Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York (54532 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 07, 2021
America is beautiful smiley wow!

Happy birthday, bro!!

Make una stop de ague for this guy thread now.. Niger insecurity plenty full bucket... Make uno deceive our selves abeg!!

Op shey you no go go Harlem?? grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by dlordy100: 8:24am On Aug 07, 2021
YelloweWest:

I was to visit these places with my dad. Then covid showed up, crippled business and now there's no visa appointment date till 2022.

My dad is 81... cry
Lies not true there's appointment date
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Juicethekid: 8:27am On Aug 07, 2021
Tourist123:
That’s all for today guys…. Btw HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. ITS MY BIRTHDAY TODAY
happy birthday Boss

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by alfonso36(m): 9:02am On Aug 07, 2021
lionlee216:
Welcome to NYC. grin

Planning to visit new york soon.

NY like lagos grin
My Daddy is here
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 07, 2021
Tourist123:
I used google maps to search the closest restaurants and found this nice Arabian restaurant
Abeg how much is all this plenty food ?
The food enter my eye swears...
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 07, 2021
lionlee216:
Welcome to NYC. grin

Planning to visit new york soon.

NY like lagos grin
Bad guy where you dey since all these days
We dey always ask of you and one other guy like DAT
Hope all is good..?
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Kindness218: 9:28am On Aug 07, 2021
All members of the Nairaland forum are saying Happy birthday sir.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by YorubaNinja: 9:47am On Aug 07, 2021
ipledge6:
I used to live very close to JFK also. I take A train from Grant to 34th street Penn station. Those are not good moment grin grin . Transportation is the main reason I moved to Minnesota

Minnesota ke? Twin Cities? cool
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by YorubaNinja: 9:54am On Aug 07, 2021
Springboot:

Very correct. We'll done OP. Nice thread. I miss that city tho. Will be there in October for 2 weeks.

Why do we need to know? Rubbish! angry

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Springboot: 10:24am On Aug 07, 2021
YorubaNinja:

Why do we need to know? Rubbish! angry

Take your frustration away from here, don't spoil the beautiful thread with your depressed life.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Giovanni93: 10:38am On Aug 07, 2021
Tourist123:
lol no wahala… The guy just dey talk anyhow. I will soon show him I’m a Benin boy

FBI fit see this quote begin dey reason many many.
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Visman(m): 11:36am On Aug 07, 2021
Raph82:
Abi e don connect u ni
Nna d guy nor send me o,
We rise by lifting others o
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Visman(m): 11:41am On Aug 07, 2021
Tourist123:
I ended my day with a visit to a Nigerian restaurant. I bought goat meat pepper soup, Efo, Amala, poundo and Kpala fish
Guy show me love na, i nor say send me money, just show me way.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by SaintHilary(m): 1:01pm On Aug 07, 2021
Hadampson:

I don land
Thanks for the call brother smiley cool

If i mention your moniker, say present

2. Fidelismaria
3. Niklausefred
5. Jaycew ( POLAND)*
6. Subomi007
7. lamboladee
8. SaintHillary
9. Vhuqnl
10. Joohan
11.Paccus
12. Richdee1
13. ichbinbrait
14. Canih28
15. olioxx
16. Savagethe21st
17. aziza45442
18. 2Lynx
19.NoFab123
20.Daintyprincess(new member)
21. Brawlscartel
22. seedorfy134
Hadampson my real Gee!! I'm highly and forever present bruv!

I've been in the UK for a while now, When i decide to settle fully or move, I'll create my own thread and call out all the notable and hard working travel section names you mentioned. I vividly remember almost everyone on that list grin

PS : my Hilary has just 1 "L" o lipsrsealed

My today movement goes like this, Image too large for NL, had to Screengrab

9 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 1:09pm On Aug 07, 2021
Birthday cake is here ooo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by wizedomain(m): 1:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
Congratulations on your new age, more blissful years...So did you gift yourself this fine cake

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2021
ramatuoyiza:
but mostly I see greyhound buses on movies.. Aint thr services good?
it’s my first time using them and I can categorically say I didn’t enjoy my trip. Their buses are no where near comfy. Dartmouth Coach is the best in the New England area. I would have used them but they didn’t have a bus going to NY the day I traveled.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 1:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
Broveens42:
Even if you give me free house for New York, I no go stay undecided
Same here but I will accept it and put it up for rent

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2021
Tapout:

The dirt is even nicer than the dirt here.
lol haba na… dirt is dirt everywhere bros… Nigeria or Abroad
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by zolajpower: 1:36pm On Aug 07, 2021
adanny01:

I was posted to work in Benin, my wife got confused whether to cry or celebrate. When the posting changed to Kano, come and see my wife's celebration.

I guess no Benin girls to put sand in her garri was her problem. My problem was Benin people and their eye for the progressives, Kano ppl too, get their wahala.

Kano people are always in your personal business, but Benin, even your dreams na catchment area.
I stayed in Kano for three years it took me two good years to learn and speak the ( HAUSA) language. but I spent 5years in benin I was able to speak only one word that is uwese or ogha ba to kpaye ise which I have learnt on tv shows . They love gossips especially men , they don't like themselves let alone strangers ...... But I will tell hausa re more open hearted than the benins . Thank God sey your wife never gave the node to go . She's can't be concerned about the girls , but there are other things that happened there you won't wish for . No night life , there agberos and driver , the indigenes so many that I can't count . Guy be happy you re in Kano . If not for my girlfriend ( from USA ) I would have relocated to Kano . Benin is worse off

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by zolajpower: 1:36pm On Aug 07, 2021
adanny01:

I was posted to work in Benin, my wife got confused whether to cry or celebrate. When the posting changed to Kano, come and see my wife's celebration.

I guess no Benin girls to put sand in her garri was her problem. My problem was Benin people and their eye for the progressives, Kano ppl too, get their wahala.

Kano people are always in your personal business, but Benin, even your dreams na catchment area.
I stayed in Kano for three years it took me two good years to learn and speak the ( HAUSA) language. but I spent 5years in benin I was able to speak only one word that is uwese or ogha ba to kpaye ise which I have learnt on tv shows . They can't teach there language becaide they love gossips especially men , they don't like themselves let alone strangers ...... But I will tell hausa re more open hearted than the benins . Thank God sey your wife never gave the node to go . She's can't be concerned about the girls , but there are other things that happened there you won't wish for . No night life , there agberos and driver , the indigenes so many that I can't count . Guy be happy you re in Kano . If not for my girlfriend ( from USA ) I would have relocated to Kano . Benin is worse off grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 1:37pm On Aug 07, 2021
Newborn27:

I'd prefer to hawk over there like him rather than work like elephant,feed like ant and still sleeping in darkness here in Nigeria....una lucky Sha diaspora Nigerians, things are happening here.

Happy birthday and safe journey bro
lol bros it’s not that bad na.
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 1:45pm On Aug 07, 2021
Tonytonex:
please, how much did you pay for your fare?
return trip 96$

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 2:03pm On Aug 07, 2021
Rebuke:

7days unlimited bus and train pass for just $33 undecided

Or do yhu mean $300? I probably need an explanation on how the bus/train pass card works.

Naija smh. And some people will be here trying hard to console themselves that it's cheaper to live in naija.
nope bro. Its $33. A month pass is $135( I think). The card is to get access to the subway, when you’re inside the subway, all the trains are free.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 2:06pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

What's that thing that looks like condoms in your meal
lol.. it’s butter

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2021
timstone:
What's the cost of the transport
Do you pay online
Is the distance compare to lagos to Benin
yes online payment. 98$ return trip
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 2:10pm On Aug 07, 2021
Lamanii22:

How's the taste like?
It’s very niceeeeeeeee. Taste is relative though, you may not like it

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 2:21pm On Aug 07, 2021
Olumighty123:

Greyhound seem to be the best transport company over there.. nice threads thou
noooo. Darmouth coach is way better

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 2:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
GodsGabby:
E sure me die say Op go dey go tru this thread they LOL.

You guys are funny...
Babe go just ignore, laff, drop pictures waka comot.
Op wida u na, try they communicate too as u dey drop pictures na, make body no rigid for us here.��
lol bros I loyal

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 2:34pm On Aug 07, 2021
Karlovych:
New York of all places? Anyway good luck in your stay and have fun
bros NYC is a good tourist spot o. There are alot of things to do here as a tourist

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tourist123: 2:38pm On Aug 07, 2021
Newborn27:

O terrible my sister.

I won't mind being a maid or hawker in the UK then get some certification later to get a better job.

Our leaders ain't helping matters at all.
maid or hawker is too extreme my Sister.
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Samstrange44(m): 2:56pm On Aug 07, 2021
Happy birthday age gracefully..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Petr Kellner Dies In Helicopter Crash / 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) / Airasia Flight Found Upside Down At The Bottom Of The Sea .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.