Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo (36772 Views)

How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? / She Married My Best Man Without Divorcing Me - Nigerian Husband Cries Out / Hilarious Story Of Nigerian Man Divorcing Wife In US Because She's A Witch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by nlfpmod: 10:10am On May 24, 2023
As shared by Vashti Vash Offo:

Divorce rates are not even high enough in Nigeria. Women are going through shege. A lot of Nigerian men are unhinged. My best friend’s case is still shocking me. She was the life of the party in med school and an amazing entrepreneur.

Got married and he stopped her from seeing her friends. He will reprimand her for even going to see her parents in the same Lagos . On the same Lagos island!she respected all that for the marriage to ‘work’.

He told her no night shifts. Medical doctors earn more money, working nights . It took her a while to get a job because most hospitals wanted doctors that could work nights. That affected her career.

She eventually got into post grad medical college after passing her exams. Literally chose a field that will allow her work just days and go back home to cater to her family. It was not enough for this useless man

The last straw was locking her out because she attended a discussion class with her colleagues prior to her part 1 exams. He told her not to go for the discussion class. Something she needed to pass her exams. She came back and he had locked her out. That’s how the marriage ended

Contrary to what y’all like to think, women are not divorcing men in Nigeria, enough!!! A lot of women are still putting up with so much rubbish. Believe it or not, a lot of women are suffering because of the shame of a marriage not working out.

If you see a divorced woman in Nigeria, biko applaud her. It must have taken a lot for her to decide to leave that marriage. A lot are still suffering. I will always be in awe of women that leave ugly marriages in Nigeria.

This other girl I know, a lab scientist, kept getting STDs and she was not sleeping around. How are you married to a microbiologist and you are bringing STDs home? Her parents had to get her out of that marriage before she caught something. Men are fucking wild in Nigeria.

https://twitter.com/Vash_Offo/status/1660702453648465927?t=iG_-zSFySZJMgg1RI7BOoA&s=08

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by iammo(m): 10:12am On May 24, 2023
Divorce is never the solution, marriage is not meant to be perfect

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Jennyclay(f): 10:32am On May 24, 2023
MONEY
SEX
LOVE
ATTENTION.

If a man can’t give me enough of these 4 things I listed above in my marriage, I’ll gladly divorce him.

BTW, the lady should be happy that the ERROR called marriage has ended. A better man who would appreciate and respect her career must surely locate her.

16 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by bukatyne(f): 10:39am On May 24, 2023
iammo:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

When they say for better for worse, they refer to challenges that life throws at the couple; childlessness, job loss, health challenges, issues from in-laws, special needs children etc.

They are not talking about one of the parties roving mad and becoming a witch/wizard to the other party.

It is this 'marriage is not meant to be perfect ' that enables you men especially to waltz in with stupid behaviours and lack of home training hoping to be tolerated and accepted.

While marriage a might not be perfect because life is not perfect and the challenges I mentioned above, marriage ought to be enjoyed by both parties.

So ask yourself: these behaviours I put up, would it make my spouse enjoy this marriage?

Life is already throwing challenges, why should someone meant to make our lives more beautiful contribute or sponsor the major challenge?

146 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by iammo(m): 10:42am On May 24, 2023
bukatyne:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

When they say for better for worse, they refer to challenges that life throws at the couple; childlessness, job loss, health challenges, issues from in-laws, special needs children etc.

They are not talking about one of the parties roving mad and becoming a witch/wizard to the other party.

It is this 'marriage is not meant to be perfect ' that enables you men especially to waltz in with stupid behaviours and lack of home training hoping to be tolerated and accepted.

While marriage a might not be perfect because life is not perfect and the challenges I mentioned above, marriage ought to be enjoyed by both parties.

So ask yourself: these behaviours I put up, would it make my spouse enjoy this marriage?

Life is already throwing challenges, why should someone meant to make our lives more beautiful contribute or sponsor the major challenge?

You talk as if the man isn't tolerating her bad behaviors too or she's perfect

From the story up there am sure the man has several reasons for his actions, and he is the only one in best position to throw more light

206 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by bukatyne(f): 10:47am On May 24, 2023
iammo:

From the story up there am sure the man has several reasons for his actions, and he is the only one in best position to throw more light

Let's take the men's behaviors at face value:

What would make husband 1 an enemy of progress with the intent to ruin her career? He saw teachers who would be home every night, he did not marry; instead he went for a doctor.

What would make husband 2 a septic tank always giving his wife STDs like he is their chief distributor in Nigeria?

I would like to hear your justifications for their actions.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Jennyclay(f): 10:51am On May 24, 2023
iammo:

the man is just a foolish confused man who has no reasons for his action.

The man is also a randy man reason his wife keeps getting STDs.

Honestly, I just hate Nigerian men!! They’re so disgusting and irritating undecided

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Mindlog: 11:41am On May 24, 2023
iammo:

"Several reasons" for hindering the career growth of a medical doctor, who happens to be his wife? angry

I am wondering how the doctor wife, haven studied psychiatry and personality disorders in medical school, allowed the man in his psychosis to mess her up!

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Kobojunkie: 12:06pm On May 24, 2023
iammo:
Stop telling lies! undecided

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by pocohantas(f): 12:07pm On May 24, 2023
Women and men are going through shege in Nigerian marriages, but the difference is, men are brazen about the shege they dish out. Women are hardly ever that brazen because they know the odds are not in their favour. I can't say the same for the sons of Nebuchadnezzar.

When a man sees shege, he is encouraged to get a divorce or side-chick for balance and he would most likely do that. With or without shege.

When a woman sees shege, she is encouraged to wear red pant and pray. This has never been a proven way to let out steam, so they become toxic and depressed with receding hairlines. Waiting for their kids to grow, then they go there to disturb the future daughter inlaw and the son who has failed to ask his mother why she is running from her own husband, would indulge her. Or maybe he knows why she is running. After all he saw it happen.

I am not moved by all the divorce topics in the UK or wherever. The problem is not the UK. The problem is the foundation of Nigerian marriages. We are a dangerous people. Home and abroad we are the same. Any country we enter en masse must start looking for how to close her borders. That is how dangerous we are. But we would hardly ever reflect and change. Instead we blame feminism, blame NATO, blame a Youtuber and blame Tinubu. Very anyhow people...

142 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Kobojunkie: 12:09pm On May 24, 2023
iammo:
■ You talk as if the man isn't tolerating her bad behaviors too or she's perfect. From the story up there am sure the man has several reasons for his actions, and he is the only one in best position to throw more light
What valid reason would there be for a man to subjugate his partner and wife in marriage? The marriage na only him own? undecided

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Princessdainty(m): 12:44pm On May 24, 2023
Jennyclay:
MONEY
SEX
LOVE
ATTENTION.

If a man can’t give me enough of these 4 things I listed above in my marriage, I’ll gladly divorce him.

BTW, the lady should be happy that the ERROR called marriage has ended. A better man who would appreciate and respect her career must surely locate her.
and what do you give the man in return?

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Farfalla(f): 12:53pm On May 24, 2023
pocohantas:

When a woman sees shege, she is encouraged to wear red pant and pray. This has never been a proven way to let out steam, so they become toxic and depressed with receding hairlines.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by pocohantas(f): 12:56pm On May 24, 2023
Farfalla:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Look at Annie's hairline.
Even the late Osinachi. lipsrsealed

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 24, 2023
Marriage to a Nigerian man is SUFFERING angry especially to the typical, uncultured, unexposed, unrefined, self centered, egoistic, chauvinistic, loud Nigerian man. Some are overgrown babies you wonder who raised them. Phew!

I jump and pass! Bite me angry

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by bukatyne(f): 1:30pm On May 24, 2023
pocohantas:
Women and men are going through shege in Nigerian marriages, but the difference is, men are brazen about the shege they dish out. Women are hardly ever that brazen because they know the odds are not in their favour. I can't say the same for the sons of Nebuchadnezzar.

When a man sees shege, he is encouraged to get a divorce or side-chick for balance and he would most likely do that. With or without shege.

When a woman sees shege, she is encouraged to wear red pant and pray. This has never been a proven way to let out steam, so they become toxic and depressed with receding hairlines. Waiting for their kids to grow, then they go there to disturb the future daughter inlaw and the son who has failed to ask his mother why she is running from her own husband, would indulge her. Or maybe he knows why she is running. After all he saw it happen.

I am not moved by all the divorce topics in the UK or wherever. The problem is not the UK. The problem is the foundation of Nigerian marriages. We are a dangerous people. Home and abroad we are the same. Any country we enter en masse must start looking for how to close her borders. That is how dangerous we are. But we would hardly ever reflect and change. Instead we blame feminism, blame NATO, blame a Youtuber and blame Tinubu. Very anyhow people...

@bold:

I don't know whether to cry or laugh.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by ibkayee(f): 1:32pm On May 24, 2023
pocohantas:

Look at Ahnie's hairline.
Idibia? Ah ahn 🤣

Did you watch that Young, Famous and African show?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by bukatyne(f): 1:33pm On May 24, 2023
pocohantas:

Look at Ahnie's hairline.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Late Osinachi was tragic;

How can a man be defective in all parameters that make women overlook male madness?

Poor, ugly, short in addition to wizardy behaviour of all forms of abuse?

It was sad.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by JpBiz92: 1:35pm On May 24, 2023
Jennyclay:
MONEY
SEX
LOVE
ATTENTION.

I can deliver number 2 to you in large quantities

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by pocohantas(f): 1:37pm On May 24, 2023
ibkayee:

Idibia? Ah ahn 🤣

Did you watch that Young, Famous and African show?

Yes na. Annie Idibia. I didn't o. I no wan vex.
I only wish two of them the best because strangely I love seeing them together.

bukatyne:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Late Osinachi was tragic;

How can a man be defective in all parameters that make women overlook male madness?

Poor, ugly, short in addition to wizardy behaviour of all forms of abuse?

It was sad.

I am sure that man hooked her as a young naive girl. Now I see why your church cares about age difference. Make them understand who is manipulating who.🤣🤣🤣

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by ibkayee(f): 1:41pm On May 24, 2023
pocohantas:

All I will say is I wish Annie the best because….

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by bukatyne(f): 1:42pm On May 24, 2023
Persephone1:
Marriage to a Nigerian man is SUFFERING angry especially to the typical, uncultured, unexposed, unrefined, self centered, egoistic, chauvinistic, loud Nigerian man. Some are overgrown babies you wonder who raised them. Phew!

I jump and pass! Bite me angry

There are many sweet Nigerian men.

You just need spiritual, physical, physiological, emotional and financial vetting grin

11 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by pocohantas(f): 1:47pm On May 24, 2023
ibkayee:

All I will say is I wish Annie the best because….

I am used to spelling her name as Ah.nie, that spelling of the name done master me due to the NL ahniee's username.

Sometimes I wish the show is scripted. Let me believe it is for the views and not the situation of things. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 24, 2023
bukatyne:

There are many sweet Nigerian men.

You just need spiritual, physical, physiological, emotional and financial vetting grin
Lol on top Nigerian marriage? grin grin

Nahhhhh

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by bukatyne(f): 2:01pm On May 24, 2023
Persephone1:
Lol on top Nigerian marriage? grin grin

Nahhhhh

But you need these vetting if you are marrying a man from the moon na. cheesy

And they are not 'hard/ tedious' as they sound.

4 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by bukatyne(f): 2:02pm On May 24, 2023
pocohantas:

I am sure that man hooked her as a young naive girl. Now I see why your church cares about age difference. Make them understand who is manipulating who.🤣🤣🤣

😃 😀 😄 😁 🤣 😂 😃 😀 😄 😁 🤣

Her case was so sad sha.

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by Dalil8: 2:07pm On May 24, 2023
In all of this. Na men i blame. If you stop marrying women would divorce exist? NO

I'm more concerned about the money & properties lost by men during divorce (Alimony, child support). Remove that and trust me, men would marry and divorce for sport.

If u take away every single woman from the world today the only challenge would be procreation. But even that can be fixed, as there are babies that were grown outside the womb. Science and technology would fix that easily.

MEN, be like me. Modern men do not need women.

1. Make money, get all ur kids through surrogacy or whichever means you chose, that doesn't require women.

2. Hire a nanny or nannies to take care of your kids. That way u don't have to deal with all the baggage that comes with a Wife hoe.

3. Have fun.

No paternity fraud, no worrying about ur hoe cheating on you, no unnecessary female drama in ur life plus its 100% cheaper than having a wife

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by ibkayee(f): 2:13pm On May 24, 2023
pocohantas:

I am used to spelling her name as Ah.nie, that spelling of the name done master me due to the NL ahniee's username.

Sometimes I wish the show is scripted. Let me believe it is for the views and not the situation of things. cheesy cheesy
Most of these shows are scripted to some degree, real life is embellished/exaggerated to make ‘good’ tv however every now and then you’ll get an organic storyline like the Idibia’s. Something we’ve been hearing about for years 😂

With the kain embarrassment Annie has been getting from this show I doubt it’s for views, there are a lot of cringe moments 💀

But as much as one may feel sorry for her at this point she knows what she’s signed up for, whether it’s her relationship with 2face or the exposure the show brings 🤷🏾‍♀️🤷🏾‍♀️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by felong(m): 3:27pm On May 24, 2023
Sometimes if you don't treat women this way, they won't be submissive and take you for granted. Once you install fear in her, she won't behave anyhow.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by DropsMic(m): 3:28pm On May 24, 2023
Agreed
Re: Women Are Not Divorcing Men In Nigeria Enough! - Vash Offo by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:29pm On May 24, 2023
you have to blame NIGERIAN CULTURE/SOCIETY for that... because it is well known that a miserable married woman is better than a divorced woman in Nigeria...and your friend knew that very well, thus why she accepted all the above insecure nonsense from her husband. who are we kidding?

- marriage in Nigeria is an achievement
- marriage in Nigeria is success
- mariage in Nigeria is synonymous with happiness (even if that married woman is miserable)
- some women out there have nothing of value in life than their marriage
- some women are ready/willing to marry any donkey, out of desperation to be called "Mrs"
- some women would kill to stay married

24 Likes 9 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Would A Wife Ask Her Husband Money For Sex? / 28 Year Old Mother Dumps New Born Baby In A Nylon Bag On The Street (photo) / He Did Not Enjoy Intimacy With Me, And Concluded I Am Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.