Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,904 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad (65951 Views)

The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada / How Nigerians Abroad Complain About Loneliness Amazes Me / Nigerians Abroad, How Do You Cope With The Coronavirus Issue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by PediakAuthor: 10:45am On Aug 09, 2021
You are on point... I've always thought about the international misperceptions about Nigerians, the global community need to understand that Nigerian youths are resilient, hard-working, skillful, intelligent, and godly, only a pinch of stain on our white garment is just giving us a bad name. Men, we need to change the narratives asap because these ugly reputations also hinder FDI - foreign direct investments in Nigeria among other issues.

However, this part got me lmao...
"done a very good job in giving us a bad name..."

Lol... tho it's not funny at all...
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by greenguy: 10:46am On Aug 09, 2021
Aloysius10:
Not having enough money is what makes them to deny you visa because if you have enough money you will be granted visa so ehy not invest in the foreign exchange market to make enough money so you can get all you need to traveling out because I've never seen where a rich man is denied visa undecided

Go naww with all your money. Why wait for Nairalanders to invest in your forex business first. Oga go and sit down. You're one of Nigeria's biggest problem.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by sirchrislatestn(m): 10:46am On Aug 09, 2021
pocohantas:
Tell us what happened exactly.

Something motivated this rant.
lean to shut up

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by ArewaTech1(m): 10:48am On Aug 09, 2021
I've been living in India for almost 4 years now, and it's always better when asked by someone to just say you're from Africa.

Because the moment they know you're a Nigerian just be ready to see the police for nearly every issue.

after an incident [where someone(Indian) asked me if I have the substance(drug) just because I said I'm from Nigeria] Since then I always say I am Sudanese (with the exception of places where I need to provide my Visa for verification)

Sometimes it hurts to be a Nigerian.

9 Likes

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 09, 2021
MejiLoyon:
90% of those commenting haven't stepped out their state not to speak of Nigeria. Ever heard of Jamaicans and their crimes? Or Mexicans. Or Puerto Ricans?. Every other country are neck deep into crimes than Nigerians. But when one commits the useless blogs and media houses takes the case and blows it into proportions. All for the sake of fame and popularity. I've been to countries and when they hear I'm from Nigeria the excitement cannot be hidden. They love us. Despite our wahala. We are brilliant and very hard working. Give a fraudster a job and see how he will do it diligently. We are the best everywhere. We are not even among the top ten criminals in the states yet they blow it out of proportion because we are Nigerians.
The problem is the criminals yes we know.
The problem is also the government
The problem is majorly the media
The problem is the op.
If we give a dog a bad name it will live up to the name.

PS. Someone overseas mailed this thread to me. Me wey dey dey nairaland steady I no see the thread na oyinbo send am give me. It means they are watching as we embarass ourselves.
my point exactly if any good white man sees that you're a good FOREX trader they will even like to invite you over and invest with you this is the type of opportunities everyone should be looking out for you can learn from YouTube or invest in the knowledge and be a boss of your own by generating money anytime any day anywhere
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by MOTOPARK: 10:48am On Aug 09, 2021
nitrogen:
It’s really sad. I don’t know why Nigerians like to commit fraud and atrocities. Even well educated ones. They’d rather aim for sudden cash (through fraud) than work hard (legally) to become wealthy.

Meanwhile, if you have a second citizenship, don’t think it won’t affect you, it will, you are a first class citizen of Nigeria and a second/third class citizen of the other country, so please try to get your people sensitized everywhere and anywhere you find yourself.

This has to stop!
I’m not trying to glorify crime in any way or manner, the only first class citizen in Nigeria currently is Hausa -Fulanis and their Cows.that bring said Nigerian in diaspora and the living back home shun crime and be a good products of legitimate earnings holders
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by MrHealth(m): 10:49am On Aug 09, 2021
It's because of these CURSED set of People who have committed crime daily in these countries and are still commiting crime.

Now, they prefer picking South Africans Or Any Other African than picking a Nigerian.
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Chibuezem(m): 10:49am On Aug 09, 2021
viyon02:

Hi pocohantas
Sorry if I hurt you, just that my friend is a victim, it can be painful, we still have many innocent Nigerias that still want to explore many other countries. Sorry omoge.
how did you post hurt her my sweet pocohantas
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 09, 2021
greenguy:

Go naww with all your money. Why wait for Nairalanders to invest in your forex business first. Oga go and sit down. You're one of Nigeria's biggest problem.
I will keep helping those who are yet to see the light and let everyone come out of poverty stealing should not be a way out
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Yankee101: 10:50am On Aug 09, 2021
Yourubas and igbos doing cyberfraud in the US

Igbos selling drugs in Asia

Binis selling sex, drugs and everything in Italy

Hausa fulani selling sex in Saudi

1 Like

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by ojsmscom(m): 10:51am On Aug 09, 2021
They are contributing their quota in destroying the nation... while our leaders are doing the nigeria version of the destruction,the Yahoo boys are doing the international version...last last everyone is doing his best towards the national destruction

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Adakintroy: 10:51am On Aug 09, 2021
A bad man is a bad man.a lazy man is a lazy man. There are some things some people can never do even in the ghetto and with hunger..just like lion can't eat grass or goat can't eat meat. A nature is a nature.

Their complains was because the country is bad hence their actions. So now what's their excuse?.

Nigerian is not the problem..we are just what we are. Let every man fight for his own soul.
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 09, 2021
MOTOPARK:
I’m not trying to glorify crime in any way or manner, the only first class citizen in Nigeria currently is Hausa -Fulanis and their Cows.that bring said Nigerian in diaspora and the living back home shun crime and be a good products of legitimate earnings holders
that's what I'm trying to say let ever bad minded person start doing legitimate work you don't need to be a graduate before you can learn forex and start making thousands daily as far as you can read and understand you're good to go
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by SenecaTheYonger: 10:53am On Aug 09, 2021
nitrogen:
It’s really sad. I don’t know why Nigerians like to commit fraud and atrocities. Even well educated ones. They’d rather aim for sudden cash (through fraud) than work hard (legally) to become wealthy.

Meanwhile, if you have a second citizenship, don’t think it won’t affect you, it will, you are a first class citizen of Nigeria and a second/third class citizen of the other country, so please try to get your people sensitized everywhere and anywhere you find yourself.

This has to stop!

It really has to stop. It’s too much
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by GeneralPula: 10:53am On Aug 09, 2021
[s]
Blurpy:
I think the behaviour of Nigerians in diaspora needs to be curtailed or rather we need to caution them often as they are bringing more problems to us. I don't get how some people will be lucky to get visa to a more developed country and go there to constitute nuisance and commit crime to earn a living, some of them even plan before hand to go and overstay their tourist or visit visa and become illegal immigrants.

This is all shades of wrong, we are doing more harm to ourselves as a nation, we should stop that. Some parts of Europe, Nigeria is synonymous with prostitution, while India, South Africa, Thailand etc, a Nigerian is being looked at as a potential drug dealer, other countries like Turkey, Ghana,UAE etc, the scammers there have done a very good job in giving us a bad name.

Recently, some Nigerians in Dubai engaged in cult clash taking human lives in the process which ended up getting a direct employment visa ban on Nigeria.

Ghana, on the other hand has visa free access to Singapore, Dubai, South Africa just to mention a few, while a Nigerian passport holder will have to go through a lot of cash and stress just to visit these places.

I know the country is bad and most people are looking to leave, we should not go to another country to commit crimes, we are only making this harder for ourselves, we will all be stuck here with nowhere to go.

There's no reasonable place a Nigerian passport can take you without visa, even amongst the visa free countries and visa on arrival countries, there's still a high chance of being sent back at the port of entry.

Imagine Nigerians having to wait for four to five months just to get a response from South African embassy here, same Africa oh, just response, not that it'll be approved oh.

Please we should be good ambassadors of our country, there are a lot of Nigerians doing fantastically well in various sectors as medical doctors, nurses , in academia as lecturers, engineers etc, let us not allow the bad deeds overshadow the good deeds.

You'll hardly hear of a Kenyan, a Senegalese etc being caught in a crime outside of their country. The pressure to make it big and fast then come back home to pepper others is a contributing factor! We can do other legitimate business and still make money.

Stop going to Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey etc all in the name of collecting UPDATE to make it!. Please!
[/s]

I doubt you’re a Nigerian..

You’re trying to discredit Nigeria..

No matter how worst Nigeria is, it’s still better than SA..

1 Like

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by heniford2: 10:54am On Aug 09, 2021
Sluacoast:

Mumu, you think say I know know about those statistics. Dey there dey mumu yourself. Those countries are white nations and they would be allow entry easily to any fucking countries even into your darling Nigeria grin grin. We're the capital of crime in Africa and that's a very bad name. Even those countries you aforementioned are scared of you grin
you are not smart as i thought you are sorry,let me lecture you the reason Nigeria find it hard to move to all this white country is because we have poor Representative outside and our weak government recently Ghana was giving free dubai wave because the have strong Representative and business wise not much of crime because those country have a working system to cut down crime

1 Like

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by SenecaTheYonger: 10:54am On Aug 09, 2021
pocohantas:
Tell us what happened exactly.

Something motivated this rant.

What else do you want to know? Isn’t it obvious? Even in small countries like Ghana, Nigerians are being profiled and watched with hawk eyes.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by UDUJ(m): 10:54am On Aug 09, 2021
MejiLoyon:
90% of those commenting haven't stepped out their state not to speak of Nigeria. Ever heard of Jamaicans and their crimes? Or Mexicans. Or Puerto Ricans?. Every other country are neck deep into crimes than Nigerians. But when one commits the useless blogs and media houses takes the case and blows it into proportions. All for the sake of fame and popularity. I've been to countries and when they hear I'm from Nigeria the excitement cannot be hidden. They love us. Despite our wahala. We are brilliant and very hard working. Give a fraudster a job and see how he will do it diligently. We are the best everywhere. We are not even among the top ten criminals in the states yet they blow it out of proportion because we are Nigerians.
The problem is the criminals yes we know.
The problem is also the government
The problem is majorly the media
The problem is the op.
If we give a dog a bad name it will live up to the name.

PS. Someone overseas mailed this thread to me. Me wey dey dey nairaland steady I no see the thread na oyinbo send am give me. It means they are watching as we embarass ourselves.

True, the problem is Nigerians are just too loud. Too damn loud everywhere they go, just see the likes of hushpuppy et Al. I remember years back when I was doing my masters in Manchester, some Nigerian students were evicted from the hostel because of the endless parties and loud noise, driving very expensive cars, partying with russian and Ukrainian prostitutes daily. We are just too loud.

In the UK the Jamaicans hold sway in crime, in the US you have the Russians, Mexicans, in the far East you have the Indians, Philippines et al

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 09, 2021
Adakintroy:
A bad man is a bad man.a lazy man is a lazy man. There are some things some people can never do even in the ghetto and with hunger..just like lion can't eat grass or goat can't eat meat. A nature is a nature.

Their complains was because the country is bad hence their actions. So now what's their excuse?.

Nigerian is not the problem..we are just what we are. Let every man fight for his own soul.
together we can bring many people to the light forex is for all and it's here to stay just like Bitcoin forex is the future
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Sluacoast(m): 10:59am On Aug 09, 2021
heniford2:
you are not smart as i thought you are sorry,let me lecture you the reason Nigeria find it hard to move to all this white country is because we have poor Representative outside and our weak government recently Ghana was giving free dubai wave because the have strong Representative and business wise not much of crime because those country have a working system to cut down crime
Guy I know of all this. Imagine if we don't perpetrate crime like we usually do. Don't you think we'd be gladly welcome into any country. Yes are representative are weak because it's Very difficult to fight for a country whom in other hand are desperately prepared to commit more crime when they get a chance to move abroad. When I was in Senegal. You go fear Nigeria girls wey full there they run their whoring business. Yahooism the same. Bad names everywhere. If we don't change, we're Verge to remain like this. So don't blame those people fighting for our ass grin grin
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by KaluwisxPRO: 11:00am On Aug 09, 2021
Nigerians are not the worst in Dispora, stop this your overzealous attitude towards those you don’t like. Everybody no dey run the same race to live same lifestyle. If person lifestyle no suit you no mean say na crime he dey commit.
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by abbeyty90: 11:01am On Aug 09, 2021
All what i know is that if those bastards called leaders make Nigeria a better place to live no Nigerian will be sleeping in other countries embassy cuz of visa. All these still down to those self centre leaders
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 09, 2021
PLEASE HELP ME

I had an accident on 22nd of May, 2021 in which my left leg got broken in three places. I got hit by a car while crossing to the other side of the road. The car was following one way. It was in the night, around 8pm. The driver drove away after hitting me. I was rescued and brought home by people in the area.

Please I need your financial support.
My broken leg has collected the #60,000 left on me. Am broke and still need fund for daily care of my leg.

Please help me. I need financial help to continue my medication.

BELOW ARE MY BANK DETAILS

BANK NAME: First Bank

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 3173689537

MY NAME: Tunde Olaoluwa

Thank You. May God bless and protect you and your family always. Amen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0MvouDzb80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-kWjz7uqN4

This video shows how severe my wound is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQ15Hvmwpk
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by heniford2: 11:04am On Aug 09, 2021
Sluacoast:

Guy I know of all this. Imagine if we don't perpetrate crime like we usually do. Don't you think we'd be gladly welcome into any country. Yes are representative are weak because it's Very difficult to fight for a country who are desperately ready to commit more crime when they move abroad. If we don't change, we're Verge to remain like this. So don't blame those people fighting for our ass grin grin
no matter how good you think you are without strong representative from your country and having a good business between enter country that country will never value you, strong institute beget great passport we have morons as leaders have you gone to any Nigeria Embassy before you will hate Nigeria and see why other country treat us as trash undecided nobi only Nigeria dey do big crime infant we still dey learn to crime to other country
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by freeman67: 11:05am On Aug 09, 2021
Aloysius10:
have you tried it before with even 5k to see if it's a scam undecided

For him to know it's a scam already made him wiser than trying it. You want collect his 5k join abi?
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by futurenix(m): 11:06am On Aug 09, 2021
This is a very simple issue to tackle by a serious Government. The leaders are actually the cause of all these and until the citizens demand accountability from them nothing will move in this country.

If there are job opportunities equally without money exchanging hands and people getting jobs based on who they know or where they come from the next step will be to create a data base of all the citizens and immigrants in the country and what they do for a living.

If this is done then monitoring investments and bank transaction details of everyone using BVN becomes easy.

If you are building any house or making any investments in the country or even spending in a club to a certain amount , your type of business and the source of your income should be questioned.

If you come from abroad or send money from abroad to someone here the security agencies will have to confirm the source of that money through interpol that its legit else the account is frozen and arrest made on both the sender and receiver.

Everything can be monitored and corrected but first things first, make the citizens feel the equality in the Country and patriotism will follow suit including all other good behaviour.

A guy was shot within my area and the shooter arrested by SARS operatives. Even with the different petitions from well meaning nigerians in the area that the guy is terrorising the neighbourhood with his gang, he was released after 2 days with 1 million Naira. How can such be possible ?

In a country of this century a Governor will construct a road quoting billions of naira that will deteriorate after 3 months and nobody is questioning.

Is it the number of graduates floating everywhere while the ones with Waec certificates are eating millions as monthly salary?

What exactly is working in this Country that will warrant patriotism?
This country is really far from getting better with the way things are going.

1 Like

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 09, 2021
freeman67:

For him to know it's a scam already made him wiser than trying it. You want collect his 5k join abi?
He should report the person's bank account and get the scammer arrested I'm legit forex trader and I give 5% daily on any invested amount
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Commentor: 11:08am On Aug 09, 2021
Blurpy:
I think the behaviour of Nigerians in diaspora needs to be curtailed or rather we need to caution them often as they are bringing more problems to us. I don't get how some people will be lucky to get visa to a more developed country and go there to constitute nuisance and commit crime to earn a living, some of them even plan before hand to go and overstay their tourist or visit visa and become illegal immigrants.

This is all shades of wrong, we are doing more harm to ourselves as a nation, we should stop that. Some parts of Europe, Nigeria is synonymous with prostitution, while India, South Africa, Thailand etc, a Nigerian is being looked at as a potential drug dealer, other countries like Turkey, Ghana,UAE etc, the scammers there have done a very good job in giving us a bad name.

Recently, some Nigerians in Dubai engaged in cult clash taking human lives in the process which ended up getting a direct employment visa ban on Nigeria.

Ghana, on the other hand has visa free access to Singapore, Dubai, South Africa just to mention a few, while a Nigerian passport holder will have to go through a lot of cash and stress just to visit these places.

I know the country is bad and most people are looking to leave, we should not go to another country to commit crimes, we are only making this harder for ourselves, we will all be stuck here with nowhere to go.

There's no reasonable place a Nigerian passport can take you without visa, even amongst the visa free countries and visa on arrival countries, there's still a high chance of being sent back at the port of entry.

Imagine Nigerians having to wait for four to five months just to get a response from South African embassy here, same Africa oh, just response, not that it'll be approved oh.

Please we should be good ambassadors of our country, there are a lot of Nigerians doing fantastically well in various sectors as medical doctors, nurses , in academia as lecturers, engineers etc, let us not allow the bad deeds overshadow the good deeds.

You'll hardly hear of a Kenyan, a Senegalese etc being caught in a crime outside of their country. The pressure to make it big and fast then come back home to pepper others is a contributing factor! We can do other legitimate business and still make money.

Stop going to Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey etc all in the name of collecting UPDATE to make it!. Please!

Correction.

The country is not bad. It is the people that are bad.
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by kechywillz(m): 11:08am On Aug 09, 2021
So far anyone carries the Nigerian passport,it represents a failed country,until this country divides ,we will continue with these experiences
Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Commentor: 11:09am On Aug 09, 2021
futurenix:
This is a very simple issue to tackle by a serious Government. The leaders are actually the cause of all these and untim the citizens demand accountability from them nothing will move in this country.

If there are job opportunities equally without money exchanging hands and people getting jobs based on who they know or where they come from the next step will be to create a data base of all the citizens and immigrants in the country and what they do for a living.

If this is done then monitoring investments and bank transaction details of everyone using BVN becomes easy.

If you are building any house or making any investments in the country or even spending in a club to a certain amount , your type of business and the source of your income should be questioned.

If you come from abroad or send money from abroad to someone here the security agencies will have to confirm the source of that money through interpol that its legit else the account is frozen and arrest made on both the sender and receiver.

Everything can be monitored and corrected but first things first, make the citizens feel the equality in the Country and patriotism will follow suit including all other good behaviour.

A guy was shot within my area and the shooter arrested by SARS operatives. Even with the different petitions from well meaning nigerians in the area that the guy is terrorising the neighbourhood with his gang, he was released after 2 days with 1 million Naira. How can such be possible ?

In a country of this century a Governor will construct a road quoting billions of naira that will deteriorate after 3 months and nobody is questioning.

Is it the number of graduates floating everywhere while the ones with Waec certificates are eating millions as monthly salary?

What exactly is working in this Country that will warrant patriotism?
This country is really far from getting better with the way things are going.

So it is a lack of job opportunities that makes a Nigerian in Texas indulge in fraud?

Are there less job opportunities in Nigeria than Ghana or Ivory Coast?

2 Likes

Re: The Bad Behaviour Of Some Nigerians Abroad by Commentor: 11:09am On Aug 09, 2021
kechywillz:
So far anyone carries the Nigerian passport,it represents a failed country,until this country divides ,we will continue with these experiences

Yes.

When the country divides, those in America that partake in fraud would suddenly become born again.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Thinking Of Relocating Back To Nigeria From Canada / Nigerians Reveal What Makes Them Cry In The UK / World’s Rarest Passport That's Held By Only 500 People Is Over 900 Yrs Old (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.