Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. (35220 Views)

I've Had 170 Children And I'm Not Going To Stop - British Man / UPDATE: I've Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother / The Most Touching Post On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by pansophist(m): 11:09pm On Aug 13, 2021
As for your number two, such people that treats maid like subhumans are the definition of stupid people. The maid is someone that has access to your food, the inner workings of the home, and can actually kill off the family if he/she wishes. Only an idiot will treat someone that they are vulnerable to bad.

Also, the law of human nature dictates that you cannot give what you do not have. If the maid while growing up experienced only pain, suffering and was made to feel low, you can bet that it would be only what he/she has to offer. They will become susceptible to outside influences, and will not hesitate to unleash mayhem in the home, even with a promise of hope. Happens a lot. Common sense is not common afterall.

8 Likes

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Theoutsider: 11:11pm On Aug 13, 2021
Brainard22:
Beta person

You truly do not understand what a beta is? Even Genghis Khan treated his own with respect.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by karli4nia(m): 11:11pm On Aug 13, 2021
SeaTrade:
Have been very busy all through today trying to fix some things,

So after all that ,decided to go to coldstone to grab some ice cream to calm my head.
Seated inside,wasn't so pleased while I was having it because I saw a lot of things I don't like.

1) Parents pampering unruly children. If you carry that behaviour come close to me I will give you a stern warning infront of your parents regardless the outcome.

2) Treating maids like subhumans. Nigerians are very fond of this, like it's so easy to spot the maid amongst them because usually they cloth them in rags,their hair always turn to baobab tree under their watch whereas their kids always look fly and fresh,they are being talked to so rudely and with so much authority whereas their kids who might probably amount to nothing in life are always spoon-fed and get the best treatments,seated at different tables even though they came together, atleast the one I see today them try buy am ice cream sha undecided

Anyways,got uncomfortable with the whole environment and left.

Got to my car,a kid (10-12yrs)approached me and asked me for food money or something ,didn't respond as I usually never do cos I really don't like begging ,but then as I was about to leave ,I asked the boy why he doesn't get a small job instead rather than beg?
His response shocked me till now.
He told me if I could buy him a box of pure water to sell,that I will not see him there again begging.

Was dumbfounded as I didn't expect that kind of a response from him considering his age and also I thought he was one of those career beggars.

I wanted to give him cash but didn’t have any,I told him I will come back,and left.
Now I wanted to go and withdraw and give him cash but on a second thought, I said why don't I go and get him those wares instead rather than hand him cash?Atleast he will have to work to sell them off to generate cash from it ,which will teach him some principles of money atleast.

Went to the closest store, bought Ten 12bottles/pack bottled water ,load up and head back there.

Looked for him a bit around and later found him sitting helplessly,hopelessly,aimlessly on a culvert looking very frustrated mehn,probably thought I won't come back.That thought still never commot from my head like this.
Anyways,handed them over to him,advised and encouraged him a little,asked how he was gonna refrigerate them?

He said there are some abokis in his street that can do that for him and he will pay them small money.
Asked how he was gonna sell?He said he will take them to pleasure park tomorrow to sell.Was impressed at his sharpness tbh..he had answers to all I was asking even though he was shivering a bit cos he was intimidated or something.

Wished him well,help carry them close to the road,before I could turn to head home ,he had already moved them to the median of the road and I think I saw him counting the bottles or so ,couldn't figure as I passed fast,
Reached a turn,turned again to go add his inventory but dude was already gone.Damn!
Anyways make we dey see...just make we dey see.

I think Nigerian Parents, the church and religion are the reason why children are still experiencing this kind of suffering at this point in humanity.

Felt really bad today mehn,really bad.
It's to be selecting the ones that want to hustle from them and help and leave the career beggars alone .

Children only,no old person.

Your actions were laudable.

But I am sure not many here know that you still have a conglomerate of demons fighting for supremacy in your head..
I am sorry if this sounds gross, but I had to be frank with you.. Don't get too comfortable with your sense of self.. It's a scam!

Learn to be merciless with yourself..
The journey is a long and bitter one..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by SmartyPants(m): 11:11pm On Aug 13, 2021
Adaanna:
Chai!! God bless you abundantly Amen.

The way some people are treating their maids it's so bad. If you can't treat them like your own why bring them to suffer/punish them?

I always tell people around me to treat people well [s]because you don't know the head that will wear the crown tomorrow[/s].
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by ComrdDRS1: 11:11pm On Aug 13, 2021
Church and religion........ Una de subconsciously fear Muslim oooooooo.....
Is the boy a Christian? ..... No.... probably
But why church and religion there....... it would have been better Church and Islam........
Anyway na for church una dey turn activists and criticizers....

2 Likes

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by akpota(m): 11:19pm On Aug 13, 2021
SeaTrade:
No such thing as child labour for a child that is already in the streets.
It will be better for him to learn the principles of life and money early while he still has time and is in a difficult spot with probable blurry means to reach goals.
All these child labour talks are for people of means.
I know all these because I started working under my parents too very early and I know what it thought me,still reaping the benefits till date.
Way better,more honourable than begging .
Well said boss.
My dad then would give me transport and weekly allowance for school for a week. It help me knew how to manage funds easily

2 Likes

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by crafteck(m): 11:20pm On Aug 13, 2021
Limassol:
by that defination only the fortunate 1% will archive that, as for the rest it's a cicle of living hand to mouth.

Have you wondered why people do menial jobs outside d country and they are not too tempted to enter crime? They have a system where hardwork = more funds

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by SeriouslySense(m): 11:20pm On Aug 13, 2021
smiley smiley

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by micflo28(m): 11:21pm On Aug 13, 2021
Don't wait to be a billionaire before you help a child so that we don't make them feel the society is filled with unhelpful adults. That money you want to spend in a club or hotel, spare it to pay the waec fee for a kid, buy menstrual pads and go share in a secondary school, buy pairs of shoes for a child better and give. I look forward to a society where we stand by each other and lift each other.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by PaNnamdi: 11:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
CountVersailles:

"Ice cream's high sugar content is similarly bad for your heart health – since consuming too much sugar is associated with a higher risk of contracting cardiovascular disease (CVD)."

https://futureyouhealth.com/knowledge-centre/ice-cream-heart-health
What about beer,is it good for my health

PaNnamdi is angry.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by thecommunist(m): 11:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
SeaTrade:
Oh I see,can you please make onugbu soup for me so atleast to clear all the sugar in my system?please? cry
..and so begins the love story.

1 Like

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by thecommunist(m): 11:25pm On Aug 13, 2021
pocohantas:
If not that Nigeria is a shithole, you won’t be caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. In the process of ensuring you do not encourage career begging, you aided another criminal offence, CHILD LABOUR. I am sure that child is under 18 and has no business selling water (or anything at all) in traffic. You did your best, you are not the government or his parents.
in truth, child labor is an offence, but in Nigeria today, I'd rather have a child work than beg. The government just put up laws without creating enabling environment to abide by the law.

1 Like

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by DAMN99: 11:26pm On Aug 13, 2021
That maid matter dey always trigger me, like can't you treat your fellow human well even he/she is a maid?
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by thecommunist(m): 11:27pm On Aug 13, 2021
Fountainofyouth:
I'd rather you locate the boy's parents and offer to sponsor his schooling up to tertiary education, that would be putting a good use of your seatrade money, don't you think so, my Christian brother
the parent would probably spend the money to take care of immediate needs thus returning all of them including the boy to square one.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Hassanmaye(m): 11:28pm On Aug 13, 2021
chatinent:
Those career beggars have made the real ones unfortunate.

Today, I dey complain say I never chop morning food na so one boy come drag my top say “brother please give me money, I never chop since yesterday (x2)”. I focused my spirit to ignore him until he repeated it again; I nearly broke his spinal cord if my hand touched him. This is sb I saw eating rice with about three pieces of meat while I was coming. He was the one who made me more hungry.
Do you give him the money he requested
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Hassanmaye(m): 11:34pm On Aug 13, 2021
ethicallyright:

That was a benevolent gesture, Master. "It's better to teach a beggar how to fish than to give him fish", they say.

I had the privilege of having the 200,000 naira+ per term secondary education until 2014. We had domestic workers successively since I was a baby and they all attended public schools.

But I realized, in a little more than one decade, facts regarding "house helps". Their parents send them to cities so they can feed. They inform them before giving them out as juvenile slaves that their bosses will not treat them like their own kids. They know what the reality is and that's where a boundary is drawn.

My parents would sew new uniforms, buy textbooks and school bags for our house help at the beginning of each session just like they did for us. Her mother usually visited during planting seasons with home-processed garri, maize, pears and other crops harvested through their subsistence agricultural system. She could even stay with her for days in her room. My father would give her reasonable funds for transport and she'd kneel with teary eyes , face the heavens and solicit for God's handsome reward upon my family.

I was so attached to our maid. I was 6 and still bed-wetting and she promised to shield me from my parents who would scold me because my younger siblings stopped the shameful act immediately they could do without diapers. She'd come around 5am in the morning to change the bedsheets and help me bathe. That's how a 14 year-old girl started molesting me.

I wanted her future to be like ours. I offered to teach her basic spelling of English words, and fundamental rules of Concord like noun and verb agreement but she'd rather I wrote love letters which she would give a boy in her class. I was still in primary school and she was in JSS3 during this period.

She cooked excess meals and returned food flasks filled to the brim to gatemen down the street. I heard my parents planning to sponsor her University education because she was " good."

When she got into SS1, she got pregnant. She opened up to my dad because my dad would not even scold her. My dad prevented my mum from giving her a mild slap. My parents arranged with her parents and paid for an abortion so that she'll further her education. After the abortion, she wasn't sent away.

She lived with us and enjoyed much freedom. The straw that broke the camel's back was a call she gave to one of her boyfriends a night we were away. It was an innocent call from her side but would later cause my parents to be ambushed and robbed that night.

Her time was up! She had to leave. Today she's not gone past SS2 and she's roasting corn by the roadside. I identified her when I passed that road.

When she came she was using tissue paper during her menstruation. My mum ensured she used pads. Tissue paper was obviously what females used in her family. The truth remains that these "house helps" become enlightened and exposed to civilization when they are sent to live with middle class families. They get opportunities they'd not ordinarily see if they lived with their parents.

What matters is how they take advantage of their exposure. My grandparents' male housemaid served them for 8 years and they included his name in a scholarship slot to a foreign country. The maid got a good job there and even invited my uncle who was a baby when he left to work in the country immediately my uncle completed his NYSC. The maid is one of the prominent men from my mother's village today.

Halita is an Africa Magic series I'll recommend if you want to understand perspectives about domestic servants. It's intriguing and captivating.
Bad boy your o
Last statement spoil market
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by faithfull18(f): 11:38pm On Aug 13, 2021
How many times?
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by jaxxy(m): 11:42pm On Aug 13, 2021
We are in a very messed up country. Now if u say why don’t the church handle this or do something about it, many will come here and say the church isn’t government. It’s not responsibility of the church.

Humanitarian services ooo. However some churches try once in a blue moon.

The parable of the Good Samaritan is Smtn we experience everyday till now. A Samaritan can be better than a jew or Pharisee.

1 Like

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by zeestone99(m): 12:04am On Aug 14, 2021
SeaTrade:

So after all that ,decided to go to coldstone to grab some ice cream to calm my head.
Seated inside,wasn't so pleased while I was having it because I saw a lot of things I don't like.

1) Parents pampering unruly children. If you carry that behaviour come close to me I will give you a stern warning infront of your parents regardless the outcome.

2) Treating maids like subhumans. Nigerians are very fond of this, like it's so easy to spot the maid amongst them because usually they cloth them in rags,their hair always turn to baobab tree under their watch whereas their kids always look fly and fresh,they are being talked to so rudely and with so much authority whereas their kids who might probably amount to nothing in life are always spoon-fed and get the best treatments,seated at different tables even though they came together, atleast the one I see today them try buy am ice cream sha undecided

Got to my car,a kid (10-12yrs)approached me and asked me for food money or something ,didn't respond as I usually never do cos I really don't like begging ,but then as I was about to leave ,I asked the boy why he doesn't get a small job instead rather than beg?
He told me if I could buy him a box of pure water to sell,that I will not see him there again begging.

Was dumbfounded as I didn't expect that kind of a response from him considering his age and also I thought he was one of those career beggars.

I wanted to give him cash but didn’t have any,I told him I will come back,and left.
Now I wanted to go and withdraw and give him cash but on a second thought, I said why don't I go and get him those wares instead rather than hand him cash?Atleast he will have to work to sell them off to generate cash from it ,which will teach him some principles of money atleast.

Went to the closest store, bought Ten 12bottles/pack bottled water ,load up and head back there.

Looked for him a bit around and later found him sitting helplessly,hopelessly,aimlessly on a culvert looking very frustrated mehn,probably thought I won't come back.That thought still never commot from my head like this.
Anyways,handed them over to him,advised and encouraged him a little,asked how he was gonna refrigerate them?

He said there are some abokis in his street that can do that for him and he will pay them small money.
Asked how he was gonna sell?He said he will take them to pleasure park tomorrow to sell.Was impressed at his sharpness tbh..he had answers to all I was asking even though he was shivering a bit cos he was intimidated or something.

Wished him well,help carry them close to the road,before I could turn to head home ,he had already moved them to the median of the road and I think I saw him counting the bottles or so ,couldn't figure as I passed fast,
Reached a turn,turned again to go add his inventory but dude was already gone.Damn!

I think Nigerian Parents, the church and religion are the reason why children are still experiencing this kind of suffering at this point in humanity.

It's to be selecting the ones that want to hustle from them and help and leave the career beggars alone .

That maid thing is the most annoying thing. You will think women love themselves. They subjugate those maids to the lowest level. Some men don't dare speak for the maid they will turn it to something else.

The underage maids is even another topic on its own. Maid of 10years, 14years and their excuse will be that's how the maid's family eat. Nonsense crap angry
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by kay29000(m): 12:11am On Aug 14, 2021
chatinent:
Those career beggars have made the real ones unfortunate.

Today, I dey complain say I never chop morning food na so one boy come drag my top say “brother please give me money, I never chop since yesterday (x2)”. I focused my spirit to ignore him until he repeated it again; I nearly broke his spinal cord if my hand touched him. This is sb I saw eating rice with about three pieces of meat while I was coming. He was the one who made me more hungry.

Lol.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Okuda(m): 12:22am On Aug 14, 2021
SeaTrade:

say everything you want to say and leave the church out of it please.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by 77star: 12:29am On Aug 14, 2021
SeaTrade:

speechless I am
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by moneyissweet(m): 12:44am On Aug 14, 2021
Op,you have been scammed. Begging work is like prostitution, Yahoo and armed robbery business. Once you enter you don enter there no going back.

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by writeprof(m): 12:49am On Aug 14, 2021
SeaTrade:

Good steps you took. However, I need more clarification on your position about the Church and religion being responsible. I'm here to learn.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Richy4(m): 12:58am On Aug 14, 2021
Magnoliaa:
I wonder how or why the picture you painted is caused by religion/the church though...?

What he meant was it was sometimes religion that discourage people doing family planning... and raising kids that they cannot cater for with the hope that God shall provide...They bring them into the world to suffer just like that the young boy and others like him..
If u read between the line, you will understand it perfectly without adding sentiment/ emotion to it.

2 Likes

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by SeaTrade(m): 1:07am On Aug 14, 2021
Richy4:

What he meant was it was sometimes religion that discourage people doing family planning... and raising kids that they cannot cater for with the hope that God shall provide...They bring them into the world to suffer just like that the young boy and others like him..
If u read between the line, you will understand it perfectly without adding sentiment/ emotion to it.
You brother,is a very smart man.
Thank you for understanding.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Richy4(m): 1:14am On Aug 14, 2021
SeaTrade:
You brother,is a very smart man.
Thank you for understanding.

Thank you for what u have done...I don't usually give likes indiscriminately on posts but I did today.. Once again Thank u smiley
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by simplesearch: 1:15am On Aug 14, 2021
.[/quote I think Nigerian Parents, the church and religion are the reason why children are still experiencing this kind of suffering at this point in humanity.

Children only,no old person.[/quote]

You try but don't go the way of emotion. Church have been feeding and lifting many since time immomerial and will continue to do so. You can attest to that during last years lockdown, how a lot of people actually survived because of the countless assistance they received from their churches while a lot of the unchurched were also not left out.
For as far as caring was concern government was simply invisible and the little they dole out were all packed safely away in different warehouses across the states by leaders who do not understand times and season.
Since not everyone diseased during the time of Jesus received their healing,some were later healed by the aopsotles.[/quote.Likewise also God has placed you at that particular point in time to bring succor to that boy and prove to him through your helping hand the existence of God, his faithfulness and his willingness to answer all our genuine heart cry for divine intervention. Thank you for letting God reveal himself to that boy through you, otherwise he could end as another notorious criminal terrorizing the neighborhood later in life. Keep up the good work and be less bothered about who else is not doing it.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by showafrica(m): 1:30am On Aug 14, 2021
pocohantas:
If not that Nigeria is a shithole, you won’t be caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. In the process of ensuring you do not encourage career begging, you aided another criminal offence, CHILD LABOUR. I am sure that child is under 18 and has no business selling water (or anything at all) in traffic. You did your best, you are not the government or his parents.

I was about to say this, I don't understand why people encourage child labour though, there was nothing much he could do. He did his best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8-year-Old Boy Marries 61-Year-Old Woman In Zimbabwe / Family! Thank You For Helping Me Pay My School Fees / Vure Kingsley Ovonix Names His Son After Zuckerberg. Met His Wife On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.