Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" (26606 Views)

Ezza: Indigenous Igbos Of Benue State Celebrate Cultural Festival / Igbos Celebrate New Yam Festival In Ghana (Photos) / Igbo Union In Finland Celebrates New Yam Festival (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Nisiw365: 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2021
Newton85:
Even though the clown you replied has took temperature IQ, it's actually silly and rude to call Edo a subgroup of Yoruba.
Yes they are yorubas

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Gambit23: 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2021
elampiro:

Do a simple google search about the history from multiple sources

Itsekiri is a mixture of IGBO, Yoruba and Urhobo

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Newton85: 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2021
gregyboy:

Cry me biafra
The Bini royals are Yoruba descendants, regardless of their new revisionist, ahistorical Ekala-whatever nonsense, but that doesn't mean the Bini people are themselves Yoruba.

5 Likes

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Newton85: 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2021
Nisiw365:

Yes they are yorubas
So, what Yoruba dialect is "abieyuwa n'ovbi Odua n'uhe"?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by gregyboy(m): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2021
Newton85:
The Bini royals are Yoruba descendants, regardless of their new revisionist, ahistorical Ekala-whatever nonsense, but that doesn't mean the Bini people are themselves Yoruba.

Read this and know peace

The Oduduwa history in benin is a lie

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Nisiw365: 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2021
Newton85:
So, what Yoruba dialect is "abieyuwa n'ovbi Odua n'uhe"?
Benin dialect under Yoruba

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by elampiro(m): 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2021
Nisiw365:

You should be the one to do research because you know nothing. You can even ask itsekiri people themselves, they will tell you that they are Yoruba's

They are all Beni.
Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by nowpresence(f): 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2021
Gambit23:

Itsekiri is a mixture of IGBO, Yoruba and Urhobo
Please remove Urhobo and replace with ijaw

They are ijaws that speaks Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by GGirll: 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2021
Naija9090:
See as they resemble Igbo people and even call it "Esi" like Igbos. Whoever divided Igbo people, it will never be well with these people.

Obasanjo did the division!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Nisiw365: 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
elampiro:

They are all Beni.
Itsekiri are Yoruba. They speak Yoruba language and bear Yoruba names not Benin
There's even Opc in itsekiri

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Menance: 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2021
Newton85:
Agbada is agbada, babanriga is babanriga. Outside of your Wikipedia source, which can be edited by anyone, can you show me any reputable source that shows that all the West African frican ethnic groups who have an agbada-esque mode of dressing adopted it from Hausa?

I have given you a reputable source and you want another one. When I give you another 1 you will want another 1 grin .

The reputable sources that tell you agbada is agbada were they not also made up/edited?.
Why not show me a reputable place where it's said agbada is not adopted.

Keep shifting goal post
Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Malawian(m): 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2021
Dozis:
;

You guys are the reason people insult us, when people say they are not Igbo, let them be who they say they are, the great Igbo nation is way bigger than these mushroom groups that we should be insulted because of them.
Whether they are Igbo or not, I can't say. What I can say is his is the first time I am knowing of any New Yam Festival among any Edo tribe. The name of their tribe is also curious btw.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Newton85: 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2021
Menance:

I have given you a reputable source and you want another one. When I give you another 1 you will want another 1 grin .

The reputable sources that tell you agbada is agbada were they not also made up/edited?.

Keep shifting goal post
I've not seen any reputable source outside the Wikipedia you showed.
Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Gambit23: 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2021
nowpresence:

Please remove Urhobo and replace with ijaw

They are ijaws that speaks Yoruba

They are urhobos too.

I've never ever heard that they are ijaw people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2021
koondog:
When Nnamdi Kanu says we are taking some Edo people with us to Biafra, these are some of the people. These are pure Igbo blood.

Una no go kee pesin for Nairaland. cheesy cheesy
Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Newton85: 1:51pm On Aug 08, 2021
Nisiw365:

Benin dialect under Yoruba
You're a monumental clown as the gregyboy dude.
Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Gambit23: 1:53pm On Aug 08, 2021
Menance:

Keep shifting goal post

Wikipedia is an online encyclopaedia that anyone on earth can write articles and edit pre existing articles so he isn't wrong to ask for a reliable website.

And I've never heard that any tribe copied northern modes of dressing.
Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Nisiw365: 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2021
Newton85:
You're a monumental clown as the gregyboy dude.
Edo's are subgroup of Yoruba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Newton85: 1:56pm On Aug 08, 2021
gregyboy:

Read this and know peace

The Oduduwa history in benin is a lie
Yeah, that must be why your Oba is called "abieyuwa n'ovbi odua n'uhe" (son of the wealthy Odua of Ice). That must also be why your Oba is called "Ovbi Adimula" (Son of Adimula). Adimula is Oduduwa's other name. And that must also be why your Oba is called "Ikeji orisha" (second in command to the gods), which is a title for Yoruba Obas. Not that I should have dignified you with a response though. I should have left you with your fellow clown who says Bini people are Yoruba. The two of you deserve each other. Peace.

4 Likes

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Newton85: 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2021
Menance:

Keep shifting goal post
Is Nsibidi Igbo?
Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Gambit23: 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2021
ohosi4real:
It's only in Edo state you find majority tribe like Yoruba, Igbo, Igala, Ebira, Ijaw, urhobo, Bini, Esan, Etsako, Okpameri, and so others tribe yet they live in peace together. They also bear in different tribe names without discrimination. Edo's are very wonderful people and bless by God. Nice state.

An IGBO man from Igbake have written articles here about the terribly bad treatment that Edo people exacted on the indigenous of Edo
Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by ezekings1(m): 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2021
Innocence of African culture
[embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MStoWATlpY[/embed]

We have lost our beautiful culture.
Truly, no shame for the shameless smiley
Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Gambit23: 2:00pm On Aug 08, 2021
ChangedMan1999:

What kind of nonsense is this.

M.orons like you are reason bastards are Insulting Ndigbo.

We are unifying the whole indigenous IGBOs in SS and NC...we will never allow anyone to divide us again.
Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Malawian(m): 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2021
[quote author=OCEANPOWER post=104559023][/quote]
Even the Fulani are now firmly in Auchi. Go there, it is like Meccah now.
Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by BSsniffer: 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2021
Menance:

You see how mischievous you are trying to be? grin
Agbada is an adopted from babanriga. You can go anywhere and ask. This doesn't point but completely tells you agbada is an adopted babanriga which other places have a name and variant for also.
Babanriga is an Hausa attire which is also adopted you can take it to the bank.

Now this is your olowo of iwo in complete isiagu. Should we say he only puts on his retarded agbada once in a while? Now wiki is a source of history for revolutionalist because it doesn't favour you today.

There's a difference between wearing an attire for political/solidarity purposes and wearing it as an everyday attire. The oluwa(who is a 2nd class royal) wore it purely for political purposes.....your obi wears it as his official attire to visit even foreign dignitaries......plus you've brought no factual proof showing where agbada was adopted from the hausas....did the Senegalese also adopt theirs from the hausas? You're being inchorent and daft.

2 Likes

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Malawian(m): 2:03pm On Aug 08, 2021
einsteine:
Somebody's name is Kadiri and Igbo people are still here with the attaché by force.

Na wa.
So you don't know Kadiri can also be an Igbo name? You are judging Igbo names of nowadays that we always found a way to add Chukwu inside as all there was right? Kadiri can mean "live and let's live" in Igbo language.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Gambit23: 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2021
SlyDev:

Indigenous cloth and you were naked till 20 century, if you don't know na leaves your ancestors dey use cover body.

IGBOs had AKWAETTE clothing back in d days.

Even many of our masquerade wears clothes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Menance: 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2021
Newton85:
I've not seen any reputable source outside the Wikipedia you showed.

Good for you
Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Gambit23: 2:07pm On Aug 08, 2021
gregyboy:
Hope the igbos have seen the correct history laid out from people who have come across them....

Now you igbos can go back to develop lagos

Dont forget lagos is ours too but for now help us develop am

Both our developers and our cone headed tenant will be pushed out of lagos when edos feels is well developed enough

Our great developers and cone headed tenant shalom grin grin

Lagos is IGBO panther sooner u understand this, the better for u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Gambit23: 2:08pm On Aug 08, 2021
franseesca65:
This is not related to Igbo in anyway o.
Been to this village twice.

You are not IGBO, So u cant tell who is IGBO and who is not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by BigMoneyeye: 2:12pm On Aug 08, 2021
Ye tirb
Re: Indigenous Ogbona People In Edo State Celebrate New Yam Festival "Esi" by Gambit23: 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2021
Nisiw365:

Oba of Benin pays homage to ooni of ife

Pls bring proof.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Do You Call These Colours In Your Local Dialect? / Jeremiah Akaava Dies At 116 In Kogi (Oldest Monarch In The World) / Today In Ondo Town, Ladies Are Not Allowed To Go Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.