Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... (36559 Views)

Man Fries Garri Wearing Suit To Protest High Level Of Unemployment In Nigeria / High Rate Of Unemployment: My Opinion. / Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 09, 2021
Joysticks:
MMM Scammer
no scammer will ever give you proof of identification and I give 5% daily
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 09, 2021
And all scammers can be exposed and arrested if reported
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 09, 2021
It's not a Ponzi scheme the money is use to trade the foreign exchange market for profit which is guaranteed everyday returns
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:27am On Aug 09, 2021
[quote author=1F30M4 post=104562003]If you can relocate, please do, if not for anything but for your sanity.[/quote

Get out of Lagos completely for your sanity
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by ScotDan: 10:27am On Aug 09, 2021
God that did your own will do mine soon in Jesus name. Amen

I will share my own testimonies soon as God liveth.
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by Fistop: 10:35am On Aug 09, 2021
yuping:
Hmmmm, better relocate, Ijaye traffic, Abule Egba Traffic, Iyana Ipaja, Hold up, Cement Traffic, PWD Traffic, Bolade Oshodi Traffic, Toyota Traffic, Isolo Hold up, first rainbow traffic, mile 2itself is no go area especially with containers my guy you just subscribe to suffer, hope you don't sleep much your waking hour is now officially 4am, just pray the train work so as to board train from songo to Oshodi.

You don do conductor before? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by seyz91(m): 10:38am On Aug 09, 2021
cheesy
arthurwillia:

Lol na travel be this one, ogun state to Lagos state, infact if oshodi traffic jam no finish you ehn

Best thing is to find somewhere close ooo

1 Like

Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by seyz91(m): 10:39am On Aug 09, 2021
cheesy
yuping:
Hmmmm, better relocate, Ijaye traffic, Abule Egba Traffic, Iyana Ipaja, Hold up, Cement Traffic, PWD Traffic, Bolade Oshodi Traffic, Toyota Traffic, Isolo Hold up, first rainbow traffic, mile 2itself is no go area especially with containers my guy you just subscribe to suffer, hope you don't sleep much your waking hour is now officially 4am, just pray the train work so as to board train from songo to Oshodi.
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by seyz91(m): 10:39am On Aug 09, 2021
cheesy
Ishilove:
If you can't relocate, forget about the job because you will die before your time.
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by sammieguze(m): 10:43am On Aug 09, 2021
in the meantime, take the rail to oshodi from sango every day until you can get accommodation nearby once you are settled and havesome money. cele, ilasa, mushin are quite close and somewhat affordable
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by ossaiii: 10:44am On Aug 09, 2021
I tap in from this grace...... It's my turn to testify of my new job in Jesus Might Name, Amen.

YourBestWriter:
The distance from sango to mile 2 everyday is beyond my pocket.
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by theenchanter: 10:53am On Aug 09, 2021
ignis:
Tell them to switch you to security man in the company on constant night and day shift... Bargain for double salary since you will be working night and day.
This way, you will automatically have free accommodation and double salary with no expenses on transportation.

Thank me later.

They will not teach you this common sense and wisdom in your ach.
oga, u be werey o. grin

I read ur post like 4times and I laughed all through, the last part is specifically funny. grin
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 09, 2021
I am sure it’s an entry level job in a one-man business.
If you can’t find a place to be staying which is that’s closer to Mile 2, you are bound to crash out soonest. You can look for friends or family friends that you can be staying with just to test-run the work itself to know if it’s for you.

Even those that you hear or see have been going from Sango to farther Lagos areas for years are not finding it easy at all.

It tells so much on your health and general well-being. You would always love to see Friday and hate to see Monday.

Think about your mental health first. The stress level could affect your fertility rate also. So if you are already married, consider your family too and your ‘duties’ to your wife or else you will be full of excuses when it’s time to resume for home duties too.

I live in Maryland and recently got a high-paying job at Mile 2-Coconut axis. I turned it down. It is constant, traffic is already waiting for you at Cele Bus stop as early as 6am.

A colleague who lives in Agege and works in Ajah doesn’t get home until 11pm once he lives home at 4:30am. He nearly died recently because he couldn’t take his scheduled medication due to many ailments that the stress of commuting has caused for him.

7 Likes

Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by Minjim: 11:02am On Aug 09, 2021
YourBestWriter:

Better find someone to live with in Lagos.
Preferably Festac
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by calcal: 11:06am On Aug 09, 2021
MzBertty:
What company did u get d job ar

O boy, don't tell anyone
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by bukatyne(f): 11:28am On Aug 09, 2021
donaldwhal:
If you can’t find a place to be staying which is that’s closer to Mile 2, you are bound to crash out soonest. You can look for friends or family friends that you can be staying with just to test-run the work itself to know if it’s for you.

Even those that you hear or see have been going from Sango to farther Lagos areas for years are not finding it easy at all.

It tells so much on your health and general well-being. You would always love to see Friday and hate to see Monday.

Think about your mental health first. The stress level could affect your fertility rate also. So if you are already married, consider your family too and your ‘duties’ to your wife or else you will be full of excuses when it’s time to resume for home duties too.

I live in Maryland and recently got a high-paying job at Mile 2-Coconut axis. I turned it down. It is constant, traffic is already waiting for you at Cele Bus stop as early as 6am.

A colleague who lives in Agege and works in Ajah doesn’t get home until 11pm once he lives home at 4:30am. He nearly died recently because he couldn’t take his scheduled medication due to many ailments that the stress of commuting has caused for him.

@bold:

This is what they don't get.

1 Like

Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by rosalieene(f): 11:45am On Aug 09, 2021
Get an apartment around Iba/Ojo, Rent is quite fair there compared to other parts of Lagos.
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by KallmemrB0: 11:47am On Aug 09, 2021
Karleb:
I don't know how far mile 2 is but you can get a bus from Sango to most bust stops in Lagos for #300, you also need to leave work as early as possible.

If you have access to loan, borrow and rent house somewhere close.

I will not advise you quit your job because of the distance. By the time hunger knack you, you'd start to regret.
if you know mile 2 you would advice otherwise because am sure he will quit before months end... Waking up by 4 and returning by 12 daily no be life at all....
I just pray the salary is worth it to rent a room

2 Likes

Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by KallmemrB0: 11:49am On Aug 09, 2021
donaldwhal:

walahi you sabi the road..... From jakande isolo to Apapa daily I almost died of stress
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by Kayodeblaze(m): 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2021
YourBestWriter:
I was once a victim....employed as a ticketer for those blue bet then. From Ifo to Mile 12. Apart from the tfare, I normally reached home late..past 2am in the morning. Eating my dinner inside danfo every day and looking tatterd. I thought I was working not knowing I was suffering. Thanks to the good friends around me. I resign the night our bus was stuck in between the custom officials and the smugglers (fayawo) shooting like hollywood while we parked and watch for midnight. Thier jersey is still in my room.to show my grandchildren. There's difference between working and struggling and suffering

2 Likes

Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by ablemachine(m): 12:17pm On Aug 09, 2021
After so many years of freedom, you got enslaved
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by ikorodureporta: 12:19pm On Aug 09, 2021
yuping:
To wake up 4am still good na...for this end na when we dey leave house
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by A9magic(m): 12:20pm On Aug 09, 2021
There are few casual company jobs that pay 50k here is Sango ,e.g Veepee groups of companies .The downside is the work is mostly strenous and 12 hours(7 to 7) plus you have to be ready to tolerate insults from Indians superiors ! If you are down for this ,start making inquiries and with a bribe of 15k,the contractors will get you the job.with the rate of inflation ,even someone living in Sango find it hard to save beyond15k monthly let alone in lagos

1 Like

Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by SchoolGate: 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2021
Ishilove:
If you can't relocate, forget about the job because you will die before your time.

Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by StreetPreacher: 12:29pm On Aug 09, 2021
YourBestWriter:
Don't let the job go. Don't spend too much on transport fare either. relocate!
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by lilachiever(m): 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2021
Jilingori:
You can reach me on my Gmail let's see what possible solution we can I live in ojo 300 will take you to mile 2 from ojo.

akanbiade40@gmail.com

150 with bus, 300 with bike.

Bike from Ojo to Mile 2 is less than 20mins journey. Bus is about 30-35mins.
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by SchoolGate: 12:35pm On Aug 09, 2021
SimplyFacts:
There are lots of people who go to work in Lag from Sango & its axis. I hope the salary is worth it.
Its very easy to move from that location to Lagos. Very early in the morning take a bus to abgayo (I forgot the spelling) the train station and join the train to mainland. Very easy cool
But if you don't know how to move you might end up spending 10times the actual transport money grin
You can even attach to the train for free
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 09, 2021
SchoolGate:

Its very easy to move from that location to Lagos. Very early in the morning take a bus to abgayo (I forgot the spelling) the train station and join the train to mainland. Very easy cool

Ogba ayo, you meant? @bolded.
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by SchoolGate: 12:39pm On Aug 09, 2021
SimplyFacts:

Ogba ayo, you meant? @bolded.
Yes. You can trek to the train station from there
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2021
SchoolGate:

Yes. You can trek to the train station from there

OK, thanks.
I know Ogba ayo very well. I can even get there via Onihale (for people who live along Ifo road.)
Re: After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... by zexy2030(m): 2:03pm On Aug 09, 2021
Ishilove:

Ishi u r sounding so caring...I'm beginning to fall in love..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The New Senseless Job Requirements In Nigeria (picture) / BUA Group Massive Recruitment 2017 / An Accountant Lost His Job, See Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.