Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,425 members, 7,826,654 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property (36678 Views)

How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? / Ghana: Family Reunites With 20-Year-Old Son Who Was Missing At Age 2 / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by MummyD2020(f): 2:42pm On Aug 10, 2021
Icumsa45:

He is the first born son, so by tradition the dad's properties belong to him. But the mum wants none of that

So u are saying he should chase her out? By right, its the woman's house until she dies. Which yeye first son talks about property when the mum is still alive? Is it because the man is dead? He should have chased the parents out na. So what is the difference that the mum is the remaining one alive? Would it have been different if the man is the one alive? Or because its the mum, she doesnt have the right to live in the her late husband's house? Whats your point? A normal son isnt supposed to be talking property now that the mum is still living. See the muscle u are even using to call the first son. From the look of things, its like u are the first son. Why is he stressing her when he should be pampering her? Wetin be house sef?

2 Likes

Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by aribisala0(m): 2:55pm On Aug 10, 2021
NoToPile:

Not by right? I don't agree.
How is that my business?
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by mechanics(m): 3:21pm On Aug 10, 2021
aribisala0:
Evidence or reference?
Can you mention any law that includes the phrase "next of kin".

Just one please
what I know is that next of kin is very important in the case of situations like this, if he has money in the bank, it is the next of kin that the bank will listen to.
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by aribisala0(m): 3:24pm On Aug 10, 2021
mechanics:
what I know is that next of kin is very important in the case of situations like this, if he has money in the bank, it is the next of kin that the bank will listen to.
What you believe or what you think you know is very different from reality.
This is an internet age . It should not be too onerous to substantiate that.
Is the term "Next of kin" define in any law or statute in Nigeria?
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by obama30: 4:26pm On Aug 10, 2021
Plomo:

Please next time, read to understand my guy.

I never said first son, I said ”In Igbo land, the son (depending on how many they are)”.

A man can choose to will all his properties to his first son, he can also choose to will all his properties to his 5th daughter, he can even choose to will his properties to charity and nothing to his children and family. As long as the will is valid according to state probate laws, a man can transfer ownership of his estate in event of death as he deems fit. You better go and do your research.

I don’t know what part of igboland you claim to be from but when a man dies and his son is of age, he automatically takes over his father’s properties. The wife is only entitled to the house her husband built for her or in the generosity of the son, the father’s compound is shared and she takes a portion of it. It’s called Mkpuke di ya, if I’m not mistaken.

The recognized law is the law of the land, the law of the government is only secondary.

If a man dies without a will in igboland, as long as they are of age, ONLY THE SON(or sons if he had more than one) shares his properties. NOTHING GOES TO THE DAUGHTERS. The wife only takes care of the properties till the children comes of age.

Ezeani my foot.

You claim to be an Igbo but you don't know the value of Ezeani, which is highest title in Igboland taken by righteous traditional keepers. many refuse to takes it today because they may die on the process of preparation because their hands has been soiled with evil deeds. Many people that parade them self as Ezeani today did not take the title they just added it to their name just like that.

Now to our Issue, I am from Nri clan, Nri clan comprises all town in Anambra state including some town now in Imo and Enugu state as civilization demarcates us this day.

Is not religion of today that confers right of first son to inherits his father and share the properties with his brothers and sister, is tradition of olds, which Christianity condemn and still condemning, even in the Bible first son's don inherits and pocketed in his pocket but sharing with him siblings after reserving one potion for him self the less must be share equally, but you must be a jew for the law to be apply to you if not your not part of this, (Upon the death of the father, the firstborn eldest son became the new head of the family.The birthright son was entitled to a double portion (that is, twice as much as any other son) of the father's inheritance—one portion as a son, the second portion as the new head responsible for the family see Gen. 48:22; Deut)

In igbo tradition when a man die, the first son inherited his father and reserve one potion as first son and also his father building, and a potion of land that is enough for farming must give to mother to farm, which when mother pass away is automatically belong to last male child, but if the last child happen to be female and not married the mother farm land automatically belong to her, no tradition forbid her from having children (is Christianity that make is look as if single lady having children in her father land is a sin in Nri clan)

Now to male children after the first son has taken one potion added to father house, they will share the remaining equal non to female children as you say, sharing of father property in Igbo land is call (Idu-Obi) aga-ghi edu gi obi ha-pu ike ihe)

The female children's did they go unsettled?
Do you know why a potion of the land was added to father house inherited by the first son, making the first son share 2 plus father house?

No the female children go unsettled, the first son take care of all their needs both education because he the first son hold on a potion of share that suppose to be the female daughters share, that is reason he takes double portion of share, when a daughter get married, on evening of traditional marriage, The first son must according to traditional worship law or custom settled the married daughter from profit generated from extra potion of share he was holding, if he refuse others male sibling and Umuada must force him to settle their sister or forfeit the extra potion of the property to share it among the daughters, because is their birthright to settle them on the traditional wedding evening or give them inheritance from their father and it's fall to the first son to chose one else Umuada and siblings will be involve. That is what igbo call (Ndu nwa-nwanyi uno) but many people today never settled their married daughter or sister thinking is a custom for a female daughter to go empty handed from his father without any share of property no is not custom instead greediness of this generation. some family bought a house in the name of their daughter as IDU-UNO, some buy cars, some give valuable properties and cash, where do you think is started from. it's given to her as IDU-UNO, after IDU-UNO she don't have anymore share from her fathers inheritance. But that doesn't mean she should not allow to come back to live in her father house if divorce or having issue with her husband, and if encase she divorce and come back a farm land must be given to her to farm and take care of her children's and her self.

For (unwanted pregnant- Ime Nkpuke) a male child born in Igbo family before her mother get married, he must not go empty handed from grand father inheritance.

For first son to have all this privilege in Igbo custom, you must be a traditionalist because you replace your father position in taken care of his offor, which has been for ages.

Because as your father dies, he become one of family ancestors and as he was offering rites to ancestors before him, so is custom for one of his children in person of his first son to follow his steps.

As a result of the origin of the practice where first son inherited his father and share with his brothers and daughter as traditional worship demands, the first son must be a traditionalist, which confers the right and authority to him. In a place where the first son is not traditionalist and any of junior male son is a traditionalist the authority is transfer to the junior one. And in a place where none of the male children's is a traditional worshiper as traditional keepers, there's no need to apply custom.

But you can see that people can claim to be christian and reject anything to do with custom as law of traditional worshipers recommended, as only religion in Igboland for thousands of years before coming of Christianity.

The same Igbo man that rejects the tradition because he's now with new religion will quote that in Igbo custom first son inherited his father and pocketed everything for himself and his foolish followers that don't know the origin of the custom law and how it practice will be praising him meanwhile he is not a traditionalist but base his claim to traditional worshipers law.

Traditional law of Igbo worship, which igbo's claim as custom never permits a son to send her mother away from his husband house when the father die, instead the tradition make it look foolish for son to get married under her mother roof, because then a man build 1 huts for wife and children 1 for him self then he's Obi for family gathering, so when you're preparing to get married the first thing to do it to build your own hut in your father compound whether your first, second fourth, or tenth son. it looks foolish to marry under your mother roof because your father can't allow that, it dons't show you're hard working and can able to care for your about to start family. And if your able to proved you have become a man as your not the first son, your father can settle you before he join his ancestors.

Anytime issue of sharing or inheritance comes up, Igbo's will be claiming that is first son right without understanding that if you are not a member of traditional worshiper that law is not for you, As a christian you should be quote according to bible , mixing two law to suite your inheritance criminality art can led to killing of family members.

A traditionalist cannot seized things that belongs to entire family because oracle will kill him, but a christian can and claim that is custom of Igbo land, how does it sound in your mind to shout God knows i am a child of God and Jesus is my witness that this is our custom handed over to us by our ancestors whom got most of law as traditional worshipers as instructed by their oracle, calculate where you base your claim and tell me why you're not confused.

IF not greediness, when a man die without will, everything should be share equal according to government law or according to religion he belongs if they have law on how to share property.

But claiming that Igbo traditional worshipers law, where what this generation refers as custom gives you right as first son to inherits and seized everything a man works for your self is completely false.

You need traditionalist to interpret the law or custom to you because what you quote is greedy side that you hope to favor you. fist question to ask your self is, Are you a traditionalist? why trial to use traditional law to deny your sibling right to their father inheritance when you know very well that you are not a traditionalist. second why can't you break down the law in pieces than stopping half way?

Can you quote that Islamic law permits you to do this and that when your not a Muslim, the same way your ancestors was a traditional worship and have the law that led them, you should not claim that you want to steal your brothers and sisters property in the name of first son because your ancestors practice it, when your in different religion.

Igbo tradition is Igbo worship and still in practice today, they are call (Gordian religion) if you are not member of Gordian Religion why claiming that their law permits you to inherits as for son in Igboland.

You either go for government to help share your father property when he die without will or go to religion he belongs but stop claiming custom you can't explain just because is about inheritance.

1 Like

Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by obama30: 4:30pm On Aug 10, 2021
Slimslimqq:
Good evening elders.

A friend of mine needs urgent advice before taking a bold step.

He relocated to south Africa 6 years ago, and since he traveled he has been sending home some amount of money to help his father complete his house.

So last year, unfortunately his father died and has since been buried.

He just arrived from south Africa since then. Now he wants to renovate his fathers house to 3 bedroom flat because he's planning to marry next year, He's not returning to south Africa.

But, his mom declined and said she won't allow him take over the house from her, though he promised to rent an apartment for her but declined.

Now this has caused a lot of problem between the mother and son, because the son claims he built d house to that stage but the mother is claiming she is his mother and the wife to the late owner(father).

He's planning on taking drastic steps which I have advised him against, but he seems not to understand everything I'm saying.

I told him about nairaland, that there are experienced people who will give him d best advise and he's given me a go ahead.

I will be sending these page link to him, so he can hear from d public and then know what to decide.

He needs your sincere advise.

Thanks

Please help us help a brother

In igbo tradition when a man die

Is not religion of today that confers right of first son to inherits his father and share the properties with his brothers and sister, is tradition of olds, which Christianity condemn and still condemning, even in the Bible first son's don inherits and pocketed in his pocket but sharing with him siblings after reserving one potion for him self the less must be share equally, but you must be a jew for the law to be apply to you if not your not part of this, (Upon the death of the father, the firstborn eldest son became the new head of the family.The birthright son was entitled to a double portion (that is, twice as much as any other son) of the father's inheritance—one portion as a son, the second portion as the new head responsible for the family see Gen. 48:22; Deut)

In igbo tradition when a man die, the first son inherited his father and reserve one potion as first son and also his father building, and a potion of land that is enough for farming must give to mother to farm, which when mother pass away is automatically belong to last male child, but if the last child happen to be female and not married the mother farm land automatically belong to her, no tradition forbid her from having children (is Christianity that make is look as if single lady having children in her father land is a sin in Nri clan)

Now to male children after the first son has taken one potion added to father house, they will share the remaining equal non to female children as you say, sharing of father property in Igbo land is call (Idu-Obi) aga-ghi edu gi obi ha-pu ike ihe)

Do you know why a potion of the land was added to father house inherited by the first son, making the first son share 2 plus father house?

No the female children go unsettled, the first son take care of all their needs both education because he the first son hold on a potion of share that suppose to be the female daughters share, that is reason he takes double portion of share, when a daughter get married, on evening of traditional marriage, The first son must according to traditional worship law or custom settled the married daughter from profit generated from extra potion of share he was holding, if he refuse others male sibling and Umuada must force him to settle their sister or forfeit the extra potion of the property to share it among the daughters, because is their birthright to settle them on the traditional wedding evening or give them inheritance from their father and it's fall to the first son to chose one else Umuada and siblings will be involve. That is what igbo call (Ndu nwa-nwanyi uno) but many people today never settled their married daughter or sister thinking is a custom for a female daughter to go empty handed from his father without any share of property no is not custom instead greediness of this generation. some family bought a house in the name of their daughter as IDU-UNO, some buy cars, some give valuable properties and cash, where do you think is started from. it's given to her as IDU-UNO, after IDU-UNO she don't have anymore share from her fathers inheritance. But that doesn't mean she should not allow to come back to live in her father house if divorce or having issue with her husband, and if encase she divorce and come back a farm land must be given to her to farm and take care of her children's and her self.

For (unwanted pregnant- Ime Nkpuke) a male child born in Igbo family before her mother get married, he must not go empty handed from grand father inheritance.

For first son to have all this privilege in Igbo custom, you must be a traditionalist because you replace your father position in taken care of his offor, which has been for ages.

Because as your father dies, he become one of family ancestors and as he was offering rites to ancestors before him, so is custom for one of his children in person of his first son to follow his steps.

As a result of the origin of the practice where first son inherited his father and share with his brothers and daughter as traditional worship demands, the first son must be a traditionalist, which confers the right and authority to him. In a place where the first son is not traditionalist and any of junior male son is a traditionalist the authority is transfer to the junior one. And in a place where none of the male children's is a traditional worshiper as traditional keepers, there's no need to apply custom.

But you can see that people can claim to be christian and reject anything to do with custom as law of traditional worshipers recommended, as only religion in Igboland for thousands of years before coming of Christianity.

The same Igbo man that rejects the tradition because he's now with new religion will quote that in Igbo custom first son inherited his father and pocketed everything for himself and his foolish followers that don't know the origin of the custom law and how it practice will be praising him meanwhile he is not a traditionalist but base his claim to traditional worshipers law.

Traditional law of Igbo worship, which igbo's claim as custom never permits a son to send her mother away from his husband house when the father die, instead the tradition make it look foolish for son to get married under her mother roof, because then a man build 1 huts for wife and children 1 for him self then he's Obi for family gathering, so when you're preparing to get married the first thing to do it to build your own hut in your father compound whether your first, second fourth, or tenth son. it looks foolish to marry under your mother roof because your father can't allow that, it dons't show you're hard working and can able to care for your about to start family. And if your able to proved you have become a man as your not the first son, your father can settle you before he join his ancestors.

Anytime issue of sharing or inheritance comes up, Igbo's will be claiming that is first son right without understanding that if you are not a member of traditional worshiper that law is not for you, As a christian you should be quote according to bible , mixing two law to suite your inheritance criminality art can led to killing of family members.

A traditionalist cannot seized things that belongs to entire family because oracle will kill him, but a christian can and claim that is custom of Igbo land, how does it sound in your mind to shout God knows i am a child of God and Jesus is my witness that this is our custom handed over to us by our ancestors whom got most of law as traditional worshipers as instructed by their oracle, calculate where you base your claim and tell me why you're not confused.

IF not greediness, when a man die without will, everything should be share equal according to government law or according to religion he belongs if they have law on how to share property.

But claiming that Igbo traditional worshipers law, where what this generation refers as custom gives you right as first son to inherits and seized everything a man works for your self is completely false.

You need traditionalist to interpret the law or custom to you because what you quote is greedy side that you hope to favor you. fist question to ask your self is, Are you a traditionalist? why trial to use traditional law to deny your sibling right to their father inheritance when you know very well that you are not a traditionalist. second why can't you break down the law in pieces than stopping half way?

Can you quote that Islamic law permits you to do this and that when your not a Muslim, the same way your ancestors was a traditional worship and have the law that led them, you should not claim that you want to steal your brothers and sisters property in the name of first son because your ancestors practice it, when your in different religion.

Igbo tradition is Igbo worship and still in practice today, they are call (Gordian religion) if you are not member of Gordian Religion why claiming that their law permits you to inherits as for son in Igboland.

You either go for government to help share your father property when he die without will or go to religion he belongs but stop claiming custom you can't explain just because is about inheritance.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by NoToPile: 4:43pm On Aug 10, 2021
aribisala0:
How is that my business?

Loool.

Never mind.
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by Plomo: 4:53pm On Aug 10, 2021
obama30:

You claim to be an Igbo but you don't know the value of Ezeani, which is highest title in Igboland taken by righteous traditional keepers. many refuse to takes it today because they may die on the process of preparation because their hands has been soiled with evil deeds. Many people that parade them self as Ezeani today did not take the title they just added it to their name just like that.

Now to our Issue, I am from Nri clan, Nri clan comprises all town in Anambra state including some town now in Imo and Enugu state as civilization demarcates us this day.

Who go read this chapter?

1 Like

Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by mechanics(m): 5:57pm On Aug 10, 2021
aribisala0:
What you believe or what you think you know is very different from reality.
This is an internet age . It should not be too onerous to substantiate that.
Is the term "Next of kin" define in any law or statute in Nigeria?
So you have not filled any form and they ask you to produce your next of kin abi? If they are not asking then it's not a law.
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by aribisala0(m): 6:00pm On Aug 10, 2021
mechanics:
So you have not filled any form and they ask you to produce your next of kin abi? If they are not asking then it's not a law.
The first form I filled where I put next of kin was in secondary school
As far as I can recollect I had nothing that anyone could inherit except my Maths Set
So YOU TELL ME why did they want that information?

instead of jumping around go online and search for any law in Nigeria that cites NEXT OF KIN
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by mechanics(m): 6:01pm On Aug 10, 2021
aribisala0:

The first form I filled where I put next of kin was in secondary school
As far as I can recollect I had nothing that anyone could inherit except my Maths Set
So YOU TELL ME why did they want that information?
It has worked for me and it's still working for people, just get a lawyer to assist you.
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by aribisala0(m): 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2021
mechanics:
It has worked for me and it's still working for people, just get a lawyer to assist you.
instead of jumping around go online and search for any law in Nigeria that cites NEXT OF KIN
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by aribisala0(m): 6:04pm On Aug 10, 2021
mechanics:
Next of kin means nearest relative for certain purposes . Nothing to do with succession
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by mechanics(m): 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2021
aribisala0:
Next of kin means nearest relative for certain purposes . Nothing to do with succession
That means the will he left behind will decide who owns the house, if no will the man will be helpless.
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by aribisala0(m): 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2021
mechanics:
That means the will he left behind will decide who owns the house, if no will the man will be helpless.
Sorry sir I don't know book
This your English strong oo
We inherited our law form the English
In the UK Next of kin has no legal definition

If a married man dies without a will . How his estate is disposed depends on whether he married under the Marriage act, Sharia law, or Native law
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by mechanics(m): 6:13pm On Aug 10, 2021
aribisala0:
Sorry sir I don't know book
This your English strong oo
We inherited our law form the English
In the UK Next of kin has no legal definition

If a married man dies without a will . How his estate is disposed depends on whether he married under the Marriage act, Sharia law, or Native law
If next of kin has no legal law, then why are we using it for official purpose, forget legal definition, if the man does not have a will then, it will be difficult to determine who owns what and what, in that case, all parties must come together and settle it out amicably.
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by aribisala0(m): 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2021
mechanics:
If next of kin has no legal law, then why are we using it for official purpose, forget legal definition, if the man does not have a will then, it will be difficult to determine who owns what and what, in that case, all parties must come together and settle it out amicably.
Sir let me ask you one question

No vex

iwe melo lo ka?
How many book you read?
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by mechanics(m): 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2021
aribisala0:
Sir let me ask you one question

No vex

iwe melo lo ka?
How many book you read?
how?
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by kolexy(m): 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2021
Pavore9:

Being Yoruba even means his sisters are also entitled a share of the house, tell him to better go out and rent a house for himself in preparation of getting married next year as his mother will not be shifting an inch!

And you believe the response? That is clearly alien to Yoruba culture. Being the first son or boy-child offers little or no advantage in Yoruba culture, rather it is means more responsibility.
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by snarkynehne(f): 10:00pm On Aug 10, 2021
Newboss:

Who is your sweetheart? You can never be my type. Go meet your daddy
Heh calm down it's a word i call kids. how can i be your type before? hehe pikin like you? and yes only my HUSBAND can drag the love i have for my popsi. Proudly daddy's girl
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by Newboss(m): 8:48am On Aug 11, 2021
snarkynehne:

Heh calm down it's a word i call kids. how can i be your type before? hehe pikin like you? and yes only my HUSBAND can drag the love i have for my popsi. Proudly daddy's girl

Madam, run along, you're not my type
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by charlsecy(m): 9:00am On Aug 11, 2021
nunnu:
Stupid son.
since he traveled he has been sending home some amount of money to help his father complete his house
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by 77star: 2:01am On Aug 16, 2021
ok
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by shantti(m): 11:04pm On Sep 21, 2021
nedekid:
If the mother was legally married to the father ie under English law (Canon law I think it is called), and the man did not leave a will, automatically, the wife is the inheritor to the later husband's assets.
In the absence of the wife, then the children of the union in respective of male, first born all are equal beneficiaries. If no children, then the parents of the man. In absence of the parents, his siblings.
Note, even if the man had accounts in which he put his son a next of kin, a valid marriage certificate, supercedes next of kin.
In this case, bearing the above, the wife is the beneficiary of the Late man's assets.
Lawyers can explain better.

Rubbish, my uncle's money was given to my cousin in the presence of his mother, they didn't give it to the woman even though her husband married her in the church, they gave it to the owner of the name used as the next of kin. This is a large sum of money. Though He consienceciously shared it among his brothers and mother. He didn't give his elder sister though.
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by nedekid: 1:21am On Sep 22, 2021
shantti:

Rubbish, my uncle's money was given to my cousin in the presence of his mother, they didn't give it to the woman even though her husband married her in the church, they gave it to the owner of the name used as the next of kin. This is a large sum of money. Though He consienceciously shared it among his brothers and mother. He didn't give his elder sister though.
The fact your uncles money was shared anyhow does not make the law "rubbish". If the money was put in a trash can and fire thrown inside, that is your choice.
The law under Canon law says otherwise and that is what I described earlier. If your uncles wife was married under Canon law and had a marriage certificate issued by marriage registry eg ikoyii registry, what I stated is applicable to her by law. It is a different issue is she decides to ignore her rights. In the absence of a will, she supercedes any other beneficiary, even next of kin.

https://discoverymediacrew.com/2019/09/16/what-the-law-says-about-next-of-kin-in-nigeria/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/supreme-courts-decision-on-female-inheritance-divides-igbo/amp/
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by Microwhy: 6:43am On Sep 22, 2021
Slimslimqq:
yes. They are all ladies. He's like 10 years older than his immediate sister
Rolling with someone like you friend with such mentality makes you also a bad fella.
Sometimes the say bird of the same feather or maybe you're a leech and can advice your friend appropriately.
So if your weak and greedy friend take over the house, where would he call Family House?
A cook up story from a stupid mind.
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by CaptainZubi: 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2022
Vulcan24:
The head of the family if a man dies intestate is the First eldest son. the mother should reason and think of the comfort and future of his children as the care of burden would still be on the first son.

I think the mother is just been possessive and there s more to this story cos most mothers who had issues with their husband tenaciously cling to the property thinking this is a reward for all the years of maltreatment and suffering

however i see this as a poor judgment and callousness, Son should take over the property, renovate and if he wishes settled the mother in a better apartment or allow live in same house. that the proper way and right thinking people should go

I HAVE A SON TOO, he should not give in to the wish of his mother, imagine i leave property and my first son is not allowed to live in it, i will get up from my grave and throw that woman out.
I'm also facing this. Mother often quarrelled with father before he died, several times she even cried on phone she was tired of the marriage. Now that the man is gone, she clinged to all his properties and she doesn't look like she's ready to release anything. Weytin off me pass is that the day after he died, she already got hold of his atm cards , landed documents etc. The only thing that looks like she will release is one of his cars and that's simply because she doesn't need it. His second car she wanted to fix it immediately which raised suspicion she was ready to sell it. You know weytin off me pass?

She was against burying the man in the compound so the house could have a good resale value.

Women ehn. .. fear them o. They are devils.
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by Vulcan24(m): 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2022
CaptainZubi:

I'm also facing this. Mother often quarrelled with father before he died, several times she even cried on phone she was tired of the marriage. Now that the man is gone, she clinged to all his properties and she doesn't look like she's ready to release anything. Weytin off me pass is that the day after he died, she already got hold of his atm cards , landed documents etc. The only thing that looks like she will release is one of his cars and that's simply because she doesn't need it. His second car she wanted to fix it immediately which raised suspicion she was ready to sell it. You know weytin off me pass?

She was against burying the man in the compound so the house could have a good resale value.

Women ehn. .. fear them o. They are devils.

You guys didn't take charge of your father's properties and get closer to him ?
Some of these women were just waiting for their husband to due and start claiming

You can and should def takia of her but she can't deprive you of your father's properties
Take it easy and find a way to inherit your father's wealth. It is your right
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by CaptainZubi: 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2022
Vulcan24:

You guys didn't take charge of your father's properties and get closer to him ?
Some of these women were just waiting for their husband to due and start claiming

You can and should def takia of her but she can't deprive you of your father's properties
Take it easy and find a way to inherit your father's wealth. It is your right
Nna ehn the experience alone has made me have a second thought about marriage. I thought deeply, if a husband dies, these women have nothing to lose o, they have absolutely nothing to lose. Most of them will even get hold of his properties and remarry ontop. It's a win win for them. How can your husband die and the next day you already siezed his properties, debit cards and documents. You no fit even wait for some time to form you're sorrowful and grieving. More than 2M in her account from donations yet she's claiming there's no money.
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by Vulcan24(m): 5:51pm On Nov 05, 2022
CaptainZubi:

Nna ehn the experience alone has made me have a second thought about marriage. I thought deeply, if a husband dies, these women have nothing to lose o, they have absolutely nothing to lose. Most of them will even get hold of his properties and remarry ontop. It's a win win for them. How can your husband die and the next day you already siezed his properties, debit cards and documents. You no fit even wait for some time to form you're sorrowful and grieving. More than 2M in her account from donations yet she's claiming there's no money.

It's cos she has issues with her husband, i mentioned it earlier. Trust me she will still loose all.
Something will catch up with her and the seized properties will go

Just make sure you are always on ground,
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by CaptainZubi: 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2022
Vulcan24:

It's cos she has issues with her husband, i mentioned it earlier. Trust me she will still loose all.

Another one grin

grin

Meanwhile update on mine. Millions of naira already in her position. Out of the millions of naira, she sent 40k into my account . 40k na my own portion lol.
Re: Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property by CaptainZubi: 8:35pm On Dec 13, 2022
Vulcan24:

Bros as I speak, father's company has released almost 10M to her and this woman is not ready to release 1 naira to anybody.. she has even been lying about the figures to family members.. telling them it's 3M etc. . How do I go about this? I'm thinking of involving the family.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / 5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / 10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.