Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl (51118 Views)

The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) / 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) / Ebeano Supermarket: CCTV Captures A Lady Turning On A Gas Cooker (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by 1x2x3: 9:27am On Jul 27, 2021
sevo:
See Nigerian police trying desperately to rope the mom in...

Yes the mother should be investigated. There's no way a girl of her age will go out alone to have had the chance to learn that shiit she did. It didn't happen by chance, she went there straight to do what she was told to do. You shouldn't leave your kid to roam a supermarket knowing they could damage something. The kid must be questioned properly to ascertain who sent her and I can bet you the mother is aware.

I have seen cases where a mother taught her kids how to steal someone's handbag or phone, they did it perfectly as captured on camera....... Guess what? If those kids were caught, the mother will act like she knew nothing and we will say they are just kids. Stay calm, more will unfold.

6 Likes

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by Excelinpages(m): 9:27am On Jul 27, 2021
You killed a snake that could easily help you earn money by tourism.

We kill plenty money making opportunities in this country.

MEANWHILE IT would make sense to start saving 'small small' towards yuletide expenses oh. With the way Nigeria is going and the inflation doing anyhow, would it not make sense to save even 10K OR More every month towards December

If you save 10K monthly by December you would have 40K + Interest (more than you bank can ever give you for saving).

Go and save with Octa today and earn higher returns

Simply download the app, create a savings goal or transfer to your Octa account number.

Octa is owned by Page Financials.

Thank me anytime.
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by xynerise: 9:29am On Jul 27, 2021
At least now you will believe some people who torture some kids for being possessed grin
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:29am On Jul 27, 2021
Sad that the young girl did this. Some further investigation need to be carried out with regard to her motive.

However standard safety procedures should entail a business of this magnitude having smoke detectors and fire alarms. Also cylinders with gases in it shouldn't ideally be sold in that calibre of supermarket. Hopefully a root cause analysis, and learning from this significant event should be the approach of the management.
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by uvie66: 9:30am On Jul 27, 2021
LienwaltAbel:

Nigerians are terrible at safety and maintenance culture, keeping gas cylinders loaded with gas, connecting cylinders to burners. Dumbasses.
Small � whole building will just burn.... the thing dey weak me.
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by davidque: 9:30am On Jul 27, 2021
A clear conspiracy....this was very very deliberate, this girls isn't just evil, she acted as if she was sent to carry out this act. However, i will put a bigger blame on the management of the supermarket. from the first time i visited the supermarket, i realized that their were no sprinklers installed on the ceilings, no fire extinguishers on every aisle and even worse, Ebaeno constructed this building themselves and put just one Entrance and exit, no fire exit, no proper planning, goods just jam packed in the store. This whole issue is just a painful event. This is one of the only supermarkets that have quality goods and reasonable prices

2 Likes

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by themanderon: 9:31am On Jul 27, 2021
kingthreat:

Imagine you hosting a birthday for your kids and you recognize the girl among the attendees grin grin grin grin

Ah!!! Na die oh....She will quickly come and be going sharp sharp. I can't tell stories abeg. This one na Denis the Menace in a girls body.
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by ranmoor: 9:32am On Jul 27, 2021
Seun:
This video shows that the staff saw the fire early on. I would like to see if they brought back a fire extinguisher as the commentator said they were going to. I don't believe those lighters alone could have burned down the entire supermarket if they used a fire extinguisher shortly after that employee saw the fire, unless they were storing larger quantities of gas or other flammable materials in the store. I would really love to see what the staff did after detecting the fire.

You made some assumptions;
(i) There is an extinguisher nearby
(ii) The employee is well trained to use one

Now ask yourself, how well are these assumptions true in a typical Naija supermarket?

By the way, The first rule of fire safety: If not trained, don't attempt to quench the fire

1 Like

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by Tomilola360: 9:33am On Jul 27, 2021
The Future is INDEED female
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by davidque: 9:34am On Jul 27, 2021
sevo:
See Nigerian police trying desperately to rope the mom in...

You clearly didn't see the video where the mum and sister and children exited the supermarket laughing and looking back
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by pocohantas(f): 9:35am On Jul 27, 2021
Ishilove:

Anyone's first instinct will be 'water'. I don't see that happening here

When panic sets in, instincts take the back seat.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by kingthreat(m): 9:35am On Jul 27, 2021
themanderon:

Ah!!! Na die oh....She will quickly come and be going sharp sharp. I can't tell stories abeg. This one na Denis the Menace in a girls body.

Hahahaha, the girl pass am. The creator of Dennis the menace will sue you for exaggeration of the character. grin grin grin
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by BanevsJoker(m): 9:36am On Jul 27, 2021
Reminds me of Trashcan Man from Stephen King's The Stand.

1 Like

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by Olayetan(m): 9:37am On Jul 27, 2021
post=104139080:
We were so shocked watching this video 24 hours ago.
How can a 9 year old girl be so devilish and evil! shocked
While interrogating her,
She said no one sent her, that she did it on her own,
While the men/interviewers insisted it was her mother that told are to go light up that gas and cooker part of the supermarket, but this little girl insisted, she did it alone (even after threatening her with 'dirty slaps' on her face!)
And how can a Supermarket as big as that be selling Gas cylinders, with actual inflammable gas inside them
We still can't comprehend whatagwan!

Perhaps mehnnnn..........

Did you listen to the background voice?
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by Vaiki(m): 9:37am On Jul 27, 2021
Seun:
This video shows that the staff saw the fire early on. I would like to see if they brought back a fire extinguisher as the commentator said they were going to. I don't believe those lighters alone could have burned down the entire supermarket if they used a fire extinguisher shortly after that employee saw the fire, unless they were storing larger quantities of gas or other flammable materials in the store. I would really love to see what the staff did after detecting the fire.
Very good observation!! As a defense lawyer I believe it is very easy to rope the supermarket with negligence of duty:
* Keeping such amount of filled gas cylinders in an enclosed place.
* Keeping no fire extinguisher in sight in case of a fire while testing a cylinder for purchase.
* Leaving such corner unmanned by a supermarket attendants.
* Posing a lot of risk to shoppers alike.
* Very slow response to CCTV footage.
Any good lawyer will definitely be suing the supermarket or charge them with dangerous exposure.

1 Like

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by summerflame(m): 9:38am On Jul 27, 2021
FalseProphet1:
That girl is possessed, there are dark forces residing inside her, she will grow to become a terrorist in future.

This I have seen

She's an Igbo and an ipob
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by Nktessy(f): 9:38am On Jul 27, 2021
This is a child gotten from from a river or a native doctor. Devilish child that is born to steal, kill n destroy. She needs deliverance with proper koboko

2 Likes

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by themanderon: 9:39am On Jul 27, 2021
kingthreat:

Hahahaha, the girl pass am. The creator of Dennis the menace will sue you for exaggeration of the character. grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by Imustnottalk: 9:42am On Jul 27, 2021
This is negligence of the staffs or the management .I remembered when I was working in one big supermarket in Lagos then we have staffs that act like customers just watch what the customers are doing and they also have people who watch the CCTV camera to know what going on in the store
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by OChimex: 9:42am On Jul 27, 2021
kingthreat:

I was thinking the same but with the way she playfully bounced to the spot means she just wanted to do something prankish and evil.
If the child was sent, you would have seen some trepidation while she was trying to do such.
That kind of child, if you keep a gun in the house and she knows where it is. Even her best friend/playmate is in danger
Training a child is a big deals. Many African families are taking it for granted.

I doubt. She was so sure. Left every other shelves and moved to that with estimables. If she was playerful, she would be playing with every other shelves and other things until she got to that point.

All this happened in just a minute. A child can't be that playerful in one minute and wreck havoc. She will start somewhere until mistakenly cause a havoc
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by srclark: 9:42am On Jul 27, 2021
toffyz:
The girl's actions were pre meditated.

She wants to do that but it was never in her plan to burn down the whole supermarket

She never knew it will boomerang

She was just being childish, silly and lack home training.

it was in her plan to burn down the entire supermarket,a nine-year-old would not be this smart to ignite a fire near lighters, she was trained to do this . The police should quiz her more and you will be shocked some people actually sent her maybe rivals or there is more to this . If she had stopped at other sections of the supermarket it would be understandable she went directly to this section (so I doubt it is her first time there ) the girl acted under instructions the police need to do more questioning

1 Like

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by tolaade1960: 9:43am On Jul 27, 2021
Wickedness.
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 9:43am On Jul 27, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
Stop demonizing the girl

No one sell gas-filled cylinder in a supermarket supermarket are not authorized to do so

If it's true the cylinder are filled the super market deserved to be burned down to ashes
The cylinders were not filled, she only needs to use the lighters which contains gas and there are many lighters there. This is how lighters are being sold. She only handled the lighter and that’s all she needs to set the building ablaze.
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by adecz: 9:43am On Jul 27, 2021
If na me be Ebeano, na to
just cook the girl do pepper soup..☹️☹️☹️☹️

What evil possession.☹️☹️☹️

This girl is a regular visitor to the
shop & knows where the lighters
are kept.☹️☹️
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 9:44am On Jul 27, 2021
loliapoopy2013:
Are those cylinders filled with gas?
No, the lighters are filled with gas and there are many lighters on that shelf. Lighters are sold that way with gas liquid inside.

1 Like

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by na2016: 9:46am On Jul 27, 2021
kingthreat:

Are you trying to say that if you were the manager of that shopping mall, the situation won't have been what it is? Pray not for fire. When you hear something spreading like a "wild fire", you should know why that phrase was coined.

Not to sound insulting, I feel you need more education. Sometimes, it is not all topics one should comment and one should endeavour to read wide. I repeat that it is possible that the right extinguisher was not even available in the mall (or do you think all extinguishers work on any fire?). Second, I repeat Nigerians should learn to take where they work as theirs, that way people won't show a less concerned attitude over things simply because it is not theirs.

[b]For a fire that started at one of the aisles and with staff all over the place with the right extinguisher at the end of each aisle and regular fire drills, this would have been arrested.
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by OlujobaSamuel: 9:46am On Jul 27, 2021
The girl is one of these kids that might have been doing something of such at home and the parents won't caution her in the name of she is a kid.
A neighbor of mine selling building materials was seated at the entrance to the shop, her kid of less than 2yrs that is fond of throwing things, picked up a hammer head and threw it towards his mum, it hit the door by the side towards her head, she just laughed it off, I was like won't you caution him, she was like he is still a kid.
Btw, where are the security officers, sales rep and parents while the girl was wandering around in the mall?

1 Like

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 9:47am On Jul 27, 2021
Dazall:
May God not give us children that will put us in trouble...I can't imagine how the mother is feeling right now
The mother feelings? That looked like she was sent by someone who got the approval of the mother or the mother herself.
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by tranxo(m): 9:47am On Jul 27, 2021
OChimex:

One big mistake most Nigerians make always is blaming the victim.

Pray that evil is not planned against you, because if it does, it takes only grace of God to survive it no matter how smart you are.

Fire is something that is beyond control once it gains ground. I have happened to be one of the people who had helped to put out a fire in a flat. We emptied a full 1500 litters of tank in just one room, but the fire never stopped until it razed down every pin in that room.

Even I California, wildfire are still their greatest headache despite their sophistication.

There is a proverb in IGBO that says "Onye echere eche bu ozu" meaning, one who is being laid ambush for, always ends up a corpse.
The question is, that fire 1500 liters of water couldn't quench, is it supposed to be quenched with water?
Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by infogeneral: 9:51am On Jul 27, 2021
I think this is premeditated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Clearer Video Of Ebeano Supermarket Arson By 9-year-old Girl by OlujobaSamuel: 9:52am On Jul 27, 2021
OChimex:

I doubt. She was so sure. Left every other shelves and moved to that with estimables. If she was playerful, she would be playing with every other shelves and other things until she got to that point.

All this happened in just a minute. A child can't be that playerful in one minute and wreck havoc. She will start somewhere until mistakenly cause a havoc
Trust me, the girl has been playing with lighter at home with no one to caution her, she might have even been coming to the mall before and tried such with no one to monitor the CCTV or the girl, so entering the mall now, she will run down straight to that section just to catch fun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nnamdi Onunkwo Weds Obiageli Madubuko (Wedding Photos) / Wale Jana Shows His 3 Mercedes Benz: "3 Years Ago, I Didn't Have Car" / Folarin & Naza Alakija's White Wedding: Huge Amount Of Money Spent (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.