Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses (56223 Views)

Why Are So Many Christians Against Jehovah Witnesses ? Why ? / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by DappaD: 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2021
Ayo2004:

Stop taking like a religous zombie void of any sense...
Allowing such teachings to propagate will lead to widespread political apathy which reduces national development
Any country can ban such movements
How can you tell people that it is right not to participate in the political matters that determine how well the society and economy will be during that political tenure?
I am 17 yet I don't know how adults can be stupid all in the name of religion
This Christianity that u people carry for head anyhow,doesn't it sound wrong to you that God allows one church to participate in political activities while He tells another not to?
Don't u guys realised that the churches of today invent doctrines to actualize their leaders selfish desires?
How can humans(including the well educated ones) be so gullible?

You said you are 17 therefore you should know how to address those who might be older than you times two figures.

The Catholic Church being politically active resulted in over a 100million casualties during the first and second world war.
The Jehovah’s Witnesses being politically neutral continues to have a zero(0) casualty figure during those wars.

Can you tell me who is more bloodguilty between those are dining with politicians or those who choose not to participate in politics? Hint: Revelation 18:24

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2021
GB are working with the Most intelligent Being in the whole universe, no scientist can be ahead of them in issues relating to health! smiley

maximunimpact:

I don't have time for argument on blood, but Governing body are not scientists and they are not smarter than medical doctors
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by rottennaija(m): 7:10pm On Jul 25, 2021
Emusan:

On this thread created by @Rottennaija your two brothers including one who now has the hope of heavenly calling TATIME & Maximus69 (now MaxinDHouse) were both arguing that Jehovah witness is so loved by Russian Government even posting the picture of Putin given them award. to the extend of calling the OP @Rottennaija different names.

So how come this thread is coming this time around.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

Ok... I'll watch the video and comment later.
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by rottennaija(m): 7:10pm On Jul 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
GB are working with the Most intelligent Being in the whole universe, no scientist can be ahead of them in issues relating to health! smiley

One word, Covid19 vaccine

1 Like

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by executive12: 7:11pm On Jul 25, 2021
Almost similar to what tribalist and terrorist sponsor Buhari did in Nigeria by labeling IPOB a terrorist group, while pandering to Miyetti Allah which carries out terrorist acts on Nigerians.
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by IMAliyu(m): 7:11pm On Jul 25, 2021
harmony75:
The Bible have said it that we'll be persecuted why troubling the witness they're very peaceful fellowship. Well Russia is an Islamic country but it's a free world let the Jehovah witness be!
Russia a Muslim country? I laugh grin grin

An atheist country during the Soviet days, but majority are Russian Christian Orthodox.
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by franconian: 7:12pm On Jul 25, 2021
haddeylium:

Jehovah’s Witnesses maintain their worldwide unity by remaining neutral for religious reasons. As many of you are aware politics is a great divider of nations and creates a huge disunity even among close friends.

JW also creates huge disunity even among family members. JWs are not allowed to marry even from other churches because you guys consider them as unbelievers, doing so could get you disfellowshiped.

If to you, creating disunity is a reason not to participate in politics, shouldn't it also be a reason to stay away from JWs and their activities?

1 Like

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Minjim: 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2021
chloride6:

What has that got to do with JW doctrine? Besides, you need to provide proof of your claims (simply for informative purposes). They seem superficial.

JW forbid military service and allegiance to the state. This is widely known and not denied even by the JW. See below,

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/why-dont-jw-go-to-war/
See the comment I quoted in the picture.
You said JW don't join the military and I showed you one that did and distinguished himself.
His exploit was a popular fact, I don't know why you were not aware.

You need to watch the Hacksaw Ridge

Modified

He was actually a Seventh Day Adventist
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by IMAliyu(m): 7:16pm On Jul 25, 2021
Etimemy:
I don't really understand what is going on in Russia, 98 % of them are Christians
A type of christian.
Even back in the day European Protestant and Catholics faugh each other.

So it's not unlikely the Russian Orthodox Church possibly doesn't like JW for some reason.
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by maximunimpact(m): 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Lols

Thesame GB that is discouraging higher education because Armaggedon is around the corner.

Give me a break grin

1 Like

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Judolisco(m): 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2021
haddeylium:
Jehovah's Witnesses are peace loving people and we follow and obey the law of whatever country we reside and seek peace with our neighbors without the use of FORCE. We pay our taxes and no country has anything to FEAR from US.

We are encouraged by the FAITH of our Russian brothers and sisters and their enduring heart in this critical times. Their strength and faithfulness is a joy to behold. They are in our prayers and Jehovah will continue to SUPPORT them.
Pls what's you guys fuse about singing the national anthem?
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by ceejay80s(m): 7:18pm On Jul 25, 2021
haddeylium:
Jehovah's Witnesses are peace loving people and we follow and obey the law of whatever country we reside and seek peace with our neighbors without the use of FORCE. We pay our taxes and no country has anything to FEAR from US.

We are encouraged by the FAITH of our Russian brothers and sisters and their enduring heart in this critical times. Their strength and faithfulness is a joy to behold. They are in our prayers and Jehovah will continue to SUPPORT them.
Story

They are very wicked
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Minjim: 7:18pm On Jul 25, 2021
Judolisco:
Pls what's you guys fuse about singing the national anthem?

I think it has to do with pledging to God rather than Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2021
Trustedpronet:

Not been part of the world includes abstinence from politics, imorallity, lieing, cheating, spiritism, killing, gay and lesbianism, false prophecies etc. It is not limited to politics.

You still need more enlightenment over that Sir, been no part of the world simply means not involved in the political affairs of any place on planet earth! smiley

All the works of the flesh as listed in the Bible book of Galatians 5:19-21 are things we are born with therefore when you become a true Christian you will start to fight against those traits until you're able to free yourself the ones you can blot out within your lifetime.
You can't remove all completely because you are still in the flesh (human)

But the problem a politician will have is He must not stand against any of these evil works of the flesh, so there's no way he can be a true Christian because even if he detest the works of the flesh he must work and support those PRACTICING this things if he wants to retain his political career! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by maximunimpact(m): 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
haddeylium:

JWs do not refuse good medical help. These web sites may be of interest to you from a medical point of view

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/should-anyone-be-given-a-blood-transfusion

http://www.abc.net.au/health/features/stories/2015/08/04/4286400.htm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC137267/#__ffn_sectitle

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00400192

Thanks for your time

All this effort just to defend 8-men-team that decides for 8million people how to care for their medical needs.

It's a rude surprise for grown ups to give up their thinking brain for some old men that runs the ORGANIZATION

1 Like

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Judolisco(m): 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
Minjim:

I think it has to do with pledging to God rather than Nigeria
but he claims they pay tax.. Is d tax to d government or to God?
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Maximus85(m): 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Please i've been seeing this moniker for long i never knew you are one of my brothers! smiley

My former account was Maximus69.
Glad to meet you my dearest brother! smiley

You're welcome bro

1 Like

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by haddeylium(m): 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2021
maximunimpact:

All this effort just to defend 8-men-team that decides for 8million people how to care for their medical needs.

It's a rude surprise for grown ups to give up their thinking brain for some old men that runs the ORGANIZATION

Have a terrific day cheesy
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by aribisala0(m): 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2021
worlexy:
Many people have died from the extremist’s view of Jehovah witness that their members should not receive blood transfusion because of the twisted Bible verse that children of God should not drink the blood of animals like the occultists do.

How does drinking animal blood and receiving blood transfusion to save one’s life be interpreted as the same?

Jehovah witness should stop this extremism and allow people live.

Blood loss is the number killer of women during childbirth in this part of the world, and to reduce or stop death from blood loss is by blood transfusion which the teachings of JW stand against and this has been leading many into early grave.

You are correct but many more have died from mainstream or orthodox Christianity and Islam
Let us not forget that the catholic church endorsed the slave trade
We have heard of forced abortions and sterilizations etc not not mention pedophilia

The problem is when people say things such as what you said they are reluctant to look at their own sect or religion objectively
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Alexandersantos(m): 7:24pm On Jul 25, 2021
YungMillionaire:
You mean those idiats that will be knocking loud on people's doors without invitation? Then please crack down on them.
we are following the commandment made by Jesus in Matthew 24:14
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by peacefulworld01(m): 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2021
worlexy:
Many people have died from the extremist’s view of Jehovah witness that their members should not receive blood transfusion because of the twisted Bible verse that children of God should not drink the blood of animals like the occultists do.

How does drinking animal blood and receiving blood transfusion to save one’s life be interpreted as the same?

Jehovah witness should stop this extremism and allow people live.

Blood loss is the number killer of women during childbirth in this part of the world, and to reduce or stop death from blood loss is by blood transfusion which the teachings of JW stand against and this has been leading many into early grave.
What make you feel Jehovah witnesses are terrorists.
Don't you know there are bloodless surgery operations and don't u even know that blood transfusion isn't completely safe.
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by peacefulworld01(m): 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2021
Ayo2004:

Stop taking like a religous zombie void of any sense...
Allowing such teachings to propagate will lead to widespread political apathy which reduces national development
Any country can ban such movements
How can you tell people that it is right not to participate in the political matters that determine how well the society and economy will be during that political tenure?
I am 17 yet I don't know how adults can be stupid all in the name of religion

This Christianity that u people carry for head anyhow,doesn't it sound wrong to you that God allows one church to participate in political activities while He tells another not to?
Don't u guys realised that the churches of today invent doctrines to actualize their leaders selfish desires?
How can humans(including the well educated ones) be so gullible?
U are a Muslim,so am not surprised.
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Ayo2004: 7:26pm On Jul 25, 2021
DappaD:

You said you are 17 therefore you should know how to address those who might be older than you times two figures.

The Catholic Church being politically active resulted in over a 100million casualties during the first and second world war.
The Jehovah’s Witnesses being politically neutral continues to have a zero(0) casualty figure during those wars.

Can you tell me who is more bloodguilty between those are dining with politicians or those who choose not to participate in politics? Hint: Revelation 18:24
The Catholic Church have their own shortcomings,no doubt.Propagating that citizens should not obey basic laws because of religous beliefs is just plain rubbish,I don't understand trying to use the Catholic Church to justify that.Jesus himself taught that we should give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar when he paid tax meaning he obeyed basic laws.

Is it even possible for a society to survive without politics?
Even in theocracy,your leaders will play politics
About the casualty part,many have died because of refusal to partake in blood transfusion (as a result of absurd religous beliefs) meaning JW is responsible for their deaths

You are ×2 older than me as you said,please,start reasoning like one

4 Likes

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by franconian: 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2021
maximunimpact:

And if the "governing body" decides today that blood transfusion is ok, they will all come up with articles and Bible verses to back them up. It's shocking how easily the human mind can be conditioned.

1 Like

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by peacefulworld01(m): 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2021
Chuvin22:
Russia is on the right track. No religion should be tolerated in this 21st century.

Nah only time e go take religion will be abolished entirely from this planet.
And if e tey too much, 4 generations from now, including the dark continent of Africa. undecided

I have a question for you.
How did life come into existence?
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by Ayo2004: 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2021
peacefulworld01:

U are a Muslim,so am not surprised.
I am Christian and I am telling you the truth without any bias.
Every church denomination of today is mainly based on the laws of men.
Catholic have their own laws
Same with JW
Same with so many Pentecostal churches
All of them claim to be from God even though the laws contradict each other
That should tell you that such laws are made by your leaders only to benefit themselves

Islam is also not left out in the religous stupidity overtaking many humans

3 Likes

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by maximunimpact(m): 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2021
franconian:

And if the "governing body" decides today that blood transfusion is ok, they will all come up with articles and Bible verses to back them up. It's shocking how easily the human mind can be conditioned.

Sure they'll still come up with Bible verses to defend the new light, check out some examples below grin

Will the men of Sodom be resurrected?

Watchtower 7/18/1879 p. 8 = Yes

Watchtower 6/1/1952 p. 338 = No

Watchtower78/1/1965 p. 47g = Yes

Watchtower7 6/1/1988 p. 31 = No

Live Forever (old edition ) p. 179 = Yes

Live Forever (new edition ) p. 179 = No

Insight, volume 2, p. 985 = Yes

Revelation book, p. 273 = No

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by peacefulworld01(m): 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2021
Legend44:
Which kind obey the law.... Most of them don't even sing national anthem sef.
Please u are not a Christian,why are you interfering in Christian issues
Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by effluxpump(m): 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2021
UncommonLogic:
Russia just trying to prevent the sorts of rubbish that's all over Nigeria and Africa. Business centers they call churches.
Rubbish trash.
Jehovah's witnesses are interested in people and not their money
They help people to examine the bible and find answers to life's big questions like :
Why are we here ?

Is this life all there is ?

Why so much suffering?

Will suffering ever end ?

Who is God?

Is it possible for humans to be close to Go ?

And a whole lot of questions that finding the answer will make them form a strong bond with Jehovah ( Jehovah is God's name as revealed in the bible )

They don't pollute there environment with noise

They don't solicite funds

In obedience to God and the love they have for their neighbors, they search for people who are willing to listen and gain the knowledge that leads to everlasting life.

We are peace loving people

Even when being persecuted,we remained peaceful in obedience to God when he said: "as far as it depends upon you,be peaceable with all men "

1 Like

Re: Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses by peacefulworld01(m): 7:32pm On Jul 25, 2021
Ayo2004:

I am Christian and I am telling you the truth without any bias.
Every church denomination of today is mainly based on the laws of men.
Catholic have their own laws
Same with JW
Same with so many Pentecostal churches
All of them claim to be from God even though the laws contradict each other
That should tell you that such laws are made by your leaders only to benefit themselves

Islam is also not left out in the religous stupidity overtaking many humans
If u are a Christian and you believe in the Bible then your ball of confusion is the various confusing doctrines churches preaches right?
If I may ask if u attend a school that fasely teaches you 1+1=5 and u later found out a school that teaches u 1+1=2

Which would u attend

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

T.B Joshua's New Vision About Buhari, Nigeria: "Pray For President Buhari" / Why Oyedepo's Meeting With Atiku Was Not An Exclusive Endorsement(Photos) / Daddy Freeze: "Pastor Said I Will Die In 24 Months Over Tithe, Free The Sheeple"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.