Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) (95081 Views)

Drone Footage Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire In Abuja (Video) / Aftermath Of Next Cash And Carry Supermarket Fire (Photos, Video) / 9-Year-Old Girl Set Ebeano Supermarket On Fire (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by kingthreat(m): 5:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
Discipline your child, una no go hear. You want to raise them like American kids.
Limit what they watch on TV, una no go hear. You want them to watch everything.
Inasmuch as the mother is not guilty of this, she should be charged with gross negligence.

Imagine your daughter says she has a new friend and she introduces you to this girl. What will you do?

3 Likes

Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by oaktown101(m): 5:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
She is just a kid. A 9yr old girl is a baby and i don't understand how the security agents would interview a kid to the point of slapping her in the face without her guardian being present. Showing this kid's face is really really wrong she will be traumatized for a long time.

Please leave the poor kid alone and let her go. Inefficiency on the part of the employees and whoever was monitoring the camera lead to all these burndown. If the guy in charge of the camera was paying attention to the camera he would have responded on time before the fire became worse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by kingthreat(m): 5:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
tesseract:
These guys have been trying really hard to rope in her mother in the crime. The mother is totally oblivious of what her daughter did if not they would have escaped from the scene.

True talk.

1 Like

Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by SouthSouth1914: 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
ValCon888:
I want to believe this is a deliberate act of sabotage.
The little girl went in their like she was on a mission.
She knew exactly where to go, what to do, and how to do it.
She was remote controlled. The next step for the police is to find out who was holding the control pad.

Another question to ask is this; Who gains in this situation? The depletion of sales in this supermarket leads to an increase in sales elsewhere.

I won't be surprised if the mastermind is a rival business trying to take out the competition.

Ebe ano has been burning since time memorial. Check in between, the one close to Debonair Pizza at Lekki phase I, adjacent to Lasgidi bukka got burnt around 2017 or so.

Rumors of others as well. I dunno what is wrong or maybe I am just hyperactive! But something is wrong somewhere from both ends.. Don’t just come up with conspiracy theories please! Cheers
Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by AsawanaDgreat: 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
This girl and the person that sent her will never escape Amadioha visit before God Almighty will judge them.
Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by GenerationNext: 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
tesseract:
These guys have been trying really hard to rope in her mother in the crime. The mother is totally oblivious of what her daughter did if not they would have escaped from the scene.
She knows what her daughter did. Even the older daughter is aware of what her sister did and she is happy.
Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by Staphylococcus: 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
CapitalBank:
it does not matter. If she had a raised her child well, it won't lead to this. If u like born and say 9 year old is just a kid... E go shock u wetin even 5 year old fit do.

Your reasoning is pathetic!

So it finally boils down to home training? Kid are known to be very curious and inquisitive, I am sure you might have done worse as a kid but be the first to accuse the girl first.

Everyone did "Extreme" silly things has a kids. The fun of even knowing scissors can cut paper, some people here today almost cut their homes down.

Yes, she could have known it's flammable, and inquisition might have asked her if it could lit up. It's just kids....

2 Likes

Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by Ayemileto(m): 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
EngrXrix:

Well said bro. She's too young to execute such plan by herself. How did she know that item was flammable? Who told her what shelf to go to? Why didn't she try to blow out the fire with her mouth like every child would do? Many questions marks bro. There is a conspiracy behind it.

The answer to this bolded question is in the interrogation video posted yesterday.

She said they use that kind of Gas stove at home. shocked
Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by Hassanmaye(m): 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
EBMedia:
9-Year-Old Girl Who Set Fire In Ebeano Supermarket, Watched With Her Mum As The Fire Went On (Photo, Video)

A CCTV footage that has been released online shows the 9-year old girl who started a fire in Ebeano supermarket Abuja standing outside the building with her mother as the fire ravaged the supermarket, IgbereTV reports.

The fire incident happened on Saturday, July 17, destroying goods worth over N5 billion in the supermarket located at Lokogoma, Abuja.

During interrogation, the girl said she came to the supermarket with her mum.

Watch the footage below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M3ad_sexiw

Below is the video of how the little girl put the fire and her interrogation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lseqERDUZFQ

https://igberetvnews.com/1396524/9-year-old-girl-set-fire-ebeano-supermarket-watched-mum-fire-went-photo-video/
Good evening sir, please help me post my pictures on nairaland, I was just call to the bar.
Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by Staphylococcus: 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
lexy2014:

Yes gas cylinders can be sold in d supermarket. There's nothing wrong selling gas cylinder anywhere

I rest my case.
Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by omolola15(m): 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
Paxxcarl:
mumu the voice over was done after the whole incidence
you go school at all?

Bro you for calm down read the comment na. Maybe read it again. So you’ll understand. Then edit your comment.
Have a nice evening.
Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by CJ310(m): 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
RSVP:

we all at some point in time have done something really nasty as a kid that would have killed us or caused major harm to our family or ourselves but then it's out of innocence or probably ignorance as a kid.

Exactly!!! You’re right. It’s just so unfortunate that this particular case has led to such a huge loss.
Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by Ayemileto(m): 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
GenerationNext:

She knows what her daughter did. Even the older daughter is aware of what her sister did and she is happy.

shocked shocked shocked

Ok, no wonder Buhari is the president of this country.

See mentality. shocked
Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by Charlie2020(f): 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
tesseract:
. What of the giggling older lady that walked away with them but came back to entertain herself with the burning site

1 Like

Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by SlimDaddyPee: 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2021
Na the insurance company wey insure the business I just dey pity cos I'm sure this kind of business will be insured

2 Likes

Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by nuelldido(m): 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2021
The heart of men is desperately wicked... What are parents teaching their children for God's sake.

Looking at that video, it's a deliberate act of destruction.

I believe now every malls, supermarket and big firms will have people to monitor their CCVT cameras

1 Like

Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by lkillbrokehoes: 5:50pm On Jul 27, 2021
very evil girl

1 Like

Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by kingxsamz(m): 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2021
Staphylococcus:

Now go the root cause. Who sells gas cylinders inside a supermarket?

That tells you the management has been insane for a long while and such situation was guaranteed to happen..

Gas cylinders without gas bro.
Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by Depressed101: 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2021
pocohantas:
The time they are using to do voice over, they would have used it to put off the fire before it escalated.

Nigerians would install CCTV, they wouldn’t employ security personnel to watch it 24/7. In fact, they think it is a waste of staff to have one person watching the CCTV. They will be so angry to pay that person at the end of the month, because in their mind, the person no work anything. But once there is a petty robbery or fire outbreak, they would release videos and start making innocent Nigerians fight themselves over who is guilty or innocent.

That said, the NPF mode of interrogation is really shameful.

Of course I know that, but of what use is it to us now? “See her smile”, okay, we have seen it. What should we do? The Nigerian police should add it to their list of inconclusive investigations. That is when they are done with #HinyUmoren and Chidinma the slayer of Ataga.
the voice over was done by bloggers i guess
Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by Vadese1: 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2021
Many questions begging for answer. What of the staff that saw the fire at the elementary stage. I believe fire extinguisher would have gone a long way to minimize the damages at that stage of the fire. This is case of pure conspiracy

EngrXrix:

Well said bro. She's too young to execute such plan by herself. How did she know that item was flammable? Who told her what shelf to go to? Why didn't she try to blow out the fire with her mouth like every child would do? Many questions marks bro. There is a conspiracy behind it.
Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by Vireani79: 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2021
ValCon888:
I want to believe this is a deliberate act of sabotage.
The little girl went in their like she was on a mission.
She knew exactly where to go, what to do, and how to do it.
She was remote controlled. The next step for the police is to find out who was holding the control pad.

Another question to ask is this; Who gains in this situation? The depletion of sales in this supermarket leads to an increase in sales elsewhere.

I won't be surprised if the mastermind is a rival business trying to take out the competition.

It's an insurance scam

Ebano has been having so many fire accident these days
Na so lekki own burn

2 Likes

Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2021
Too many red flags.
1. Bad parenting, unaccompanied minor (mom should be charged for child neglect in a public place)
2. Parents should be charged (Child endangerment and exposure to hazardous material)

3. Business/company should be sued for storing controlled/hazardous materials in a non-secured location hence endangering the public (I mean who stores propane gas inside a super market? )

Like someone stated earlier, you can't have security cameras without AP(Asset protection) personnel monitoring your commodities. Front door security agent can only get Intel of potential theft or damage from AP personnel monitoring store activities.

You can't tell me paying someone 20-30k a month to monitor your investment is too much. But what do I know.

Hopefully the business is insured.

3 Likes

Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2021
CapitalBank:
it does not matter. If she had a raised her child well, it won't lead to this. If u like born and say 9 year old is just a kid... E go shock u wetin even 5 year old fit do.

It doesn't always work like that. Some kids are just bad. You'll be training, it'll seem as if someone else is retraining. I pray you don't get that kinda kid
Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by kingthreat(m): 5:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
oaktown101:
She is just a kid. A 9yr old girl is a baby and i don't understand how the security agents would interview a kid to the point of slapping her in the face without her guardian being present. Showing this kid's face is really really wrong she will be traumatized for a long time.

Please leave the poor kid alone and let her go. Inefficiency on the part of the employees and whoever was monitoring the camera lead to all these burndown. If the guy in charge of the camera was paying attention to the camera he would have responded on time before the fire became worse.

Imagine you woke up in the morning and everything you ever worked for is gone by the stupidity of a child. While you are thinking of survival, someone comes and tells you this bullcrap you just said. Ok lets forget the property loss, do you know the hundreds of people that are officially jobless by this incidence. Na you go employ them? Na you go feed their families? Consider both parties before making a conclusion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by collum(m): 5:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
tesseract:

U spoke my mind, they should exclude her mother from whatsoever the girl did.

1 Like

Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by Vireani79: 5:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
SlimDaddyPee:
Na the insurance company wey insure the business I just dey pity cos I'm sure this kind of business will be insured
How can CCTV be in a building and no one is watching
The insurance company can used this against ebano

2 Likes

Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by GeneralPula: 5:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
A 9 year old..
Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by enambobo(m): 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
Bad parental training. The parents should be prosecuted.

1 Like

Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by AuroraB(f): 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
What if someone was employed to watch and monitor, got distracted or was briefly unavailable for the time this tsunami happened
By now, e for don find rope or otapiapia take manage the situation grin lipsrsealed
Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by victorazy(m): 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
tesseract:

May your business host these type of people.

1 Like

Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by NoToPile: 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
I don't see anything incriminating the mother or sister in the video, they were just like typical Lagos lookers, an average Nigerian will stand and look a bit.

If the mother was involved she would have taken the child and walked away fast even before the fire spread to that level.

Anyway the police will not rest until they rope the mother in, even when she was no where near the girl when she carried out that terrible act.

7 Likes

Re: The 9-Year-Old Girl & Her Mother Watched Ebeano Supermarket Fire (Video) by kingthreat(m): 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
Staphylococcus:

Your reasoning is pathetic!

So it finally boils down to home training? Kids are known to be very curious and inquisitive, I am sure you might have done worse as a kid but be the first to accuse the first girl.

Everyone did "Extreme" silly things has a kids. The fun of even knowing scissors can cut paper, some people here today almost cut their homes down.

Yes, she could have known it's flammable, and inquisition might have asked her if it could lit up. It's just kids....

Why didnt you or your siblings burn the house your family lives in as a curious or inquisitive kid?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Do it urself importation: 1688.com Class / CBN Shuts Down Cryptocurrency Exchange Bank Accounts / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.