on his status for sale...an associate Prof selling used cars...what a life! Back home he'd be an oga in one of our universities where his service would be appreciated.
Ehn ehn.. so cos your uncle was able to leverage on his exposure abroad to make money means Nigeria is a place everybody should rush back to.

Please, when next you want argue with this your narrow thinking, remember your uncle is just one person that was “lucky”. A country where you can’t move freely; basic social amenities are not available for all; doctors, lectures are not paid well, as at when due. You should look at issues from a broader point of few - if 100 graduates come back home, can 50 of them gets something tangible to do.

A country that stifles growth should not be where you rush to.

2 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by lordally(m): 3:59pm On Jul 25, 2021
Agbebakun22:

U said opportunities are in Nigeria can u point at these opportunities nonsense, all those yeye Motivational speaker sef, make den give u Canada Visa if u no go japaa comot, Nigerian is filled with opportunities still 90% of Nigeria youths are into internet fraud, opportunities are in Nigeria according to you many business coming up are being killed by the govt, many opportunities are in Nigeria still most of graduate enrolling for an NPower a meagre token that can't buy me ordinary apple wireless iPod 2,opportunities are in Nigeria according to u and people are fighting to get three month jobs to clean gutters for less than $50 per month, opportunities are in Nigeria according to u while 70% of graduate can't get loan for startup, opportunities is in Nigeria while 20 million of people are going into poverty yearly, opportunities are in Nigeria while some family feed on $2 daily, opportunities are in Nigeria according to u still there are lot of unemployment among graduates, opportunities are in Nigeria according to u still a minimum wages is below $80... Please spare me the motivational talk if na so the opportunity take dey u for help people that looking for it to discover it..

The guy himself that you just quoted isn't based in Nigeria!! But in no won gree make person Relocate for better opportunities omo Just free that man abeg
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Vireani79: 3:59pm On Jul 25, 2021
Glink2018:

Oma shofo Danu ni...oni Taayo ...moto lo ma pa e....

Shopono lo ma da eya e eti a won omo re
Era ma pa omo re
Igi iroko ma ja boh Lori a won family eh
Ko ni da Fu eh
Omo of
Werey ma do baby eh
Oloriburuku
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by TheRealestGuy(m): 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2021
desiredhome:

Na them cause am.....poverty and inferiority complex......
Nigerians have seen/made themselves slaves, so they can't reason/think for themselves.....

This is so funny.

People all over the world emigrate for better opportunities.

It is absolutely normal.

And when they go to those better countries they have to start from scratch doing odd and menial jobs.

If you plan well you'll move up the jobs ladder in no time.

Stop demonising emigration.

Italians, Polish, Spaniards, Portuguese and Australians all emigrate to the UK for better opportunities. Same way Argentines, Mexicans, Ecuadorians, etc emigrate to the US for better opportunities.

These are countries far better than Nigeria but still their citizens look to other better countries for opportunities.

Stop saying what you don't know.

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Yoighaman(m): 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2021
sleekymag:
The issue i have with statements like this is that Bishop Oyedepo's second son, Pastor Isaac, lives abroad, in the US for that matter, heading the Winners church in Maryland, US. This same son of his was in charge of Winners church in South Africa before moving to the US. Also his first son, Pastor David Jnr, now resident pastor in Canaanland used to live in the UK heading the Winners church there.

If Nigerians were not migrating abroad, there would be virtually no winners chapel in many of the countries the church operates in, because most of the members there are of Nigerian descent. In US for example, most winners churches members are 80 to 90% Nigerians, if not more.

People migrate for various reasons. So long as they're making earnings legitimately, it doesn't matter the nature of their jobs. Let Nigeria get itself properly, those who choose to stay, will stay.

By the way, Bishop Oyedepo himself has been traveling to the US for long. In 1987, he planned to relocate permanently, there was nothing wrong with that plan. It was his heart desire, just like many Nigerians who may wish to relocate too. Only that in his case, God later told him not to move. There are many that God has sanctioned their move abroad. No cap size fits all. Some will go for sometime and come back to invest in Nigeria, some will never return. To each his own.

Well said.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Yoighaman(m): 4:19pm On Jul 25, 2021
Bishop Oyedepo is only speaking for himself and the decision he took, I don't think he has mentioned that anyone should not relocate.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 25, 2021
He is talking to all the foreigners shouting secession on nairaland. Slaves in another country that cannot even build anything. Pests and parasites everywhere they go.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by tegrianonigltd(m): 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2021
CodeTemplar:
You are clearly mistaken. Martin Luther King and Martin Luther King Jnr. are two different personalities.

Google Martin Luther king and it’s brings the Jr, and I believe you clearly know what I am talking about.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2021
If since 2003 till date and you are still waiting for God to use you to birth Nigeria you better rethink and start restrategize.
jesusjnr2020:
I've had several opportunities to do so.

First one I was willing to go but then all of a sudden, I just found myself later rejecting the offer. I don't even know what really came over me then.

Another was when I had begun to walk at the level of the Spirit. It was in the early noughties when i was given an opportunity to relocate to Minnesota sometime in 2003, but I declined because by then my orientation had changed.

Although things weren't going fine, I had this strong belief that things would change, and that I was meant to be a part of the solution, so I just couldn't abandon Nigeria to go elsewhere, because I believed Nigeria needed me here.

At the time, I didn't know much about what i was doing, but over the years, I have come to realize that my decisions were actually Spirit-led, because I'm one of those that God planned to use to birth a new Nigeria He'd use to shake and shock the world, and let the world know that He's the Lord of all the Earth.

That's why when people see a hopeless situation, I see a huge opportunity for God. When people see chaos, i see the storm before a great calm. When people see a nation that cannot survive the present crises, i see a nation that would emerge from it the better. When people see a dead nation, I see a nation that would rise again, because I believe in God, and that which is impossible with men is possible with God, for with God nothing shall be impossible.

God bless.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Glink2018(m): 4:53pm On Jul 25, 2021
Vireani79:

Shopono lo ma da eya e eti a won omo re
Era ma pa omo re
Igi iroko ma ja boh Lori a won family eh
Ko ni da Fu eh
Omo of
Werey ma do baby eh
Oloriburuku

asiwere eniyan. kadara re yoo parun laisi atunse. igbe kikoro ko ni kuro ninu iran re. ailopin ibanujẹ ni yio ṣubu fun ọ. ailopin ti iparun yoo wa sori idile rẹ. igbekun ọtá yoo mu ọ duro de iku
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Olarewaju89: 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2021
Depot:
I no dey go pastor church simply because church fund is way too big for one man and his family to manage .

But you dey go native doctor house abi?
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by scarycuteface(m): 4:57pm On Jul 25, 2021
Who was president in 1987
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by billyG(m): 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2021
Nikeballer:
Clown......werey Sorosoke shebi tithes and offerings don dey reduce na with the way lots of naija don dey japa.....

You didn't move abroad cos Americans are not as gullible and ignorant as naija peeps wey dey find miracle up and down and your "ministry" wouldnt have been this big

Rather struggle and suffer in a working society with good infastructure and healthcare than this shithole country that thinks our problems/suffering will be solved in their religious gatherings after paying offering, tithes and donations to build schools that average nigerians can't afford....
No be goat ,ram God say make we sacrifice again?
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by HBB1(m): 5:06pm On Jul 25, 2021
Amalekki:
My neighbors' papa refused an opportunity to move abroad in 1988, they are still regretting that decision till date o. Different strokes for different folks grin

My Dad left the US after his PHD.

They begged him to stay ( or return for several years).

He regrets that decision today.

2 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by ajl: 5:14pm On Jul 25, 2021
Which Nigerians are suffering abroad? The same Nigerians that send over $20 billion home every year, which is close to or more than the revenue earning of the entire country from oil in recent time. Of course, like everywhere there will always be those struggling. And these are usually those without a legal resident status.

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by nobaga: 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2021
A common question here is how much was naira to dollar then.

If all Americans do is spend Naira in America like Nigerians want dollars in Nigeria, American dollar will be cheaper than Zimbabwe dollars.

There are more American 100 dollars outside America than inside America back by nothing. Remember, there is nothing like gold standard again.

Spend Naira in Nigeria to demand Nigerian made goods and services. Naira will appreciate. But as long as you use Naira to chase American goods and services, you will always look for more and more Naira to buy dollars.

Dollar is branding, without weight. If Americans sell beach sands, people will buy made in America sand.

But wait, you can only buy American sand in dollars.

Go figure.

2 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by ajl: 5:25pm On Jul 25, 2021
Which Nigerians are suffering abroad? The same Nigerians that send over $20 billion home every year, which is close to or more than the revenue earning of the entire country from oil in recent time. Of course, like everywhere there will always be those struggling. And these are usually those without a legal resident status.

And in the US, the pastor probably won't have the liberty he has in Nigeria in fleecing the worshippers in his church.

1 Like

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Staphylococcus: 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I've had several opportunities to do so.

First one I was willing to go but then all of a sudden, I just found myself later rejecting the offer. I don't even know what really came over me then.

Another was when I had begun to walk at the level of the Spirit. It was in the early noughties when i was given an opportunity to relocate to Minnesota sometime in 2003, but I declined because by then my orientation had changed.

Although things weren't going fine, I had this strong belief that things would change, and that I was meant to be a part of the solution, so I just couldn't abandon Nigeria to go elsewhere, because I believed Nigeria needed me here.

At the time, I didn't know much about what i was doing, but over the years, I have come to realize that my decisions were actually Spirit-led, because I'm one of those that God planned to use to birth a new Nigeria He'd use to shake and shock the world, and let the world know that He's the Lord of all the Earth.

That's why when people see a hopeless situation, I see a huge opportunity for God. When people see chaos, i see the storm before a great calm. When people see a nation that cannot survive the present crises, i see a nation that would emerge from it the better. When people see a dead nation, I see a nation that would rise again, because I believe in God, and that which is impossible with men is possible with God, for with God nothing shall be impossible.

God bless.

Trust me and believe me.

Your village people are on your case.

It's not ordinary.
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2021
temitope27:
most especially igbos grin
Let us go nah
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by desiredhome: 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2021
TheRealestGuy:

This is so funny.

People all over the world emigrate for better opportunities.

It is absolutely normal.

And when they go to those better countries they have to start from scratch doing odd and menial jobs.

If you plan well you'll move up the jobs ladder in no time.

Stop demonising emigration.

Italians, Polish, Spaniards, Portuguese and Australians all emigrate to the UK for better opportunities. Same way Argentines, Mexicans, Ecuadorians, etc emigrate to the US for better opportunities.

These are countries far better than Nigeria but still their citizens look to other better countries for opportunities.

Stop saying what you don't know.

Mr know it explain why is Nigeria with all it's natural resources yet the poverty capital of the world......why is Nigeria the most praying, most Churchy yet the poorest country?........

If you think beyond being a slave you will know it's better to develop your own instead of running after already made.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

"I Held Meetings With Snakes..." - Peterside Idah, ex-Eagles Goalkeeper! / Girl Dies From Lethebo Rabalango's Speaker In His Church (Photos) / "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.