Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! (3608 Views)

Who Was The First Human To Celebrate Jesus? / Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? / Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 9:21am On Aug 07, 2021
Image123:

Lol, so you conveniently agree that there are "wannabes"? It suits your narrative, right. Be deceiving yourself and gullible people.
of cos there are wannabes. but the question i have been asking is there anything like an Atheist wannabe that also does not believe in god? simple. he claimed it is possible not to believe in god and yet be an atheist wannabe. his statement is contraictory. the only way an atheist wannabe can exist is for that atheist to actually believe in god but pretending to be an atheist. on the other hand the word christian means you are living christ like. so a christian wannabe can exist. even the all the christians posting here agree that fake christians exist. but it is impossible for a fake atheist to exist if that atheist actually does not believe in any god. shey una no go school ni that i have to be explaining so much something so basic?
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Image123(m): 9:24am On Aug 07, 2021
HardMirror:
of cos there are wannabes. but the question i have been asking is there anything like an Atheist wannabe that also does not believe in god? simple. he claimed it is possible not to believe in god and yet be an atheist wannabe. his statement is contraictory. the only way an atheist wannabe can exist is for that atheist to actually believe in god but pretending to be an atheist. on the other hand the word christian means you are living christ like. so a christian wannabe can exist. even the all the christians posting here agree that fake christians exist. but it is impossible for a fake atheist to exist if that atheist actually does not believe in any god. shey una no go school ni that i have to be explaining so much something so basic?

You're the one that refused to understand his basic point which is similar to yours. There are many people forming atheism that simply don't want God to exist. It will crumble their world and fears for God to exist.

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 9:35am On Aug 07, 2021
Image123:

You're the one that refused to understand his basic point which is similar to yours. There are many people forming atheism that simply don't want God to exist. It will crumble their world and fears for God to exist.
chai! how is it similar? he said atheists who dont believe in god can actually be atheist wannabes. i am saying it is impossible for someone who does not believe in anygod to be an athies wannabe. these are polar points. not same in any way.
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by A001: 9:37am On Aug 07, 2021
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Ishilove: 9:38am On Aug 07, 2021
HardMirror:

it is just too hard for some people to even pretend to be christians. i laugh at a lot of people who claim i was not a christian and yet they lie, they curse. as a christian i could not ever call anyone unsavoury names. infact i would say losing my faith made me lose alot of "virtue" honestly. i am very different now, a proper "sinner" yet i see those trying to tell me what christianity is and is not and they dont even know the basics because they do not read their bible, they are not committed, they are just christian wannabes like ishilove and anas09.
by their fruits you shall know them.
Ogbeni, leave English and counter Pelecious's points.

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 9:42am On Aug 07, 2021
Ishilove:

Ogbeni, leave English and counter Pelecious's points.
i can only counter points if any was made. show me one single point he made and i promise i would counter it. if you can show me more than one, i promise i would counter them all. just copy the so called point he made and mention me

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Ishilove: 9:48am On Aug 07, 2021
HardMirror:
i can only counter points if any was made. show me one single point he made and i promise i would counter it. if you can show me more than one, i promise i would counter them all. just copy the so called point he made and mention me
You are a lost cause.
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Anas09: 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2021
Uyi168:
Where this one crawl out from
From under your mama's behind
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Anas09: 1:47pm On Aug 07, 2021
HardMirror:

it is just too hard for some people to even pretend to be christians. i laugh at a lot of people who claim i was not a christian and yet they lie, they curse. as a christian i could not ever call anyone unsavoury names. infact i would say losing my faith made me lose alot of "virtue" honestly. i am very different now, a proper "sinner" yet i see those trying to tell me what christianity is and is not and they dont even know the basics because they do not read their bible, they are not committed, they are just christian wannabes like ishilove and anas09.
by their fruits you shall know them.
Hardmirror, let my wannabeness not keep you from tackling Pelecious.

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Anas09: 1:52pm On Aug 07, 2021
Pelecius:
I wonder how wannabe atheists enjoy self delusion, like the ones stated by op. I think it makes them feel good and "intellectually" fulfilled.

Most times, wannabe atheists objections are outright straw man. Let's consider his points.

1. Emotion is part of every human. Being a religious person (I'll argue for Christianity henceforth) does not make you more emotional than an atheist. First point.
Secondly, it is not a MUST that you listen to gospel songs. And gospel songs don't ONLY talk of emotional stuff. You are assuming too much here. And most movies don't end in tragedy, gospel movies included. Or are you implying that movies where good overcome evils are gospel?
The reality of being a sinner is not to appeal to anyone's emotion. The saving grace of Christ is evident as hard criminals turn to peaceful and loving people.
If you are not happy with it, it doesn't make you right. On the other hand, you seem to have just expressed your own emotions (maybe to make you feel good)

2. To hope also is universal, whether an atheist or a theist. Just that what one hopes on differs.
Again, you've stated two behaviors of humans generally, but tried to use it in disparaging religion.
Your "hoping on the impossible" is a straw man for the Christian faith. There's the instructions for WORK + faith and that of WATCH + pray. Most wannabe atheists set up straw man to attack. So a Christian does not hope while doing nothing just as a scientist does not hope to get results without experiments.

3. Like you already stated, having a family or urge to belong to a family is also universal. Now, your last statement of wanting an apostate to leave miserably is unfounded claim. It's just in your head. In fact, it's not a Christian thing to do.

4. Irresponsibility
This is where you just merely expressed your emotions. Your very first statement is another unfounded claim. You went on to prove it by other unfounded claims.
Seems that your ignorance of what Christianity teaches is just overwhelming and you must of think that Christianity is limited to Nigerian culture where evil forces are the order of the day.
Pick a Bible and study, it'll save you these unfounded claims you bring up.

5. Appeal to Authority.
You seem to write this to justify your alleged atheism. Using the Bible truths to train up children is not wrong, except you show otherwise. It definitely contains moral absolutes with which we can build a sane society (most atheistic influence nations actually built their morals on religion, and I'm not saying atheists can't be moral - though, there's no justification for that).
Your claim that atheist must work to earn his respect is even a Biblical principle also (Prov 24:22).

6. No need to think?
This is where you got it all wrong. You just don't know what Christianity teaches, so you invent one to make yourself look sophisticated.
The Bible encourages critical thinking and it was this that led to the rise of modern science (I believe you were not expecting this). Scriptures include:
A. Test things and hold on to what's true. 1 Thess 5:21
B. Only fools believe just anything. Prov 24:15
C. The Berean Christians checked what Paul said to see if it's correct. Acts 17:11
And other scriptures.

It turns out that wannabe atheists enjoy some delusions to feel good of their rebellion against God by cooking up what Christianity does not teach and rubbishing it. A simple logical fallacy called straw man.
But those are easily knocked down (then they mostly shift ground to bring up another topic without acknowledging being wrong).
Just as the scripture says:
The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him. Prov 18 vs 17
Hardmirror the brokenmirror claimed there's no point in this post to counter apart from Wannabe
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Ishilove: 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
Anas09:

Hardmirror, let my wannabeness not keep you from tackling Pelecious.
He said Pelecious did not make any sense. Wo, leave him. He is a lost cause
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Ishilove: 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
Anas09:

Hardmirror the brokenmirror claimed there's no point in this post to counter apart from Wannabe
He is a wannabe atheist true true cheesy
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Ishilove: 2:28pm On Aug 07, 2021
I see Joshkid viewing. It's been a looooong time cheesy
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:41pm On Aug 07, 2021
Truly Jesus is the Most Wonderful Counselor who ever walked this planet! Isaiah 9:6 smiley

Before he came some 2000 years back Moses prophesied that God will raise another great prophet among the Israelites {Deuteronomy 18:15-19} David foretold that he will sit beside God's throne to rule in the presence of his enemies and makes his enemies a stool for Jesus' feet {Psalms 110:1} Malachi foretold that this promised prophet will set the standard for worship that will make people feel satisfied {Malachi 3:16} Jesus himself said whoever keeps his words will become happy for keeping it {Matthew 7:24-27; Luke 11:28} and at last Jesus commissioned pure worship asking his true followers that they need to be fully competent and completely equipped in other to face the final battle on this planet which is a psychological war! Matthew 28:19-20

You are an atheist and you believe everyone should be entitled to his or her opinion, but what really baffles me is that you always engage yourself in PREACHING and TEACHING here trying to convince others on what you feel they should be doing!

Can't you see how Jesus is ruling you without you even knowing it?
Jesus asked his true followers to PREACH but you said "NO, Jesus is a myth" but here you are always PREACHING all day long without anyone giving you orders!

Haba, must everyone agree with you on what you feel is right?
Then what else do you think Christians are supposed to be doing if not to convince others and make them agree on the same line of thought? Matthew 4:19 undecided

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm truly Jesus is a mighty God! smiley
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Image123(m): 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2021
HardMirror:
chai! how is it similar? he said atheists who dont believe in god can actually be atheist wannabes. i am saying it is impossible for someone who does not believe in anygod to be an athies wannabe. these are polar points. not same in any way.

Yes, someone who does not believe in any god, right? Unfortunately, the most "someones" we find on NL are really people who do not want God to exist. They gleefully believe in anything else but God. They confess to Zeus, Spaghetti and all sort of irrational thoughts. There's a lot of crazy straddling going on, it would have being comic if it wasn't so pathetic. All these teenagers that run mouth on intelligence simply because they entered school, they hardly know anything on atheism than copy and paste. Having violent fits against God is not necessarily atheism, it is more of agnosticism and some of these new rubbish like reed keeps shifting from.

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Joshkid(m): 7:15pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ishilove:
I see Joshkid viewing. It's been a looooong time cheesy
wow... I'm so glad to know someone actually noticed my presence... It's quite good to be back here!
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Ishilove: 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2021
Joshkid:
wow... I'm so glad to know someone actually noticed my presence... It's quite good to be back here!
Where have you been?
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by HardMirror(m): 7:27pm On Aug 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Truly Jesus is the Most Wonderful Counselor who ever walked this planet! Isaiah 9:6 smiley

Before he came some 2000 years back Moses prophesied that God will raise another great prophet among the Israelites {Deuteronomy 18:15-19} David foretold that he will sit beside God's throne to rule in the presence of his enemies and makes his enemies a stool for Jesus' feet {Psalms 110:1} Malachi foretold that this promised prophet will set the standard for worship that will make people feel satisfied {Malachi 3:16} Jesus himself said whoever keeps his words will become happy for keeping it {Matthew 7:24-27; Luke 11:28} and at last Jesus commissioned pure worship asking his true followers that they need to be fully competent and completely equipped in other to face the final battle on this planet which is a psychological war! Matthew 28:19-20

You are an atheist and you believe everyone should be entitled to his or her opinion, but what really baffles me is that you always engage yourself in PREACHING and TEACHING here trying to convince others on what you feel they should be doing!

Jesus asked his true followers to PREACH but you said "NO, Jesus is a myth" but here you are always PREACHING all day long without anyone giving you orders!

Then what else do you think Christians are supposed to be doing if not to convince others and make them agree on the same line of thought? Matthew 4:19 undecided

so true sir, evryone is entitles to their belief except when it conflicts with the fundamental rights of others. i am on the attack against religion (christianity in particular) because i found it to be a very very dangerous religion. in my opinion, the most dangerous religion. reason is this religion is filled with so many claims it cannot substantiate. it is an embodiment of what is wrong with our world.

2 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Anas09: 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2021
Ishilove:

He said Pelecious did not make any sense. Wo, leave him. He is a lost cause
Him meet him March. Him run from this thread go litre the place with other senseless threads.
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:00pm On Aug 07, 2021
HardMirror:
so true sir, evryone is entitles to their belief except when it conflicts with the fundamental rights of others. i am on the attack against religion (christianity in particular) because i found it to be a very very dangerous religion. in my opinion, the most dangerous religion. reason is this religion is filled with so many claims it cannot substantiate. it is an embodiment of what is wrong with our world.

Well let me tell you that you're wrong!

I was a Muslim before i embraced Christianity, if you're taking all the sects claiming Christians as Christians then you will be blind to the truth!
I once read what Mahatma Gandhi said about Jesus and Christianity, that's what led me to start making my own research to find out who are the true Christians?
What called my attention in your write-up is your mention of "GROUP", since you understand that there must be a specific group PRACTICING what the man Jesus taught!

Well there is a specific group today practicing what Jesus taught, they're totally different from all these sects claiming Christians having contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines all in the name of one Jesus!

True Christians have the same line of thought globally and apart from the imperfect state of individuals throughout the earth true followers of Christ are guiltless and you can not find anything to say against them unless you just want to be hypocritical!
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by 22jumpstreet: 8:44pm On Aug 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

He is just a creation of the Greeco/Roman empire...

God is the universal consciousness....not a Jewish man up in the sky..

Comprende??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by 22jumpstreet: 8:50pm On Aug 07, 2021
Righteousness exalts a nation.

It is because of people like MaxInDHouse that God is punishing all of us with bad leaders. You can't be practicing idolatry and expert God to bless and prosper us....

Until the day we realize that Jesus is an idol and desist from even mentioning his name. Then God will start listening to our prayers...and maybe send us a saviour that will deliver our land..

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Uyi168: 9:13pm On Aug 07, 2021
Anas09:

From under your mama's behind
As usual, no sense.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:19pm On Aug 07, 2021
My God differs from yours so keep yours while i keep mine! smiley
22jumpstreet:

He is just a creation of the Greeco/Roman empire...
God is the universal consciousness....not a Jewish man up in the sky..
Comprende??
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:26pm On Aug 07, 2021
You and i never agreed on anything because you have your God, i have mine so there's no need calling people out after all you kicked against GROUP arrangement where we can all come together to agree on terms and conditions of worship! cheesy

22jumpstreet:
Righteousness exalts a nation. It is because of people like MaxInDHouse that God is punishing all of us with bad leaders. You can't be practicing idolatry and expert God to bless and prosper us....Until the day we realize that Jesus is an idol and desist from even mentioning his name. Then God will start listening to our prayers...and maybe send us a saviour that will deliver our land..
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by 22jumpstreet: 9:31pm On Aug 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
My God differs from yours so keep yours while i keep mine! smiley

But God is punishing all of us because of your actions...and your likes...

I have to condemn your actions...
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by Anas09: 9:32pm On Aug 07, 2021
Uyi168:
As usual, no sense.
grin
Gerarahia boy
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by 22jumpstreet: 9:32pm On Aug 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You and i never agreed on anything because you have your God, i have mine so there's no need calling people out after all you kicked against GROUP arrangement where we can all come together to agree on terms and conditions of worship! cheesy

I have asked you what you propose...you kept mute.

What are your terms and conditions..?
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:39pm On Aug 07, 2021
EXTREMIST alert! embarassed
That's exactly why Boko Haram are killing people o!
Can't your stupid god do it's work without me? smiley

22jumpstreet:

But God is punishing all of us because of your actions...and your likes...I have to condemn your actions...
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:42pm On Aug 07, 2021
As long as you keep kicking against grouping idea then each individual will have to face his or her own god, terms and conditions connotes a necessity for grouping! smiley

22jumpstreet:

I have asked you what you propose...you kept mute.What are your terms and conditions..?
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by 22jumpstreet: 9:54pm On Aug 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
As long as you keep kicking against grouping idea then each individual will have to face his or her own god, terms and conditions connotes a necessity for grouping! smiley

Take a moment to think of it...do we need to be in a group before we respect our parents and elders...?

I don't really know your fixation on belonging to a Cult or group.

It is just for us to know how to act and behave from day to day....
It won't take you a whole year to learn God laws..
I really don't see the benefits..
Re: Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! by 22jumpstreet: 9:58pm On Aug 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
EXTREMIST alert! embarassed
That's exactly why Boko Haram are killing people o!
Can't your stupid god do it's work without me? smiley

Continue insulting your creator..When your time comes he will judge you...

I won't do that for him..

Just continue..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

$35 Million Money Laundering: Efcc May Arrest Pastor Oyakhilome And Others / Photos Of Praying Mood In Both Islam And Christian Religion.. / Churchless Christianity: A Move Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.