Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

She Always Complains About My Attire - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Always Complains About My Attire (7592 Views)

My Fiance Complains That I'm Too Fat / She Complains I Last Longer Than Necessary During Love Making / If She Complains About This Few Things, Make Changes Asap... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Always Complains About My Attire by kunleajaye: 11:21pm On May 15, 2011
[b]I don’t seem to know why, but this girl I’m going out with now seems to always complain about anything I buy in terms of attire or anything I wear. If it is not my shirt today, it is my jeans that are not baggy tomorrow. If it is not that, it is my boxers and singlet that are not white. I k now a guy has to dress right to impress anyone and everyone has his/her own style of dressing, but I see nothing wrong in what I wear. Everyone compliments me on what I wear every now and then, and i always try to look good and buy myself things every now and then that i get some change, but she’s always saying that I do not dress well, and that I dress like an old man. This always pisses me off. There was a day I wore my normal pair of jeans which, according to her were not baggy and in the current style, and she went ahead to ask me whether it was my mother that usually picks my clothes for me. That statement really annoyed me that day and I made sure I told her my mind.

Another day she complained that I didn’t wear white underwear. I know myself very well and I never like to wear anything white. I’ve told her several times and tried to tell her that not everything she likes might be to my own taste, but she never seems to agree to my own opinions. I even think she’s trying to control my style to her own taste, some of which I do not like. She seems to like these flashy kind of attire, but I don’t.

The one that really pissed me off the most was yesterday. I went to pick up a pair of suits I bought last week for my graduation next week and took her along. We had just come off an argument we had in which neither of us spoke to each other for almost two weeks. I wanted to make it up to her and patch things up, so I decided to take her out for lunch. I got to where I was to pick up the suits and she flared up, saying the suits did not have slits on the sides of the jacket. We got back to the car, and she went on ranting, saying that I do not have a personality and that the suits I bought were rubbish. I really got pissed and I just drove her back to her apartment without having the lunch I planned.

I’m really fed up with her and her attitude towards my clothes. Everyone has their own tastes, and I hate to be controlled on what I wear, especially if everyone around compliments me, but not her.[/b]
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by 190: 11:27pm On May 15, 2011
wheres my AK-47 undecided
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by kunleajaye: 11:32pm On May 15, 2011
what do u need AK47 for?
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by toyemz(f): 11:39pm On May 15, 2011
^^^^^

Another day she complained that I didn’t wear white underwear

she has a point there though
men should wear white underwears
lol
what colour underwears do you wear then?

on the other hand,she seems to be taking this thing too far, up to the point of disrespect.if she feels that badly about your mode of dressing
she should be able to buy you what she thinks would look good on you
you are not her doll for her to dress up
and yes while some men have no sense of dress code, she shouldn't put you down over this
she needs to be more diplomatic and discreet that's all
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by kunleajaye: 11:47pm On May 15, 2011
^^^like i mentioned in my original post, i do not like white. i do wear white singlets and white tshirts, but when it comes to boxers, i hate white as i can't stand the sight of my "skid marks", if you know what i mean grin.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by Pweety4me(f): 11:49pm On May 15, 2011
Storiiii. . .just 4 attire. . .anywayz i dey come tongue
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by toyemz(f): 11:50pm On May 15, 2011
^^^^
not really
but does come across as something disgusting
so yucks!!!
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by kunleajaye: 11:55pm On May 15, 2011
^^^skid marks are . . . . .better not explain this but i guess u might know what i mean.

I know i may not be the best dresser out there, but i really just hate it when she insults me when it comes to my dressing. i don't seem to like the clothes she wants me to wear as i see them as being too loud. i even bought a SEIKO wristwatch from macy's the other day and she said i should return it and get another model she likes. imagine the nerve.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by horny4u(f): 11:59pm On May 15, 2011
She needs to systematically with wisdom upgrade you. Love me for myself needs physical tuning too. U either ff her standards or jump off and she needs to learn to correct without causing inadequency.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by MeGaStReEt: 12:07am On May 16, 2011
were did I keep that acid?
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by iice(f): 6:00am On May 16, 2011
kunleajaye:

^^^like i mentioned in my original post, i do not like white. i do wear white singlets and white tshirts, but when it comes to boxers, i hate white as i can't stand the sight of my "skid marks", if you know what i mean grin.

Lmao. I don't see why you should wear white. So long as the cloth clean. Not as if you're gonna wear the boxers twice in a row. . .please dont tongue
Na true, everyone get hin style and sometimes you upgrade as your taste changes. Whats the point in changing yourself to be not yourself which is different from growing into yourself. Me i like understated dressing. . .maybe because i'm laid back with how i dress. Seems she doesn't want to hear your side of things. Not really an impasse but you guys have to come to an understanding.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by Nekai(f): 6:45am On May 16, 2011
lipsrsealed

Besides the underwear issue, I think the girl is not right in the head. People who complain this much are never happy in spite of their surroundings or situation. She throws around serious insults like water, all over some clothes? Move on.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by Nobody: 7:12am On May 16, 2011
toyemz:

^^^^^
lol

And women must wear pink dresses. What the heck is this?  undecided
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by MMM2(m): 10:00am On May 16, 2011
give her money, so she would buy clothes 4 u.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by kunleajaye: 12:13pm On May 16, 2011
M M M:

give her money, so she would buy clothes 4 u.

Give her money to buy me clothes? what do i look like, a 2 year old? that is the last thing any guy should do, except on his funeral.

2 Likes

Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by madoba: 1:21pm On May 16, 2011
Dear Poster,

Don't be too quick to throw away every thing she says, in all her ranting there might just be a bit of something good you can pick up and use to your advantage.

Am not saying you have to go along with what she desires, but weigh her words and try out a few things it might just complete your whole look and cause you to look even better.

I speak from personal experience; like you I strive to dress well and I love to look neat and very presentable however I have this friend who is often critical of my dressing and constantly tells me how to mix & match my outfits, what kind of shoes to put on etc etc, etc. Of course I tend to get upset with her "Know It All Attitude".

But guess what, I have tried out a few of her suggestions and in recent times I have allowed another friend to dress me up. The outcome was WOW, HOT and SWAGGERLICIOUS.

I hope you get my drift, other people can sometimes see the things we don't, so listen pick up the good stuff and discard the rest.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by tayoast(m): 1:38pm On May 16, 2011
kunleajaye:

Everyone compliments me on what I wear every now and then, and i always try to look good and buy myself things every now and then that i get some change, but she’s always saying that I do not dress well, and that I dress like an old man. This always pisses me off. There was a day I wore my normal pair of jeans which, according to her were not baggy and in the current style, and she went ahead to ask me whether it was my mother that usually picks my clothes for me. That statement really annoyed me that day and I made sure I told her my mind.

Another day she complained that I didn’t wear white underwear. I know myself very well and I never like to wear anything white. I’ve told her several times and tried to tell her that not everything she likes might be to my own taste, but she never seems to agree to my own opinions. I even think she’s trying to control my style to her own taste, some of which I do not like. She seems to like these flashy kind of attire, but I don’t.

Oluwa O!

Talk some sense into her head pls
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by caringchi(f): 1:41pm On May 16, 2011
i think she is not proud of you,
or she just want to turn you into something you are not (better still, her doll) cool
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by samtoye(m): 1:42pm On May 16, 2011
Na wa o! different strokes for different folks, so clothes are the issues? una don marry?
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by TeeJay6(m): 1:44pm On May 16, 2011
women whinge and bleat alot about anything and everything, sometimes you wonder if their desire to always be heard gets the better of them.

1 Like

Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by akpanbaba: 1:52pm On May 16, 2011
If she coplains about your dressing endure it but if she complains of your Rod send her away
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by agabaI23(m): 1:53pm On May 16, 2011
toyemz:

^^^^^
lol

on the  other hand,she seems to be taking this thing too far, up to the point of disrespect.if she feels that badly about your mode of dressing
she should be able to buy you what she thinks would look good on you
you are not her doll for her to dress up
and yes while some men have no sense of dress code, she shouldn't put you down over this
she needs to be more diplomatic and discreet that's all
Says who? Even though it benefits the scrotum if you wear white underwear because it does not absorb and retain much heat, there is no reason why a man or woman should be stuck with white under wears. What I may discourage with a man is frequent black underwear if he is interested in procreation anyway.

It is only in Nigeria that girls think that wearing white panties means you are clean and trendy. get a Nigerian babe a sexy coloured lingerie and she will just manage to say thank you and may never wear it. I do not know where that
idea originated from.

Now this girl wants to impose her 'feminine  ideology' on her man. They even extend the 'wear white stuff thing' to sucks. You see a man being influenced to wear white gym sucks as a dressing sucks. It sucks. I have seen two guys who brought girls from Nigeria suddenly fancying white sucks which they were not using before.

One was wearing two different sucks (puma and Nike) on different legs marching majestically (looking ridiculous) along with her proud wife.

No reason for a white under wear.

@poster,

You have no reason to have skid marks. If your reason for hating white boxers is because of skid mark then the girl could as well roast you.
Why should you have skid marks? Clean your behind well after defecation and do not use any boxers more than once especially if you fart aloud grin

I mean just  about 8 pieces of boxer shorts would do that for you and it won't cost you an arm and a leg.
I use coloured boxers but you will never get a skid mark on any.

No excuse on skid mark mate. Don't be lazy wink

I cannot comment on your other dressing modes since I have not seen how you dress but going by this white underwear rubbish, I think your girl may be one of those masquerade like dressers.

BTW does she ask you to wear white sucks also with your blazers? grin grin
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by ypad: 1:55pm On May 16, 2011
Most times when we dress we do not know how we look except the front view we do see looking at mirror, you need someone close to you to complement sincerely. Some people are not sincere in complementing.

When you want to buy new wears for yourself ask her to follow you. Most women goes for men that dresses very cute. There is nothing wrong if your inner wears are white, it shows how clean you are. Ask her to match up shirt and trouser for you.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by agabaI23(m): 1:58pm On May 16, 2011
ypad:

Most times when we dress we do not know how we look except the front view we do see looking at mirror, you need someone close to you to give a sincere complement. At times people are not sincere in complementing.

When you want to buy new wears for yourself ask her to follow you. Most women goes for men that dress very cute. There is nothing wrong if your inner wears are white, it shows how clean you are. Ask her to match up shirt and trouser for you.
The girls have converted you if you are a man. Rubbish!
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by ypad: 2:15pm On May 16, 2011

I never force you to buy my opinion. This is a forum where people say their views, not a place for insult. Please, keep your Ill manner behavior with you.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by hbabe(f): 2:26pm On May 16, 2011
agabaI23:

Come into my inner chambers let me start your conversion classes. tongue

@OP
It is obvious you and your girl have different taste in clothes/style but her constant complain/nagging about your choice must be very annoying. Love is supposed to make us accept our partners as they are and not try to change them into what we think is ideal.
I suggest you talk to her and let her know how he attitude makes you feel; and if the doesnt change her behaviour I think it will be time for you to change your girlfriend.
Goodluck, bro.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by drgica74: 2:47pm On May 16, 2011
My brother, you have not understood your problems.

You problem is that you do not satisfy her well enough. I bet you if you give that girl Option A 4 in Omega position, even if you wear red shirt upon yellow trouser, she won't notice it. You will be called darling every time even when she is angry.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by babyme1(f): 2:50pm On May 16, 2011
She is a nag, and from your post i can also derive that she sees you as an embarrassment. Nobody should try to totally change another human being.

My advice: live with a nag or take a walk.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by Princek12(m): 3:03pm On May 16, 2011
@poster:

were the jeans tontirin jeans, as in were they skin tight like those English boys like to wear it? You know what I am saying: jeans that gives you that gayish look?

If so, then I commend her for criticizing your choice of jeans. But take note, I am not saying you should buy baggy jeans like dem nigggaz, but that you should buy something in between. Be normal.

But overall, it sounds like she is trying to change not only your dressing style but also your personality. There is nothing wrong in receiving suggestions as to the kind of clothing you should wear, but I think she has taking it too far when, for instance, she asked you to buy a suit that has a slit on the side. She may have a flamboyant, gaudy taste of fashion, which she is trying to impose on you.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by kabukabu50(m): 3:11pm On May 16, 2011
drgica74:

My brother, you have not understood your problems.

You problem is that you do not satisfy her well enough. I bet you if you give that girl Option A 4 in Omega position, even if you wear red shirt upon yellow trouser, she won't notice it. You will be called darling every time even when she is angry.

I agree, he needs to improve his finishing moves in the bedroom of mortal kombat,looks like he is passive in that aspect grin grin grin grin grin
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by vislabraye(m): 3:19pm On May 16, 2011
@  poster, Show us a picture of your dress let us judge  grin grin
And u canalso show us the picture of ur gf let's see whether she's such a fancy dresser.

Men's dressing is not difficult except the man is an illiterate. Most educated men know that shoes should match belt; T shirt should be worn on jeans etc. . . As 4 ur gf I wonder if she's such a great dresser. She might even be an average person. If it becomes too much, call it quits. Its better to cut off some one who doesnt respect you than to leave with such person and develop high bp.

As for wearing white under wears; I usually prefer multi coloured boxers. My singlets and T shirts are white. I hardly wear briefs because they are sort of tight. Leave that girl alone. Period.
Re: She Always Complains About My Attire by agabaI23(m): 3:23pm On May 16, 2011
hbabe:

Come into my inner chambers let me start your conversion classes. tongue

@OP
It is obvious you and your girl have different taste in clothes/style but her constant complain/nagging about your choice must be very annoying. Love is supposed to make us accept our partners as they are and not try to change them into what we think is ideal.
I suggest you talk to her and let her know how he attitude makes you feel; and if the doesnt change her behaviour I think it will be time for you to change your girlfriend.
Goodluck, bro.

Youself. Where is your inner chambers. I will quickly run in wink kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Don't Respond To Touches / In Which European Country Are White Girls Easier To Black Men? / Ladies: The Guy That Loves You Or The Guy You Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.