Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,788 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? (22708 Views)

What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? / I Am In Desperate Need Of Job As I Have Been Jobless For The Past 6yrs / Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by vickydevoka(m): 6:53am On Aug 04, 2021
Blastedholligan:
Well, I resigned from a banking job around March cos I was tired of the kind of job I was doing, no joy not happiness whatsoever. This is my 4month of not having a full time job. Funny thing is, I work remotely for two brands, one in Nigeria and one abroad but the pay is just there to keep me going to find something better. So yeah, I thank God for what I have and at least can still seed something to my younger sibling in school.

Truth is I'm currently in my lowest right now, just striving to stay happy and not feel sad. Don't know why though sad
Sir, i will like to join you remotely
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Skyfornia(m): 6:56am On Aug 04, 2021
grossintel:
People earning 50k in there previous job should not comment here, because 50k salary is almost like you're jobless.

Don't say that...it is the country we've found ourselves. Minimum wage is still below 50k.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Theresamay: 6:59am On Aug 04, 2021
Stop waiting for jobs that u won't even leave inheritance for your children in future. Join a good network marketing with a good marketing & compensation plan. People are making millions daily
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by usman3688(m): 7:00am On Aug 04, 2021
For me i don't want to say I'm job less cos I currently have two appointment letters, I got one in November last year a month and half after I got terminated on my last job while I got a second appointment letter in Feb this year but I ve not resume any of the job because 9f one reason or the other. It's really frustrating cos I'm so broke now I am struggling to live everyday. I hope I get to resume one of the jobs before the year runs out Sha cos both offer are good.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Opexzy: 7:03am On Aug 04, 2021
Excel70:

A programmer
Yes
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Opexzy: 7:04am On Aug 04, 2021
lordchiz:

Brother help a soul....I can't even feed!
No be joke!
Pls help out

I have a junior developer job for you... If you have the required skill set... You can also work remotely too.

1 Like

Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Excel70: 7:25am On Aug 04, 2021
Opexzy:

Yes
I am a newbie in that field. Are you self taught or studied a tech related course?
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Probabl3: 7:30am On Aug 04, 2021
I am at Eko supreme Agbara out there looking for Job though.
The funny thing be say people tell me say without connections no help and yesterday Dem carry 6 people enter gringrin. I wait an average of 6 hours but no luck
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by OgwuEgo: 7:32am On Aug 04, 2021
1 year 3 months in 2012
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by luizpippo(m): 7:48am On Aug 04, 2021
Lewisalexander:

Pls forget catfish biz. That shit will mess you up. I'm talking from experience. The cost of feeding has tripled in this buhari regim. U will not see half of ur capital

One rtd commodore started one, even his cook was scandalous him with the cost of feeds, then the guy brought a crook to buy them at a ridiculous rate, oga pratically wasted his money.

1 Like

Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by spydken(m): 7:53am On Aug 04, 2021
1month
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by donMIG(m): 7:59am On Aug 04, 2021
Since buhari came till date
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by SirWhiteFish: 8:02am On Aug 04, 2021
grossintel:
People earning 50k in there previous job should not comment here, because 50k salary is almost like you're jobless.
Technically, when you compare the labour market and the economy, you'll understand getting a 50k job is like picking a Golden egg in the middle of a market.

Being self employed is better if the business has the capability to grow and expand.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by SirWhiteFish: 8:04am On Aug 04, 2021
donMIG:
Since buhari came till date
2015 that's 7 years

1 Like

Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by SirWhiteFish: 8:05am On Aug 04, 2021
Probabl3:
I am at Eko supreme Agbara out there looking for Job though.
The funny thing be say people tell me say without connections no help and yesterday Dem carry 6 people enter gringrin. I wait an average of 6 hours but no luck
grin try know person o
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Probabl3: 8:09am On Aug 04, 2021
SirWhiteFish:
grin try know person o
Na Baba God I know ooo. The people wey I know don fail me grin
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by tunnex190: 8:09am On Aug 04, 2021
Since 2019 and life isn't easy especially when you are married with kids
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by PMBfirstson(m): 8:09am On Aug 04, 2021
1 year...I decided to rest a while
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 04, 2021
SirWhiteFish:

Technically, when you compare the labour market and the economy, you'll understand getting a 50k job is like picking a Golden egg in the middle of a market.

Being self employed is better if the business has the capability to grow and expand.
What can 50k get you these days? Transportation alone will easily take 50% of that money away. Not to mention cost of food items, basic needs, Miscellaneous expenses.
A good t-shirt these days cost 6k! Infact let's not go their.
The point I'm trying to make is no one should be comfortable with 50k salary thinking they are employed, 50k is not even enough for monthly expenses no matter how you try to manage it as a single guy. Not with family or girlfriend! Make we hustle oh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Lewisdinho(m): 8:16am On Aug 04, 2021
All the best
BritishAirways:
Since 2019

I am hoping it changes for the better 2021. Already strategizing how to raise funds and start a better profitable business. Catfish business and phone accessories sale
But omo it's damn hard to raise funds cry

1 Like

Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Heineken(m): 8:19am On Aug 04, 2021
usman3688:
For me i don't want to say I'm job less cos I currently have two appointment letters, I got one in November last year a month and half after I got terminated on my last job while I got a second appointment letter in Feb this year but I ve not resume any of the job because 9f one reason or the other. It's really frustrating cos I'm so broke now I am struggling to live everyday. I hope I get to resume one of the jobs before the year runs out Sha cos both offer are good.
bro morning. Please help me with one of the job sir..I am broke too and struggling to live everyday as well.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by michresa(m): 8:23am On Aug 04, 2021
3months and still counting, abeg nairalanders, if u get job for me Biko.
Location, Abuja.
michresa@gmail.com.
Thanks, Jah bless.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Blastedholligan: 8:27am On Aug 04, 2021
Skyfornia:

What type job are you looking for..and your location?
im a Digital marketer. I'm currently based in Lagos. I have certifications from Google, Hubspot, University of Virginia, Orange Academy, all in digital marketing.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Blastedholligan: 8:27am On Aug 04, 2021
SecretReporter:
what type of remote job ?
Digital Marketing
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Elrafiki2(m): 8:28am On Aug 04, 2021
Hmm, I graduated from university in 2010 and since then I've only been employed for a grand total of about 6 months as a teacher then I quit cos I wasn't paid. Since then no job just hustling
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Blastedholligan: 8:29am On Aug 04, 2021
vickydevoka:

Sir, i will like to join you remotely
How? Ill advice you to pick up a skill that can require you to work remotely. Apply for Data analytics on coursera. Apply for their financial aid so you can take it for free. That course is gold now and you might get employed just with that course with FAANG(google what this means)

3 Likes

Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Opexzy: 8:43am On Aug 04, 2021
Excel70:

I am a newbie in that field. Are you self taught or studied a tech related course?

Studied computer science, but it would be nothing, if I didn't learn on my own as far as Nigeria education is concerned?
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by kvngmaxy(m): 8:51am On Aug 04, 2021
Since corona start

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Abdul240(m): 9:00am On Aug 04, 2021
uthlaw:
u no get job 4 kano.....omo naija get as e be!
Guy na who u knw dey get job dis days for kano nw ur connections matter ooooo
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by EASY32: 9:07am On Aug 04, 2021
10 years (1998-2008)
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Atole26: 9:11am On Aug 04, 2021
This is the 3rd year now cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Just Got This Invite ......please How Real Is It / See The Fake Job Invite My Mum Got / N-power News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.