Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York (54555 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
We are currently in Northampton, MA.
The driver stopped at a store to pick a passenger. I think the next stop should be Springfield (I guess)
Is Southhampton also close by?

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Blacksavage: 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
It’s 5:20am and my bus from Vermont to New York departs by 6:30am. The driving time from my apartment to the Bus station is about 30mins so I’m leaving the house now so I can check in on time.
Boss carry me follow body nigeria don tire us.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by dapadawee: 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
I got to the station at exactly 6:10am, Checked in and got a parking permit for my car.
The bus driver is a very rude Jamaican man with poor customer service, I’m going to report him to the company after the trip, that’s if we don’t fight before we get to NY
This guy my neighbor he too like to they show himself, me I go California stop Alaska for my dream� nobody hear but common new York here we no hear word. Please how can take pictures from my dreams so I can send proof as this guy they do

15 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by CYPRIANJUNGLE: 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
We dey on alert just in case agbero stop you people for tickets

10 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
I live in one of the New England states in America. One of the intriguing things about these states is the naming of the cities and town. A vast majority of the towns are named after England.
You gonna see names like New Hampshire, Manchester, New London etc

..New Bedford, Cambridge, Worcester, Plymouth. I know these towns from England. When I read of them in the US I shock na

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Okikiade03: 12:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
Hello sir
One of my dream is to become a tourist
Can you please enlighten me more or how to go about it
Thanks
@Tourist123

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Just like making a stop at Okene when traveling to Abuja by road or stopping at Ughelli when traveling to Portharcourt, we made a quick stop at Springfield, Massachusetts for 20mins
Okene is a major route to all states

11 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Broveens42(m): 12:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
I’m back to my Airbnb apartment. Tomorrow I will visit Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty and Fifth Avenue

Na only those places people dey see for TV..
Manhattan especially

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by notoriousbabe: 12:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
See better country, see road, see clean motor, see fresh air

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Thats the yeye Jamaican driver

E be like grumpy papa o. Leave the man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by zolajpower: 12:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
Thats the yeye Jamaican driver
Benin bus drivers do more worse than that man . Ever been told by the Jamaican driver that he cut your head off and use it for palm wine glass cup But Benin drivers and the indgenes re known for violence talk and abuse . "I GO TEAR YOUR HEAD" it's a common cliche If we look Am sef if e be set na you go find that epa trouble sef. A normal Benin go always show trouble anywhere . Italy is a perfect example

11 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Kingosytex(m): 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2021
TheKingOfCrumb:
Road trip from Lagos to new York
grin grin
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by dapadawee: 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
I’m very disappointed with the wifi services in the bus. This is my first time using this company called greyhound and I’m already regretting it.
It’s a 7 hrs journey and the bus has no wifi
I beg no come naija again

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by bigpicture001: 12:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
Honestly it appears that place is quite lonely and boring

32 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Broveens42(m): 12:35pm On Aug 06, 2021
Even if you give me free house for New York, I no go stay undecided
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Raph82(m): 12:36pm On Aug 06, 2021
Visman:

Guy connect me naw, how do i make it to the US?
Abi e don connect u ni
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by YorubaNinja: 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
This is actually my first time to New York. I have been living in the New England region for quite some time now and my popular route is New Hampshire, Vermont and Massachusetts. Today is my first time of leaving the New England area.
So my gist: After dropping from the bus, I had a tough time using the subway. The Address that the Airbnb host sent me was incomplete, the people I showed the address couldn’t make sense of the direction via Subway. Nevertheless, I entered the subway only to discover that I needed a Metro Card to access the train. After wondering helplessly in the subway, a good Samaritan offered to use her card to give me the pass.
I entered the subway and started another round of rigmarole. The first train I entered took me to Manhattan, my Airbnb apartment is at Brooklyn.
I contacted the guy and after much explanation, I stopped at a particular train terminal and entered the right train in the proper direction. For the first time in my life I felt so clueless.

cool
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2021
Fun
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by 1onebigman(m): 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
lol no wahala… The guy just dey talk anyhow. I will soon show him I’m a Benin boy
abeg no matter watin sup,no use fight end am

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by YorubaNinja: 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2021
Kingosytex:

Naija is bae grin

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by blackslayer: 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2021
Typical Nigerian...already at loggerheads with the Jamaican bus driver!

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by FLYFIRE(m): 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2021
Abeg put another set of pictures , these ones dey make person turn head like agama lizard grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by CYPRIANJUNGLE: 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2021
supportnija:

Op, very truth, ESN are not there killing people, or using virgin for ritual, NK is there order to cut people head

Brainless idiat spotted

25 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by ignis: 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
Traveling without fear of bandits.

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
Nice one but the road is scanty ,i thought New york is crowded grin

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by donforeign: 12:42pm On Aug 06, 2021
zolajpower:

Haha you be Benin? The driver sef go be Benin be that ..... Because Benin guys talk like the Jamaican ( driver )guy too . My 5years in Benin was a terrible experience they don't relate , so full of hatred for people especially when you re progressing more than them . Thank God set you dey that side you for be the version of the Jamaican guy grin

Big lie...
Because you get yeye neighbor no mean say na so everybody be . Just d way anther persn go still criticize you for another person..

9 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Danjikanbauchi: 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2021
Tourist123:
It’s 5:20am and my bus from Vermont to New York departs by 6:30am. The driving time from my apartment to the Bus station is about 30mins so I’m leaving the house now so I can check in on time.
road trip that didn't start from Nigeria that one na road trip ?

11 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by 1onebigman(m): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2021
EASYGURU:
any fulani herdsmen on the road yet or police stopping you to check the content of your phone?
all those wintchy wintchy policemen wey de stand for road like evil shadow

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by Tolzy11(m): 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2021
Hadampson:

I don land
Thanks for the call brother smiley cool

If i mention your moniker, say present

2. Fidelismaria
3. Niklausefred
5. Jaycew ( POLAND)*
6. Subomi007
7. lamboladee
8. SaintHillary
9. Vhuqnl
10. Joohan
11.Paccus
12. Richdee1
13. ichbinbrait
14. Canih28
15. olioxx
16. Savagethe21st
17. aziza45442
18. 2Lynx
19.NoFab123
20.Daintyprincess(new member)
21. Brawlscartel
22. seedorfy134
Omo they mention me too for the all this sweet threads o
Re: A Nairalander’s Road Trip To New York by 1onebigman(m): 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2021
Op as I de read your writup come de see d picture join,e be me like say mk I carry okada come meet you...mehn traveling out will be a huge relief for me

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) / Airasia Flight Found Upside Down At The Bottom Of The Sea . / Russian Plane Crash-Landed In Cornfield After Engines Suck In Birds(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.