Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? (22686 Views)

What Is The Shortest Time You Have Been Employed? / I Am In Desperate Need Of Job As I Have Been Jobless For The Past 6yrs / Jobless First Class Graduate Gets Instant Employment After PREMIUM TIMES Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Fidelismaria: 12:47pm On Aug 04, 2021
Judolisco:
Complete 1 year after NYSC... Tried applying for msc e no click... Job later click Sha I thank God... As a Nigerian u r not permitted to be depressed... Depression almost killed me oh... I did some little jobs at home Sha like writing seminars or project for people... But no be d real deal abeg and again I see writing project for people as a crime but wetin man go do job no dey and I no fit dey ask my parents for money after paying almost 300k per year untop my head for university... I thank God Sha e job later click after a year of staying at home

Enlighten me, how is writing project for people a crime?

1 Like

Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Fidelismaria: 12:48pm On Aug 04, 2021
Opexzy:
I have never been unemployed before.. Started working before my final year project defence. I worked in Lagos and served in Abeokuta simultaneously.
Left the job after two years... I got employed by a Nigerian company operated from the UK remotely. Started another job here again later on, remotely... I will be starting another remote job by September, this one is based in San Francisco, CA USA. Making it three jobs simultaneously... With loads of contract jobs with some companies here in Nigeria.

God has been Good to me when it comes to jobs and contracts. I don't stress myself, I can say I have more than 95% success rate, when it comes to interview.

My only problem is that, it's taking over my life and I am beginning to get tired of all of them.

I won't lie I am not enjoying my life anymore... But again, poverty is not palatable even in its simplest form.

All I am looking for now, is too land a job with any of the fortune 500 and I hope God will do that soonest... I will just drop all of these ones... Start-ups jobs are too overwhelming.

Are you a developer?
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by olusheye12(m): 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2021
Since 2018 after NYSC
It’s not damn easy but still struggling to get one...

B.sc Statistics
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by usman3688(m): 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2021
Heineken:
bro morning. Please help me with one of the job sir..I am broke too and struggling to live everyday as well.

That's not possible as both already carry my name. If it was possible I would have given my younger brother one.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Heineken(m): 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2021
usman3688:

That's not possible as both already carry my name. If it was possible I would have given my younger brother one.
thank you bro
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by donMIG(m): 1:36pm On Aug 04, 2021
SirWhiteFish:
2015 that's 7 years

N still counting
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Limassol(m): 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2021
Queenplum:
I thought I was the only one
Funny diary you got there, wondering why you abandoned it.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Judolisco(m): 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2021
Fidelismaria:

not in the carrying a gun and robbing people context.... A crime in d examination malpractice context... Jst that we don't take tinzs seriously in dis country.. Not all schs do plagiarism check or check if u actually conducted d research yourself or even care to verify your chapter 4 results.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by okunola123(m): 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2021
rottable:
the highest for me is 2 months. Op how did you survive? You were staying with your parent abi
If you are in lagos state and you need a job, you can work in real estate. Kindly send Ur CV to oxfordcastleharmony@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by okunola123(m): 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2021
Ahmadmoh86:
I need a job ooo please any help from anyone, am a graduate and am really depressed too.
Don't be depressed. If you can work in real estate. Kindly forward ur CV to oxfordcastleharmony@gmail.com
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by okunola123(m): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2021
bigeliot:
Alot of people have given up in looking for jobs Uppandan. I've stayed almost a year. Thank God for parents. I frustrate ehh
How long would you depend on parent? You can work for yourself without seating in office. If you are interested to work in real estate. Kindly send Ur CV to oxfordcastleharmony@gmail.Com
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Juanmike(m): 3:23pm On Aug 04, 2021
lucky4west:
men this is not a funny experience, i don't even wish my enemy to experience it...first time and longest period was 14 months!...second time 7 months! 3rd time 8 months! worse time ever, but i survived! the greatest test of my character in fact make i hail myself small.....was still there for my kids and wify( though the fist time 14 months i was a bachelor and used the period for an Msc programme)....did post graduate courses....developed on bet9ja......read a lot drove on bolt app.....came out top.....and now rolling in the hay...i thank God for the journey so far....
Dont get, when you said bet9ja
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by rhames(m): 3:28pm On Aug 04, 2021
RedEnergy:
How long have you ever gone without a job? As for me, maybe 9 months and it was hell grin. What about you?

nine years.

but now self employed.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Atticusxsz(m): 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2021
1000Capacity:
see my guy try call family meeting. Raise money and start on business that can grow. Better job no dey nigeria.
If keep applying for jobs it's good but it will take a long time to click

Oil dey your head bro. That's what i intend doing sef. I already talked to my parents about it.
Time waits 4 no one grin
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by vickydevoka(m): 4:14pm On Aug 04, 2021
Blastedholligan:
How? Ill advice you to pick up a skill that can require you to work remotely. Apply for Data analytics on coursera. Apply for their financial aid so you can take it for free. That course is gold now and you might get employed just with that course with FAANG(google what this means)
I have been ta home for 3 years , doing nothing. I always pray to God to direct me to my helper.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 04, 2021
Limassol:
Funny diary you got there, wondering why you abandoned it.
smiley
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by caandi: 7:00pm On Aug 04, 2021
It is well... the most important thing is never to stay idle and never say never,
No matter how many years you’ve been jobless just have faith that one day will be your turn, you will land a good paying job. Until that times comes you can do side jobs to pay some of your bills..
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by VTJN(m): 7:51pm On Aug 04, 2021
Probabl3:
I am at Eko supreme Agbara out there looking for Job though.
The funny thing be say people tell me say without connections no help and yesterday Dem carry 6 people enter gringrin. I wait an average of 6 hours but no luck
na my area be all those places smiley

Na connection o bro. This country just tire me I swear. I can't imagine coming out top of the class still jobless

I'm fvcking tired
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by VTJN(m): 8:11pm On Aug 04, 2021
GracefulBunmi:

the jobs available are not for the depressed. Okay! cheesy
I am not depressed. Can you give me the job?
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Ayion: 9:11pm On Aug 04, 2021
Queenplum:
cry
Queenplum:
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by toygod2: 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2021
All these 9 , 14months thing funny me o.

These ones no even reach quarter of years I spent jobless.

Nawa ooo
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by GboyegaD(m): 9:33pm On Aug 04, 2021
tunnex190:
Since 2019 and life isn't easy especially when you are married with kids

God will make a way. Experienced being underemployed for about 6 months and I knew how frustrating it was.

1 Like

Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by GboyegaD(m): 10:02pm On Aug 04, 2021
VTJN:
na my area be all those places smiley

Na connection o bro. This country just tire me I swear. I can't imagine coming out top of the class still jobless

I'm fvcking tired

Hope you don't wear this today to your job interviews. That said, why not seek greener pastures in the West?
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by SavageResponse(m): 4:09am On Aug 05, 2021
Fidelismaria:

shocked
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Oviebright: 4:19am On Aug 05, 2021
grossintel:
People earning 50k in there previous job should not comment here, because 50k salary is almost like you're jobless.
What about me that earns 25k per month in my current job unkor? I should kill myself?

1 Like

Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Leogreat5: 7:35am On Aug 05, 2021
5years now.....Graduate of Agriculture. Life is not easy .
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by BritishAirways: 8:01am On Aug 06, 2021
Leogreat5:
5years now.....Graduate of Agriculture. Life is not easy .
You don't want to go into agriculture?? Fish farming...it seems the easiest when there is security
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by BritishAirways: 8:04am On Aug 06, 2021
Sukkyy2010:

What's your estimated value of start up capital for the business and also where is your location.
how's your pos business?
Send me a pm I can give you a template and business plan
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by Leogreat5: 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2021
Capital has been the biggest challenge .

You don't want to go into agriculture?? Fish farming...it seems the easiest when there is security[/quote]
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by RandyX: 4:20am On Aug 09, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Do you mean with PhD in engineering you don't have a job? I"m very sure you are joking sir,
I'm not joking. I heard you need connections, well I don't have that and it seems most of the jobs posted online in this country are just meant to draw traffic and not real.
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by AuroraB(f): 5:42pm On Oct 08, 2021
Parable007:
I don't think anyone should spend so much time in seeking job... Once you are jobless, admit you are jobless and go for volunteering... It will burst your CV to get a better job....not having a job is not the problem, being jobless is a big problem
Kindly give insights on where to get these, please
Re: What's The Longest Time You Have Ever Been Jobless? by lordchiz(m): 1:19am On Jan 12, 2022
Opexzy:

I have a junior developer job for you... If you have the required skill set... You can also work remotely too.
Pls I didn't see this in time sir.....
Is the opening still available for me?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can A Third Class Degree Holder Get A Job??? / La Fayette Microfinance Test / Niger Dock Plc Is Recruiting Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.