Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? (22705 Views)

What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? / I Am In Desperate Need Of Job As I Have Been Jobless For The Past 6yrs / Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by eze180: 9:23am On Aug 04, 2021
Opexzy:

I have a junior developer job for you... If you have the required skill set... You can also work remotely too.
Hi im also a developer, can you link me up to the job?
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by oteikwu16(m): 9:24am On Aug 04, 2021
Well for me it is 2019 till date... Omo... E no easy ... But God has been faithful.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by lucky4west: 9:26am On Aug 04, 2021
men this is not a funny experience, i don't even wish my enemy to experience it...first time and longest period was 14 months!...second time 7 months! 3rd time 8 months! worse time ever, but i survived! the greatest test of my character in fact make i hail myself small.....was still there for my kids and wify( though the fist time 14 months i was a bachelor and used the period for an Msc programme)....did post graduate courses....developed on bet9ja......read a lot drove on bolt app.....came out top.....and now rolling in the hay...i thank God for the journey so far....

Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Walins: 9:29am On Aug 04, 2021
10year
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Etinosa1234: 9:47am On Aug 04, 2021
Opexzy:

I have a junior developer job for you... If you have the required skill set... You can also work remotely too.

Boss I'm an Native Android dev... I use Java , kotlin, firebase, Room, retrofit

I've not been able to find a job yet

Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:48am On Aug 04, 2021
Mustiboy:
Was jobless for over a year during my teenage years, not working, not learning any craft, not in school.

During that time, I was always in my room, brushing up my skills in a particular field alone on my PC and smartphone. That skill pays the bills today.

I was seen as lazy then, little did they know I was cooking something delicious for myself.

No regrets over my jobless years.

In other news, Nigeria has a bright future ahead. I had a dream about it.
What skills
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by GoutPoulet: 9:54am On Aug 04, 2021
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Finnish: 9:55am On Aug 04, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Na wetin carry me enter farm be this....

But thank God, today am gold.

#kogi

What do you plant?
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:05am On Aug 04, 2021
Blastedholligan:
Well, I resigned from a banking job around March cos I was tired of the kind of job I was doing, no joy not happiness whatsoever. This is my 4month of not having a full time job. Funny thing is, I work remotely for two brands, one in Nigeria and one abroad but the pay is just there to keep me going to find something better. So yeah, I thank God for what I have and at least can still seed something to my younger sibling in school.

Truth is I'm currently in my lowest right now, just striving to stay happy and not feel sad. Don't know why though sad
Others
People are looking for banking job you want to resign, A.C 247
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:05am On Aug 04, 2021
grossintel:
People earning 50k in there previous job should not comment here, because 50k salary is almost like you're jobless.
Hmmmmm
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:06am On Aug 04, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
The funny thing is that we all are Jobless in this gadmnnn nation
Hahahha I don't agree
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:07am On Aug 04, 2021
Babadimimu2019:
Just 3 weeks after my NYSC. 11 years and counting I have not ever been out of job to the extent am even scared cos I don't know how it feels and pray never to have such feeling. If I will ever be out of job I will be self-employed by his grace.
Wow thank God sir you are really lucky blood of Zachariah
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:11am On Aug 04, 2021
RandyX:
10 months and I have a PhD in Mechanical Engineering from Europe. I relocated to Nigeria last year due to a family member’s health issue and was told that the industry doesn’t exist here for my skills and that I needed to know people in high places to get a job.
Do you mean with PhD in engineering you don't have a job? I"m very sure you are joking sir,
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Hassanmaye(m): 10:15am On Aug 04, 2021
Opexzy:
I have never been unemployed before.. Started working before my final year project defence. I worked in Lagos and served in Abeokuta simultaneously.
Left the job after two years... I got employed by a Nigerian company operated from the UK remotely. Started another job here again later on, remotely... I will be starting another remote job by September, this one is based in San Francisco, CA USA. Making it three jobs simultaneously... With loads of contract jobs with some companies here in Nigeria.

God has been Good to me when it comes to jobs and contracts. I don't stress myself, I can say I have more than 95% success rate, when it comes to interview.

My only problem is that, it's taking over my life and I am beginning to get tired of all of them.

I won't lie I am not enjoying my life anymore... But again, poverty is not palatable even in its simplest form.

All I am looking for now, is too land a job with any of the fortune 500 and I hope God will do that soonest... I will just drop all of these ones... Start-ups jobs are too overwhelming.
Are you good at computer skills
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Opexzy: 10:17am On Aug 04, 2021
Etinosa1234:

Boss I'm an Native Android dev... I use Java , kotlin, firebase, Room, retrofit

I've not been able to find a job yet

It's a frontend (React preferably) and backend (Django preferably)
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Opexzy: 10:19am On Aug 04, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Are you good at computer skills

Something like that

Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Etinosa1234: 10:19am On Aug 04, 2021
Opexzy:

embarassed Alright boss
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Excel70: 10:21am On Aug 04, 2021
Opexzy:

Studied computer science, but it would be nothing, if I didn't learn on my own as far as Nigeria education is concerned?
Thank you very much
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 04, 2021
Ayion:
Since I was born till this very day
I thought I was the only one
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by eze180: 10:56am On Aug 04, 2021
Opexzy:

I have ReactJs skills, can you help me please?
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Alvin007: 11:04am On Aug 04, 2021
11years and counting….created jobs for myself.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by manitoba(m): 11:28am On Aug 04, 2021
You be bros. It's been 7 years since i got the last credit in my RSA.

But God has been great.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by javaRookie: 11:39am On Aug 04, 2021
Opexzy:

Boss, Is it using the Django Rest Framework?
I am a junior Django Devloper(currently learning react), I just need a few jobs(unpaid or paid) to keep sharpening my Django skills.

I have knowledge of HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, jQuery (Ajax) and Django.

Can also use Version Control System like Git.
Deployed one blog app to PythonAnywhere.

I just need some projects to test my skills on an enterprise scale, and working with companies.

It doesn't matter if it is unpaid. Just need the experience.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Opexzy: 11:48am On Aug 04, 2021
javaRookie:

Boss, Is it using the Django Rest Framework?
I am a junior Django Devloper(currently learning react), I just need a few jobs(unpaid or paid) to keep sharpening my Django skills.

I have knowledge of HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, jQuery (Ajax) and Django.

Can also use Version Control System like Git.
Deployed one blog app to PythonAnywhere.

I just need some projects to test my skills on an enterprise scale, and working with companies.

It doesn't matter if it is unpaid. Just need the experience.

Okay I working on a project for Nigeria startup... Can you jump on it... I want to shed out some work this time...

Send me a mail a pm.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by javaRookie: 11:51am On Aug 04, 2021
Opexzy:

Okay I working on a project for Nigeria startup... Can you jump on it... I want to shed out some work this time...

Send me a mail. ope...gmail.com.
Let me when you did, so that i can delete my mail.

Remove it.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by olioxx(m): 12:05pm On Aug 04, 2021
Opexzy:

Okay so I just stumbled into this, my WhatsApp is 07083023292.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Sukkyy2010: 12:10pm On Aug 04, 2021
BritishAirways:
Since 2019

I am hoping it changes for the better 2021. Already strategizing how to raise funds and start a better profitable business. Catfish business and phone accessories sale
But omo it's damn hard to raise funds cry
What's your estimated value of start up capital for the business and also where is your location.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by olioxx(m): 12:15pm On Aug 04, 2021
Opexzy:

Send me a mail. opeyemiakosile@gmail.com.
Let me when you did, so that i can delete my mail.
I don't mind Junior React Dev, I just started actively this July, I lost my former job in June.
Here are some of my memorable projects.
Project 1 A React App for web design. The link is http://pj-colorgen-v1.netlify.app
Project 2 A To do App that uses browser local storage Api for fast reload and storage. The link is http://praise-todo-v1.netlify.app

I am currently working on trying to make a clone of Stripe as a see that Fintech is big in Nigeria.
Abeg help your boy.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by kelsberg007: 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2021
February 2021 till date.
Any vacancy for mechanical engineering graduate intern is welcome.
I'm willing to volunteer too

Abeg.
Abeg
Abeg
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Fidelismaria: 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2021
kingemaker:
3 months after submitting my Final year project.

Spent the next 3 months in a hotel, from there to a commercial bank where I worked before NYSC. Then served with a multinational where I got retained. The rest is history. By God's grace, I'll be employing people soon.

Boss man!

Employ me na.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Aurelius1(m): 12:33pm On Aug 04, 2021
RandyX:
10 months and I have a PhD in Mechanical Engineering from Europe. I relocated to Nigeria last year due to a family member’s health issue and was told that the industry doesn’t exist here for my skills and that I needed to know people in high places to get a job.
I don't mean to question your decision but I don't think it was a good decision for you to to abandon a sane society, ease of getting good jobs, stable electricity and most especially a secured future for your unborn kids to return back home because of a family member's health issue. I wouldn't want my own child to sacrifice his future happiness because of me. My two cent.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by cletz991(m): 12:44pm On Aug 04, 2021
2016 April to June 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chat Between A Job Seeker And A Customer Service Assistant / I Just Got This Invite ......please How Real Is It / See The Fake Job Invite My Mum Got

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64