Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,194 members, 7,953,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:55 PM

Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. (35626 Views)

I've Had 170 Children And I'm Not Going To Stop - British Man / UPDATE: I've Been Restless Having A Chat With My Elder Brother / The Most Touching Post On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Brandconsultany: 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2021
May God richly bless you bro...
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by McStoic(m): 10:39pm On Aug 13, 2021
Magnoliaa:
I wonder how or why the picture you painted is caused by religion/the church though...?

My sister the thing tire me. I guess he is criticizing the church/religion to make his sinful nature feel good. God punish the devil..

3 Likes

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by McStoic(m): 10:41pm On Aug 13, 2021
Saynoomore:
As far as I'm concerned, what you have just done is practical Christianity!

Being a Christian does not begin & end with going to church.

Forget whatever turns out as the outcome. You have played your part. The little lad might make some mistakes in the line if his new-found business, but he will learn and improve, and hopefully tell his story someday. I'm sure he won't forget your gesture.

If he is in Lagos, and you can give a vivid description of where you found him, pls pm me.

Cheers bro!

Edited,

What if he is not a Christian? Being a moralist or sanctimonious does not make you a Christian cos their are demons possessed people who do better than that. Don't be a learner

4 Likes

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Oesophagus99(m): 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2021
Next time,

Learn to write in a concise summary pls..
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Charmingrascal(m): 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2021
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by CodeTemplar: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2021
You tried but stop attacking churches. If church people too narate experiences about helping other that almost landed them in deep shît, you will shift.

3 Likes

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Playthepianos: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2021
SeaTrade

I would have appreciated you for your post, but guess what - even if it was a good gesture the story sounds framed up to me. undecided

And by the way, you spoilt it all by passing the blame on the church and religion. It shows you don't know what you are doing, in the first place. You didn't even blame the government.

Because you don't do religion, you are passing your aggression on it. Don't worry, just continue. What a bad atheist you are!

You didn't go to any ColdStone, too. Just a made-up story. Busted.

In addition, you are rude. That is the pure truth. If you like don't swallow the bitter pill.

You can do better next time.

You're the man. cool

2 Likes

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Wealth9: 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2021
Actually true

1 Like

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Limassol(m): 10:45pm On Aug 13, 2021
crafteck:
Been hit by the realisation that no matter how hard you try legally as an average Nigerian you can never make it
what is your defination of "make it"?
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by FORWARDEVERLY: 10:45pm On Aug 13, 2021
Whenever I see children begging ..
I just wish I could see the male and female that came together to knack and give birth to them and wish such people could be shot and killed like chickens, so as to serve as a detterence to other upcoming useless adults..

It is always a pathetic and sorry sight to behold..

As for the maid issue.. most of Nigerian women are bitter, wicked and heartless fellows.. you would always see them maltreating a maid like a sub human and the Simp husband is too scared to scold or admonish the overbearing wife..

Clowns..

1 Like

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 13, 2021
Lol
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Aurelius1(m): 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2021
SeaTrade:
Not really.
Everyone must not make it through school,especially for someone whose case is like this.
There are people in Aba,Onitsha ,lagos ,etc ...who made it from hustles like this.
Ukaonu and sons Aba also started from the streets like this.
Even Cosmas maduka,Innoson and the likes all went through this route.
What I can do is if I meet him again and see he is doing well,I might add up his inventory to show support and stuff.
Success doesn't start and end in classrooms,though its important.
But one has to look at his background early and make the switch in time rather than doing what one's reality cannot support.
That is what I stand for though.
Bro I appreciate your kind gesture toward the kid but don't you think encouraging him to go learn a skill would have been a better option? Hawking pure water would expose him to so many dangers. This is just my own thinking, no offense.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Successmind(m): 10:49pm On Aug 13, 2021
*IGP Intellegence Response Team SECURITY TIPS*

1) Don't allow your children who can't recognise voice, to open doors for strangers/visitors.

2) Recognise the voice of the visitors/strangers before you open your doors.

(3) Lock up all your doors, when you are indoors, especially evening time.

(4) Switch off all your electric gadgets, before going out, even when there is no power supply from PHCN.

(5) Check all your cooking materials, before you go out.

(6) Stay away from any strange man, who looks like a pregnant woman, he may be carrying harmful products.

(7) Lock up your cars, even when you parked them in your compound.

(cool Protect your cars and motorcycles keys from being duplicated by suspected criminals.

(9) Protect your sim cards, from being stolen by suspected criminals, else they can use it for ransome negotiation.

(10) Buy Fire extinguishers for your cars and houses.

(11)Tell the teachers of your children not to release them to anybody, except on your request with evidence from you.

(12) Don't allow strange people to sleep in your house, direct them to the nearest Police station, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), DSS

(13) Don't send your ATM, BVN pin to anybody on any account.

(14) Don't pay for any car or Goods online, if you are not sure of the source.

(15) Don't allow little children to go to school , mosque or Church alone.

(16) Don't travel without informing anybody.

(17) Report all suspected criminals to the Police, Armed Forces, Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), DSS.

18. Lock Your Doors when you are Watching MOVIE or Your Favorite TV Shows.

19. While Watching ur Favorite TV SHOW using a Generator and it Suddenly goes Off, Don't Rush Out immediately to Open your Door.
It may be Armed
Robbers. Hi

Pls you can Rebroadcast this to your family and Friends.

SECURITY IS EVERYBODY'S BUSINESS.

THANKS...!

1 Like

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:49pm On Aug 13, 2021
chatinent:
Those career beggars have made the real ones unfortunate.

Today, I dey complain say I never chop morning food na so one boy come drag my top say “brother please give me money, I never chop since yesterday (x2)”. I focused my spirit to ignore him until he repeated it again; I nearly broke his spinal cord if my hand touched him. This is sb I saw eating rice with about three pieces of meat while I was coming. He was the one who made me more hungry.

grin
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by loffyloffy: 10:49pm On Aug 13, 2021
Treating people right is important, respective of their statin in life.

The houseboy/maid system is entrenched in our society..has been abused by some but has also helped some people to move out of extreme poverty.

My mom was a maid at a stage in her life, so was my mother in law, .. It didn't stop them from moving on with their lives, and it must have opened some opportunities for them

I can not testify to how well they were treated by their then masters, but I have had house helps and have done my best to treat them nice..

Provide them affordable education, pay for vocational studies if that is what they want
.bought equipment etc.

But I must admit the result has been mixed.

A help has camped a man in my house on a weekend when my family was away. I sent her packing the moment I discovered.

The houseboys at a stage began to act entitled..for me that was the end..

I told my kids to shape up we no longer need helps.

I still pay for the higher education of the boy, even though he is no longer my help...not because he did well..more because I see it as my obligation..till he graduates and from then he is on his own..

Just like I said the result has been mixed...but you can only do your best..I have friends that are doing the same thing..it doesn't guaranty that these people will take advantage and do good with their lives

But it is just one of those things you do...because you are obliged to do.

If you can't treat a houseboy/girl right...then you don't need one

5 Likes

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by crafteck(m): 10:50pm On Aug 13, 2021
Limassol:
what is your defination of "make it"?

Live with low or nil financial fear.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2021
Munzy14:

Religion and it's misinterpretation has crippled some family...Some are being made to believe you will lazy around and money will fall from heaven as you shout hallelujah to one pastor's skilled prayers...
Exactly lol@pastor skilled prayers
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Longman8: 10:53pm On Aug 13, 2021
Yes she may be termed "ordinary maid" But remember thesame person cook and take care of u,ur husband and equally see to the wellbeing of ur kids in your absent. But at the end u treat her like a trash or a nobody. Don't 4get God is watching.
Thanks man for the gesture 2day we appreciate but only God can BLESS, U ve given a human not only a source of income but also a smile in his face. That is what i called "HUMANITY" and "THE BEAUTY OF LIFE"

1 Like

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by McStoic(m): 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2021
Munzy14:

Religion and it's misinterpretation has crippled some family...Some are being made to believe you will lazy around and money will fall from heaven as you shout hallelujah to one pastor's skilled prayers...

You guys are really impossible. Annoying how you people will find any slightest means possible to bring in anti religion/anti Christian rhetorics into regular talks just to stay woke. Tueh..

1 Like

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Limassol(m): 10:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
crafteck:

Live with low or nil financial fear.
by that defination only the fortunate 1% will archive that, as for the rest it's a cicle of living hand to mouth.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by sylve11: 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
chatinent:

Today, I dey complain say I never chop morning food na so one boy come drag my top say “brother please give me money, I never chop since yesterday (x2)”. I focused my spirit to ignore him until he repeated it again; I nearly broke his spinal cord if my hand touched him. This is sb I saw eating rice with about three pieces of meat while I was coming. He was the one who made me more hungry.

You wan break person spinal cord because of hungry?

Lol grin cool
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by ogkrakkid(m): 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
Bless you bro..u be man.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by omorttee4u(m): 10:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
I read this on facebook. Was it happened to you or you just shared what you come across.

1 Like

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Ladylawyer(f): 10:58pm On Aug 13, 2021
This story broke my heart. Sometimes i wish every human could just be comfortable. May poverty never take us into the streets of begging.

1 Like

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Eillyeillz(m): 10:59pm On Aug 13, 2021
ethicallyright:

That was a benevolent gesture, Master. "It's better to teach a beggar how to fish than to give him fish", they say.

I had the privilege of having the 200,000 naira+ per term secondary education until 2014. We had domestic workers successively since I was a baby and they all attended public schools.

But I realized, in a little more than one decade, facts regarding "house helps". Their parents send them to cities so they can feed. They inform them before giving them out as juvenile slaves that their bosses will not treat them like their own kids. They know what the reality is and that's where a boundary is drawn.

My parents would sew new uniforms, buy textbooks and school bags for our house help at the beginning of each session just like they did for us. Her mother usually visited during planting seasons with home-processed garri, maize, pears and other crops harvested through their subsistence agricultural system. She could even stay with her for days in her room. My father would give her reasonable funds for transport and she'd kneel with teary eyes , face the heavens and solicit for God's handsome reward upon my family.

I was so attached to our maid. I was 6 and still bed-wetting and she promised to shield me from my parents who would scold me because my younger siblings stopped the shameful act immediately they could do without diapers. She'd come around 5am in the morning to change the bedsheets and help me bathe. That's how a 14 year-old girl started molesting me.

I wanted her future to be like ours. I offered to teach her basic spelling of English words, and fundamental rules of Concord like noun and verb agreement but she'd rather I wrote love letters which she would give a boy in her class. I was still in primary school and she was in JSS3 during this period.

She cooked excess meals and returned food flasks filled to the brim to gatemen down the street. I heard my parents planning to sponsor her University education because she was " good."

When she got into SS1, she got pregnant. She opened up to my dad because my dad would not even scold her. My dad prevented my mum from giving her a mild slap. My parents arranged with her parents and paid for an abortion so that she'll further her education. After the abortion, she wasn't sent away.

She lived with us and enjoyed much freedom. The straw that broke the camel's back was a call she gave to one of her boyfriends a night we were away. It was an innocent call from her side but would later cause my parents to be ambushed and robbed that night.

Her time was up! She had to leave. Today she's not gone past SS2 and she's roasting corn by the roadside. I identified her when I passed that road.

When she came she was using tissue paper during her menstruation. My mum ensured she used pads. Tissue paper was obviously what females used in her family. The truth remains that these "house helps" become enlightened and exposed to civilization when they are sent to live with middle class families. They get opportunities they'd not ordinarily see if they lived with their parents.

What matters is how they take advantage of their exposure. My grandparents' male housemaid served them for 8 years and they included his name in a scholarship slot to a foreign country. The maid got a good job there and even invited my uncle who was a baby when he left to work in the country immediately my uncle completed his NYSC. The maid is one of the prominent men from my mother's village today.

Halita is an Africa Magic series I'll recommend if you want to understand perspectives about domestic servants. It's intriguing and captivating.

And idea where I can get Halita?? Was following it, but moved around alot so I couldn't keep up.
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Kinsmenn(m): 10:59pm On Aug 13, 2021
It is well. Sometimes no matter how much you do, you just can't do enough. So many in need, so little hope.

1 Like

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by KingOfNairaland1: 11:00pm On Aug 13, 2021
Rozcol:
Ask him ooo,he rudely brought religion into it
STUPIDLY AND IDIOTICALLY
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by BarrElChapo(m): 11:01pm On Aug 13, 2021
chatinent:

Guy what's this naa grin
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by descarado: 11:03pm On Aug 13, 2021
Playthepianos:
SeaTrade

I would have appreciated you for your post, but guess what - even if it was a good gesture the story sounds framed up to me. undecided

And by the way, you spoilt it all by passing the blame on the church and religion. It shows you don't know what you are doing, in the first place. You didn't even blame the government.

Because you don't do religion, you are passing your aggression on it. Don't worry, just continue. What a bad atheist you are!

You didn't go to any ColdStone, too. Just a made-up story. Busted.

In addition, you are rude. That is the pure truth. If you like don't swallow the bitter pill.

You can do better next time.

You're the man. cool
kiss
Good tory indeed
Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:05pm On Aug 13, 2021
I have a similar story. Went to shoprite and met a cute little boy begging me to give him money. He is so cute, dressed well and had a nice haircut too. Had to ask why and to my surprise, he responded in sharp correct English that he's begging to pay his school fees. His mother approached us while we were talking and I directed the same question to her, she started crying. Said her son is very brilliant but she can't afford his school fees. I was like, why not take him to a public school? She said enrollment fee is about 15k and she doesn't have it.
Was forced to ask how much his school fees for the year is and she said 65k for 3 terms.

I looked at her, looked at the boy, I could see that she was saying the truth.
Then I told her to go, and leave the boy at the spot, once I get out of shoprite, I'll send him to her.
All through the time I was inside, I couldn't get him off my head.
Once I was done with my shopping, I went to the atm and withdrew 70k, put it in a nylon. I got outside and he was there waiting for me beside my car. He looked dejected, must have thought I won't come back cuz I was in there for over 1 hour.

I asked him to go and call his mother, she came and I gave her the money. Trust me, no one will believe the shock on her face. She shouted jesu like 20 times and was crying. I got in my car and drove off. But left a warning that I don't want to see that boy begging anymore.

I'm not very very rich but 70k is something I spend in less than a week sometimes...

Never saw her and the boy again and I hope he is back in school now

8 Likes

Re: Most Touching Experience I've Had In A While. by wellmax(m): 11:08pm On Aug 13, 2021
You still had to blame the church.

Wetin church do you. If you attend a fake church, that's your problem. Stop this hasty generalization

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Couple Celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary With A Lavish Wedding (Photos) / My Mom Is Missing / My Friend Needs Help, Six Children No Male Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.