Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE (36532 Views)

Reps To Investigate Alleged Illicit Trade In Human Organs Between Nigeria, China / How Bad Roads & Potholes Serve As Gateways To Kidnappers’ Dens / 3 African Mothers Who Had Sexual Relations With Their Biological Sons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by wirinet(m): 9:49am On Aug 01, 2021
Whitecoal711:
Checked to balance,it still boils down to govt,not giving us the opportunity to strive,bad economy policies etc leads to all this
Its bad economic policies that makes young Nigeria's commit crimes like armed robbery, 419, drug crimes and prostitution in Dubai? Please explain.

2 Likes

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Dubaiguy: 9:49am On Aug 01, 2021
TsaTrinity:
I love the country UAE. I imagine staying in such place and it hurts knowing some animalistic Nigerians have spoilt our image. A friend of mine applied for a vacation visa. Guess what! They denied him one on the grounds that they don't trust his intentions to Abu Dhabi. I was like .......wow, Lori vacasan

I doubt that ur friend was denied.

Did ur friend see the document dat stated DENIED?

Did your friend get a refund?

If both answers is NO

Your friend was scammed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Dubaiguy: 9:51am On Aug 01, 2021
gare:
Nigerian Government and the Nigerian Embassy should take this issues very serious, send a delegation the to engage the UAE Government on how best this issues can be resolves, sending letter at this point is very is not the best way forward on this issues.

We have a lots of Nigerians out here doing meaningful and legit jobs taking care of families and contributing to the economy back home from money repatriation, if they are unable to gets this issues resolved it means lots of person will return back to Nigeria and add to the growing numbers of unemployed, the UAE has taken a great burden from the Nigerian Government by ensuring employments of thousands of Nigerians.

This is not the time for APC/PDP politics this issued should be resolved as soon as possible, Madam Abike Dabiri Please step up, Foreign Affairs Minister step, Vice President Step up come down here to the UAE to get this issues resolved

100% Support

1 Like

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by samonak(m): 9:57am On Aug 01, 2021
ottohan:

Why has Abba kyari the fulanli thief not gone to the US
Abba Kyari is Kanuri from Borno, not Fulani

1 Like

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Dubaiguy: 9:57am On Aug 01, 2021
ProphetofOdin:
God knows; if I were not a Nigerian I won't want to have anything to do with them. The first thought that comes to the mind of an average Nigerian when he first meet you is how to cheat or maim you for money. Imagine someone wud travel abroad and continue with cultism. I Don tire for una.

I am a Nigerian and I stay away from blacks generally in Dubai, cos they tag every blacks as Nigerian.

I told my landlord, if you if you admit Black Africans in this flat, I'll leave and I promise, you will regret renting house to them.

1 Like

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by IMAliyu(m): 9:59am On Aug 01, 2021
Romanus123:
Good morning to you all. The problem of we Nigerians is the we criticize ourselves too much. Pakistani people commit more crime than Nigeria in UAE but you hardly see them writing or talking about it.
Come to the issue of prostitution, yes, Nigeria ladies are Into prostitution but Philippines, russian, pakistan and Thailand ladies are also into prostitution and how come no one talks about it?
Issue of crime, UAE government has all the Technologies to track down those criminal in a second, why can't they go after them and leave the innocent one alone. All countries has bad and good people.
I have been in this UAE for long time and I know exactly what is going on. In 2017, a pakistani man has defrauded me of 800k and we were 81 candidate that was defrauded such amount, he exit out of UAE after collecting all those money, just because I wanted to travel to Canada from UAE.
We have thousands of fake work agent offices owned by pakistan and Indian, defrauding people, no one is talking about it. You hardly see pakistan and bangladesh speaking against its citizen, but the case is different from Nigerians.
It's high time we starting speaking positive to our Nigerian irrespective of the situation. That's the only way we could be safe in this country.
My name is Romeo
Living in Sharjah.
Call/WhatsApp +2348036597442 or +971557107547
Just because others are committing crimes aswell, doesn't make it any less bad.
We should never justify criminal behavior, just because others are doing it aswell.

And there is nothing wrong with being self critical, the problem Nigerians have is self hate caused by bad politics and tribalism.
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by kramer: 10:00am On Aug 01, 2021
porthouse7:
so abu mutalab d pant bomber is not a northerner

Oh was he into prostitution as we well? Or smuggling drugs? undecided

In case you don't know, the guy was mentally ill and was even reported by his father beforehand. If they had listened to him he wouldn't have gotten so far, so I'm cancelling your point. Please name another northener. I'll wait.
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Dubaiguy: 10:05am On Aug 01, 2021
kayjay69:
2014 Armed Robbery
if the robbers were caught and prosecuted and it is common knowledge that Nigerians in general did not encourage this heinous act, i see no reason why Nigerians in general should suffer for the acts of a foolish few

There have been more and more cases of Armed robbery since then and Nigerian have like 70%-80% cases of involvement compared to other nations. UAE(Abu Dhabi) used to rank the most safest state in the world and they took pride in that. They are no more

Prostitution
in my view this is a non-issue, i observed first hand myself whilst visiting the red light district in dubai that there are prostitutes of other nationalities in dubai, even in higher numbers. i do not encourage prostitution but if their law says it is legal then i do not think that is something that should affect us all as Nigerians

All raids to buildings dat have prostitute have higher % of Nigerians

Bad work ethics
this is probably the only point you raised that i agree with, a large percentage of Nigerians both home and abroad have a very piss poor work ethic. if we are targetted on the basis of this, then i have nothing to add.

Hushpuppi
to the best of my knowledge, dubai is a place where a lot of stolen money goes to disappear, both stolen money from the coffers of politicians and otherwise. According to reports, Mr Hushpuppi enjoyed the protection of the local police force in dubai until it no longer was pragmatic for them to do so. and he has since been apprehended by the relevant authorities.

this is a non issue and should not affect us Nigerians in general.

NIGERIA name seems synonymous to crime and it is well publicized. They are trying to guard their pride

in summary, this is just a case of stigmatizing and stereotyping and for me it just brings home why we must develop our own country and continent and be proud of our own selves. i do not condone acts that put us as Nigerians in bad light, however if these same acts were perpetrated by other nationalities of certain prosperous countries, the reaction would never be the same. double standards at best.

Summary, double standard, YES! But we really need to do better

1 Like

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:05am On Aug 01, 2021
wirinet:

I no understand o. Na poverty of bad governance de make Nigerians misbehave for abroad? I really don't understand.
Don't mind them
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Dubaiguy: 10:08am On Aug 01, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:

Imagine a Nairalander advising you to become a love-vendor. Disgusting set of people full here

Na so I see am
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by kramer: 10:08am On Aug 01, 2021
Verysmart101:

So all the northern drug traffickers being killed in Saudi Arabia nko? Are they not northerners? Fool

Oh my bad! I've heard no such news, would you mind posting the links so we can see? I think that would make your point more valid than calling me a fool.

Even if you were telling the truth, it's very clear that northerners rarely go into crime abroad as compared with their southern compatriots. Fact!

cescky:

Shut up of you have no reasonable points.. Terrorists and descendants of camel fcking terrorists. Abdulmutalleb and co in a hurry to go fcck virgins... Hopefully men virgins await your sisters too

Wow! Your first daughter will be their sex slave in life and the great beyond. And your first son will be a terrorist like Abdulmutalleb.

It's best you castrate yourself now because we don't want more illiterate cretins in this country! I clearly said prostitution, drugs and fraud.
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by ProphetofOdin: 10:10am On Aug 01, 2021
Dubaiguy:

I am a Nigerian and I stay away from blacks generally in Dubai, cos they tag every blacks as Nigerian.

I told my landlord, if you if you admit Black Africans in this flat, I'll leave and I promise, you will regret renting house to them.

It is quite unfortunate, I have lost a good deal from a German, just because I was Nigerian the wife of my angel investor encouraged her husband to call off the deal, because in her word 'Nigerians can not be trusted' you could not blame her.

In Nigeria here you would give carpenter or masons money to do a job(after inflating all the prices of the materials times 4). They would still disappear with the money, you won't see the materials and they wud not do the job. I have resolved to giving only beninoise and togolese my job here in Nigeria. Nigerians ;we are terrible people.

1 Like

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Dannybammz: 10:10am On Aug 01, 2021
Romanus123:
Good morning to you all. The problem of we Nigerians is the we criticize ourselves too much. Pakistani people commit more crime than Nigeria in UAE but you hardly see them writing or talking about it.
Come to the issue of prostitution, yes, Nigeria ladies are Into prostitution but Philippines, russian, pakistan and Thailand ladies are also into prostitution and how come no one talks about it?
Issue of crime, UAE government has all the Technologies to track down those criminal in a second, why can't they go after them and leave the innocent one alone. All countries has bad and good people.
I have been in this UAE for long time and I know exactly what is going on. In 2017, a pakistani man has defrauded me of 800k and we were 81 candidate that was defrauded such amount, he exit out of UAE after collecting all those money, just because I wanted to travel to Canada from UAE.
We have thousands of fake work agent offices owned by pakistan and Indian, defrauding people, no one is talking about it. You hardly see pakistan and bangladesh speaking against its citizen, but the case is different from Nigerians.
It's high time we starting speaking positive to our Nigerian irrespective of the situation. That's the only way we could be safe in this country.
My name is Romeo
Living in Sharjah.

Call/WhatsApp +2348036597442 or +971557107547

Hello Mr. Romeo
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by seyz91(m): 10:24am On Aug 01, 2021
Confirm!
sketcherJ:
Bad Nigerian leaders are destroying our country domestically while bad Nigerians are battering our image on an international and global scale.

We all hope to leave Nigeria before it capsizes but which country will accommodate us if we keep spoiling our reputation over there? For the sake of your Nigerian brother or sister, Be a good ambassador of the country wherever you find yourself.

One bad act from you can put a lot of Nigerians in diaspora in pain. Foreigners don’t care whether its an Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa guy that perpetuates a crime. WE all go in for it. Know this and Know Peace.
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by tenpipsperday: 10:25am On Aug 01, 2021
Timi45:
What Nigerians are doing to their image outside the country is worse that what bad leaders have done. You have an opportunity to leave this country, why not relax and go about your normal business

The nonsense that happened at Oba is one of the things that push people to go to extreme to make money. If that shit happens in a saner clime people will be in for it.

The rot is too much

1 Like

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by plenitude(m): 10:37am On Aug 01, 2021
kramer:
The funny thing is that it's mostly Yoruba or Igbo ppl soiling Nigeria's name abroad, you'll hardly see any news where a northerner was arrested for smuggling drugs, prostitution or fraud. Abi I lie?

That’s true, but they have turned Nigeria into a terrorist country...Banditry in the north is one of the most lucrative business right now

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by loswhite(m): 10:42am On Aug 01, 2021
visit0r:
I think the UAE visa is too easy to get. You see some guys on the road and ask yourself how did this fellow get a visa?

Anyone with a kobo gets a visa. While some are there to hustle, some do not even know while they are there. I follow a group
of girls on snapchat and omg, If you see the kind of money these girls display on daily basis, glorifying their hookup business.
It is highly lugubrious that every Nigerian is now a criminal. I wish people had to be interviewed to get a UAE visa.
do you think criminals cannot pass an interview?
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by ChangedMan1999(m): 10:57am On Aug 01, 2021
Kayclite:
I think We Igbos should come together and create Groups and discuss Our issues.
We should have discussions on tradition and how to connect it with this modern living. A lot of narratives has been changed and We view Our culture as materialistic. Which is far from the truth.
We have to do for Ourselves, no one will do for Us. But We need to do it together.

You are right

1 Like

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Emekus999(m): 11:17am On Aug 01, 2021
Bar1941:
Sincerely their is something devilish and diabolical about the name Nigeria, Lord Frederick Lugard should tell us where he and his olosho madam got the name from and safe us the craps River Naija Area bla bla bla...

Most of the problems still center around the kind of government we have and our over worship of money and material things syndromes. If the government provides an enabling environment in every capacity, three-quarter of people that are desperate to leave the jungle called Nigeria will stay back. Current happenings in Tokyo Olympics where over half of our athletes were banned due to government incompetence is a true reflection of how bad we are as a country.
is our leaders bro, I disagree with u.. U caught a politician who stole like 1billion since 5years ago, u ask him to bail himself with 200,000...why wouldn't they continue the stealing?
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by neyoohhh: 11:20am On Aug 01, 2021
The issue

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Yacubes(m): 11:22am On Aug 01, 2021
Orientiation has low possibility of having positive effect on the conduct of our countrymen in diaspora when charity is missing at home.

Dubaiguy:

Nigerians need orientation before traveling out. It's getting out of hand
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by porthouse7(f): 11:37am On Aug 01, 2021
kramer:

Oh was he into prostitution as we well? Or smuggling drugs? undecided

In case you don't know, the guy was mentally ill and was even reported by his father beforehand. If they had listened to him he wouldn't have gotten so far, so I'm cancelling your point. Please name another northener. I'll wait.
so he wud have killed everyone on board, a well known terrorist chilling in Guantanamo... And u are defending him
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by kayjay69(m): 11:41am On Aug 01, 2021
spot on bro, very true.

we can and must do better for ourselves.
Dubaiguy:

Summary, double standard, YES! But we really need to do better
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by kramer: 11:46am On Aug 01, 2021
plenitude:

That’s true, but they have turned Nigeria into a terrorist country...Banditry in the north is one of the most lucrative business right now

No doubt that they are a nuisance in the country. In fact I'm sure they are also a problem to neighboring countries like Chad, Niger and Cameroun but we just don't hear it on the news.
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by poweredcom(m): 11:49am On Aug 01, 2021
Nigeria is already cursed ....I wonder how will people look at me when I happen to visit abroad with all these stains
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by kramer: 11:51am On Aug 01, 2021
porthouse7:
so he wud have killed everyone on board, a well known terrorist chilling in Guantanamo... And u are defending him

Defending who?

My dear please read what I wrote before commenting. In my original statement I said Yorubas and Igbos are known for commiting crimes like prostitution, drug smuggling and fraud overseas compared to northerners. I'm not talking about terrorism here. Do you understand?
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by ojaysam25(m): 11:53am On Aug 01, 2021
Are there no legitimate businesses one can venture into oversea. 99% percent of nigerians in diaspora seems to only concern themselves with shady business.

1 Like

Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by frog12: 11:53am On Aug 01, 2021
this prophet. na true. all these carpenters like to run away with the money, and they give all sorts of excuses later !

ProphetofOdin:

It is quite unfortunate, I have lost a good deal from a German, just because I was Nigerian the wife of my angel investor encouraged her husband to call off the deal, because in her word 'Nigerians can not be trusted' you could not blame her.

In Nigeria here you would give carpenter or masons money to do a job(after inflating all the prices of the materials times 4). They would still disappear with the money, you won't see the materials and they wud not do the job. I have resolved to giving only beninoise and togolese my job here in Nigeria. Nigerians ;we are terrible people.
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by goodheart02(m): 11:54am On Aug 01, 2021
kramer:
The funny thing is that it's mostly Yoruba or Igbo ppl soiling Nigeria's name abroad, you'll hardly see any news where a northerner was arrested for smuggling drugs, prostitution or fraud. Abi I lie?

Abokee dey travel? ... Lol
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Lukaku95: 11:54am On Aug 01, 2021
Saifullah01:
I am not trying to sound tribal. But the igbos need to change their "get rich quick at all cost mentality" This is what is wrecking our image.

We have to tell ourselves the truth. The igbo elders and parents need to look at what has caused their moral compas to malfunction that their young ones go into drug trafficking, prostitution, cultism etc. without a blink of an eye, and even form cartels promoting these vices in foreign land.

Yet after wrecking their image abroad, they still go online to bad mouth their country. No be juju be that? destroying your own house, and also destroying the place that offered you safe harbour afterwards
you guys from the waste side are always obsessed with Igbos.. what about the Hush puppies and his brothers in all over UK and America. 90% of scammers arrested or named in America and UK are Yorubas. You didn't see that one ABI. ?
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Lukaku95: 12:08pm On Aug 01, 2021
okoroemeka:
you no lie,I am Igbo but the relentless quest of wealth by our people has created a huge problem,the older generation did that by business skill, entrepreneurship and hardwork but this generation is using macavellian principles of the end justifies the means,80-90% of Nigerians caught for drugs in Asia and in prison are igbos, despite the death sentence,they are willing to stake their life in this illegal, dangerous and image shattering ventures,I know money is the essence of life but lets ask ourselves this questions,is money worth dying for?do we have to put our loved ones in endless anguish and trauma for a few dollars more?is it proper to paint a whole region of hardworkers black because of the actions of 0.1% of the population?these and many more are questions we have to ask ourselves and only we has the answers to those questions.
shut up.. you are not an Igbo.. uncircumcised mallam
Re: How Bad Nigerians Are Worsening Relations Between Nigeria And UAE by Lumig: 12:16pm On Aug 01, 2021
Nonybb:
[b]Nigerian commit crimes in UAE no doubt and those crimes are grievous. But can we pause momentarily and talk about the racism and crimes of the Indians that are never published at all in the same UAE. One thing I discovered in UAE is that an Arab man worships the Europeans and greatly doesn't want to provoke the Indians. So blacks are used as a race of transfered aggression.
The worse is that, crimes that Indians commit are directly to the emirati families. Just last month in Abu Dhabi, a Chinese kill a emirati. Case what happened? They bursted an African building and deported everybody in that tower, mostly Nigerian and Cameroonian doing legitimate professional careers like teaching and some other duties. Did it damaged the relationship of both countries? No.
So UAE is a country with no soul or spirit but only with structural bodies, and their conquering mentality comes from their mental Islamism that view black as a useful slaves of the Arab in the medieval times. Even till today, modernize Slave trade still exist in Libya. It is an Arab Islamic mentalism and so every crime of African isn't just objectively viewed but with a skewed mindset of a superior over his conqueror in a Islamic elitism style[/b]
My man, I don't give a damn about the Indians, or Chinese in Dubai but I am very concerned about the misbehaviours of my brothers and sisters over there. Let's put our mouths together and condemn their atrocities over there. Let's be a good example for the world to see. Enough of Nigeria dis, and Nigeria that all over the world. Dem swear for us ni

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian To Be Executed In Singapore For Drug Trafficking / Michael Kayode Bamisaye Commits Suicide In Ekiti / Kwara University Student Muyideen Usman Hires Herdsman To Kidnap His Nephews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.