Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,003 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! (3616 Views)

Who Was The First Human To Celebrate Jesus? / Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? / Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Then you should not have wasted your time, strength and data! So much wastages especially as my response was not directed to you.

A Classical Example of the Nullities that you people are very much accustomed to doing.

Who says you are not wasting your rights this way??

2 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Pelecius: 9:36pm On Aug 05, 2021
HardMirror:
we aint saying same thing. the difference is as clear as night and day.
You are saying an atheist wannabe can exist who actually does not believe in god.
i am saying such cannot exist. an atheist wannabe can only exist if he actually believes in god.
so how can some one who does not believe in the existence of any god be an atheist wannabe? then what is a real atheist then?

you two are suffering from poor education. an elementary level grasp of english is sufficient for you to know we aint saying the same thing
I never said all what you claim I said.
I have explained myself, but you are bent on not learning it. Rather, you are forcing how you understand it on me.
It doesn't work that way my friend.

Then you resorted to adhominem, just for the fact that you don't understand what we have both explained.
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Karleb(m): 9:38pm On Aug 05, 2021
Sincerely. Being an atheist is really hard.

It's better to be a Christian in Afghanistan than to be an atheist in Nigeria.

I pity those guys, they go through a lot.

3 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2021
Pelecius:

I never said all what you claim I said.
I have explained myself, but you are bent on not learning it. Rather, you are forcing how you understand it on me.
It doesn't work that way my friend.

Then you resorted to adhominem, just for the fact that you don't understand what we have both explained.
yeye. your posts are there for everyone to read. what is atheist wannabe. a phrase you made up and want to force it's baseless meaning on everyone? i will repeat myself. the only way an atheist wannabe can exist if for that so called wannabe to actually believe in the existence of god while pretending not to. any other thing you say is nonsense. it is simple english ogbeni. people who try to complicate simple things are frauds

2 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Pelecius: 10:00pm On Aug 05, 2021
HardMirror:
yeye. your posts are there for everyone to read. what is atheist wannabe. a phrase you made up and want to force it's baseless meaning on everyone? i will repeat myself. the only way an atheist wannabe can exist if for that so called wannabe to actually believe in the existence of god while pretending not to. any other thing you say is nonsense. it is simple english ogbeni. people who try to complicate simple things are frauds
grin grin grin
Suit yourself
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 10:39pm On Aug 05, 2021
Pelecius:

grin grin grin
Suit yourself
of course. thanks
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by MarkSloan: 3:21am On Aug 06, 2021
Karleb:

So you're not even an atheist sef? All this while I've been thinking you're an atheist or at least, irreligious.
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Karleb(m): 5:44am On Aug 06, 2021
MarkSloan:
So you're not even an atheist sef? All this while I've been thinking you're an atheist or at least, irreligious.

I'm a Christian. grin
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by budaatum: 1:15pm On Aug 06, 2021
Disbelieving is only as hard as threading a camel through the needle's eye if you can not become as a child.

Once you become as a child, the absurdity of believing jumps out at you.
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Anas09: 7:46pm On Aug 06, 2021
Pelecius:
I wonder how wannabe atheists enjoy self delusion, like the ones stated by op. I think it makes them feel good and "intellectually" fulfilled.

Most times, wannabe atheists objections are outright straw man. Let's consider his points.

1. Emotion is part of every human. Being a religious person (I'll argue for Christianity henceforth) does not make you more emotional than an atheist. First point.
Secondly, it is not a MUST that you listen to gospel songs. And gospel songs don't ONLY talk of emotional stuff. You are assuming too much here. And most movies don't end in tragedy, gospel movies included. Or are you implying that movies where good overcome evils are gospel?
The reality of being a sinner is not to appeal to anyone's emotion. The saving grace of Christ is evident as hard criminals turn to peaceful and loving people.
If you are not happy with it, it doesn't make you right. On the other hand, you seem to have just expressed your own emotions (maybe to make you feel good)

2. To hope also is universal, whether an atheist or a theist. Just that what one hopes on differs.
Again, you've stated two behaviors of humans generally, but tried to use it in disparaging religion.
Your "hoping on the impossible" is a straw man for the Christian faith. There's the instructions for WORK + faith and that of WATCH + pray. Most wannabe atheists set up straw man to attack. So a Christian does not hope while doing nothing just as a scientist does not hope to get results without experiments.

3. Like you already stated, having a family or urge to belong to a family is also universal. Now, your last statement of wanting an apostate to leave miserably is unfounded claim. It's just in your head. In fact, it's not a Christian thing to do.

4. Irresponsibility
This is where you just merely expressed your emotions. Your very first statement is another unfounded claim. You went on to prove it by other unfounded claims.
Seems that your ignorance of what Christianity teaches is just overwhelming and you must of think that Christianity is limited to Nigerian culture where evil forces are the order of the day.
Pick a Bible and study, it'll save you these unfounded claims you bring up.

5. Appeal to Authority.
You seem to write this to justify your alleged atheism. Using the Bible truths to train up children is not wrong, except you show otherwise. It definitely contains moral absolutes with which we can build a sane society (most atheistic influence nations actually built their morals on religion, and I'm not saying atheists can't be moral - though, there's no justification for that).
Your claim that atheist must work to earn his respect is even a Biblical principle also (Prov 24:22).

6. No need to think?
This is where you got it all wrong. You just don't know what Christianity teaches, so you invent one to make yourself look sophisticated.
The Bible encourages critical thinking and it was this that led to the rise of modern science (I believe you were not expecting this). Scriptures include:
A. Test things and hold on to what's true. 1 Thess 5:21
B. Only fools believe just anything. Prov 24:15
C. The Berean Christians checked what Paul said to see if it's correct. Acts 17:11
And other scriptures.

It turns out that wannabe atheists enjoy some delusions to feel good of their rebellion against God by cooking up what Christianity does not teach and rubbishing it. A simple logical fallacy called straw man.
But those are easily knocked down (then they mostly shift ground to bring up another topic without acknowledging being wrong).
Just as the scripture says:
The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him. Prov 18 vs 17
Just ignore that foo.l. You'll be wasting your breath for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Anas09: 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2021
HardMirror:
what do you mean by wannabe atheist? you mean there are people who believe in god or lets even be specific, are Christians, yet come out to say there is no god or they dont believe in god? how is that even possible? are you even thinking at all or just want to talk for the sake of talking. just listen to your own crap. wanna be atheist my foot! you are an atheist just pretending to be an christian. you are a wanna be christian for sure.
HardMirror. You were never a Christian. You attended church, but you never knew anything about salvation which puts you in a place of relationship with Christ.
Pls stop deluding yourself.
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Anas09: 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2021
HardMirror:
i am beginning to see you have a problem with reading and comprehending.
He is on point. The problem is, you are too proud to admit you are wrong. But, shd I be surprised? No.
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Anas09: 8:00pm On Aug 06, 2021
HardMirror:
as if this so called god even talks for itself. who can something that cannot talk or write for itself make any rules? even a dog makes rules that i would respect, at least it can bark and ask me to keep off and i would respect it
After this many years, you are still this stupid. Read what you typed if it makes any sense.

When you embarked on a 70 days fast demanding that the prophecies of God gets nullified, did you ask God to prove Himself to you?

I doubt you even had a Bible through out your teenage age you attended church and called yourself a Christian. If you had the Bible, even if you doubt it, you won't be talking so stupidly.
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Anas09: 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2021
HardMirror:
you are just contradicting yourself and making no sense. it is like saying that you are a wannabe human. the only way i am a wannabe atheist if for me to actually believe in god, anything else you say is nonsense
Poor HardMirror you are still daft. Everything he said made 100% sense. Only, you lack cognitive resonance.

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Anas09: 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2021
HardMirror:
you just learned the word i see. putting it to use in all you recent posts. good job, that is how to become more conversant with the use of new words you learn, you use them in sentences.
Inferiority complex dey worry you for here. This guy no be ya match boy
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Myer(m): 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2021
Anas09:

HardMirror. You were never a Christian. You attended church, but you never knew anything about salvation which puts you in a place of relationship with Christ.
Pls stop deluding yourself.

This is where I find it difficult not to insult some of you. Hardmirror clearly said he was once a Christian, a firebrand one at that until he lost his faith in God yet you're arguing again with the fact that he was ever a Christian but church goer. Smh

You do realise that the bible does teach that it is possible to be a Christian and leave the faith?
In fact it says it's impossible for such a person to ever become a Christian again.

Hebrews 6:4-6
"For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt."

So either this bible verse played out in his life in which case the Christian God is real.
Or the Christian idea of God isnt real and he's free to live his life on his own terms.

You on the other hand can either show us how to be a good Christian and pray for him or prove you're just another church-goer and keep insulting him and everyone who disagrees with you.

3 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Anas09: 9:04pm On Aug 06, 2021
Karleb:

What a senseless comparison.
Christians are killed in Afghanistan for being Christians, what do the Atheists face in Nigeria?
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Anas09: 9:05pm On Aug 06, 2021
HardMirror:
Of all he said, why R you hanging on 'atheist wannabe? Treat other stuff he talked about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Ishilove: 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2021
Pelecius:

Thank you o
I don't know what is hard in understanding simple terms such as that.
Don't mind Hardmirror. He has left the body of your message to be focusing on semantics. How laughable.

Your arguments are very sound, by the way.

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Ishilove: 9:11pm On Aug 06, 2021
Anas09:

Of all he said, why R you hanging on 'atheist wannabe? Treat other stuff he talked about.
He cannot treat because deep down in his godless soul he knows Pelecious speaks the truth.

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Ishilove: 9:13pm On Aug 06, 2021
Anas09:

Inferiority complex dey worry you for here. This guy no be ya match boy
At all. He can't counter any single point the fellow made. Instead he is just hammering on 'wannabe'.
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Anas09: 9:30pm On Aug 06, 2021
Myer:

This is where I find it difficult not to insult some of you.
Feel very free to insult me biko. What will an insult from a dead muslim do to me. You are insignificant in the realm of the spirit. So, go ahead.

Myer:

Hardmirror clearly said he was once a Christian, a firebrand one at that until he lost his faith in God yet you're arguing again with the fact that he was ever a Christian but church goer. Smh
Firebrand? Hahahahahahahahaha. What is a fire brand Christian?
No one who knows Bible prophecies will fast and pray that Yahweh's prophecies will be annulled. Muslims are killing Christians and burning Churches, instead your fire brand Christian to know that the Muslims are doing exactly what is prophesiwd, be embarked on a 70 days fasting and prayer for Muslims to stop killing Christians, when God didn't change His words to satisfy him, he got angry and rejected God.
Negodu firebrand.

Hardmirror is just like you. He doesn't know what it means or what it takes to be a Christian. You as a muslim claim you love Jesus, when you do not know the letter 'J' in Jesus. So also Hardmirror thinks sitting in Church in his teenage age made him a Christian.
Pls ask him what the end time prophecies says will happen to Christians before their Lord returns. Him as well as you, are fulfilling scriptures, that's why nothing you guys do or say to us bothers me.

Myer:

You do realise that the bible does teach that it is possible to be a Christian and leave the faith?
In fact it says it's impossible for such a person to ever become a Christian again.
Hebrews 6:4-6
"For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt."
No, I don't doubt that. It's very possible for materialism or persecution to make someone run away out of cowardice and hide from Satan. As many have ran to Islam out of the Islamic persecution thinking they will be spared. If only they know what awaits them beyond the grave.

It's laughable for you a Muslim to quote that passage. It calls Jesus the son of God. Doesn't allah deny that Jesus is not his son? Or is allah not your god again.

Myer:

So either this bible verse played out in his life in which case God is real.
Or God isnt real and he's free to live his life on his own terms.
Malam Abdool, no one is stopping him from living his life. If you have noticed. You guys are the ones who won't let Christians live. The Muslims are after Christians, the Atheists are after Christians.
Left for me, you don't exists.
Myer:

You on the other hand can either show us how to be a good Christian and pray for him or prove you're just another church-goer and keep insulting him and everyone who disagrees with you.
O, I pray for him alright. I pray that he In truth encounters the Real Jesus Christ of Nazareth so that he will know the difference.
But,sorry to disappoint you if you think I will tolerate his idiocy.

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Anas09: 9:31pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ishilove:

At all. He can't counter any single point the fellow made. Instead he is just hammering on 'wannabe'.
Hardmirror hasn't improved on anything all these years.

How you dey my dear Ishilove?
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Anas09: 9:32pm On Aug 06, 2021
Ishilove:

He cannot treat because deep down in his godless soul he knows Pelecious speaks the truth.
Yes, he does. Pride won't let Jim admit it
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Myer(m): 9:45pm On Aug 06, 2021
Anas09:

Feel very free to insult me biko. What will an insult from a dead muslim do to me. You are insignificant in the realm of the spirit. So, go ahead.

Firebrand? Hahahahahahahahaha. What is a fire brand Christian?
No one who knows Bible prophecies will fast and pray that Yahweh's prophecies will be annulled. Muslims are killing Christians and burning Churches, instead your fire brand Christian to know that the Muslims are doing exactly what is prophesiwd, be embarked on a 70 days fasting and prayer for Muslims to stop killing Christians, when God didn't change His words to satisfy him, he got angry and rejected God.
Negodu firebrand.

Hardmirror is just like you. He doesn't know what it means or what it takes to be a Christian. You as a muslim claim you love Jesus, when you do not know the letter 'J' in Jesus. So also Hardmirror thinks sitting in Church in his teenage age made him a Christian.
Pls ask him what the end time prophecies says will happen to Christians before their Lord returns. Him as well as you, are fulfilling scriptures, that's why nothing you guys do or say to us bothers me.

No, I don't doubt that. It's very possible for materialism or persecution to make someone run away out of cowardice and hide from Satan. As many have ran to Islam out of the Islamic persecution thinking they will be spared. If only they know what awaits them beyond the grave.

It's laughable for you a Muslim to quote that passage. It calls Jesus the son of God. Doesn't allah deny that Jesus is not his son? Or is allah not your god again.

Malam Abdool, no one is stopping him from living his life. If you have noticed. You guys are the ones who won't let Christians live. The Muslims are after Christians, the Atheists are after Christians.
Left for me, you don't exists.

O, I pray for him alright. I pray that he In truth encounters the Real Jesus Christ of Nazareth so that he will know the difference.
But,sorry to disappoint you if you think I will tolerate his idiocy.

Yet you're the one expressing different shades of idiocy here.

1. I am not a Muslim. Yet you have concluded that I'm a muslim just because I compared Christianity, Islam and Judaism??

2. You've been jumping into conclusions erratically and erroneously I'm afraid you might end up jumping into a ditch.

3. Have you ever heard of the Fruit of the Spirit?
Cos you are manifesting the direct opposite.

4. Calling someone an idiot (fool) according to Jesus makes you hellbound. So for a professing Christian you should be very afraid that Jesus has condemned you to hell already.

5. You have not contributed any value to the topic of this thread but as typical of people with low IQ you have resorted to mud-slinging and cheap rhetoric that only magnify your lack of any valuable opinion or idea.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Karleb(m): 10:06pm On Aug 06, 2021
Anas09:

What a senseless comparison.
Christians are killed in Afghanistan for being Christians, what do the Atheists face in Nigeria?

Why some of una just dey stupid like this?

Young man, if you lack courtesy then do yourself a favor and stop commenting on public matters.

Why don't you tell your friends, well wishers, family and colleagues you don't believe in God and see their reactions.

3 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by bukhety(f): 4:04am On Aug 07, 2021
Pelecius:

Thank you o
I don't know what is hard in understanding simple terms such as that.
You jw?
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 6:31am On Aug 07, 2021
Karleb:

Why some of una just dey stupid like this?

Young man, if you lack courtesy then do yourself a favor and stop commenting on public matters.

Why don't you tell your friends, well wishers, family and colleagues you don't believe in God and see their reactions.
lol. abeg leave him jare. they talk without thinking
muslims hate Atheists even more than Christians. i am not going to claim we suffer much though. the major reason why christians are still hated in the middle east is not because of their faith, it is because the religion is associated with america and they hate america even more than the devil.

3 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 6:38am On Aug 07, 2021
Myer:

Yet you're the one expressing different shades of idiocy here.

1. I am not a Muslim. Yet you have concluded that I'm a muslim just because I compared Christianity, Islam and Judaism??

2. You've been jumping into conclusions erratically and erroneously I'm afraid you might end up jumping into a ditch.

3. Have you ever heard of the Fruit of the Spirit?
Cos you are manifesting the direct opposite.

4. Calling someone an idiot (fool) according to Jesus makes you hellbound. So for a professing Christian you should be very afraid that Jesus has condemned you to hell already.

5. You have not contributed any value to the topic of this thread but as typical of people with low IQ you have resorted to mud-slinging and cheap rhetoric that only magnify your lack of any valuable opinion or idea.
it is just too hard for some people to even pretend to be christians. i laugh at a lot of people who claim i was not a christian and yet they lie, they curse. as a christian i could not ever call anyone unsavoury names. infact i would say losing my faith made me lose alot of "virtue" honestly. i am very different now, a proper "sinner" yet i see those trying to tell me what christianity is and is not and they dont even know the basics because they do not read their bible, they are not committed, they are just christian wannabes like ishilove and anas09.
by their fruits you shall know them.

4 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Uyi168: 9:02am On Aug 07, 2021
Anas09:

He is on point. The problem is, you are too proud to admit you are wrong. But, shd I be surprised? No.
Where this one crawl out from
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Image123(m): 9:08am On Aug 07, 2021
HardMirror:

it is just too hard for some people to even pretend to be christians. i laugh at a lot of people who claim i was not a christian and yet they lie, they curse. as a christian i could not ever call anyone unsavoury names. infact i would say losing my faith made me lose alot of "virtue" honestly. i am very different now, a proper "sinner" yet i see those trying to tell me what christianity is and is not and they dont even know the basics because they do not read their bible, they are not committed, they are just christian wannabes like ishilove and anas09.
by their fruits you shall know them.

Lol, so you conveniently agree that there are "wannabes"? It suits your narrative, right. Be deceiving yourself and gullible people.

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Image123(m): 9:13am On Aug 07, 2021
HardMirror:

lol. abeg leave him jare. they talk without thinking
muslims hate Atheists even more than Christians. i am not going to claim we suffer much though. the major reason why christians are still hated in the middle east is not because of their faith, it is because the religion is associated with america and they hate america even more than the devil.

You're not going to be killed but pitied for being an atheist. If you go to extremist places, the same fate that awaits the Christians will be accorded to you. Your close friends and relatives will wisely keep their social distance though. Ultimate biblical folly can be highly contagious so i don't blame them. Ask Achan and Joshua.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Does Allah Love Pigs? / The Mystery Of The Tower Of Babel / Why Are People Leaving Christianity In Huge Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.